Crimson Rod set vs Lacryma Stick set - Page 4 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Crimson Rod set vs Lacryma Stick set

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#76 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

I bought a Big Ben card already, its in my +15 Crimson Rod. Got it when the seller suddenly decided to drop the price by 50% due to loss of patience waiting for buyers, it was a good deal. Want a Nightmare Mimic Card too, but for some reason the price has risen to the range of 100-120m, which is ridiculous considering before this March it was at around 20-30m, someone even sold for 5m. Does anyone know why the price for this card increase by almost 5 times in such a short period of time? Anyway I am not overpaying for Nightmare Mimic Card right now, even though 100m isnt very expensive for me.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 21 March 2017 - 05:47 PM.

#77 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

doram

#78 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

it is just the people finally realize he value of mdef bypassing which is totally gamechanger.
previously people are not aware, but due to recent posting of pics and vids of the card performance, then people realize that those are a must have cards.
tadaaa...demand increased while the supply is not plenty.

#79 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

Yeah thats true, there must be a reason behind this sudden increase. Very likely that Doram's appearance was the reason, but of course those pics/vids will make some people realize the value of MDEF piercing as well. Anyway I will not overpay this card when the demand is so high, will wait till supply catches up or demand decreases. I am not that desperate for Nightmare Mimic Card after all. What I really need is a +12 Ordinary Black Magician Hat. I would even overpay for that, but there aint anyone selling. Sigh...

#80 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

Go farm it. NM cards is by far the easiest to farm of them all.

Also, OBMH's MDEF Bypass became useless with Pororoca/La'cryma combo. XD It's still the best hat if you're not on an intensive use of Soul Expansion or Chain Lightning, if this is the case, even a skull cap is better. XD

My theory for the increase is that, besides magical Doram, many people that didn't play warlock because "it's the weakest class on renewal" saw the huge performance boost with these gears and decided to play them now. Also, all NP/NCT farmers were on vacation because the price of these cards was way too low for their value. 100M for a NM card is quite fair for the effect alone. It was cheaper because when you're regularly farming on NP2, you'll get 3 of these cards for every other card.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 21 March 2017 - 08:30 PM.

#81 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:32 AM

I see. I think OBMH can still help if you are fighting normal monsters that you cannot bypass MDEF using cards(or if you dont have the cards), but yeah its definitely not as useful as before since it wont work against boss/MVPs. It does at least increase the damage of Warlock's elemental spells(Crimson Rock, Chain Lightning, Earth Strain and Jack Frost) though. Since I use Crimson Rock more often than Chain Lightning, I think I will go with OBMH still.

Regarding La'cryma Set, I was wondering about one thing. Before it was introduced, Warlocks do not have very strong water spells. Jack Frost's damage is too low and its used mostly as a spell to freeze enemies, Storm Gust is a nice AOE spell but it definitely aint in the same league as Crimson Rock/Chain Lightning/Earth Strain. With the addition of La'cryma set, it seems that Water Ball has emerged as a powerful water element spell to use even for warlocks. I recently saw someone killing Cornus with Water Ball, I guess he has La'cryma set that boosts the damage of this spell. I couldnt kill Cornus even with three Crimson Rocks right now(its Holy 3 and elemental spells only do 1/4 damage), so I was amazed at the potential of Water Ball. I've followed this build from iroWiki for my 1st/2nd class skill points, and it currently doesnt have any points spent for Water Ball.

http://irowiki.org/~...cBeBekgKcA97db1

The problem is, I dont want to use 3rd class skill points for Water Ball, Warlock's skill points are precious and shouldnt be spent for 1st/2nd class skills. So I will have to take away 5 skill points from 1st/2nd class skills if I want to learn Water Ball. Frost Nova is not an option, since MDEF bypass relies on its level. What I can do is to take away skill points spent for Fire Wall, Safety Wall or Storm Gust. How would you redo the skill build with Water Ball in this case? I am leaning towards lowering the level for Storm Gust for now, since I havent found it useful ever since becoming a Warlock. What do you think?

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 22 March 2017 - 11:35 AM.

#82 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:51 AM

Man up and say goodbye to Storm Gust. All of us had to deal with it somehow. Also, why Gravitation Field? Anyways, Waterball is now filling the spot of the powerful 3rd class water elemental spell that we all wanted, but didn't have. It's way better even than Water Tetra Vortex.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 22 March 2017 - 11:53 AM.

