April 18th Renewal Maintenance - Page 5 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

April 18th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
313 replies to this topic

#101 3544190106025751243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:12 AM

the difference is very simple, in the old system you took a random item between 11 ~ 12, being 1 or 2 rare, in the new one in the fifth box it is a random item between 3 ~ 5 and in tenth box it is a random between 1 ~ 2 items.
if the current box template is followed.

Yeah I get it how the new system works. My main concern is that, in 5th and 10th tries/steps u are guaranteed semi rare and rare items. This is where it makes a whole lot different to the supply of RARE items in this server. It'll be flooded with Rares. So its like everyone driving a Lamborghini now, so what is there left to make the different each and other player? I know u people gonna say MVP card enchant blah blah so on. So if RARE is worth a penny now, the rest of the semi rares gonna worth practically nothing. The Biggest example is Immortal Dog Tag, from a 5B worth of accessory, now its only 300M. So is this the situation we would like to see happening to all other Rares too?

#102 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:12 AM

Fun indeed. Though the one telling me I m wrong didnt exactly give me their counter point. I m also play for five years on and off and didnt rmt-bot. Mostly active since two and half year ago. But I m making such statement cuz thats all I ve seen mostly, my experience. And its not like the one who engage with such activity would come here and defend my point, isn't it.

#103 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:18 AM

Yeah I get it how the new system works. My main concern is that, in 5th and 10th tries/steps u are guaranteed semi rare and rare items. This is where it makes a whole lot different to the supply of RARE items in this server. It'll be flooded with Rares. So its like everyone driving a Lamborghini now, so what is there left to make the different each and other player? I know u people gonna say MVP card enchant blah blah so on. So if RARE is worth a penny now, the rest of the semi rares gonna worth practically nothing. The Biggest example is Immortal Dog Tag, from a 5B worth of accessory, now its only 300M. So is this the situation we would like to see happening to all other Rares too?

well to begin with, I've always found wrong an item that came from a box cost so much, those who started with this wave of "is a rare item and should cost 3b" are not even playing or say no play anymore.
so I'm sorry but I think a larger amount of items will not hurt the market, only those who like to profit on top of the others, in as much as they talk about supply and demand.

edit

I still remember when a certain player started saying that the ocp items were all very good and would have few "rare" items on the server and that it would increase the sales price of the WPE and that everyone should do the same, and now the market is like this.

Edited by Erlak, 18 April 2019 - 10:27 AM.

#104 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:20 AM

These rare gears in question are worth 10/12z sold to NPC, and they're worth nothing at all up until the point you make a sale with another player. Until then, it's just a projected value. What you COULD sell it for. Sure, my Eddga shoes could be sold for billions of zeny to another player, but since I plan on never parting with them, they are worth 0 zeny. i'm not zeny-rich because I own my Eddga shoes.

#105 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:22 AM

Old Suggestion seems much better. Unless they only put one Rare item instead of two or three, and for $30-40 I would like to choose what I'm getting, and not gamble. If I go to the store and spend money, I'd like to pick what I go home with, and now just have a small chance it's something I wanted.

Every body wants to pick up something they want and go home with it but then again you have vendors out here asking you to offer them....Like that's not how it works :heh: know your prices.  :exlamation: 

#106 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:23 AM

That's because when an item is deemed "Rare" that doesn't necessarily mean all classes in iRO can make good use of it.

You look at the items and value them by their rarity but you seem to forget that they have practical uses as well. There will still be some cases where even a common or semi-rare will be more useful than those in rare depending on the nature of the class & build.

Putting aside rarity for the practicality point for now,
Dogtag lost its value simply because not that many can actually make use of it. Did you expect archbishop and geneticist-mains to run around wielding a lindy hop?
Meanwhile when mob scarf was re-introduced in remix its price still remained high because it could be adopted by lots of classes and endgame builds easily.

Edited by ninJedi, 18 April 2019 - 10:33 AM.

#107 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:26 AM

Can we get a fix on the permeter monsters? Its been years, and they are still not earth attribute. Never made any sense since they look like bulbasaur with a tree out their spine, they drop plant related items like elder branch, mastela fruit, and red herb, and they use EARTh attribute attacks lol. *smfh *

Please before the summer, many monsters need long overdue updates to their states and types.

