Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Page 5 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#101 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

Not a great loss, playing since 2009 and the game wasn't offering any new worthwhile ingame content, everything is cash shop centered to the point playing isn't required. A lot of people only log in to socialize, nostalgia or plain routine. Only hope my characters can remain there to be useful to someone else :D

#102 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I'm listing some things on my mind:

• Will items transferred/given away to other users be removed if they were from a disabled account's refunds, or is it just a simple matter of the GM team disabling the accounts and giving refunds in the given time period with no regards to what happens to items from those accounts?

• Why february until now?

I have spent way more over a way longer time than from february gearing up for new content, which I will now not be able to play. While "everything comes to an end" this is simple cutting out a region of access with banning accounts, and I as a customer feel cheated and want my money back. I have contacted my credit card company to see what my options are regarding the given time period of the refunds.

Since the GDPR was announced two years ago, it can be argued that WarpPortal has deliberately not given notice of their long-term customers and has deceived customers by simply not discussing this ahead of time, instead of implementing solutions that comply with the GDPR.

Seeing that WarpPortal either forgot about the GDPR situation, or the higher-ups saw there would not be enough precedent financially to create a system to manage customer information in a way that complies with the GDPR, this is a real case scenario. Because of the nature of the announcement of Camp's forum post (a forum post instead of an email), it's likely that it's a higher-up decision to delay the announcement and thus maximize profits in the last two years prior to shutting off the EU region. Accepting refunds up until February 2018 can be seen as a purely strategic financial move on WP's part because of that.

If they had announced this one year ago, it's likely several EU players would have quit ahead of time because there would be no point in paying and playing on a server that will delete your account in 12 months, thus less revenue for WP.

I'm honestly just extrapolating but the most likely thing to happen is this;

1. WP announces this, deal with some flack.

2. EU users get some of their money refunded but that was part of the plan.
3. Certain users push via their credit card companies (arguing some of what I wrote above).
4. Some users get more refunded because they pushed for it via the right channels.

5. EU users are barred, the situation cools down.

6. WP loses some revenue, but maximized it up until this point.

7. Things move along but with a smaller player and revenue base.

It's a really bad situation PR-wise regardless of their actions except complying with it, and I wish they had just spent some money getting a new database and datamining tools, but they're already not making a ton of money so this is kind of expected. I'm going to miss this game.

One more thing:

• It would be nice to transfer my account bound items to other people since this is a very unique situation.

Probably not likely, but worth asking regardless.

Edited by AtlasThunderbeef, 26 April 2018 - 03:04 PM.

#103 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:04 PM

isnt there any way you could comply with this law thats a bit easier?

is migrating the actual game username/password to another platform possible to do?

there certainly has to be something you could do, otherwise warpportal will actually crumble.

#104 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

as far as i can tell, alot of player are RMTing and that is the only cause for panic.

if my country was soon to be unable to play i would not have such a panic as i have seen, you have to remember the world runs on income and stability, and there is people "invested" into this game, so you see there is of course a ton of good people and players who will lose important hard earned in game progress, but the real panic is probably the RMTers and cheaters anyways. and there is TONS OF THEM outside of warpportal sadly....

#105 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:20 PM

Not a great loss, playing since 2009 and the game wasn't offering any new worthwhile ingame content, everything is cash shop centered to the point playing isn't required. A lot of people only log in to socialize, nostalgia or plain routine. Only hope my characters can remain there to be useful to someone else :D

I will miss you, Zayaan and Runnur so much. :( You trio are possibly the best players I've got to know and are fun to chat with and what not. 

It's not the game, account, gears whatever I care about, but the great people we are losing. This game is already dead to me when they forsaken their players over profit.

#106 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:35 PM

do you guys have any plans to actually comply to the gdpr standards even after this ban?

#107 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

Isn't Gravity over reacting to the GDPR? Or, do they really have to shut down all the access from Europe?

If that the case, who the hell created the stupid law?

#108 Hirumminho

Hirumminho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPlanet of the apes (Brazil)
  • Server:Retired

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

I'm not european and also don't have any european friends (don't have any friends in general actually :v) but it feels bad playing a game when you don't trust it's managers, when you can get blocked at any time without previous warning (c'mon 1 month? please... the f* law was there for 2 years...) i left bRO because of bad management, now i guess i'll leave $RO for bad management too, it was good while it lasted, <boop>

From all the times the staff disappointed me, that was certainly the most severe...

Rest in peace $RO.

Edited by VModMango, 26 April 2018 - 05:45 PM.
nope!

#109 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:21 PM

It is unfair to compare an official server to a privater server though. Doing shady things is much easier than doing a right thing under the sun where everyone can target you and judge you 360 degree lol

#110 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:29 PM

Blocking the whole continent is the poor choice. It looks like the genocide!