#83 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:11 PM

I see. Honestly I didnt understand why that skill build had Storm Gust lv.10 since its quite weak compared to Warlock Spells, so yeah reducing it back to lv.1 wont cause much headache for me at all. I dont think the Skill Build adds any points for Gravitation Field, or am I missing something here?

#84 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

Well, when I opened your URL, Gravitation Field was there... XD

#85 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:08 AM

I thought it was confirmed that the OBMH mdef bypass is universal and works on both normal and boss protocol mobs. Correct me if im an idiot.

I have JT lvl 10, good for all those "takes only 1 damage" monsters or thingyd in instances.people say i shouldnt have maxed it but i think its doing what i need it to.

#86 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

It works on everything

As for the 1 dmg monsters, you can use hell inferno to proc burning, a single tick of it instantly kills them.

#87 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

drain life doesn't?

#88 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

It works on everything

As for the 1 dmg monsters, you can use hell inferno to proc burning, a single tick of it instantly kills them.

Hell inferno burn trick doesnt work in all monsters, ie, the tree from bangungnot, i never tried it on antonio, but i tempted to think that it doesnt work aswell, work on drums from bakonawa tho.

#89 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

I thought it was confirmed that the OBMH mdef bypass is universal and works on both normal and boss protocol mobs. Correct me if im an idiot.

I have JT lvl 10, good for all those "takes only 1 damage" monsters or thingyd in instances.people say i shouldnt have maxed it but i think its doing what i need it to.

I have it maxed aswell lol, and for the stuff cant be kill'd by burning proc, works pretty well.

#90 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:05 AM

Because those are boss protocol, and thus immune to all ailments :v at these i rather use LoV or something

#91 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

I have it maxed aswell lol, and for the stuff cant be kill'd by burning proc, works pretty well.

Level 5 also works. Temp Dex + zero delay = win. Or...

at these i rather use LoV or something

...deal 40 hits with LoV. :v

I have to assume that I'm afraid to test Hell Inferno on Antonio. It's already hell to just get there on a Warlock, then, when there's only the easiest part to finish, imagine if something goes wrong? XD I can do NTF twice a day only (probably my RK can do it too, also Ranger but meh...).

Edited by Kusanagisama, 23 March 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#92 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

Level 5 also works. Temp Dex + zero delay = win. Or...

...deal 40 hits with LoV. :v

I have to assume that I'm afraid to test Hell Inferno on Antonio. It's already hell to just get there on a Warlock, then, when there's only the easiest part to finish, imagine if something goes wrong? XD I can do NTF twice a day only (probably my RK can do it too, also Ranger but meh...).

i know but lvl 5 does 7 hits, lvl 10 deal 12 so is almost twice less hits to kill those things, tbh, i found that useful to kill bangungont tree wich has a lot of hp and you have just some seconds to actually deal with it, for antonio i dont really bother that much, that thing dies really easy, only problem is when he is on the top right part where most of the bunnies always are lol, so considering i do bangungnot some times i get it mostly because of it.

#93 Raizel00

Raizel00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

I know this is bad spot to put it but...how much would a +15 Echo of Tomb Raider Lacryma sell for? Figured warlock players would know the value...

#94 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

Most, maybe all Warlocks here made theirs, so, probably no. XD

It should cost more than 1 b, though, since the basic item costs more than 1M, and it was even more expensive during the refine event. Also, Big Ben Card is priced at ~200M, and N.Mimic a ~100M at the moment.

EDIT: According to this calculator, the current cost to make one is ~11 b. But since if there's one to sell now, it should've cost ~1b to make one during the last event, and if you add the cards, it would sum to 1.3 b. Maybe you can find one for this price. I wouldn't sell one for less than 1.5 b clean (if I had one XD).

Edited by Kusanagisama, 23 March 2017 - 12:00 PM.

#95 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

Somewhere around 2b

#96 Raizel00

Raizel00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

thx

#97 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

There's very little incentive for going +15, though. Just a bit of MATK, and some additional damage on Water Ball and even less damage on other water spells.

#98 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

The high upgrade benefit is mostly exclusive to waterball, if ut had other more valuable bonuses it could range into the 3b area.
2b is basically for being +15, wich isnt really something easy to getm

#99 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

Bought a +14 La'Cryma stick for 500m, guess I got a good deal(the seller was charging 800m until losing patience and suddenly dropped the price to 500m). I guess its not very useful until I have Pororoca Shoes, I am waiting for a +9 Pororoca Shoes right now.

#100 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

You only need it at +7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users