#108 3544190106025751243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:33 AM

Same here. Why is it a bad thing? This new system benefits all players who purchase WPE. Community wins and WP wins.

Obviously this hurts people who count on selling the OP items for crazy amounts of zeny (3b, 4b, 5b, etc), but these people are the very low % of server population.

Ultimately, I think the benefits outweigh the negative impact for the new system.

Why is it a bad thing u ask? Just look how the world works itself bro, do you see a bungalow selling for 50k?  Can you find any Ferraris selling at the price of a Toyota? And so, if everyone having the luxury of items at the tips of their hands, where's the fun and challenge left for you? This is what RO is all about bro, you get good gears by putting up your ass into this game by all means necessary be it OCP or in game farming. This is what RnG game is all about. Not all players from janeway now having all the rarities in this game has to offer.

Me myself when I was a newbie, I saw something OP selling for billions, that would be my target for the end game. If you are having the end game items just right away u walk out of Izlude, what else this game has left to offer? Do you get to drive a Lamborghini when u finish school bro? U work hard for it, thats what make all the difference. 

It's not just some crazy dudes selling OP items for billions of zeny is the problem, like u said it is OP items. If OP sells for 100m, do you think anyone would be selling it? Do you think anyone would continue to be playing? Do you think anyone else would be interested in other gears besides all these OP stuffs? Your ultimate reasoning behind this is what making it a downfall for this game.

There must be a different between new player and hard ass grinding old player, not just everyone can have the same items will solve all the problems.

#109 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:35 AM

I wanna point out that getting a God-tiered item won't immediately guarantee that you turn into a God-like player :P

#110 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:37 AM

keep going, this is awesome  :p_idea:

#111 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:42 AM

i asked for my popcorn a while ago

#112 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:42 AM

These rare gears in question are worth 10/12z sold to NPC, and they're worth nothing at all up until the point you make a sale with another player. Until then, it's just a projected value. What you COULD sell it for. Sure, my Eddga shoes could be sold for billions of zeny to another player, but since I plan on never parting with them, they are worth 0 zeny. i'm not zeny-rich because I own my Eddga shoes.

Do you have money just laying around to make such statements :questionmark: :questionmark: :questionmark:

#113 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:44 AM

If you graduate from school riding a bike, and your parents gift you a Ferrari you don't magically transform into 10-time international grand prix racing world champion~ :D

For some reason, I can't shake imagining a funny situation where a max lvl gx with high-end crit gears begins casting dark claw against detale right after that dragon drops a round yellow aura

Edited by ninJedi, 18 April 2019 - 10:48 AM.

#114 3544190106025751243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:52 AM

That's because when an item is deemed "Rare" that doesn't necessarily mean all classes in iRO can make good use of it.

You look at the items and value them by their rarity but you seem to forget that they have practical uses as well. There will still be some cases where even a common or semi-rare will be more useful than those in rare depending on the nature of the class & build.

Putting aside rarity for the practicality point for now,
Dogtag lost its value simply because not that many can actually make use of it. Did you expect archbishop and geneticist-mains to run around wielding a lindy hop?
Meanwhile when mob scarf was re-introduced in remix its price still remained high because it could be adopted by lots of classes and endgame builds easily.

So what do you really mean here is that a Ferrari lost its value just because it can't be used in off-road or jungle? Rare is rare, full stop. Be it a Hummer, or Lamborghini it serves different purposes in life. It is deemed Rare because of its stats or advantages towards someone or everyone. Why do you think Verit card is not rare compare to Imperial Feather? Verit card give you HP, and every class needs HP. So if Verit card is useful for every class, why its not expensive than Imperial Feather since Imp Feather can only benefit RG or GX?

For Dog Tag u say it lost its value just because not everyone can use Lindy Hop? What about Work Cap+10? Does it serves any purpose for GX and AB or Warlock or Doram or any other classes? Imagine if work cap is in the semi rare list in OCP, dont you think it will lost its value too bro? Same goes for Mob Scarf, if Mob Scarf is in common section in OCP, dont u think Mob Scarf will be the price like Bloody Branch and BSB?

