Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 11 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
720 replies to this topic

#251 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:18 AM

$500/month is still cheaper than opening OCPs. Bring back P2P model please ty

#252 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:27 AM

$500/month is still cheaper than opening OCPs. Bring back P2P model please ty

No one's going to pay for a heavily outdated server.

#253 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:27 PM

But as loyal players, we donate because they want to help Warpportal and we appreciate them for running iRO to keep our precious childhood memories alive! We don’t pay, we simply donate hehehe

#254 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:14 PM

See this is why I never condoned all that ocp crud. Way too much money spent. T.T

#255 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:01 AM

If they got the game up to date, then implement this it's probably going to work :D

#256 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:10 AM

Gonna post this before I forget again lol

Implement a way to counter positioning bug.
My suggestion is an integrated auto-refresh where the client constantly checks player/monster sprites' locations for where they exactly are server-side and constantly slide the sprites to that location over a short period of time. This won't stop or pause animations but make it so that the position of anything you see in the client window actually reflects the actual coordinates on the servers.

Effects:
* you'll be able to see realtime boss monsters' location while they walk up to you when you are attacking them with multiple-hit skills/attacks from a distance.
* getting knocked backed or getting hit while walking will show your actual end position and not the position of where you used to be.

Edited by ninJedi, 11 June 2019 - 08:35 AM.

#257 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:25 AM

Implement item to repair broken items. Don’t know what WoE is like now but back then people used bot FCPs to auto FCP. I don’t care if you don’t ban cheaters or bots but at least give legit players an ez way to repair broken items. More money to Warpportal :)

#258 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:00 AM

If they got the game up to date, then implement this it's probably going to work :D

That's a gigantic IF.

#259 Kershant

Kershant

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:11 PM

ragnarok is hopeless  :heh:  :heh: they open new servers then people make their character rich in zeny in anyway they can like selling cash items, then the management will close the servers then merge characters along with rare items and zeny wipe its a non stop cycle  :heh:  

#260 Cavazak

Cavazak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:43 PM

One idea would be to double-click to talk to any NPC. Well I've been through game cities and I accidentally clicked on the NPC and started a long dialogue and even quests. A solution to this would be double click to start dialogs with NPC's

Edited by Cavazak, 09 June 2019 - 03:44 PM.

#261 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:05 PM

Herb of incantation should show up in the buff window, plus it should show up in stats when the item is used. NO way to tell if it works otherwise. 

#262 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:08 PM

Having other catalysts and misc items (like traps, ninja elemental stones, brewing stuff) visible or assignable to the extra skill shortcut bars would be nice.
They still won't be useable, and pressing the shortcut key for them won't make anything happen. But that way we won't have to open up inventory everytime just to check on the current/remaining amount of these items.

Edited by ninJedi, 11 June 2019 - 08:34 AM.

#263 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:18 AM

If iRO went back to subscription it would definitely challenge my loyalty to the server is all I'm sayin.  :ho:   

Edited by freddym, 10 June 2019 - 05:19 AM.

#264 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:00 AM

Why not make an experiment where you copy all our accounts (from all servers) to a temporary server and see what happens? I know there are a lot of people from one server that do not want people from another server because of so many reasons but desperate times require desperate measures. Decide on the next step after that. If it sucked then we still have the original state of our accounts on the original servers.

#265 Losick

Losick

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLevittown, PA

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:24 AM

I like the idea of more events in game with the GMs.

I logged on to someone playing hide and seek, but I missed out on it.

Perhaps we could have more things like this-- even if it's once a month seeing I understand you're all busy.

Monthly events that lead to long quests that you *Have to* finish that month or you don't get the pay off?

Daily or weekly In town invasions people could stop if they got together and completed a quest or something of that nature so all the people vending don't die?   :heh:

Card turn ins? Example: Bring an NPC 100 cards and he gives you a special OCA or an item. 

#266 Pivorus

Pivorus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:28 PM

I don't think this old server need improvement than just merging it with another.

#267 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:21 PM

All good ideas the last few posts. HIYA MODS! LOokey at their suggestions please! lol

#268 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:24 AM

What's most likely to happen is that these suggestions will be on kRO first before they are shipped back years later to the iRO community that suggested them in the first place lololol

Also,
Expand the maximum amount of members possible in a Guild for the sake of social/tax aspect.
The maximum amount of members that can be actively participating WoE at any given time will still be capped at current max (?52). Any additional members trying to enter the WoE areas while there are already ?52 members inside will be blocked until another slot will be open.

Some of us are tired of having to have:
- Guild A (WoE)
- Guild A1 (Tax)
- Guild A2 (Social)
When having just 1 big unified guild would be way more convenient

Edited by ninJedi, 11 June 2019 - 08:33 AM.

#269 shawnja

shawnja

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:13 PM

Zeny wallet system : one collective wallet for whole account

Increase zeny cap for whole account to 999 billion.

Increase per item vending price cap to 100b

Increase vending limit to 24+ items and add offline vending system- shouldn't need virtual hosting or leave PC on while afk. Ridiculous.

