how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ? - Page 3 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ?

• Please log in to reply
1914 replies to this topic

#51 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

to some extent, every class can.

#52 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

Some WL from euRO getting up to Ifrit:

Things to note:

- this is not me :v

- That guy is filthy rich (but not the most knowledgeable as you can see in the end) :v

- Green Ale/Beer always has it's full effect on euRO

- euRO has some gears iRO does not have (ex.: Horn of Ancient, Cauda Daemonica)

tl;dr:

I'd choose another class for it

Edited by kubikyuu, 12 April 2017 - 08:49 AM.

#53 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:53 AM

Wizzzard... they don't have Pororoca there, else, I guess he'd be able to get up to Randgris' floor. XD

Actually, that video was published soon after level 175 was implemented in euRO, so, they're far behind us in many things.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 12 April 2017 - 08:54 AM.

#54 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:07 AM

Well in exchange they have spammable full heal...

As for the Horn of Ancient + Cauda Daemonica:

Horn of Ancient [1]

Two horns which seem to be very old, still very powerful.
Increases damage against Boss type monsters of 10%.
Increases defense against Boss type monsters of 10%.
If upgraded to +7 or more: Can give you 100 ATK for 10 seconds if you inflict melee damage.
If upgraded to +9 or more: Additional 10% of attack and defense agains Boss type monsters.

Cauda Daemonica[1]

A cute tail that makes you look like a demon.
Be careful of demons who lost their tails...
they might haunt you in order to get yours! When equipped with Horn_Of_Ancient, decrease damage 10% when being attacked by boss monsters.
When equipped with Horn_Of_Succubus, LUK +2.
When attacking physically, transform into "Succubus" for 5 sec by a certain chance.
While being a Succubus, SP 5 recovery per every hit when attacking enemies

Definetly makes tanking bosses easier.

#55 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:28 AM

Yeah... not much relevant for warlocks, because we mostly die to them one-shot with an overkill margin, but still helps. XD I think our MDEF Bypass combos help much more. I was dealing 600K+ Water Balls on Kiel yeserday (~25K per hit). XD

#56 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:48 AM

Wls can sólo till randgris (like if you are really patient and have tokens for ifrit hahahahaha), beside that, good luck with that 400+ mdef and your only good spell being hell inferno on her is ugh...Same applies to sorc, but i personally Ive been up till fbh with him only and was when 175 just came up to iRO, so i dont have half The things i have now and was kind of a slow climb lel, sorcs has insignias so tanking is a little bit easier.

#57 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

umm it seems that this guy prioritized survivability over DPS(lots of damage reduction gears), is this how you are supposed to do ET?

#58 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

Going to ET or Central Lab as a Warlock:

Expectation:

Spoiler

Reality:

Spoiler

#59 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

umm it seems that this guy prioritized survivability over DPS(lots of damage reduction gears), is this how you are supposed to do ET?

You can do DMG to an extent because some monsters have really high MDEF, now with pororoca the standard (kind of) for WLs is wearing a shield with either pyramyd or NCT cards, when is possible, if not, you can go full dmg and stuff...but remember that most of the time your HP pool is very low, and if you are not able to finish something with lets say 3 4 hits on full dmg, the mvp will be hitting you aswell and mvps hit hard. The scree that Kusa post is something you can look for, you need to get survivality, but you need to get DPS, so you need to balance both, is my personal opinion.

#60 WhiteHerb

WhiteHerb

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:36 AM

=S they should buff mage classsss...

anyhow, i am still lvling my sage hehhhehhe

btw, has anyone tried to solo old glastheim hard mode ? i know warlocks can solo it 

#61 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

I think they should nerf other classes. XD

#62 WhiteHerb

WhiteHerb

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

lol let everyone get nerfed ! ( i think there was opera meme  that i can use for this situation..)

anyhow, does siroma / imp card help a lot when lvling?

I am looking for those cards (two of ea) but noone is selling theM !!

#63 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 539 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

btw, can either warlock or sorc do solo ET ?

Lol i dont think new warlocks can handle battling mvps every 5 floors. Warlocks have tbe lowest base hp of any 3rd class which mvps can easily eat through if not one shot.

