Para Market Testing Station [Updated] - Page 6 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Para Market Testing Station [Updated]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
355 replies to this topic

#126 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:22 PM

I SUPPORT CAPITALISM

ALL HAIL LAISSEZ-FAIRE

DOWN WITH MARKET INTERFERENCE

fun fact

Capitalism is actually a term created by Karl Marx as a derogatory/pejorative term.

#127 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:57 PM

Arent the para market items limited and given out at a specific time or something

Edited by YangeWenli, 20 April 2016 - 03:58 PM.

#128 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:14 PM

Suggestion for stoping bots form exploiting the ParaMarket

make all buyer answer 10 Randomly generated Algebra Questions :p_hi: each time they buy.

Because if computers are bad at anything, it's math?

#129 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:17 PM

Because if computers are bad at anything, it's math?

bots can program to do math questions?

if that doesn't work, how about a Random set of Ragnarok Trivia question, 10 out of 10 or you can't buy.

#130 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:17 PM

Yes they have a limited stock that is replenished at set intervals.

#131 Fauxeglove

Fauxeglove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:18 PM

While it seems there are NPCs that need to be removed, I want to support the ones that actually help players engage in the game. 

There will be a lot less Buy Shops out there buying witch's starsand and drosera tentacles and the like; but implementing certain materials for creation e.g food items, minerals, etc could potentially promote a kind of player involvement/competition that would be healthy for the economy. But as others have suggested above, it would be unwise to include loot or items gained from instances and quests. Including such items will by virtue take away the fun in exploring the maps and actually playing the game. 

Food for thought: A reward that is given to you is far less rewarding than one that is earned.

If all else fails, implementing these NPCs will make players take items for granted, and lose interest in playing in general. At that point, there is very little we can do to keep the interest of old and new players other than introducing new KP items (which is sad tbh, since the game has potential to be more than just a game about money)

#132 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:31 PM

Wouldnt a good suggestion for Para Market entry be an npc which asks a series of questions similar to TI gramps when everyone talked to him post August 2015? Randomizing which spot the answer is?

#133 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:33 PM

if that doesn't work, how about a Random set of Ragnarok Trivia question, 10 out of 10 or you can't buy.

You'd be surprised by how really few real players would actually hit the 10pts, including veterans.

And bots still win on this one.

#134 sephsy

sephsy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:38 PM

i'd like to ask what is the advantage and disadvantage of Para Market??

#135 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:12 PM

anythink just please remove oca and coag i live from that if it sell too low. i will start begging to everyone haha

#136 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:21 PM

Wouldnt a good suggestion for Para Market entry be an npc which asks a series of questions similar to TI gramps when everyone talked to him post August 2015? Randomizing which spot the answer is?

Oh my God your signature @_@...

#137 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:37 PM

I wonder how many people will quit AGAIN when this POS thing comes to the server. lol 

this is like nailing the coffin for people who just brews for a living. seriously

#138 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:39 PM

It's simple. Let's say currently in Ragial, people are vending OCAs for 4.5m-7.5m. If Paramarket vends and sells OCA at 9m, OCAs on the market will never go beyond that price or too far from it.

In case OCA does increase beyond that price due to huge demand from OCA buyers, Botters will have advantage over regular players. They will camp the Para market and snipe it faster than regular players.

Buyers on the other hand will benefit from this too that they will never have to pay more than a certain amount of price for OCAs. Just that their zeny will go to botters instead..

OCA's price can vary greatly depending on supply/ demand. It has been in the low for a while due to players over farming it. Para Market provides another easy way to supply more OCAs to the market.

I see this but I dont understand why people cant just not buy from them? Pretty sure that store with the OCAs is gonna have some crazy amount anyhow that a normal player wouldnt be able to get within the 1st week so it shouldnt be hard to tell.

It look like to me tho that kRO wants cards accessible and wants gears with enchants with more value with this move.

#139 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:48 PM

Thats obvious with how many instances give OCAs and how many new updates are enchants related.|

There is over 400 OCAs on the market at practically any given time, and there is enchanted gears out the ass everywhere. Why do we need some NPC market to give us even more when we have more than we can even use?

