Round table discussion regarding WoE & general PvP combat - Page 5 - Ragnarok 1 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Round table discussion regarding WoE & general PvP combat

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#101 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3323 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:27 PM

WoE has literally always been seen as an enormous chore with God Items as the endgoal. It's never been seen as anything else by the vast majority of players.

Not applicable in thor, we do it for the heck of it

Also...

Yep make the burden of the gm's atleast even lighter by providing a more fruitful drops in treasure box, i think we can all agree taking a castle (atleast when the scene is active) is much harder than taking out bio5 bosses which is basically the hardest pvm thing in the game yet what do they gain? A bunch of 3 carat diamond lol?

Even a single woe white box is more expensive than all the 3 carat diamon youd get in the week that ypu own the castle.... and people literally bathe with those potions during woe

#####
And it is no use explaining to close minded people, they never lose. Atleast they think so.

#102 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:43 PM

WoE has literally always been seen as an enormous chore with God Items as the endgoal. It's never been seen as anything else by the vast majority of players.

Not true

#103 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:45 PM

Not true

Except it is, and even in your guild that's always been true. Lamb literally had to bribe people to get them to WoE because, hey, it's -_-ing boring.

#104 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:47 PM

I was never given any of these bribes that you speak of. Maybe I wasn't in the cool kids table.

#105 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• Senior Warpportal VM
  • 13581 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:47 PM

Hello,

Please let's stick to the formatting as posted here to avoid further topic derailment.

#106 Scrappy51

Scrappy51

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationShattered Space of Loneliness
  • Server:Not Found

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:48 PM

Why not use the achievement system on woe for personal rewards? 

Like if a player break an emperium a certain number of times like...10k times?  you get a title and achievment rewards.

If a player kill a certainclss a number of times , you get a title and a reward, Like Doram Killer, Sura Killer etc. ofcourse think about something cool these are just examples. 

Then after killing everyclass for like 20k times , youll get the ultimate title of War God + some items or whatever. And make the title Red!

#107 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7815 posts
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:51 PM

Why not use the achievement system on woe for personal rewards? 

Like if a player break an emperium a certain number of times like...10k times?  you get a title and achievment rewards.

If a player kill a certainclss a number of times , you get a title and a reward, Like Doram Killer, Sura Killer etc. ofcourse think about something cool these are just examples. 

Then after killing everyclass for like 20k times , youll get the ultimate title of War God + some items or whatever. And make the title Red!

Then people can log in their alts and kill themselves just for the titles. Also people like me dont really care about titles.

Alt-client is actually a root of so many abuses. I never like this trash lol

#108 Scrappy51

Scrappy51

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:16 PM

Then people can log in their alts and kill themselves just for the titles. Also people like me dont really care about titles.

Alt-client is actually a root of so many abuses. I never like this trash lol

Well its only for woe and not pvp , since woe is 2hrs /per week and before you can line up your alts you got kicked out of the castle cause some broken it or you got killed by a random breaker.

Anyway its not just titles its just a sample they can give items and stuff. 

i checked the achievement menu , theres one for pvp and its empty ..... :p_sad:

yet theres one for porings......and yah this is hopeless man we've been abandoned they love porings more.

#109 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3323 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:33 PM

I title that is achieved through woe seems kinda good too :heh: but nothing beats a more rewarding tb drops since it is more practical and easier/simpler(?) for gm's to do.

#110 Scrappy51

Scrappy51

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:06 PM

Just thought of something,Since  We can create instance now why not make one and put the npc inside guild dungeons and HoA? and rewards will be woe supplies ,Costume Emperium on head, achievement titles etc. Not a permanent thing just a woe instance event, that would require players to be in a guild and that guild should own a castle? Maybe then we could have pvm only guys to play woe. Just maybe.. cmon give it a shot 

Edited by Scrappy51, 13 October 2018 - 10:19 PM.

#111 Savio619

Savio619

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGoa India
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:57 PM

My Suggestion may sound dumb or insane. But I got to say this: 

--- Suggestion 1----

• No over upgraded items (Anything above +10)
  • No OCP Items or Crimson Weapons (More like everything dropped from Monsters and battlegrounds)
  • Don't Ban MVP's (But if possible nerf them example: GTB: 75% reduc on magic damage)
  • Make something that an entire guild can profit on. (Like a super super hard instance where rewards are some cash shop items/ OCP not the latest one's and necessary admission for people who had participated in WOE not the inactive souls or the dual farming characters)
  • Reward system for attackers and reward system for defenders.
  • No BIO super powered cards  :heh:

---Suggestion 2---

• Guild vs Guild events (Example Corgi Butts and alliance will defend against every other guild in IRO where all of them form a mass alliance)

The situation of Woe is long dead and WP can't create a Frankenstein, so don't drag yourself and Woe in the dirt along. Concentrate on the mass duping and bewildered economy of IRO. Or maybe time will come where actually 100 ppl play and rest are vendors or bot's. 

Note: I hate private servers cause corrupt GM's but currently they are looking way better than you guys right now.

Edited by Savio619, 13 October 2018 - 10:58 PM.