Implement working auction house system somewhat like WoW or FF14 or your mistake of a mobile game: ROM

Increase max storage cap to X# of all different items in the game. Should be able to fit 1 of each item. Probably in the 1000s

Increase max character inventory to 500 OR limited only by 90% weight restriction

Restructure Eden with heal, buff, warp, storage, shop NPCs all in one convenient room WITHOUT chat rooms or vendors- Currently disgusting

Increase shop/chat distance requirement from NPCs

Increase VIP benefits to 300% EXP, 200% drop rate

High level Gramps TI : 151-175

Rotate Gramps maps more often

Bounty boards for EVERY city

Double mob counts on practically every map... Some maps are underwhelming like NCT and Verus

Rework alchemist soul link to allow mass brewing of all colors of potions and glistening coats

3rd expanded classes

Increase amount of separate items you can send via rodex to 10 or 20 plus increase weight limit

Remove exp penalties for monster/player level differences

Increase party share level difference to 25- hard to find groups if just entering new tier of Gramps quests

Permanent Enriched Hammer - Tired of waiting forever to upgrade new items

Daily login bonus for account, not character. Maybe every 30 days = 3 day VIP or 300 KP?

More active responses from GM/Dev team. This thread is a joke. You ask for suggestions but don't give us any ideas what is possible or not. No responses for weeks on end. What can WarpPortal do without Gravity's approval??!

Introduce updates more frequently-
Why don't we try to catch up on content at the same pace you're releasing more cash shop items?? Even private servers are touting current content on par with kRO...

Edited by shawnja, 11 June 2019 - 04:27 PM.

#270 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:15 AM

Here's a small but doable suggestion. 

For all past, present, and future NPCs that have some kind of interaction that requires repetition (like for example, decarding gear in Malangdo) please implement a "try again" button the same way all of the refinement NPCs have.

I think more people learned how to use AHK as a result of decarding than anything else in this game to do away with the tedium of pressing 20 keyboard buttons for a 5% chance to decard. 

This should be absolutely doable by WP without any help from kRO, so please implement it. 

#271 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:06 AM

Wait. So you been telling me I learned to rhythmically press buttons to a certain beat to continuously attempt to decard while making music out of my keyboard and mouse? There’s an easier way? <_<

#272 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:18 AM

Wait. So you been telling me I learned to rhythmically press buttons to a certain beat to continuously attempt to decard while making music out of my keyboard and mouse? There’s an easier way? <_<

Gray matter of AHK and Macro Pulover.

#273 IJNRakki

IJNRakki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:36 PM

Centralize the Bounty Boards into one 'npc' and place it in Eden

[Bounty Board] //Monster Hunting Requests are Posted here

>Check Board //Now where should I go hunt?
-Select Town
--Select Level Range //The monsters posted seems to have a range of difficulty. 
---Select Monster [No Confirmation needed, Returns to Select Monster until Back/Exit/Cancel is selected]
---Hunt All
---Back
---Exit
--Back
-Exit

>Submit Bounty (Use the same script as Gramps' "Reward Me!" for detecting completed bounties)
-Select Exp (VIP)

>Cancel Bounty //Maybe next time...
--Select Town
---Select Level Range (Then use 'I want to quit hunting script' from the current Bounty Boards)
--Cancel All (This should help clear bounties that you lost interest in completing)
--Back

>Exit

Also if possible increase the Zeny reward of higher level bounties up to a maximum of 500,000z/bounty

#274 IJNRakki

IJNRakki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:43 PM

Here's a small but doable suggestion. 

For all past, present, and future NPCs that have some kind of interaction that requires repetition (like for example, decarding gear in Malangdo) please implement a "try again" button the same way all of the refinement NPCs have.

I think more people learned how to use AHK as a result of decarding than anything else in this game to do away with the tedium of pressing 20 keyboard buttons for a 5% chance to decard. 

This should be absolutely doable by WP without any help from kRO, so please implement it. 

It's like whoever made the script does not know the concept of efficiency, or is a massive sadist

#275 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:44 AM

Centralize the Bounty Boards into one 'npc' and place it in Eden

[Bounty Board] //Monster Hunting Requests are Posted here

>Check Board //Now where should I go hunt?
-Select Town
--Select Level Range //The monsters posted seems to have a range of difficulty. 
---Select Monster [No Confirmation needed, Returns to Select Monster until Back/Exit/Cancel is selected]
---Hunt All
---Back
---Exit
--Back
-Exit

>Submit Bounty (Use the same script as Gramps' "Reward Me!" for detecting completed bounties)
-Select Exp (VIP)

>Cancel Bounty //Maybe next time...
--Select Town
---Select Level Range (Then use 'I want to quit hunting script' from the current Bounty Boards)
--Cancel All (This should help clear bounties that you lost interest in completing)
--Back

>Exit

Also if possible increase the Zeny reward of higher level bounties up to a maximum of 500,000z/bounty

If you want them localized in addition to the way they are now, that's fine, but the precious seconds currently matter in a few areas when you're on a BMX3 and have to rush to the bounty board to turn it in before it expires. 

If you forced me to go through Eden every time, I'd be upset about it.  

If anything, I'd argue the spawn point in towns should be placed so the bounty boards are in view of where you spawn in. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users