The servers are dying... - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The servers are dying...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
324 replies to this topic

#51 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:19 AM

When FLYFF PH shutdown, Levelup allowed them to transfer to pRO with +11 gset, a char of choice with maxed out lvl and jlvl along with platinum skill quests all cleared

And thats pro we're talking about, the most corrupt of them official servers and theyre willing to do that for them poor flyff players, will WP do something similar for rose and ro2?

#52 PokeDemon

PokeDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:42 AM

I honestly think the problem is around the new players.

As a Brazilian player who left Bro Server, I found the initial tutorial strange / confusing.

If I did not really come with a friend who was playing here I would get lost and I would not be able to finish the creature academy in a way that would give the teleportation / potions ticket and other things in correct amount (completely).

Now imagine the following situation: the player has NEVER played ragnarok do you think he would look like?

I saw several players in the year that i retired to this server (2018) who gave up playing for not knowing how to do tutorial right and thinking that they did it completely or not knowing about it, they ended up failing to play / test the game.

JUST FOR LACK OF HOW TO PLAY! Have tried to think the player WITHOUT VIP (who boosts vip before playing?) Paying 2,000z just to get + 500z to storage, without even knowing how to join zeny etc etc!

Recently the friend who called me to play,goes back to the BRO server because all his friends (except me) have already taken it for the same.

I just dont go with then becouse this server people and community ISEN'T IS like BRAZIL community that is--> "Community 99% TOXIC---1% Antidote".

NO WANT 3 BOTTER FOR 1 Monster.

NO want discconected each 30sec.

I WANT HAVE FUN,not take my computer out the window!

Text a "little bit longer" but prey someone read it.

Edited by PokeDemon, 19 January 2019 - 08:44 AM.

#53 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:28 AM

Don't know what level you guys are, but at 100+ I dont see that many bots. Most bots i see are zeny sellers.

I think the worst problem is how bad the market is right now. Everything goes for 1b+ so you can't just make a vend store and leave it afk 24h/7day. You need to be active to do the trading, if you don't have much time to play the game, you are fu...

Edited by MrLekkz, 19 January 2019 - 12:00 PM.

#54 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:48 AM

it is

#55 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

This sorta thing has been talked to death on the forums since at least 2011. Here's a thread I picked up from the very last pages Community Chat in 2011 with pretty much the same doomsaying and what's wrong with iRO:

https://forums.warpp...arok-easy-mode/

Just different usernames/avatars.

#56 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

This sorta thing has been talked to death on the forums since at least 2011. Here's a thread I picked up from the very last pages Community Chat in 2011 with pretty much the same doomsaying and what's wrong with iRO:

https://forums.warpp...arok-easy-mode/

Just different usernames/avatars.

different times and different situations, honestly if you don't value possible progress for us on this thread then you can start skipping it from now on. whatever conspires as a result of this with you ending up enjoying for your in-game benefits, then have that in your mind

#57 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 19 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

Hello!

Currently were working on events to pull users back to the server and have several events lined up for the end of January and Beginning of February. Including the following,

Monster Tokens (This will include a daily redeemable reward that I think players will appreciate)
Lunar Festival - New Year of the Pig Hat
Jump Event - Janeway will be returning to quickly get players up to Gramps ready status. Then there will be an EXP boost until characters are third job ready.
Enriched Hammer

The server will be fine and we will be working to draw users back over the next few months with content, QoL updates, and interesting events.

End of January will bring 39 new cards including all the missing cards from the Hero's Trail updates.
Mid February will be our Valentines day event
End of February will bring the Marriage System Update, Easy Gear Swamp System, Doram Race Update and the Guild Warehouse Update.
April will bring the Party UI update and the Illusion of Frozen Dungeon update which includes the Illusion Dungeon Enchant Systems.
We are also working on our April and March events which are just entering their planning phases.

I have removed from this post reference to certain call outs and RMTing reports. If you suspect someone is RMTing please report it the GM team will happily take action against bad actors.

Zeny circulating is a good thing but it needs to be getting removed at a faster rate from players with excess zeny reserves. Either by going to newer players or by being consumed through ingame activities.
Also of note Zeny inflation is a real problem as well. We have been preparing plans to drain large amount out of the game economy once the root cause of the mass inflation is resolved. But it requires the fix for those issues first. If we run the events without the fix the zeny coffers will just refill surprisingly quickly.

