Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement - Page 6 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#126 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:45 AM

Fix the mado mechanic party bug.

kRO love to see mado overweight with pots and ren's slim ><

#127 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:49 AM

You make it seem as if just because it doesn't affect WoE, it's a legitimate reason to kill the server. If you knew anything about the current, and future of RO, the entire thing relies on people actually doing PVM.

kRO hasn't cared about WoE players in several years. The system has become nothing but a glorified scheduled PVP, with the attendance of only very small parties.

Edited by Toxn, 10 June 2016 - 10:51 AM.

#128 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationPoland / Morroc / Alde
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

xJBpdkt.jpg

having that on a picture,

why dont we change the race penetration of the shadow set to only normal monsters, and then everyone should be happy, or happier, at least.

OR

limit the penetration bonus only to a +7 upgrade?

EDIT: and let's be honest, MVP monsters in this game can hardly put up a decent fight anymore, outside of the bio MVPs maybe. I mean, soloing most of the bosses is not a biggie even without crazy ass gears, having said that, running thru endless tower becomes somewhat of a joke untill Valk's floor.

Edited by Pixelakaroxi, 10 June 2016 - 10:55 AM.

#129 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:52 AM

ICE PICK SHOULD BE REMOVED CUZ IT HAS THANATOS CARD EFFECT

This is why we shouldn't have these talks about shadow gear This Crap right there Look at this nonsense.5959710.jpg

#130 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:54 AM

xJBpdkt.jpg

having that on a picture,

why dont we change the race penetration of the shadow set to only normal monsters, and then everyone should be happy, or happier, at least.

OR

limit the penetration bonus only to a +7 upgrade?

Doesn't change a single thing on stance.

Edited by Toxn, 10 June 2016 - 10:54 AM.

#131 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:54 AM

Then to be effective and useful you'd need a bunch of those weapons highly upgraded, which renders it far less powerful than perceived, or doesnt it?

you only need +7 weapons, as the accessories are the same (assuming +9 both of them).

With iRO shadow refine event, for every like 10 gears you try to +7, only 1 or very unluckly 2 will break in the process. Past +7 its a guaranteed +9 as you just spam HD ores until u get it, and the chance is high. They weight 0 and all you need to do is to have the different races weapons at +7, switching whenever its needed, regular gear switch gear is already common in RO, this is just another one.

And the fact that this shadow set is stronger than an MVP card, and can rival the strongest card for physical attacks on the game(thanatos) makes this the most broken thing to be ever added to the cash shop, ever. If they dont want to put mvp cards, why something that is even stronger would be different.

#132 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

Someone doesnt get sarcasm lol

ICE PICK SHOULD BE REMOVED CUZ IT HAS THANATOS CARD EFFECT

This is why we shouldn't have these talks about shadow gear This Crap right there Look at this nonsense.5959710.jpg

#133 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

oh and talking about suggestions for future stuff

how about, bio4 mvp cards 

tumblr_l7kr81x3fz1qzpwi0o1_400.gif

#134 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:02 AM

Someone doesnt get sarcasm lol

Sarcasm doesnt mean i cant comment on it. lol 

What ever you post its liable to be responded to even sigs ^.^ 

Sarcasm or not i will comment haha

#135 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:04 AM

errr, they exist

#136 stefonich

stefonich

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

Hello Camp / Oda / other moderators, I have not posted much on the forums though I do tend to read the maintenance threads. These new sets of shadow gears has me a bit torn.

On one side I don’t really care if it is implemented or not, as it will likely not effect meas I will not have the game money to get the gears and I have not yet determined if the game will last long-term enough for me to sink money into it. Furthermore it is likely to make the “required” gears to do any kind of MvPing or even some PvMing less costly (assuming that the new set does not become the “required set”)

On the other side I am starkly opposed to it on principle. I enjoy the parts of the game which are grinding, I enjoy the difficult boss fights, and I enjoy the vast amount of viable options available for builds and items. These items effectively take away the need for grinding and encourage me to play the game less and pay more money as it is more efficient. They make the bosses considerably easier which would be nice, though there is no feeling of accomplishment if they are too easy. Furthermore needing a party to do bosses can be quite a bit more fun than always soloing them (which always seems to be everyone’s goal). Lastly this would effectively reduce the number of equipment options as there isa clear winner for the most effective (I will continue to be annoyed that certain classes seem to be only viable with certain builds / items / skill spamming / second job choice, or that some classes are completely worthless).

