Para Market Testing Station [Updated] - Page 7 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Para Market Testing Station [Updated]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
355 replies to this topic

#151 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:32 PM

This is a bad idea and should be skipped altogether.  You guys are really going to adjust the prices multiple times daily if the markets adjust?  On weekends?  Please just save yourselves the grief and time and just focus on customer service and just skip this.  Stuff from instances, OCAs, WoE investment NPC items should NOT be in this at all.  It is ridiculous to even state that you guys running the servers can maintain this when you can't even keep track of in-game advertisements that are over a month expired.

#152 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:40 PM

Remove all items from Para Market, disable vending in Eden, shove all sellers and buyers into Para Market map.

Problem solved!

love this idea. just make para market an empty map just to acomodate vending in eden. the seller itself is our players, just like a bazaar.

#153 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:45 PM

=o
Problem is,how many newbies can do those instances consistently to get the OCAs.
=o

paramarket wont benefit newbie at all, coz newbies will have no access to the items since the items will be outspeed by bots. this only will benefit bots. stop implementing smthing that feeds the bots

#154 Soulkyoko

Soulkyoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:00 PM

i'd like to ask what is the advantage and disadvantage of Para Market??

Advantage:Buying hard to get items

Disadvantage: A Bot will buy it faster than you. The moment it goes on sale:bought and resold later by a bot. :p_sad:

(Beside possibly messing up the economy, the bot thing is possible i think. Theyd be crazy not to try and exploit it <.< )

#155 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:03 PM

Last I checked,I wasnt here for an "argument" so sorry to disappoint you. =o

Some players just wanna buy stuff for PVM things as well,they could care less about WoE or whatever it is you are talking about "competing?".Some of the items on here if they had their prices altered would go against bots =o

You still are though, so stop posting if you're not here to contribute.
The competing is against another player at the Market. You have yet to make a valid point, only bad opinions.

If the items are too high, no one would ever buy them.

#156 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:28 PM

Perhaps skip this part of the update and open up a thread for players to discuss future possibly harmful updates from kro? so kro can have a heads up well in advance to disable it for iro with hopefully no conflicts.

#157 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:35 PM

Advantage:Buying hard to get items

Disadvantage: A Bot will buy it faster than you. The moment it goes on sale:bought and resold later by a bot. :p_sad:

(Beside possibly messing up the economy, the bot thing is possible i think. Theyd be crazy not to try and exploit it <.< )

The items isn't really that hard to get though... Looking at Ragial, there is currently 937 OCAs already on sale.  Everything else I agree with you.

Do we really need Para Market to make it worst and over supply the server with even more OCAs?

#158 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:22 PM

WP should know the top 50 heavy item bots love to farm on iRO...put it on para market and disable the item from monster drop table forever ><

This thing need to be customize accordance with iRO problem/whatever

#159 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:29 PM

You still are though, so stop posting if you're not here to contribute.
The competing is against another player at the Market. You have yet to make a valid point, only bad opinions.

If the items are too high, no one would ever buy them.

If the items are set too high then whats the problem still? Whats qualifies as validation to your standards outside of agreeing with you btw for your record? =o

Whats the prize for competing in the market? When are these events held?

Anyhow,the way I see this market is being used for is another way for players who cannot find MvPs ALIVE to get items.Of course with the current prices as they are now with kRO Para's they would need to be altered from that range to something "challenge-like"

Edited by ZeoKenX, 20 April 2016 - 10:40 PM.

#160 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:10 PM

If the items are set too high then whats the problem still? Whats qualifies as validation to your standards outside of agreeing with you btw for your record? =o

Anyhow,the way I see this market is being used for is another way for players who cannot find MvPs ALIVE to get items.Of course with the current prices as they are now with kRO Para's they would need to be altered from that range to something "challenge-like"

paramarket wont benefit newbie at all, coz newbies will have no access to the items since the items will be outspeed by bots. this only will benefit bots. stop implementing smthing that feeds the bots

Yeah,if the prices are set high enough,newbies wouldnt be able to get them nor would the botters wouldnt wanna touch the items.At the same time,that wouldnt effect those of the players that farm some of those items on Para.Iam tell you,all they have to do is up the prices in the Para Markets and they'll be ok.

But Newbies WOULD at least have something to look forward to with that kind of system is what Iam getting at.Kinda like what Eden does currently but only harder.

#161 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:16 PM

if para market sets the price high enough resembling the market, why dont you just buy from market directly? you help people gain their zeny instead of giving zeny to server.

so....
paramarket sells low : disable it, coz it harm economy.
paramarket sells similar to market: why dont you just buy from market? we have abundance stock of those items.
para market sells higher than market: nobody will buy. then the feature is a failure since it will be left abandoned

conclusion: para market is not needed

Edited by fuyukikun, 20 April 2016 - 11:33 PM.

#162 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:28 PM

For those saying MvPs are too hard to find alive:

1)MvPs spawn at a random spot in the map.Finding it depends only on luck and the person who hits it first will have his damage counted twice towards loot priority meaning even somebody with subpar equipment can get the loot provided he finds it first.Probably the only reason people think they can't compete is because they haven't even tried.

2)Many new MvPs are found in instances where there's no competition.These instances can be done with other players if you lack the equipment to solo them.

Para market really has no place in a server with enough players to keep it alive.

