RO1 In Game Rules and Guidelines - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

RO1 In Game Rules and Guidelines

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#76 WhiteWizard0

WhiteWizard0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

Tell me why you need a pneuma timer? any seasoned WoE acolyte player would hhave grasped how to time their pneumas and duration periods in their heads far back during their priest stage.
Your incompetance brings shame to me as an elite Bishop player on the server.

Your incompetence in understanding simple English statement surprise me to no end

#77 WhiteWizard0

WhiteWizard0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:14 PM

Debuffing players outside pvp maps can result in account suspension (PvE Maps). Debuffing players inside the pvp maps is encouraged.

It is my understanding that the server does not transmit a count down on the skill. This means that any timer a player creates is guessing time left based upon the standard duration of the skill.

The problem isn't the stun/sleep/status effect messages themselves its that they touch player sprites. Editing player sprites has historically lead to some very bad cheats which is why we will suspend for that.

As far as I know no renewal guild leader or "Elite" has visited the office in the last 4 years. Most of them live and work hundreds of miles away. If you live close you are more then welcome to visit during the next game night. But we don't create some special set of rules for users, the gms should be banning everyone equally and if they are not then we have a problem that we need to address.

Thanks for responding finally.

Kindly guide me how I can install the said legal edits. Because I don't wanna install anything that isn't legal.

#78 EveGenesis

EveGenesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:17 PM

Hmm makes me wonder also, I think it is allowed in WOE TE tho.

Why do you think it's legal in TE only, why not regular WoE as well?

#79 AAEM

AAEM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:52 AM

Why do you think it's legal in TE only, why not regular WoE as well?

I only do WOE TE, therefor I could only comment on what I saw on WOE TE. I never considered it legal, I meant, how it was legal? that you cannot hit the opponent while he/she doing recall. But since it was him/her who done it, so I guess it is legal. On the other hand, Campitor did not mentioned it was not legal as well, so I guess it is legal in TE and in regular then. 

#80 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:58 AM

You are forcing a flaw of the game to be completely invulnerable during the cast of one of the most important skills in WoE.

'-'

#81 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:51 PM

QUESTIONS

what are the rules regarding stalking and harassment at spawn points and false warping players / laying warps down to disconnect other players

is mp hack illegal? Ran into a few of those today and its not on the list

what business is it of anyones if my non-woe guilds have emblems that are more than 50%? Can I put it to less than 50% after WoE?

#82 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:48 PM

So, what about those who intentionally warp you somewhere to bug your character during woe? And that it needed a ticket and a GM to extract it from the map to be able to make the character usable again?

I'm pretty sure this is more gameplay disrupting than emblems and cloak shiz, don't you think?

And who do I contact should I want to report a particular player that did this? Ticket? Yes. Already sent. But how can I be so sure this matter won't go unnoticed?

#83 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 05:42 PM

So the rules do not cover zoom modifications -- this means they are illegal, correct? If so, would video proof of using such modifications be enforceable? 

This _does_ give an advantage to people, especially in WoE. 

#84 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:31 PM

So the rules do not cover zoom modifications -- this means they are illegal, correct? If so, would video proof of using such modifications be enforceable? 

This _does_ give an advantage to people, especially in WoE. 

• Removal of Camera Restrictions on Maps

= zoom hack

#85 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:32 PM

Any Client edit except those that do the following are prohibited.

• Removal of Camera Restrictions on Maps

Unless you mean more than just zoom editting, like extending the radius you can actually see things (which would be considered more than what was listed as legal anyways).

Because simple hex edits to remove the camera restriction don't really do anything of gain. The area outside your normal seeing range doesn't show you anything other than the map itself. Clicking outside your view range will just cause your character to stand still.

You gain nothing other than seeing a vast ocean of nothing but an empty map. On top of that, zooming out further makes the targeting system even worse.

#86 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:49 PM

I mean specifically extending the sight radius, not just 'zoom out with blank cells' that most widescreen resolutions have by default. 