Again, this update is a blessing for the 4 out of 5 kRO servers that are dead. But is a bad feature for anything that is actually alive.

Edited by Toxn, 20 April 2016 - 05:50 PM.

#140 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

Thats obvious with how many instances give OCAs and how many new updates are enchants related.|

There is over 400 OCAs on the market at practically any given time, and there is enchanted gears out the ass everywhere. Why do we need some NPC market to give us even more when we have more than we can even use?

Again, this update is a blessing for the 4 out of 5 kRO servers that are dead. But is a bad feature for anything that is actually alive.

agreed. put it in the same boat as mvp shadow gears. NOT IMPLEMENTED lol

#141 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:02 PM

Suggestion for stoping bots form exploiting the ParaMarket

make all buyer answer 10 Randomly generated Algebra Questions :p_hi: each time they buy.

Are you using an abacus or something? Calculators are basically simplified computers.

So anyone with access to Google will be able to use the Para Market with your "restrictions."

I can't even...

#142 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:07 PM

=o

Problem is,how many newbies can do those instances consistently to get the OCAs.

This update is a blessing to match the MvPs that see the same death rate(The Tombs) those kRO servers are dealing with atm to be honest =o

#143 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:09 PM

=o
Problem is,how many newbies can do those instances consistently to get the OCAs.

This update is a blessing to match the MvPs that see the same death rate(The Tombs) those kRO servers are dealing with atm to be honest =o

Because players can totally outcamp a bot that's sitting near the NPC 24/7 waiting for the items to restock.

#144 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:19 PM

Just about anyone can do Hazy Forest and Old Glast Heim to obtain OCAs.

#145 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:25 PM

=o

If the newbie actually is resourceful they can make money easily.
They also need zeny to even buy from the Market in the first place and have to compete against others (including bots)
You really haven't made a good argument at all.

#146 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:35 PM

Because players can totally outcamp a bot that's sitting near the NPC 24/7 waiting for the items to restock.

Again,players shouldnt have to worry about bots if its clear as day who they are =o

Pretty sure you have seen their shops,so have I,like totally.

#147 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:38 PM

Again,players shouldnt have to worry about bots if its clear as day who they are =o

Pretty sure you have seen their shops,so have I,like totally.

It's near impossible to stop them though, it takes seconds to make a brand new one and start camping again. Not only that, but a GM isn't going to camp that map 24/7 to catch all the botters that enter. You can't win against bots in this case.

#148 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:40 PM

If the newbie actually is resourceful they can make money easily.
They also need zeny to even buy from the Market in the first place and have to compete against others (including bots)
You really haven't made a good argument at all.

Last I checked,I wasnt here for an "argument" so sorry to disappoint you. =o

Some players just wanna buy stuff for PVM things as well,they could care less about WoE or whatever it is you are talking about "competing?".Some of the items on here if they had their prices altered would go against bots =o

#149 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:46 PM

It's near impossible to stop them though, it takes seconds to make a brand new one and start camping again. Not only that, but a GM isn't going to camp that map 24/7 to catch all the botters that enter. You can't win against bots in this case.

Yeah I understand that =o But the thing is,its pretty easy to see who is a bot just by looking at the amounts of whatever they have in their store from what Ive seen throughout the years.And the GMs are in fact humans and sleep too.Botters cant make zeny if people arent supporting them right?

Of course you can talk cases and scenarios of someone being sneaky,but Iam fairly certain the GMs could add some leveling restrictions to prevent lower level characters from entering thus being a major problem via a flood gate =o

Edited by ZeoKenX, 20 April 2016 - 06:50 PM.

#150 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:26 PM

Last I checked,I wasnt here for an "argument" so sorry to disappoint you. =o

Some players just wanna buy stuff for PVM things as well,they could care less about WoE or whatever it is you are talking about "competing?".Some of the items on here if they had their prices altered would go against bots =o

I dont think he is talking about WOE tho :V just saying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users