Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#51 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

@BlackMeow

time to add EU players to your sig

#52 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:28 PM

euRO is not affected:

https://prnt.sc/jakhfv

Wow that douchey sentiment: "We will get NEW PLAYERS!! Sucks for iRO to lose them but good for us!" 

This isn't easy for the rest of us and there will be those of us that aren't going to deal with survival guilt.

I already cease supporting RO1 by not spending a penny on this game anymore after they just showed their greedy fangs on the constant pay2win schemes, I don't know how else to show my on going disappointment and frustration with the management. This isn't going to EVER convince me to come back to this game at all, I was waiting for the day that the management change their attitude towards players that quit from "Okay bye" to "We do value you and want to see players return, and will do what we can to improve our services".

The constant decline in service quality is baffling. This is on Gravity Corp to invest in a BETTER LAWYER, to help them through this. I work in a game company myself and our product have way higher risk than WP's games ever would when it comes to user data. Guess what? We hired a lawyer to help educate our programmers/ engineers/ legal department/ data science department on understanding the new law, and work on complying with it. Gravity choose to chicken out on this.

There is no excuse for Gravity to not invest in a future where it can be inclusive for Europe players.

EuRO also sucks. Don't bother.

#53 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • LocationVancouver (British Columbia)
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:30 PM

I don't know if I should be happy or sad that I've never spend a single cent on this game.

#54 Miyamisuu

Miyamisuu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 948 posts
  • LocationSin City

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:37 PM

Think of it this way, guys. The SS iRO just hit an iceberg and we're just loading the EU players into the lifeboats first.

my sides.  :p_laugh:  :p_laugh:

#55 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:38 PM

I don't know if I should be happy or sad that I've never spend a single cent on this game.

Is investing your time any different?  :dunno:

#56 NGNLsora

NGNLsora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:39 PM

Time is money.

#57 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:42 PM

This is simply not how you deal with human beings. Absolutely disgusting.

It may not affect my account, but honestly I feel ashamed having spent money on WPE all those years now on a company that ends up doing something like this.

I believe this may very well end it for iRO, there is simply not a shred of trust left to cling to now.

They do not deserve players on their games anymore.

#58 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:43 PM

A month roll back once May 25th hit wouldn't be too unlikely, given how people might panic trades now. 

#59 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:50 PM

WOndoesnt care because many SEA players are coming to iRO. They are RMTing items like bosses to gear up for god knows why lol

#60 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:50 PM

Sounds like its about time for a gm/cm to create a backup copy and anonymously throw it up on a public host so eu players can at least recover their data.

#61 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

In ​my honest opinion this might be the last stone that causes iRO to collapse. 

Well every server will eventually close. iRO is no different. 

Europe is out now. What's next?

#62 Narzziza

Narzziza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

RIP  :p_sad:

#63 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:59 PM

Will i have to keep my items on the account in order to get a full refund, and are the refunds gonna be on a account per account basis?  asking for both iRO&Re:Start

thought i would ask it here as well: 

#64 Ayia

Ayia

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:12 PM

Thanks you for the game and Good Luck International Ragnarok Online.

#65 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

How do we know if our account were registered using Europe's IP or not.

We know we aren't involve but who knows if our accounts might somehow end up there with all the accidental VPN here and there.

#66 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:22 PM

I'd like to put in a request that GM's do a livestream tonight or tomorrow to answer Q&A's about this, like a live thing so people questions get answered and documented onto a thread instead of being glossed over and never answered. And I agree with some of the people saying this could be a final nail in the coffin for the game...

#67 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:22 PM

Well what i can say? i feel bad for EU players, but in the other hand just think like this will hapen with ALL iRO players soon.

#68 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:23 PM

1. IF this ban is lifted someday, somehow, how are we (European players) gonna know about it, if we don't have forum access etc?  Will the current data for EU accounts be saved or backed up?

2. Are there any plans to comply to the new law in the future, therefore allowing EU players to play on this server again?

Regards

#69 frankvanmayer

frankvanmayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:25 PM

If we registered from Europe but have moved to North America, will our accounts be affected too? You can check the dates we changed country on our WP account to know it wasn't done after this announcement was made.

*EDIT: Not asking for myself but a few friends wanted me to ask on their behalf*

Edited by frankvanmayer, 26 April 2018 - 02:44 PM.

#70 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:26 PM

Someone really needs to say if accounts are "deleted" or set as "banned"

That's like the absolute most important thing to know, whether they are flat out deleting the account data or simply blocking access to it.

#71 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:28 PM

I'd like to put in a request that GM's do a livestream tonight or tomorrow to answer Q&A's about this, like a live thing so people questions get answered and documented onto a thread instead of being glossed over and never answered. And I agree with some of the people saying this could be a final nail in the coffin for the game...

We're collecting the questions now and sending them to management to be answered. Hoping to have answers to the majority of these questions by tomorrow, but it depends on their timing. Thank you all for submitting questions so far.

#72 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:30 PM

Well what i can say? i feel bad for EU players, but in the other hand just think like this will hapen with ALL iRO players soon.

SoonTM

It doesn’t seem that iRO can survive after that, specially if the management does nothing about it (which is likely) in terms of updates, economy and (ugh) OCPs

We’ll know in a few weeks what will be the effects of it. Just expect billions of zeny dumping in the market due to RMT

#73 Otheos

Otheos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:31 PM

How about allowing the affected accounts to have access to their vip storage for the last month at least? Would like to give away my stuff inside it.

And no - im not going to recharge for VIP - not anymore ;(

#74 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:32 PM

SoonTM

It doesn’t seem that iRO can survive after that, specially if the management does nothing about it (which is likely) in terms of updates, economy and (ugh) OCPs

We’ll know in a few weeks what will be the effects of it. Just expect Trillions of zeny dumping in the market due to RMT

Fixed :)

#75 mscocca

mscocca

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 353 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

Since RO2 Thread on FAQ is locked (well done), I am asking it here: why RO1 players are granted to give their God Items to another player? What about RO2 players? Will be able to give our +10 Epic Cards to our friends? Do you realize how much Cardfinium costs and how hard it is to get high level cards? Please unbind our rare items in order to give them to those we trust!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users