#115 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:55 AM

I love how people think OCP just

tenor.gif

#116 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:59 AM

you are assuming the "rare" has the same % to get it, they can just says "no no, that crown is rare at 0.9% and the fafnir is rare at 0.1%, thats why you get more crowns that the fafnir", since WP says "Rare belongs to 0% to 1%". It wont be 50/50, again they are handle the numbers, I just want a really good deal and not a new way to scam people (pls dont put sunnies on rare/semi-rare category or any other trashy item)

Edited by S207, 18 April 2019 - 11:00 AM.

#117 3544190106025751243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:02 AM

OK Campitor, since you want it to benefit for every players by giving them chance of having the 5th try and 10th try for getting semi rare and rare respectively. I dare you not to make any percentages or class them by rarity or semi rare or any other classes. Since you want it to be easier for the rest of the players in this game, PLEASE i double dare you to make all items in OCP is common. be it Gambler seal or be it Prize Medal. Since u want it to be easy for all players, why dont go all the way to the core?

I really want to see nothing is rare in RO anymore. I really want to see everyone wearing the same gear. I really want to see there's no rarity in items. And also campitor, PLEASE PLEASE make MVP Card is 100% drop so that every player can have MVP Card in this game. PLEASE I really want to see. Make everyone is available with all the good things in this game has to offer. PLEASE PLEASE

#118 junioran

junioran

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:02 AM

I honestly have no horse in this race, but gotta point out that Dog Tag price dropped not because of its overall usefulness but because it came as semi rare in a remix box.

Edited by junioran, 18 April 2019 - 11:02 AM.

#119 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:09 AM

It amazes me how this new OCP system basically gives you a guaranteed chance for semi-rare/rare and everything else remained the same and somehow people are still complaining. You greed -_-s lmao. 

#120 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:11 AM

I just wanted to say that the rarity of an item shouldn't immediately dictate how much better it is compared to other items. And that an influx of rares won't cause too much negative impact because it doesn't necessarily mean that the entire playerbase will suddenly start being able to solo everything overnight.

But fine,
I'll leave here before we get any further from patch notes topic

#121 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:14 AM

I honestly have no horse in this race, but gotta point out that Dog Tag price dropped not because of its overall usefulness but because it came as semi rare in a remix box.

Lmao same! I don't know whens the next time I'll be able to purchase warpportal points. :hmm: :ho:

#122 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:21 AM

I like this change. As one of those "older" people who still loves playing this game and has a real job that gives me disposable income to occasionally spend on WPE, I am all for this.

I don't see this change suddenly flooding the market with a bunch of rare OCP items at this time. I mean, unless this change starts to draw people back to the game in droves, how many people in the current player base do you honestly think are going to spend their hard-earned money on WPE just to get rare OCP items and then dump them into the market?

Personally, I really only buy WPE and get OCPs if there is something in them that I want, and once I have that item I'm not going to turn around and sell that item for billions of zeny. That would be silly, wouldn't it?

Edited by VileCharmander, 18 April 2019 - 11:21 AM.

#123 3544190106025751243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:21 AM

you are assuming the "rare" has the same % to get it, they can just says "no no, that crown is rare at 0.9% and the fafnir is rare at 0.1%, thats why you get more crowns that the fafnir", since WP says "Rare belongs to 0% to 1%". It wont be 50/50, again they are handle the numbers, I just want a really good deal and not a new way to scam people (pls dont put sunnies on rare/semi-rare category or any other trashy item)

If this is the case, its all back to RnG like the old system used to be. Just that the different here in 5th and 10th try/steps, you're in more specific "Category" which is semi rare and rare instead of from the whole OCP list. I get it, its a good idea. OCP averaging 3 rares, and for an example this new OCP has the list of Nature Dress, Tengu Shoes and Menblatt Wing Manteau. 

In a logical way of things I assume that Nature Dress will have the least probability to get let say its 1% or 0.1% and Menblatt wing manteau has the highest probability to get in Rare section. If this is the case, wouldn't it make Menblatt wing manteau not to be rare anymore since MOST of the time in 10th try/step u will have this item? Same goes to the semi-rare section in 5th try/steps.

#124 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:26 AM

i just realized.... 200% drop rate EXP is gone ????????????

#125 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:33 AM

i just realized.... 200% drop rate EXP is gone ????????????

Unfortunately yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users