#111 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:37 PM

probably this is an order from Papa Gravity

#112 juanitainez

juanitainez

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:20 PM

wait... WHAT!!!!!!

me and my bf lived in Amsterdam for 5 years and we both registered our accounts there. but now we move back to our homecountry and never logged in from any EU countries for almost over 2 years. are you still going to ban our accounts?? i dont understand - is it banning, disabling, or what pls give clarification. this news is a shock to my morning wtf

#113 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

Banned, same with me

cause when i registered my accounts, i was finishing my study in UvA 

#114 Miyamisuu

Miyamisuu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 948 posts
  • LocationSin City

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:27 PM

wait... WHAT!!!!!!

me and my bf lived in Amsterdam for 5 years and we both registered our accounts there. but now we move back to our homecountry and never logged in from any EU countries for almost over 2 years. are you still going to ban our accounts?? i dont understand - is it banning, disabling, or what pls give clarification. this news is a shock to my morning wtf

girl! i was thinking about you :( whos gonna be my friend now T>T

#115 Hirumminho

Hirumminho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPlanet of the apes (Brazil)
  • Server:Retired

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:28 PM

It is unfair to compare an official server to a privater server though. Doing shady things is much easier than doing a right thing under the sun where everyone can target you and judge you 360 degree lol

you say that like gravity interactive is not doing shady business lol, omit the fact that they're going to block a whole continet for 2 years (gdpr was announced 04/27/2016) is pretty shady to me, but i hope someday we will have some good official servers too, unfortunately the only good one is in japan, and i can't speak japanese lol

#116 juanitainez

juanitainez

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

Banned, same with me

cause when i registered my accounts, i was finishing my study in UvA 

NOOOOOO WHAT WTFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! I DEMAND A CLONE ACCOUNT!!!!!!! btw u studied at UvA? i was at HvA lol

girl! i was thinking about you :( whos gonna be my friend now T>T

T_______T tina this is a disaster trippy girl and trippy boy will no longer exist 

#117 KerSmack

KerSmack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:45 PM

Sad and disappointing, but i suppose now is better than ever to go find something new.

Lack of answers, avoiding subjects, being as vague as possible. Hopefully soon we will get a Full disclosed answer list to the questions plaguing us all.

Until then stay strong my iro lovers!

#118 Miyamisuu

Miyamisuu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 948 posts
  • LocationSin City

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:49 PM

NOOOOOO WHAT WTFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! I DEMAND A CLONE ACCOUNT!!!!!!! btw u studied at UvA? i was at HvA lol

T_______T tina this is a disaster trippy girl and trippy boy will no longer exist 

T__T dont say that. maybe one day you and boy can come back to me and love me T_T even though I dont know where you guys hang out anymore T__T

#119 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

Think about all the problem that this causes. 

1. People who invested multiple years into this game gets banned on a 1 month prior notice but only refunded for things this year.

2. How do you even determine who gets banned? So if you lived in Germany and registered there then moved to USA for work, do you still get banned?

3. Have you thought about the ridiculous large amount of RMT that's going to happen?

4. Your game's population is tiny already, European players aren't a large population but that's still a big hit to what we have right now.

5. The ridiculous PR damage on your company (tbh not that you guys had much left). 

I just don't know what you guys are even doing.

#120 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:59 PM

RIP iRO.

Who'd have thought draconian EU laws would be what kills it off, of all things.

#121 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

Think about all the problem that this causes. 

1. People who invested multiple years into this game gets banned on a 1 month prior notice but only refunded for things this year.

2. How do you even determine who gets banned? So if you lived in Germany and registered there then moved to USA for work, do you still get banned?

3. Have you thought about the ridiculous large amount of RMT that's going to happen?

4. Your game's population is tiny already, European players aren't a large population but that's still a big hit to what we have right now.

5. The ridiculous PR damage on your company (tbh not that you guys had much left). 

I just don't know what you guys are even doing.

1. It does suck
  2. Yes
  3. Probably
  4. Indeed, but as it has been guessed, the risk probably wasn't worth it
  5. kek

#122 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

Those who lived in USA/Asia or anywhere , went to UK to study/work and went back to their home country.

Just because they create their account while they were in the UK or Europe, their account is gonna get disabled? Eventhought they aren't even EU national.

Please, we need answers on this.

#123 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:04 PM

Those who lived in USA/Asia or anywhere , went to UK to study/work and went back to their home country.

Just because they create their account while they were in the UK or Europe, their account is gonna get disabled? Eventhought they aren't even EU national.

Please, we need answers on this.

this... 

#124 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:21 PM

Is it a financial loss in part of WarpPortal to reach a compromise or an agreement in regards to GDPR compliance, as compared to losing the whole customer-base of Europe?

probably impossibility of compliance due to wp database structure and annoying GDPR requirment 

#125 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:27 PM

yuppp,UvA,

FdR to be precise 

nice HvA   :no1:

*high five*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users