#163 rabidMAGE

rabidMAGE

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:48 PM

just remove the OCA from the list and i'm cool with that para market. One of the few reason why i log inthis game is WoE-Hunt OCA-pvp :shss:

#164 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:05 AM

if para market sets the price high enough resembling the market, why dont you just buy from market directly? you help people gain their zeny instead of giving zeny to server.

so....
paramarket sells low : disable it, coz it harm economy.
paramarket sells similar to market: why dont you just buy from market? we have abundance stock of those items.
para market sells higher than market: nobody will buy. then the feature is a failure since it will be left abandoned

conclusion: para market is not needed

Because,certain items can NOT be found due to 24/7 Genes/Suras via MvPs campers.Sure there are instances you can do to get OCAs,but what about things like Alca? =o

So,as a double edge sword,the Paramarket should be used as a challenge station for those that want the items,thats why they should be sold HIGHER than the market to prevent the bots from getting in on it + becoming too easy to get.

Conclusion:Looks like the GMs have other plans atm about your conclusion =o

#165 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:59 AM

For those saying MvPs are too hard to find alive:

1)MvPs spawn at a random spot in the map.Finding it depends only on luck and the person who hits it first will have his damage counted twice towards loot priority meaning even somebody with subpar equipment can get the loot provided he finds it first.Probably the only reason people think they can't compete is because they haven't even tried.

2)Many new MvPs are found in instances where there's no competition.These instances can be done with other players if you lack the equipment to solo them.

Para market really has no place in a server with enough players to keep it alive.

u right but it really emotional when u get ks with better gear gene or 1 shot sura. or someone who magically know where the mvps is everytime

#166 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:30 AM

People that think things through and educate themselves on a topic before posting nonsense.

#167 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:31 AM

I don't get why ask for an update to be completely removed, it's basically a big mall for convenience items. Most items in there are absolutely not going to damage the market, honestly A LOT of them are already botted (via investment machine or field bots), so I would rather buy from an npc than give my zeny to a bot. I'm being realistic here.

What needs to be gone: OCA, splendide/manuk/mora coins and sapha certs, coagulated spell and temporal crystal, boy's cap. Remove alca bringer from Eve Natalia's list.

#168 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:35 AM

I don't get why ask for an update to be completely removed, it's basically a big mall for convenience items. Most items in there are absolutely not going to damage the market, honestly A LOT of them are already botted (via investment machine or field bots), so I would rather buy from an npc than give my zeny to a bot. I'm being realistic here.

What needs to be gone: OCA, splendide/manuk/mora coins and sapha certs, coagulated spell and temporal crystal, boy's cap. Remove alca bringer from Eve Natalia's list.

Pretty much this 100%

The investment machine needs to be patrolled from time to time since a lot of people bot it.

#169 son12

son12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:47 AM

Well, we can remove some items (like OCA, coag) from the Para Market while actually implementing the map/npcs (the map is cute xD)

Make it a mall that sells every basic stuff, where you can buy necessary things without teleporting from town to town, like zerk pots, poison herb, mastela fruit, npc gears etc...

#170 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:51 AM

The bot problem is irrevelant to this case.  If you remove the incentive to bot strawberries, bots will move to some other consumable item.  Level restrictions won't help because time is not a problem for an automated program.

Paramarket MVP drops shouldn't be a problem.

Give other players an alternative in obtaining these items, instead of a single player manipulating, say, tiger footskins..  No one wants to compete against an MVP/god item geared genetic camping the same MVP for the past year like stink on doodoo.  One player wins, while the rest of the population is at the mercy of the person if they want these items.  However, what the paramarket lacks is a chance for the MVP card dropping. Both parties win. 

Other items I feel are too sensitive, and possibly can make instances obsolete.

So far I haven't read any legitimate concerns over MVP drops in the market, and I'd be willing to read some because I sometimes forget implications 

Edited by cory, 21 April 2016 - 02:59 AM.

#171 Name85738

Name85738

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:58 AM

I really thought this next client patch will give my CPU a rest by reducing multiple open client (merchant).  :p_err:

#172 scraps345

scraps345

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:iRO : Chaos

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:59 AM

Can Egg be added to the Paramarket, for people who use turkey hats :p_love:

#173 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:17 AM

lets face it. half the material thrown at iRO these days is probably a demand from higher ups. "do things that make that shi**y economy start booming again! do whatever you have to to get money from players!"

most of us can tell what implements will be healthy and which ones will not... and more often than not, we voice our opinions but GM dont listen anyway because they're too focused on money, or the whips are cracking on their backs with the demand to focus on more money.

#174 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:31 AM

Wow, really? This Para Market is totally going to break the server IMO. Mora coins to sell? OCA? I see so many reasons for this not to work...

First, it will take all the purpose of the quests away, since you can just buy coins. Why not put the items to drop in monsters instead?

Second, it will basically kill the playing purpose and turn ragnarok even more into a boring grinding process. You'll be able to just buy everything in the market. Really?

This is so private server stuff, where you have 10000x rates and 100% drop on everything... I see how the Para Market fits in those servers, but not in our server. Economy is such a sweet and clever thing... I find it so cool that you can negotiate items, bargain for them...

Well, what can I say? I just hope this turn out better than I expect...

1. If you're put the items drop in the monsters, the bots will just farm it for you instead of the Paramarket. Have you done any quest lately like the Dragonheim? Everybody was skipping over the entire mats farming parts. There were merchants vending ten of thousands of quest mats for profit but still pretty cheap, whether it was botted or not is another story. Everybody went straight to the boss hunt. 

2. You can almost pretty much already buying anything in the market today, cheap too, because the bots were farming them 24/7. 

3. I don't know what do you get 10000x rate from. Hundreds of bots were farming strawberry and we're still having a shortage almost every day. Paramarket could potentially fix supply issue and undercutting bots, while providing zeny sink which I don't think it's a bad thing at all. It also can put a price cap on particular items and artificially limit the item price from going above it. Everybody was complaining about how inflated the price was. 

#175 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:05 AM

Anyone against para market is a doomsayer. There is no past data set to point to to know how it will affect the server. This is wild speculation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users