FINAL VOTE: DO NOT IMPLEMENT THEM and even better get rid of all shadow gears

Suggestions for things to add

1. Give more, harder instances, maybe something that spawns multiple difficult MvPs at once. (something like the hazy forest but every single gardener is MvP strength and the final island (with all of them on it) will have the loot drop(s))[make them really high level too so guilds have to get some serious groups together as that final island cannot be tanked by a single sura]
  2. Give some MvPs less hit points, but cap the maximum amount of damage a single attack can do to it (this may balance low ranked gear with god gear as the god gear will not do the tons of extra damage)
  3. Give thief class a way to “not use” 8 of its job levels such as with a dummy skill which does absolutely nothing so that someone who didn’t know not to level past 42 can do a double-dagger critical build without double attack getting in the way.

#137 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

errr, they exist

Really? Can you link em to me cause I just did another search in the DB and didn't see anything.

nyBQ2QF.jpg

#138 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:11 AM

that DB is not thoroughly updated.  

#139 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:12 AM

http://www.divine-pr...abase/map/1@lhz

#140 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:15 AM

cool! But that's kRO ain't it, maybe it's time to get em on iRO then.

#141 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:17 AM

we have them '-'

#142 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:23 AM

Make them all come out at 0.1% chance, +10 to gain effects. Never have a shadow event in game again. Then it's on par with buy a box with 3 BB from cash shop, get an MVP card. 

Edited by Havenn, 10 June 2016 - 11:25 AM.

#143 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:29 AM

Then to be effective and useful you'd need a bunch of those weapons highly upgraded, which renders it far less powerful than perceived, or doesnt it?

Not really, you only need penetration earring and pendant (the ones that always stay on the set) at +9 so 2 pieces wich add 18 total refine on both and the weapons only at +7, (i dont call those super high refine) to get the 25 refine to 100% bypass effect, wich are going to be the ones you switch.

#144 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

cool! But that's kRO ain't it, maybe it's time to get em on iRO then.

Check the db again.

#145 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:53 AM

the Golden wing costume with effects or no effects? I hope no effects and I agree with everything else than get more shadow sets. Lets retire Shadow sets for a few months and look for other things to get. I will keep saying balance patches and bug fixes first and foremost tho.

Actually, I don't spend a lot of time researching kRO content. I only know about the Flattering and Fictitious Robe because of Sigma, and the Sunflower boy because of a kRO Warlock's youtube chanel, which made me look. I don't know about the effect, I just want golden wings. :P Even no-effect ones would suffice for me.

With iRO shadow refine event, for every like 10 gears you try to +7, only 1 or very unluckly 2 will break in the process.

Speak for yourself!

#146 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:22 PM

last shadow event I broke 2 out of 25 pcs

#147 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

Make them all come out at 0.1% chance, +10 to gain effects. Never have a shadow event in game again. Then it's on par with buy a box with 3 BB from cash shop, get an MVP card. 

Still wouldn't justify it; even sealed MVP cards require a +15 item in general for a complete effect.

#148 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:48 PM

Still wouldn't justify it; even sealed MVP cards require a +15 item in general for a complete effect.

servers with sealed mvps have safe to +12s and higher and upgrades don't fall below +12. So it's just like having a +13 here.

#149 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:49 PM

Does JRO have this update of mvps in kafra?

#150 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:49 PM

servers with sealed mvps have safe to +12s and higher and upgrades don't fall below +12. So it's just like having a +13 here.

Eww

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users