Yeah, I'm back from a 1 day ban... Nice editing skill you got there buddy. Anyway, back to the topic. Buddy, first of all this game/server is vet friendly not newbie friendly. If someone hits your vets, you hit those newbies instead. Bud, I'm helping this server to survive. Nobody cares about your events, updates whatsoever. The only players who care about these stuff are Vets. Newbies can't even play certain maps. puppy buddy, this server doesn't even have a puppy advertisement, this server is known just for a word of mouth. Buddy, I'm being direct to you, the game is populated by 80% RMTer/Botter, 19.9% Holding on and 0.1% Newbie. When there's a new player you can't just convince him to get an OCP. Dude, they will try the game first. When they see that there are only few players playing, they won't bother to buy anything. Second, most of the new players want to farm, because they want to play right? they want to fight, because its a game right? and again, they want to try the game first, so they won't bother buying anything yet. When they see the market prices, darn! For sure, they'll be gone dead. Buddy, that's why I'm trying to bring back the prices, because newbies/new players couldn't afford them. They'll be dead always when playing, people or players mentality, when they keep on dying in game, when they can't cope up in game, they will just forget that game and look for a new one. Dude, honestly, it makes me laugh when you keep on focusing with your updates and zeny removal. Buddy, zeny is circulating through RMT. I know that, I'm a 24/7 eden seller and I have these very very big eyes wideopen that's why I know everything in relation to Marketing. They don't want the prices to go down because $$$, real money. Lastly buddy, remember when I asked you before if this server has a plan of creating a mobile app version? Because nowadays, people want to play comfortably. I know this alot since I'm doing business online, "niche market websites" Atleast 80% of the population online want to use their phones instead of their laptops. That's why new gamers turn to mobile friendly games because its comfy and definitely accessible. That's why atleast 30% of chaos players went to Eternal Love. And if you're not aware, there are more people going there and selling their chaos accounts. 

Edited by Ecologist, 19 January 2019 - 05:40 PM.

#58 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 January 2019 - 03:22 PM

Newcomers need to know how to play the game, as in, a directional dialogue to help them understand where to move to. Yeah RO is a massive world to explore but at the same time you need to give them some direction.

Also it doesn't help how p2w all this is, a newcomer would see this game, notice most gear people use is now cash shop and think to themselves "so I gotta fork out hundreds of dollars to play this game?".

#59 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 03:28 PM

Buddy, asks ROM players about that. If they care.

#60 Kritzkingvoid

Kritzkingvoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLas Pinas: Philippines
  • Server:Chaos Emeralds

Posted 19 January 2019 - 03:54 PM

Newcomers need to know how to play the game, as in, a directional dialogue to help them understand where to move to. Yeah RO is a massive world to explore but at the same time you need to give them some direction.

Also it doesn't help how p2w all this is, a newcomer would see this game, notice most gear people use is now cash shop and think to themselves "so I gotta fork out hundreds of dollars to play this game?".

Another thing, which is helpful, is allowing novices to test or play as different 1st job types with all skills unlock allowing a new player to pick a class there comfortable with. 

For the p2w thing, similiar to [Cookies] allowing players to earn in-game token which can be used to buy cash top items is nice and all. But considering the Bot-infestation and knowing gravity wants cash this will not happened

I guess another option is to update the eden gears, make it slightly more useful for newer players

Edited by VModCinnamon, 19 January 2019 - 05:09 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed mention of illegal server.

#61 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

Another thing, which is helpful, is allowing novices to test or play as different 1st job types with all skills unlock allowing a new player to pick a class there comfortable with. 

For the p2w thing, similiar to [Cookies] allowing players to earn in-game token which can be used to buy cash top items is nice and all. But considering the Bot-infestation and knowing gravity wants cash this will not happened

I guess another option is to update the eden gears, make it slightly more useful for newer players

Technically they can, via the Criatura Academy Books, problem is again... direction, it doesn't really provide much help in explaining that you can play with each classes skills.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 19 January 2019 - 05:10 PM.
Mod Edit: edited in quote.

#62 Kritzkingvoid

Kritzkingvoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLas Pinas: Philippines
  • Server:Chaos Emeralds

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:07 PM

Technically they can, via the Criatura Academy Books, problem is again... direction, it doesn't really provide much help in explaining that you can play with each classes skills.

The academy books is limited when showing off the classes ability

Having a training room were you can change classes on the fly and fighting dummy mobs is a option, similar to having a dedicated tutorial for each players

But In reality, what kind of person starts a mmorpg without looking up, what classes are the 'best', is rare this day

Just tell them to play archer or assassin (or doram). kek

#63 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

Buddy, that is not even considered as a problem. Don't you know that almost all online games are difficult to play for the first time? Specially mmorpg games? Even if you spoon feed them, nothing will change. Fair market has a big impact in games not just real money but virtual money. But for real buddy, this server needs to go mobile. Mobile is more addictive than computers. Specially you already have Eternal Love.

#64 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:20 PM

P2W solutions come after. Gotta deal with the initial problem first which is new players not even getting to the part where they actually get exposed to cooperative play.

Every newbie has that amount of time to explore. It's not that you have to force it to them with the means of less satisfaction to get to what they want, but you know this isn't like the old days. Low TI is less populated for example, before people would do Low TI's for merit badges but now you just get them from faceworm. Have to deal with it that one of the reasons we may not be getting more players anytime soon is that they do not enjoy the same situations we had before, which was cooperative play even on early stages of leveling.

