Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Page 25 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#601 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:28 PM

Mr Camp, I don't feel so good...  :p_sick:

#602 Road

Road

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:07 PM

how do the uncertain people know if their account is flagged european? are they suppose to send in a ticket?

example: game accounts made in 2003 in europe.

but registered  in 2010 to warpportal in USA/Asia. 

which is the one that matters? 

Edited by Road, 18 May 2018 - 02:15 PM.

#603 IVBela

IVBela

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:21 PM

In all seriousness though, it's weird you don't see the territory message when clicking Power Up despite the refund thing. I'd say it could be because it's tied to IP rather than account as what Xellie experienced but then someone on Discord with a US IP said they see the message about territories since they originally registered the account in Europe back in 2003. So I hope you get an answer soon from support, seems like the only way to know for sure.

Meanwhile I'm living in the UK and been registered from here since 2003 (played since 2002, but 2003 was when the game originally went pay to play), see the message about territories, but don't have a refund yet, go figure. :dunno:

That was me. It's definitely not IP, as I'm connecting from the US. Playing this game since the beta, even though not too active. I like to play slow, and enjoy it. Now that I finally have the stats and equips I wanted to have to continue on my journey, I'm kicked out of my favorite game. Such a shame. I knew it's gonna end someday, but not like this. The level of unprofessionalism is so high I have no words.

Now I'm clueless about what to do. Create a new account and move all my tons of junk from my storage one by one, then start the whole leveling from the beginning? Or just accept that Gravity killed my favorite game, and let my zillions-worth items rot in my never-to-be-accessed storage forever? No idea what to do.

To be honest I was waiting for an answer about what happens with our data, if there is a chance this will ever be reverted (even though the damage is done), but got zero actual answers to the real questions. As far as I know - might not be correct - according to GDPR all data has to be deleted, including backups, if there's no consent by the owner of said data to be handled by the company. That would mean there'll never be a way to get back anything left on our current characters. Again, one week left, but we got no information regarding to this matter.

Those are the words coming to the mind of a player being here since the very beginning. I still have to think about what next. At least after making this very bad decision, they could have handled it much more professionally. Whatever, we're talking about Gravity...

#604 Hoshi

Hoshi

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe Bannedlands

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:46 PM

If you mean server, I agree.

If you mean game, there are a lot of other and better options out there than this mismanaged piece of crap :v

I mean both, depend on the user.

I didn't find a better game in 14 years, so I assume that there are other players that could think in the same way.

For the server, well, I quit for some issues with some players, so I can't think iRO as a good server, but for other players could be the best server.

#605 carlodeth

carlodeth

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:59 PM

so sad. savage level 9999. you broke their hearts. bad.

#606 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:16 PM

What if I've logged into a friend's account, but he lives in the US? He wouldn't be accidentally disabled, would he?

• If his account is made in the US, it will not be affected.

Ok cool.

NA players can make dummy accounts for EU players. Since the EU player isn't actually entering any personal information, GDPR shouldn't matter.

#607 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:54 PM

Ok cool.

NA players can make dummy accounts for EU players. Since the EU player isn't actually entering any personal information, GDPR shouldn't matter.

yeah, on a very serious note though then i suggest nobody lets items dear to them die on their accounts. have a trusted friend in the US make an account for you. first point was clear tho that there is an indefinite answer if they would do so about reopening to eu

i'm not saying yall come back but, i too also have sentimental valued items i don't wanna see just fade away. i suppose this is the same with some, even with all the hate. and i would suggest wp be okay with this because info wise it'll be transferred anyway so ownership of the item is now different based on who accesses it (which is both us user and ip banned eu, nonetheless used by us user). kinda like buying a title of land for your child cause one does not wanna be caught up in conjugal properties with a separated spouse

#608 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:00 PM

tfw the Q&A doesn't answer anything and just enrages the community more.

#609 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

If you say that the entire continent will be banned because of the change of service policy.
IMO That means players from countries that have RO publisher already will have a chance to be kicked off from IRO too if WP randomly change service policy again. '_'

#610 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

hmm...

Edited by PIayboy, 18 May 2018 - 05:10 PM.

#611 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

tfw the Q&A doesn't answer anything and just enrages the community more.

All I got from it was that if you created your account in Europe, you're screwed. If you created your account outside of Europe. you're good.

#612 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

It's been years for my account. How am I suppose to know where it was created?

#613 Hoshi

Hoshi

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe Bannedlands

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:09 PM

I assume that when they talk about accounts they mean "WP accounts" and not original accounts.