#112 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:08 PM

i think i'd go for something continuous of a reward than event ones. we've already gathered enough of the same interest. plus half assing rewards are just a bit lackluster to make something alive, dont you think?

mix this reward with how guild masters budget supplying, i think that's one way to make things lighter. as two of the most hindrances i see here is the hard to stomach rewards and nonsensical means to actually spend so much in running a guild unless it is for fun.

#113 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3323 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:22 AM

It's all the logistics

#114 KunKnee

KunKnee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@kunknee

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:45 AM

Costume Emperium on head

Omg hats! That would be so cool /fsh

#115 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:36 AM

Well, if we change the WOE 1 time to Friday night, there should be more players. At current WOE time on Wednesday, players in west coast America are still working, and players in Asia have not got up yet, players in Australia are working in the morning.

If the WOE time is changed to Friday night 7:00pm to 9:00pm PST, we can have players in America all available to join, and in Asia and Australia, it's Saturday and players are free of work, also available to join. Upon this, we have moved all the WOE time to weekend (Friday WOE1, Saturnday WOE 2, Sunday TE for PST), it should be interesting and relaxing.

Thanks you for collecting feedback and hearing from players.

#116 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:44 AM

We should change the WoE time since WP has banned EU players, so we don't need to care about if WoE time fits EU time zone anymore. Change WoE1 time to Friday PST night.

#117 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:48 AM

WoE needs to be significantly shortened and have the time before the end count for something. Two hours is way too long for such a repetitive nightmare. Second, literally nothing matters before the very end of it, which is stupid.

#118 Haro

Haro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

We should change the WoE time since WP has banned EU players, so we don't need to care about if WoE time fits EU time zone anymore. Change WoE1 time to Friday PST night.

Another poll for woe times would be a helpful "representation" on change of demographics. 

WoE needs to be significantly shortened and have the time before the end count for something. Two hours is way too long for such a repetitive nightmare. Second, literally nothing matters before the very end of it, which is stupid.

I believe 2 hours is good enough. 

#119 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

Another poll for woe times would be a helpful "representation" on change of demographics. 

I believe 2 hours is good enough. 

2 hours is far too long.

Seriously, for the people who claim to find WoE fun and whatever, you don't think there's a problem that you have to make special time allowances (due to its gargantuan length) AND that you have to do all these complicated schedules, planning, begging people to attend and so on? If it was actually fun, NONE of this would be needed.

Play PVP. Then you can have all the player-on-player action you want. WoE offers nothing more except the possibility of God Items (read: RMT magnets) for the leaders.

#120 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:04 PM

2 hours is far too long.

Seriously, for the people who claim to find WoE fun and whatever, you don't think there's a problem that you have to make special time allowances (due to its gargantuan length) AND that you have to do all these complicated schedules, planning, begging people to attend and so on? If it was actually fun, NONE of this would be needed.

Play PVP. Then you can have all the player-on-player action you want. WoE offers nothing more except the possibility of God Items (read: RMT magnets) for the leaders.

Again, wrong, no one is currently doing any WoE for god items.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 14 October 2018 - 03:04 PM.

#121 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:07 PM

Nobody is forcing you to do any of the things you mentioned above (despite being untrue). If you want to show up last minute for castles why don't you? Nobody is stopping you,just like nobody is forcing you to woe for the first hour and a half.

I don't like pvm or pvp, but that doesn't mean that my opinion is the truth for everyone else. Your personal opinion of woe does not reflect everyone else's. If you have a fix for some of the problems you should provide them.

#122 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3068 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:08 PM

A Bryn costs the same amount as a rare OCP item. Yet WoE 2.0 is the most popular game mode for WoE.

Arthur we get that you don't like WoE and you don't want to make time for it because you don't like PvP. Given that this thread is about WoE and PvP, I don't know why you are here to derail it by spamming literally the same thing over and over.

You think 2 hrs is a long time, you don't see the fun in working as a team, you don't understand why players want to compete against each other for fun. If players didn't want to fight other players just for fun, why do you think Fortnite / LoL are the biggest online game in the business? You don't get anything for winning, yet people play it with their friends for a similar amount of time daily.

Edited by Scuba, 14 October 2018 - 03:10 PM.

#123 Haro

Haro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

2 hours is far too long.

Calm down, I was just saying WoE isn't too long. You make it sound the root problem is the length of the event. And clearly there are other serious problems pointed out in previous discussions.

I suggest you focus on the pvp discussion and let people who WoE work on theirs.

#124 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:34 PM

Again, wrong, no one is currently doing any WoE for god items.

Again, right, because no one is currently ever playing PVP despite it being the same as WoE except not a forced two-hour -_-contest.

Seriously, it's not rocket science. No one plays PVP "as a team" or not because, hey, guess what, it's not fun. Guilds have to beg their members to participate in WoE because, hey, guess what, it's not fun. WoE is PVP? Then why does no one play PVP which is just WoE sans the chance of god items?

Oh right, because gods actually are the point of WoE.

I love how the loudest "B-B-BUT MUH WOEEEEEEE" guys are in the hardcore RMT guilds. Cry moar, salty babies.

#125 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1310 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:55 PM

But what are the point of Gods if they are almost 95% of the time replaced by an OCP anyways?  :heh:

Do people still use Bryn? My Bryn has been sitting there collecting dust for the past 2 years. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users