Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Page 8 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#176 sickgaming1986

sickgaming1986

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:59 PM

What time range they do make the refund?   I heared from 1st Feb 2018 to now.

Can one confirm?

that small time period would be a joke........ if its real.

#177 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:03 PM

I totally agree with the only the IP Block.

I mean their Terms of Service only states that they will stop servicing European Users. This should not apply to users who aren't European as long as they can prove that they don't live in the EU but made their account while they were in Europe. 

Doing so, does this make them violate their Terms of Service or do they need to update it again to involve users who were in Europe at any point of time and not citizen of any European country?

I mean you might as well ban any account that logged in from any Europe IP at this point. Which means whoever that logged into iRO while they were having a holiday in Europe.

Edited by yamasakai90, 27 April 2018 - 06:04 PM.

#178 sickgaming1986

sickgaming1986

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:36 PM

What time range for refunds?

We want answers!

#179 RaijinMaster

RaijinMaster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Server:Chaos/EXE

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:38 PM

Could someone clarify whether the change will affect the master account or the sub game account? Suppose I had my master WP account made in the US and my RO account made in EU.

#180 sickgaming1986

sickgaming1986

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:44 PM

How I see wich country my Account is created?

#181 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

https://youtu.be/ZWmrfgj0MZI

BRAKUP SONGS MASHUP THREAD should be made +'

Edited by TheQuietStorm, 27 April 2018 - 10:37 PM.

#182 Harri2017

Harri2017

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:49 PM

Be careful Australia! They might think you are in the EU as well since you do along with the EuroVision ;)  maybe they got their country list from the list for current Eurovision ;)

:p_sad: :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  No Please, we are like 20 hours flight away from EU countries!! We are Land Down Under, please don't ban us!!! And we are good, kind, beautiful ppl.....

#183 Aboed

Aboed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationIn A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  • Server:Thor

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:58 PM

The problem is the GDPR requiring companies to micromanage EU player data (which could be anything from payment information to game packets). Since iRO can't even micromanage themselves, it's a rather tall order to expect them to do just that for each individual EU player, especially given their lack of manpower to make that happen.

So u reckon it's more of a 'don't wanna bother with the trouble' instead of 'don't wanna lose control over our data' thing? I dunno it seems like if they would just adjust to the new euro rule it would benefit them more, but well maybe they are making lots of $$ with our data. 

If by any chance you're talking about Tales of Link. They DID offer refunds, you just had to contact them, they even issued refunds for Purchases made through means that can't be normally refunded, also they closed off all Purchase Methods the moment they heard about the closure.

Oh and they closed it because Bamco ended the contract with Akatsuki so they had no rights to the game system anymore, just the characters and name and decided they incorporate all of Link's Assets to Rays...
Then decided to shut down Rays-Global because it didn't cash in enough.

Nope it was a konami game. Just a casual footie card collection app. It was dwindling down and really repetitive at the end, but it's still weird not playing after like 3+ years of mindless clicking lol. I think refunds are needed cause your forced to quit but say you spend $$ on a game and then got bored and quit do u think u should get a refund.

Anyways hope they give u guys more clarity on this and not stuck in limbo for the possible last weeks of ur iro life. (I think there will be some loopholes for u guys to stick around..hopefully)

#184 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:18 PM

Cost for GDPR compliance around $1m, higher than Gravity Corporation total revenues on 2017 around 7.5 time. While the fine of violation is ~169 time.

#185 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:14 PM

"Ragnarok Online represented 26.5% of our total revenues or Won 37,483 million (US$35,116 thousand) in 2017, compared with 57.3% of our total revenues or Won 29,446 million in 2016"

This sentence is interesting. Although RO1 flat revenues is increased from 2016. But the ratio is decreased. That means some of their mobile games succeed.

So, I don't know who write numbers like that, because it looks dumb. But if $35,116 (thousand) is $35,116,000, that's still $35m a year? If it's $35k, that's less than working at McDonald's for an entire year and how are they paying their employees? So I am going to assume and go with $35m was their RO revenue.

Cost for GDPR compliance around $1m, higher than Gravity Corporation total revenues on 2017 around 7.5 time. While the fine of violation is ~169 time.

If they made $35m and can't afford $1m to help them comply with GDPR,  I don't know what to say.. 

(btw, not sure where you get that number of cost to comply? Care to share source?)

tldr

Spoiler

#186 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:22 PM

From my very little research, it seems this GDPR is a pain to comply to especially to small businesses that though they don't need to comply and didn't take any measures to prepare. If euRO was able to comply with ease I have no clue how iRO failed to do so, considering euRO is a much smaller company.

There are some cost estimations here:
https://ctmfile.com/...st-your-company

but I think it is for large companies. No idea what would it cost for a small business.

Edit:

Here is an article/clip you can read/ watch.

Regards

Edited by bonislav, 27 April 2018 - 10:33 PM.

#187 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:34 PM

Oh I think I gave misinformation. - -* missed 0 3 digits.

#188 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:37 PM

From what I read it seems the deadline was unexpected for some reason and is too little time to prepare.