#87 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:11 PM

Unless you mean more than just zoom editting, like extending the radius you can actually see things (which would be considered more than what was listed as legal anyways).

Because simple hex edits to remove the camera restriction don't really do anything of gain. The area outside your normal seeing range doesn't show you anything other than the map itself. Clicking outside your view range will just cause your character to stand still.

You gain nothing other than seeing a vast ocean of nothing but an empty map. On top of that, zooming out further makes the targeting system even worse.

You're not supposed to see the vast ocean of nothing, it ruins the magic! (By letting you see how lazy kRO was in designing the maps.)

#88 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:06 AM

if you mean extending the draw radius within which sprites appear, that's highly abusive.

#89 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:00 AM

Nothing about the bug that lets you disconnect your entire guild, regardless of where they are? Game on!

#90 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:11 AM

I hope GMs someday become to this:

Spoiler

#91 soulsist

soulsist

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:07 PM

What about guilds that have Identical name and emblem, separated only by a "space" and a "pixel".. If this is legal, people can modify only a pixel of guild emblems to copy other guilds emblems, and it's technically legal..

#92 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:19 PM

What part of impersonation is legal?

#93 djcflores

djcflores

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:08 PM

• Use of Keyboard/AHK Macros that Do Not Automate Play

can someone clarify this? if I have a gaming keyboard with macro keys they don't allow it?

ex:

1. in RO set Mastela Potion in the "Q" button
  2. in Gaming Keyboard set Macro key 1 to press "Q" twice.

Is this allowed?

#94 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:47 PM

can someone clarify this? if I have a gaming keyboard with macro keys they don't allow it?

ex:

1. in RO set Mastela Potion in the "Q" button
  2. in Gaming Keyboard set Macro key 1 to press "Q" twice.

Is this allowed?

That is allowed.

He's talking about stuff that either reacts for you to a stimuli such as a colour change, or something that allows you to go afk

#95 djcflores

djcflores

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 12 October 2016 - 03:42 AM

the stun/freeze grf effects are legal since they are purely a cosmetic choice

you can just do what most good priests/champs would do in classic/other renewal servers and spam pneuma in the downtime of debuff clearers

wait so that means the status design in this video is allowed? :o

Untitled.png

That is allowed.

He's talking about stuff that either reacts for you to a stimuli such as a colour change, or something that allows you to go afk

Thanks Xellie.

Edited by djcflores, 12 October 2016 - 04:21 AM.
Don't link to illegal servers videos. If you must please screenshot the thing you are inquiring about.

#96 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:17 AM

overlay that does not directly touch the character sprite from what i recall so yes

#97 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:35 AM

What about guilds that have Identical name and emblem, separated only by a "space" and a "pixel".. If this is legal, people can modify only a pixel of guild emblems to copy other guilds emblems, and it's technically legal..

Malicious Impersonation will result in account suspension. Be it of guilds, players, or staff.

#98 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:36 AM

Nothing about the bug that lets you disconnect your entire guild, regardless of where they are? Game on!

So, what about those who intentionally warp you somewhere to bug your character during woe? And that it needed a ticket and a GM to extract it from the map to be able to make the character usable again?

I'm pretty sure this is more gameplay disrupting than emblems and cloak shiz, don't you think?

And who do I contact should I want to report a particular player that did this? Ticket? Yes. Already sent. But how can I be so sure this matter won't go unnoticed?

Exploiting bugs or mechanics to disconnect other users is disallowed.

I mean specifically extending the sight radius, not just 'zoom out with blank cells' that most widescreen resolutions have by default. 

Editing the sight radius is disallowed.

#99 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:48 AM

@Zleep and djcflores: I don't think having edited status effects to show more clearer is allowed (unfortunately) :/

#100 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:41 PM

Removal of Camera Restrictions on Maps DO NOT EDIT SIGHT RADIUS

Does that mean extended zoom = illegal

or does it mean increase in zoom is legal, unless it increases render range of players/ npc's?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users