The problem with you guys is you think of problems like they depend on each other, but the sad truth is those are your selfish problems. Face it, some people enjoy the fact that the server has become P2W and some don't, so if there shall be any agreement that we may get a fix for this server to be less P2W then that should really come after. don't give us your bull-_-.

#65 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:22 PM

because that's the only thing each and every one your good for, there's a fix, you mention a new problem. and you know what? it's tiring because there will always be problems and it's not our fault you don't get to appreciate what's already provided

#66 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:29 PM

They need to fix the root causes of issues first, otherwise anything they introduce will fail in a short time period, and this time period grows smaller with each and every time they try to do it without having fixed those issues.

#67 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

Before, we could tell this server wouldn't die. Because we love Ragnarok, they will just come back. Before, there was no Renewal alternate. Now that you have an alternate game with more than 10x the population of Chaos where you can play from PC to CP, darn! You can tell, this server might drown. Unless, they cope up to modern changes and go mobile as well.

#68 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:36 PM

what do you think is the root cause then? or wait, would you think that's a subjective question?

which is a root cause;

- players not being able to test most of the game's features because of being stuck in a situation that bores them

- players having to reach end game and get to see that this game is actually p2w

can you tell me how the hierarchy of that is? which problem in a newbies mindset comes first?:

#69 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:06 PM

Fixing duping would be a good start.

#70 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

Fixing duping would be a good start.

Buddy, your ideas are getting me so sad...  :sob:  You're solving problems with another problem. The only thing they can do now is to cope up or simply call it "Trend". They need to go mobile. Additionally, take a look at Chaos Market Place, new players can't cope up with these prices. That's why their going ROM, because as of now, they are all equal. Unlike Renewal, there's a lot of Billionaires and rude Vets.

Edited by Ecologist, 19 January 2019 - 06:19 PM.

#71 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:19 PM

Ro mobile is boring... at least to me it is...

#72 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

Ro mobile is boring... at least to me it is...

Yah atleast to you... Not for them... @ 1.6m and counting...

Edit: 1.7m

Edited by Ecologist, 19 January 2019 - 06:20 PM.

#73 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, I'm back from a 1 day ban... Nice editing skill you got there buddy. Anyway, back to the topic. Buddy, first of all this game/server is vet friendly not newbie friendly. If someone hits your vets, you hit those newbies instead. Bud, I'm helping this server to survive. Nobody cares about your events, updates whatsoever. The only players who care about these stuff are Vets. Newbies can't even play certain maps. puppy buddy, this server doesn't even have a puppy advertisement, this server is known just for a word of mouth. Buddy, I'm being direct to you, the game is populated by 80% RMTer/Botter, 19.9% Holding on and 0.1% Newbie. When there's a new player you can't just convince him to get an OCP. Dude, they will try the game first. When they see that there are only few players playing, they won't bother to buy anything. Second, most of the new players want to farm, because they want to play right? they want to fight, because its a game right? and again, they want to try the game first, so they won't bother buying anything yet. When they see the market prices, darn! For sure, they'll be gone dead. Buddy, that's why I'm trying to bring back the prices, because newbies/new players couldn't afford them. They'll be dead always when playing, people or players mentality, when they keep on dying in game, when they can't cope up in game, they will just forget that game and look for a new one. Dude, honestly, it makes me laugh when you keep on focusing with your updates and zeny removal. Buddy, zeny is circulating through RMT. I know that, I'm a 24/7 eden seller and I have these very very big eyes wideopen that's why I know everything in relation to Marketing. They don't want the prices to go down because $$$, real money. Lastly buddy, remember when I asked you before if this server has a plan of creating a mobile app version? Because nowadays, people want to play comfortably. I know this alot since I'm doing business online, "niche market websites" Atleast 80% of the population online want to use their phones instead of their laptops. That's why new gamers turn to mobile friendly games because its comfy and definitely accessible. That's why atleast 30% of chaos players went to Eternal Love. And if you're not aware, there are more people going there and selling their chaos accounts. 

i think this a good insight/advise

#74 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

Buddy, your ideas are getting me so sad...  :sob:  You're solving problems with another problem. The only thing they can do now is to cope up or simply call it "Trend". They need to go mobile. Additionally, take a look at Chaos Market Place, new players can't cope up with these prices. That's why their going ROM, because as of now, they are all equal. Unlike Renewal, there's a lot of Billionaires and rude Vets.

RO has a mobile version, called ROM. RO1 will forever be a PC game. Whether it sinks or swims soon could be either way, it's not going to be around forever either way :I

#75 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:56 PM

RO has a mobile version, called ROM. RO1 will forever be a PC game. Whether it sinks or swims soon could be either way, it's not going to be around forever either way :I

Yah, that's what I'm telling... RO1, Chaos, Renewal whatsoever. Players are going ROM... It will sink for sure if they will remain PC forever since you can play ROM with PC as well... And as of yet, players there are equal. That's why Im telling you, the only thing they can do is to make this RO1 mobile friendly or else...  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users