Also, the fines are ridiculously high.

Regards

#189 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:03 AM

tldr

Spoiler

I'm honestly surprised any iRO veteran is still shocked by this. The fact that THE PLAYERS are the ones to let iRO know that they've been falling behind in updates says plenty about how "up to date" iRO is concerning anything that affects them and their games.

#190 kujis3

kujis3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationIn your house, flipping your tables
  • Server:(ノ◕‿◕)ノ ︵ ┻━━┻

Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:45 AM

I purchased a lot of kafra points last year. What's gonna happen to them? And with some of them I purchased permanent items that I intended to keep forever. But if you're no longer allowing access to them, you should refund all purchases, even if they were made 6 years ago. :ani_ag:

#191 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:33 AM

Were talking about kafra points, WP's and VIP accounts and, also very much important, don't forget were not only talking about RO, were talking about all of their online and mobile games, with VIP accounts, VIP chars, Diamonds purchases and so on and so on...

So were talking about alot of Money to refund to us EU players, not only February to April of this year, this regulations in known to the public from April of 2016...

But let's hope they are keeping quiet because they're studying some ways to get this GDPR thing done (using our suggestions and getting REALLY informed about the subject in hands) and not take any drastic measure like the one they're proposing.

This is not a BIG SCARY monster to handle, just look at it with REAL eyes and you'll see that there's always ways to get the job done without the need to expell customers that a company needs to do their business/get their revenues.

Edited by hernanidude, 28 April 2018 - 02:50 AM.

#192 Lysko

Lysko

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:43 AM

Why is it possible for private servers to make adjustments because of the new GDPR to prevent EU players from getting banned but WP isnt able to do the same?

[Snip]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 28 April 2018 - 10:10 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed mention/link to illegal server.

#193 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:48 AM

Why is it possible for private servers to make adjustments because of the new GDPR to prevent EU players from getting banned but WP isnt able to do the same?

[Snip]

Either kRO or WP doesnt want to comply with GDPR

Edited by VModCinnamon, 28 April 2018 - 10:11 PM.
Mod Edit: Edited in quote.

#194 Lysko

Lysko

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:57 AM

so they rather want to lose a huge playerbase? this really doesnt make any sense

Edited by Lysko, 28 April 2018 - 03:58 AM.

#195 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:08 AM

Nothing of this makes sense, they expelling customers because they can't or won't comply to legal rules, the damage that this situation is creating not only on the customers involved, but all over the internet, with MMO sites and others publishes talking about them, saying that they're prefering to throw customers away than to comply to rules and so on...

If you know the regulations (and I am direct involved in my company with this implementation), some if not most of the things asked for in the documents, they should have already done on their side because, if they don't have it, then boys and girls, the problem is WELL beyond Europe and affects all countries, it's just a matter of time they say the same text to the rest of you...

#196 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:19 AM

I purchased a lot of kafra points last year. What's gonna happen to them? And with some of them I purchased permanent items that I intended to keep forever. But if you're no longer allowing access to them, you should refund all purchases, even if they were made 6 years ago. :ani_ag:

Read the previous post , sorry ~ you might as well say good bye to your gears  ... ><!

#197 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:49 AM

so they rather want to lose a huge playerbase? this really doesnt make any sense

A huge playerbase that is not worth the risk, sadly thats what they think

1 mistake = bankruptcy

#198 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:11 AM

The way I see it:

Since fRO/euRO isn't closing down, this has nothing to do with some Gravity KR licensing issue and GDPR.

Since ALL WarpPortal games are shuttering EU access and not just RO, this has nothing to do with some technical aspect of RO that perhaps by design integrates personal user data INTO the game itself in a way that can't be easily programmed out (unique trade IDs, personalized items, etc).

Since no other international games (that I know of) are shuttering EU access, it leads me to believe that this is an issue with how WarpPortal handles personal information. Either their DB is structured in such a way that it's "insecure" and doesn't jive with GDPR (theoretically easy to resolve), or the only way this game stays afloat is by monetizing our personal information in a way that GDPR makes prohibitively onerous (much harder to resolve). I have no idea which is more likely. It could even be both.

#199 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:18 AM

The way I see it:

Since fRO/euRO isn't closing down, this has nothing to do with some Gravity KR licensing issue and GDPR.

Since ALL WarpPortal games are shuttering EU access and not just RO, this has nothing to do with some technical aspect of RO that perhaps by design integrates personal user data INTO the game itself in a way that can't be easily programmed out (unique trade IDs, personalized items, etc).

Since no other international games (that I know of) are shuttering EU access, it leads me to believe that this is an issue with how WarpPortal handles personal information. Either their DB is structured in such a way that it's "insecure" and doesn't jive with GDPR (theoretically easy to resolve), or the only way this game stays afloat is by monetizing our personal information in a way that GDPR makes prohibitively onerous (much harder to resolve). I have no idea which is more likely. It could even be both.

I think you summed it all up pretty well, unfortunately...

#200 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:45 AM

Can we have enriched elu and +15 event?  I need to get rid of the Ore I cannot trade before my accounts becomes suspended. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users