Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement - Page 17 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#401 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:31 AM

pRO is an example of letting things slide.

At some point it went from a normal server to one that sold things they shouldn't have.

We don't want the same to happen to iRO. This is not a jab at pRO players, but merely a reference to something we want to avoid.

Oh yeah read again and tell me he is not hitting on those players,

"......the long run just like PRO. And the people who did play PRO and benefit from the kafra mvps and gods, they know this. Thats why they want the penetration set."

pRO is an example of absolute management power.

It's actually greediness of GMs that killed the game, you can even contact them in secret and pay them personally if you wanted an extra slot on your equipment.

Otherwise kRO would have died long ago if these items you call OP are the cause of the servers falling out. If you would want reference of a server regarding these new items, use kRO and not pRO

#402 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:37 AM

Different servers, different culture and player base.

Funny how facts are just being ignored because they just cant be responded to :v

#403 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:02 AM

Different servers, different culture and player base.
Funny how facts are just being ignored because they just cant be responded to :v

Pretty much. I say pro and all of a sudden logic is thrown out the window and and people get emotionally charged -.-

#404 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:31 AM

What I've learned from this thread...

Fun is an objective, quantifiable medium.

F =Qn(Qn-Qo) ($ -T)

F: fun

Qn: quality of new item

Qo: quality of most comparable old item

$: monetary cost

T: time

As we can now see, fun is increased exponentially with the increased quality of the item (power creep).

Fun is also increased by the amount of money spent in the cash shop (elite/veteran players do not have access to WPE).

Optimal time investment for obtaining a new item is zero (instant gratification).

Fun is invariably reduced to zero once real money cost of an item is reduced to zero.

Sustainability and longevity are not factors in the fun formula.

Edited by RichieDagger, 16 June 2016 - 04:32 AM.

#405 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:16 AM

I think this thread has gone on long enough. The arguments that are for and against the MVP style sets are all equally solid and equally convincing. I believe now is the time we obtain the verdict that the GM's, CM's and Warpportal in general.

If Cinnamod can see this message, know that I love you lots and that now is the time to bring in Campitor or Oda to let us know what the decision is. Regardless of the choice, I will continue to be playing this game, and continue to be this forums number one pervert for all intents and purposes. To those who will not be able to handle the verdict and choose to leave, it has been a great pleasure in playing the game with you, I sincerely hope in the future you can learn to be more compromising with the decisions put in front of you.

Well done everyone.

P.S. bosoms4lyfe

P.P.S. See you tonight in room 101 Four Seasons Hotel, Myzery

P.P.P.S. Please do join us Chakri

Edited by PervySageMarty, 16 June 2016 - 05:20 AM.

#406 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:59 AM

Oh yeah read again and tell me he is not hitting on those players,

I'm hitting on everyone who plays this game who wants a power creep mvp in kafra shop btw. And since you want to be like kro. Let's remove gtb from the game. Let's legalize rmt since kro does it. And also change the exp rate as well. Remove Gramps take away kafra lady card, remove iro and pro cute hats and custom settings and be just like kro ok. Since everyone here wants to be just like kro lol.

People tend to forget the mindset of kro players or Koreans for that matter have a different mind set on how they want to play the game, and you people just see it from the sidelines and go OMG MOMMY DADDY I WANT THAT TOO CAUSE WOW. Not knowing it can hurt or damage an already broken system. You humans don't see that and frankly I don't think you humans ever will.

So before you all say that I want to be like kro or jro, let it be known that I said I only want specific things from both servers so iro can be a good server. Somethings in jro wouldn't help iro server just as something in kro and this power creep mvp shadow set which has been a discussion since August 2014 should not come here.

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 16 June 2016 - 08:07 AM.

#407 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:09 AM

the game is already old. as time passes, modern games tend to increase as RO seems to be 2D as it is. we can expect that this game will -_- anytime soon unless everyone supports the game by purchasing KPs.

#408 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:11 AM

There is lots of things that can come in ro with kp's and people will buy. Mvp shadow sets and power creep explosions isn't the answer. Costumes, cute stuff is the answer. Lucky boxes, fire sales, more kafra related things from jro that is actually good and from kro that is not controversial is also good. There are things we can get for kafra that will help iro for kp -,-

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 16 June 2016 - 08:14 AM.

#409 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:23 AM

you don't see my point lmao. it's like you already died but you still didn't manage to do the things you wanted to do when you're still living.

#410 ForteGS

ForteGS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 641 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:32 AM

Oh god, i read so many post and at end they just want another pRO and similars... you guys really dont learn about their mistakes? oh well, i just hope if GMs will implement those stuff like penetration set or sealed MvPs they do just in thor Server, then just wait how many weeks the server become in a test server (because as i hear and watched population is already a ghost server lul)

#411 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

you don't see my point lmao. it's like you already died but you still didn't manage to do the things you wanted to do when you're still living.

Lol if your dead, then go to heaven. RIP

#412 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:37 AM

it's like you already died but you still didn't manage to do the things you wanted to do when you're still living.

