The servers are dying... - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The servers are dying...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
324 replies to this topic

#26 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:19 PM

Now if every one of those updates were here by late February/early April I would be a lot more happier.

Also Nightmare Old Glast Heim needs to come in, at least before somehow we get slotted versions of jRO booties. Otherwise Temp Boots will really be redundant before making their slotted/enchanted debut.

Better think about what camp will eat next lol

#27 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:39 PM

i don’t think i’m the only one disappointed about the job improvements though. that could have led to some players leaving. Waited a long time for it only to be told at the last moment it will take another year.

Not good to get people’s hope up only to suddenly not deliver.

#28 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

Wasn't on today, but I heard there was server issues today and that could be one of the reasons you didn't see many people.  Also, I think it's most active during holidays and exp/drop events(as is all MMOs)

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 18 January 2019 - 07:01 PM.

#29 Kritzkingvoid

Kritzkingvoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLas Pinas: Philippines
  • Server:Chaos Emeralds

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

Personally, IRO as a whole is such a slug to play. Even with the Jump events its such a hassle  to level. As much as I hate to compare IRO to a certain Private Server with its more convenient layout and faster progression system that skips most of the boring stuff, really shows how IRO is outdated.

Kafra Maid is a hassle to navigate (Just make it multiple NPCs)

Prontera and Eden are annoying to navigate (Kinda Demoralizing for new players)

Gives us more option to teleport to dungeons and areas (Don't force me to make dozens of priest)

Just Increase EXP Gain in the early levels (Giving the Illusion of fast growth, Is enough to keep newer players motivated)

Personally for me. Updates should focus more on beginner friendly and life improvements. Updates that pander to the Rich and the Powerful is not a permanent venture.

Even with its Instances, I wish Instances have difficulty selectors allowing lower level or less equiped players to enjoy an instance

(At the end of the day IRO is a business and Im fully aware there bound to a contract)

Edited by Kritzkingvoid, 18 January 2019 - 07:23 PM.

#30 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

Personally, IRO as a whole is such a slug to play. Even with the Jump events its such a hassle to level. As much as I hate to compare IRO to a certain Private Server with its more convenient layout and faster progression system that skips most of the boring stuff, really shows how IRO is outdated.

Gives us more option to teleport to dungeons and areas (Don't force me to make dozens of priest)
Just Increase EXP Gain in the early levels (Giving the Illusion of fast growth, Is enough to keep newer players motivated)

Personally for me. Updates should focus more on beginner friendly and life improvements. Updates that pander to the Rich and the Powerful is not a permanent venture.

Even with its Instances, I wish Instances have difficulty selectors allowing lower level or less equiped players to enjoy an instance
(At the end of the day IRO is a business and Im fully aware there bound to a contract)

http://ziu-ro.blogsp...-mode-boss.html

Beginner mode OGH

http://ziu-ro.blogsp...ginner.html?m=1

Beginner mode HTF

When?

Edited by YongkySH, 18 January 2019 - 07:44 PM.

#31 Scrappy51

Scrappy51

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationShattered Space of Loneliness
  • Server:Not Found

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

Hello!

Currently were working on events to pull users back to the server and have several events lined up for the end of January and Beginning of February. Including the following,

Monster Tokens (This will include a daily redeemable reward that I think players will appreciate)
Lunar Festival - New Year of the Pig Hat
Jump Event - Janeway will be returning to quickly get players up to Gramps ready status. Then there will be an EXP boost until characters are third job ready.
Enriched Hammer

The server will be fine and we will be working to draw users back over the next few months with content, QoL updates, and interesting events.

End of January will bring 39 new cards including all the missing cards from the Hero's Trail updates.
Mid February will be our Valentines day event
End of February will bring the Marriage System Update, Easy Gear Swamp System, Doram Race Update and the Guild Warehouse Update.
April will bring the Party UI update and the Illusion of Frozen Dungeon update which includes the Illusion Dun.geon Enchant System

sWe are also working on our April and March events which are just entering their planning phases.

About the illusion Enchant System, want kind of enchant does it give?

Malangdo type, 16.1 robe, or bio5 type?

Edit: nvm found out its a mix of everything :rice:

Edited by Scrappy51, 18 January 2019 - 08:43 PM.

#32 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

Hello!

Currently were working on events to pull users back to the server and have several events lined up for the end of January and Beginning of February. Including the following,

Monster Tokens (This will include a daily redeemable reward that I think players will appreciate)
Jump Event - Janeway will be returning to quickly get players up to Gramps ready status. Then there will be an EXP boost until characters are third job ready.
Enriched Hammer

The server will be fine and we will be working to draw users back over the next few months with content, QoL updates, and interesting events.

End of January will bring 39 new cards including all the missing cards from the Hero's Trail updates.
End of February will bring the Marriage System Update, Easy Gear Swamp System, Doram Race Update and the Guild Warehouse Update.
April will bring the Party UI update and the Illusion of Frozen Dungeon update which includes the Illusion Dungeon Enchant Systems.
We are also working on our April and March events which are just entering their planning phases.

There's a lot of people who do not know of the existence of Ragnarok Online.   I think that trying to grow the number of people aware of the game's existence is more important in the near future.   I myself never knew of the game's existence until another RO player told me about it and then handed me an optical disc with the game download burned onto it.   

I'm not expecting other players here to do the same level of effort.  But maybe just try to mention the game to other potential new players.  