There are few warlocks that were made to battle mvps but they just simply cannot perform as good as other classes with the same investment.

Though admittedly, if youre stacked with specific gears, its possible one shot a couple of low tier mvps. My warlock with his woe set (no fbh card) can one shot orc hero with Tetra Vortex, dealing more than 90k damage per hit.

Edited by mlmf, 14 April 2017 - 06:51 PM.

#64 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:54 PM

It's posible to do way more than that, i think one shotting Orc Lord is posible as well

Edited by Gabrielr04, 14 April 2017 - 06:54 PM.

#65 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:27 AM

I dont understand The idea that you have to one shot something to being able to kill it, i dont build my wl to kill mvps and i can kill various mvps just fine, i cant kill valk because reasons, and ifrit alone is just a pain in the ass, but wls are not limited to tetra vortex, i dont even get why people still think tetra vortex is The -_- while is outdamaged by various skills SE, WB, CL, wich are bassically your big guns, tetra vortex is just for low tier mvps because of The time setuping. Also wls have a low HP pool but they have high defensive capabilities wich paired with decent gear make wonders, Celine Kimi is a good example, most if not all 175 wls will tell you that they can handle that mvp even if she hit over 8k per hit on fury. Truth is, on wl you need good gear like any other class, wl cant hit as hard as top tier classes indeed, wls can clear a good number of instances and so far they are still one of The best dps against ghost monsters, thanatos, bee, gloomy, Celine Kimi, naght sieger? Those are not low tier mvps :v, wls can clear 80% of ET when decent geared (mostly talking about mdef sets, well refined gear and basic survival stuff) at least

#66 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:56 AM

In my case i personally used to like Tetra Vortex cause it looked op and all haha, but i don't share neither the thought of "If you can't one shot it you can't defeat it" cause well... most of the MVPs and monsters the WL's shine fighting to are high tier (Beel, Kimi, Naght) as Sewa said '-'

#67 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

I think they should nerf other classes. XD

Well a lot of people wanted to nerf Ranger's Arrow Storm which is highly overpowered, it never happened but instead they decided to nerf Warlock's Freezing Misty, making it near useless.

#68 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:21 AM

With nowadays waterball, you can one-shot a lot of MVPs. :P For example, I've one-shot GTB, Eddga, Moonie, Orc Hero, Doppelganger (which is shadow!) and Boitata just recently in Central Lab. Couldn't one-shot Bapho, though, and I HATE that mofo... Not that it's really needed, as sewasan said. We have enough tools to kite decently, and most MVPs are defeated by kiting, and it's not limited to WLs. Rangers, Genetics and RKs have to do this as well. Using an Authoritative Badge (or agi up scroll, or speed pots, if you're rich) and Quagmire works wonders for kiting most MVPs. Tetra vortex is good for hit and run tactics, esp if you can freely fwing in the map. If you have to do this, Tetra is probably your best spell. Other than that, it's basically good for PVP/WoE.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 15 April 2017 - 08:23 AM.

#69 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

Yeah, the presence of Water Ball makes Warlock stronger than before, especially with overupgraded La'Cryma Stick(Mine is at +14, I bet yours is even higher). I can OHKO Cornus(Holy 3) easily nowadays, before I could only do this in dreams. Havent tried that on MVPs though, but I will do it against GTB soon and see how much it can do.

#70 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:02 AM

I haven't tried waterballing the mvps yet, my La'Cryma is only +12 :c

#71 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

My lacryma is +12 aswell, you can do it just fine

#72 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:12 PM

Nice, only missing the NCT/NP staff cards then. Sadly i've taken a little break from game so won't get those for some time xD

#73 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:09 AM

My 4 La'crymas are +13. I opted to this instead of a single +15. Works wonders. A +10 is all you need, after that it's only the cherry of the cake.

#74 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:22 PM

Isn't it like 20% per upgrade? That's a pretty op boost haha

Edited by Gabrielr04, 16 April 2017 - 07:50 PM.

#75 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

20% in relation to base values. More like 3~4% per upgrade. Still good, though...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users