For example, I have 3 WP accounts created in EU, with on first 6 RO accounts(3 created during the merges) and on the other two 3 RO accounts each, all these accounts were created in different countries cause my work, so In the case of the first WP account, I have an account created in Japan, one in Italy and another in The Netherlands, in this case they can't block only the EU accounts and left free that JP, cos all this accounts are on a WP account created in The Netherlands.

So in short the account affected are those of WP an not those original created before of July 2010.

#614 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:13 AM

6 days to go!

I like how they just pick n mixed the questions they have answers on..

How about those questions regarding gravity hq wanting to region lock servers? Can our accounts be transferered to the appropriate legal official server?

#615 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:49 AM

If you say that the entire continent will be banned because of the change of service policy.
IMO That means players from countries that have RO publisher already will have a chance to be kicked off from IRO too if WP randomly change service policy again. '_'

Nah, they have MUs.

If that would really happen. It would be a game of who dies first- regional server or iRO.

I do think that it will only occur if for example in my case ROPH decides a Renewal server then...

...it's a bye-bye. Until then, I can safely say that there is no plan yet.

I could also infer that that is the reason for separating renewal servers in iRO. Chaos will be robbed of everything. Good luck.

#616 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:17 AM

Saw this posted by a VMod for another game section (because there are some Gravity HQ replies that differ based on what each game players asked, e.g. RO1 doesn't have the bit about guilds and friend lists).

You might have understood that wrong. I would NOT give away all my stuff to be honest.

The quote you made is just stating that personal data will be deleted. Game data is something different. The data of a specific game account/character does not contain any personal information at the moment they are no longer linked to a account informations which contain personal data (and these personal data are deleted if an account is created in europe).

Instead of a panic reaction you might read further

"Will all EU character be auto removed from guild and friends list 

•   All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be inaccessible. This will not affect your lists.

What will happen if a guild is totally EU based, will it be disbanned?
  •   There are no plans to remove guilds"

How do you think friend/block lists can be kept and guilds stay if the game/character data would be deleted?

It is - and that has never been stated differently elsewhere - an IP block for the european players, a block of the game accounts of european players and the deletion of the personal data. That personal data are deleted is nothing new and was expectable. If you now give away any of the stuff you own you won't get it back in case of something like this happens

"If there is a change in our policy and terms of use we will inform players through our usual channels."

:huh:

Edited by soudou, 19 May 2018 - 03:23 AM.

#617 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:10 AM

Brazilians... Brace ourselves...

#618 TrevMUN

TrevMUN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:RagnarokWisdom
  • Server:Chaos, Loki

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:54 AM

Has anyone noticed that VMod Peppermint is also getting hit by the EU ban?

I personally think this is more evidence that the decision to forcibly segregate European players from the rest of iRO (and for euRO to do the same to all non-Europeans) was not a decision made by Warp Portal's staff. This order probably came down to them via the studio, especially when you consider Ragnarok Europe is implementing an inversion of the same policy.

Which brings me to something else.

I think most of the people here have been raging at entirely the wrong people. Warp Portal's coyness is infuriating, I get it, but if seeing this sort of thing happen with Sonic Team and Sega of America (and later, NCSoft and Destination Games and Paragon Studios) is any indication, finding out who to contact at the studio and politely dispute the EU ban would have a better chance of success.

Then again, if the studio is willing to make Warp Portal ban its own staff then they probably view our thoughts and feelings on the matter as inconsequential.

Edited by TrevMUN, 19 May 2018 - 05:55 AM.

#619 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:54 AM

I personally think this is more evidence that the decision to forcibly segregate European players from the rest of iRO (and for euRO to do the same to all non-Europeans) was not a decision made by Warp Portal's staff. This order probably came down to them via the studio, especially when you consider Ragnarok Europe is implementing an inversion of the same policy.

I think most of the people here have been raging at entirely the wrong people. Warp Portal's coyness is infuriating, I get it, but if seeing this sort of thing happen with Sonic Team and Sega of America (and later, NCSoft and Destination Games and Paragon Studios) is any indication, finding out who to contact at the studio and politely dispute the EU ban would have a better chance of success.

Then again, if the studio is willing to make Warp Portal ban its own staff then they probably view our thoughts and feelings on the matter as inconsequential.

The 'V' in VMod should tell you that they are not WP employees. All WP employees work in their California office.

#620 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:04 AM

Are there seriously still people who think this is WP's doing rather than Gravity's?