#33 thesifer

thesifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

Personally, IRO as a whole is such a slug to play. Even with the Jump events its such a hassle  to level. As much as I hate to compare IRO to a certain Private Server with its more convenient layout and faster progression system that skips most of the boring stuff, really shows how IRO is outdated.

Gives us more option to teleport to dungeons and areas (Don't force me to make dozens of priest)

Just Increase EXP Gain in the early levels (Giving the Illusion of fast growth, Is enough to keep newer players motivated)

I second this.

#34 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

Camp...To save the server and attract players back would require GOOD updates NOT just ANY updates...hope someone would listen

NOGH is what a lot of players have been waiting for stop saving it for gods sake...

Edited by yauhoilun, 18 January 2019 - 08:07 PM.

#35 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:11 PM

Better late than never. Should have fixed it way before. Best of luck to you and your team.

Hello!

Enriched Hammer

April will bring the Party UI update and the Illusion of Frozen Dungeon update which includes the Illusion Dungeon Enchant Systems.
We are also working on our April and March events which are just entering their planning phases.

Edited by VanishingPoint, 18 January 2019 - 08:12 PM.

#36 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:40 PM

Camp...To save the server and attract players back would require GOOD updates NOT just ANY updates...hope someone would listen

NOGH is what a lot of players have been waiting for stop saving it for gods sake...

^ This!!

#37 VModCoconut

VModCoconut

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:51 PM

Let us chill on the personal attacks and finger pointing. Several posts removed.

#38 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:42 PM

I do not speak for most people but yeah, a few of my friends are taking a break playing a certain mobile game while the rest of us are taking a break cause we are exhausted over the christmas grind/farm.   :heh:

End of February will bring the Marriage System Update, Easy Gear Swamp System, Doram Race Update and the Guild Warehouse Update. Oh yea!

#39 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:43 PM

Thor is a lost cause, many people i know that have quit only wanted one effin thing and ye guys killed it and now that certain mobile game effectively took out even more

All thats left in thor are whales, ripoffs, people who still love the game despite all it's flaws (martyrdom i would say so at this point) and people who have friends that belong to such reasons.

it is really bad, i have no words  :wah:

#40 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:55 PM

It all looks good on paper, but I'd rather you not throw out dates so lightly. You have lost a lot of trust from the community with updates consistently being pushed back/not on time. I think if you really want people to come back to play this game, being true to your words is something that you should really strive to achieve. 

#41 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

At least they don’t delete this “server is dying” thread which is supposed to be a taboo topic but clearly even mods and GMs know this is a real problem that needs discussion

Edited by yauhoilun, 18 January 2019 - 10:01 PM.

#42 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:10 PM

It all looks good on paper, but I'd rather you not throw out dates so lightly. You have lost a lot of trust from the community with updates consistently being pushed back/not on time. I think if you really want people to come back to play this game, being true to your words is something that you should really strive to achieve. 

Agreed, promises have been made time and time again, but no delivery. I know it isn't WP's fault, but at the same time all we get is talk, not action.

#43 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:12 PM

There is a story called cry wolf you know

#44 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:18 PM

the beginning of the end.

it's possible this game is simply dying from old age.. and server mechanics have fastened it.

#45 Kritzkingvoid

Kritzkingvoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLas Pinas: Philippines
  • Server:Chaos Emeralds

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:21 PM

it's possible this game is simply dying from old age.. and server mechanics have fastened it.

Not really, Unless your talking about ragnarok as a whole, then no

Iro as a server is severely limited to its company. Kinda ironic? when private servers have more players than the official reaching 2-3k

Gravity (or kro?) should just give Iro to the community when it comes to updates

#46 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:46 AM

Why do GMs keep thinking the event they are making are interesting to players? Do players even get their chances for a vote? To be honest, the schedule of updates is just another disappointment.  :p_swt:

And See how jRO can have 4k online players which has no bots or dupe items. And iRO has 1k online players and 500+ bots and dupe items too. :p_sad:

Edited by bgmds, 19 January 2019 - 02:48 AM.

#47 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:18 AM

Its not a bad idea

In the past we've allowed for server transfers and offered migration. The real problem is always when the rule sets differ between servers,

Something for fresh start adventurers could be useful for both newer and older players.

for people transferring to renewal (even if they come from RO2 or Rose), since ill be honest i know mostly nothing about restart or classic lol. time it to a janeway event, personally magical stones would be a nice addition to these starter packs assuming people would use it for character development purposes anyway (resets and repeatable leveling, people don't often buy it in KP shop anyway). will be quite a boost to get their characters in a good spot in the game in no time.

it's beneficial to new and old players yes but the nature of it is a benefit in the first place, mainly for leveling sooo yeah (and i doubt vets would waste time collecting stones for stat resets knowing we get a free one every christmas, as well as just running a few faceworm nests to do so). also procedure-wise, i wonder how this would go about. you have people enlist to which server they want to migrate to, have their character deleted from that server and have codes be sent to them for use? or is that complex?

#48 AstarLighting

AstarLighting

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:29 AM

Hello!

Enriched Hammer

Rune Knight's Rune Stone Improvement when? Is there a new date? Will we still see more hats being devoured?

#49 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:38 AM

Rune Knight's Rune Stone Improvement when? Is there a new date? Will we still see more hats being devoured?

#50 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:03 AM

@Campitor

Don’t forget rune stone Improvement and mado mech please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users