No, when you die, you die.  I managed to do just fine for billions of years before I was born, so I'm quite sure I'll be OK billions of years in the future after I pass, *as well as everyone else in humanity's existence.

Edited by cory, 16 June 2016 - 08:37 AM.

#413 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

I'm okay with any shadow set put in.... Just so long as it doesn't grant effects similar to an MVP card (or god item, if there are god item equivalent sets on kRO).

In the past I vowed to myself that the day MVP cards go into the Kafra Shop is the day Gravity Interactive stops receiving money from me, because buyable MVPs is a sign of the beginning of the end. We know this from seeing how previous RO servers in other areas of the world ended. A last minute grab for cash prior to server death.

And I include Shadow sets in that because even if it's not an actual card, it's tantamount to being an MVP card by granting the same effects as one.

Players shouldn't be able to just buy MVPs with cash. This is my uncompromising stance.

#414 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:31 PM

This community gets more and more autistic every day...

#415 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:56 PM

I'm okay with any shadow set put in.... Just so long as it doesn't grant effects similar to an MVP card (or god item, if there are god item equivalent sets on kRO).

In the past I vowed to myself that the day MVP cards go into the Kafra Shop is the day Gravity Interactive stops receiving money from me, because buyable MVPs is a sign of the beginning of the end. We know this from seeing how previous RO servers in other areas of the world ended. A last minute grab for cash prior to server death.

And I include Shadow sets in that because even if it's not an actual card, it's tantamount to being an MVP card by granting the same effects as one.

Players shouldn't be able to just buy MVPs with cash. This is my uncompromising stance.

Errr. too late bro, you can already buy MVP cards with cash, just hit the facebook button. The difference is the players here are the ones earning, mostly the elitist and the veteran forumers rather than WP. Most of them are here acting ignorant stopping/blocking updates that may damage potentially their business. REAL TALK! hahahaha

#416 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:13 AM

Errr. too late bro, you can already buy MVP cards with cash, just hit the facebook button. The difference is the players here are the ones earning, mostly the elitist and the veteran forumers rather than WP. Most of them are here acting ignorant stopping/blocking updates that may damage potentially their business. REAL TALK! hahahaha

It's this kind of comment, specifically the bolded section which really irritates me. There are times where you can take someone seriously, then they botch it up so quickly with a sentence like this.

#417 EveGenesis

EveGenesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:33 AM

-sincerely, a person that don't own any mvp cards or any +10 and above gear that love mvping (because there is a purpose to it "for now")

Great i'm an etlist and a veteran forumer which has over 1000+ post now (not)

#418 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:41 AM

It's this kind of comment, specifically the bolded section which really irritates me. There are times where you can take someone seriously, then they botch it up so quickly with a sentence like this.

I am glad your irritated, it served its purpose, it's still though more true and better than your/their usual arguement that "only pRO players wants this items, bla bla bla, they want MVP in cash shop blablabla destroy the server" which is BTW irritating also.

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 17 June 2016 - 01:42 AM.

#419 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:48 AM

I am glad your irritated, it served its purpose, it's still though more true and better than your/their usual arguement that "only pRO players wants this items, bla bla bla, they want MVP in cash shop blablabla destroy the server" which is BTW irritating also.

I have never said pRO players wanted XYZ.

My only comments on pRO have been as follows...

A- I think creating a server of its own had more negative results than positives

B- I think pRO management started down a slope similar to what had been poking it's head around in our server.

I have noted certain pRO players have been trolls, but so have iRO players too :X

But if your purpose was to irritate me and nothing more, then fine. I suppose you don't want to have a proper discussion of opinions.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 17 June 2016 - 01:52 AM.

#420 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:54 AM

BTW there're a lot of interesting stuffs in the future. <3

Spoiler

#421 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:04 AM

@Nirvanna

It's not only for you though, many here have been so much biased on those topics

Too cute, i dont want that update, its OP and game breaking! LOL

#422 inspectortrix

inspectortrix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:13 AM

Spoiler

Yey lolis... no more huge coconuts?

Ok lets create a f2p server, since it's free, let's remove mvp card drops. Oh how can they get mvp cards? Let's put them in the kafra shop together with other cards. Let's cycle the cards every month or every maintenance. F2p server opening. Oh look, cards in the kafra shop, i've got money, gonna buy them all. And that is the sad story behind it. But still it continued for years, can't believe it.

#423 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:06 AM

REAL TALK! hahahaha

That's the real takeaway from your posts.

#424 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:46 AM

I'm glad I irritated you. So I'm guess we should let them shadow sets in thor server instead then right? Would that be better for you ;)

Btw pro people aren't that special that I'll think they they are the problem. Don't flatter yourself. It's everyone who plays iro that wants mvp sets in kafra who are the problem. Only reason I even said pro is cause of how ur server went down that's the o my point of interest worth brining up. No other actual reason.

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 17 June 2016 - 04:51 AM.

#425 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:03 AM

If you have anything more to add to the topic (Shadow Items thoughts) then please, the space is yours. Off topic, server call outs and unneeded aggression need to turn away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users