When has WP ever had the authority to do ANYTHING like this without the studio being behind it, lmao?

#621 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:21 AM

honestly the problem in my view is how uncertain this can be. i hate uncertainty. so to just be on the safe side, since i dont think even vpn can bypass an account ban, i would opt people to resort to proper placement of items

although that statement from the other forum states is true :o in the end, via game policies, in game we do not really own anything. stuff inside the game is for our entertainment, nothing that is actually ours to begin with, that's why the management can just ban you without proper refunds of the allotted investments you put in either way. so i wouldn't be surprised if there is a difference between personal and game data. the refund people are to enjoy before this ban though serves more like a compensation. most of which states that eu players that obtained items from the months ocp did not get to enjoy the items

to sum it up, i really just highly suggest people to safe keep their items. follow or don't follow, it's a thought

#622 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:28 AM

You're forgetting that WP has lawyers that sometimes tell them things like this, and that they're just people managing the game.

------------------------------
Here's the current scenario:

Lawyer: Hey did you remember to adhere to the GDPR? It's coming in effect in a month. If you don't we might get sued hard.

WP: oh, uh no. What do we do?

Lawyer: Damn, only reasonable thing to do is to cut off access from the EU, we don't have time or resources for anything else atm

------------------------------

If you think WP didn't immediately have a meeting discussing things and dealing with some hard news they had to relay to the community you're pretty dim lit.
This isn't so much WP "using their authority" more so a "they have to so they stay in business and keep their jobs".

Imagine being on the team and casually going by your day when you get an emergency conference call with your higher ups and end up having to play Thanos with your own community because nothing was done towards complying with an EU law you didn't think would affect much goes into effect shortly.

That has to suck. And while WP isn't the perfect managers like let's say Blizzard and their WoW staff, they're still people. I find it hard to imagine that they're sitting there twiddling their thumbs at how they don't have to care about the french anymore.

#623 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

Yeah it's pretty obvious considering we had to wait 22 days to get an "official" response to concerns after the announcement by WP, because each question had to be sent over to Gravity HQ. And like bug fixes, their attention seems to be elsewhere so it falls low on their priority list and takes a long time for them to even process it.

Trouble is all our complaints have to be forwarded through WP to reach the office of Gravity, Also we were discussing earlier why there's been no in-game announcements or letters sent out about the block, even though WP has the tools to do so, and we figured it's probably due to the puppet master (Gravity).

Also Ragnarok Europe specifically say that "a territory restriction has been requested by Gravity." However the fact Ragnarok Europe is doing an inversion just makes me wonder if Gravity doesn't feel the population on these servers is worth the effort, because complying with GDPR shouldn't mean they can't do business outside the EU. Maybe I am missing something.

#624 TrevMUN

TrevMUN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:RagnarokWisdom
  • Server:Chaos, Loki

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:59 AM

The 'V' in VMod should tell you that they are not WP employees. All WP employees work in their California office.

This is the reason I used the word staff rather than employee.

Regardless of whether or not they are in their employ, it would take someone like Bobby Kotick to do something like this to one's own.

Are there seriously still people who think this is WP's doing rather than Gravity's?

I don't know, you tell me.

When has WP ever had the authority to do ANYTHING like this without the studio being behind it, lmao?

Which begs the question, why is everyone raging at Warp Portal, then?

When NCSoft put City of Heroes on the chopping block, the playerbase didn't turn on Paragon Studios. They focused their energies in trying to convince the publisher to change its mind.

In contrast, many of the threads and posts I have been seeing over the past month have been raging about Warp Portal in specifically, the CMs, the rest of the staff, Americans in general. Those energies could have been put to good use trying to contact whatever management made this decision and asking them to reconsider.

#625 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:05 AM

This is the reason I used the word staff rather than employee.

Regardless of whether or not they are in their employ, it would take someone like Bobby Kotick to do something like this to one's own.

I don't know, you tell me.

Which begs the question, why is everyone raging at Warp Portal, then?

When NCSoft put City of Heroes on the chopping block, the playerbase didn't turn on Paragon Studios. They focused their energies in trying to convince the publisher to change its mind.

In contrast, many of the threads and posts I have been seeing over the past month have been raging about Warp Portal in specifically, the CMs, the rest of the staff, Americans in general. Those energies could have been put to good use trying to contact whatever management made this decision and asking them to reconsider.

Personally I've bee raging at Gravity because I know WP pass it on. I'm pretty sure a lot of people know that korea is behind this. There's no need to defend them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users