Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 12 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
720 replies to this topic

#276 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:56 AM

It would be great if everything was primarily located in one single area, with the boards all in one or two npc without going to eden. But something that perfect just sounds too good to be true or happen.  BUt we can hope, because I do feel ya on the BMX3 sentiment. Time is money. 

#277 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:06 AM

you mean giving iRO the final pserver touch

#278 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:10 AM

idk about you guys, but having the Payon or NCT bounty boards moved to Prontera sounds very inconvenient

Edited by ninJedi, 14 June 2019 - 07:11 AM.

#279 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:52 AM

Not to mention how much of a cluster-fork Eden already is. The game should encourage spreading people to different places than just having a literal one-stop shop for everything. 

#280 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:27 AM

Not to mention how much of a cluster-fork Eden already is. The game should encourage spreading people to different places than just having a literal one-stop shop for everything. 

It would not be that way if chats and shops were banned from those maps.

There should be massive separate maps just for those. One for shops, one for chats.

Ideally with a floor designed to indicate appropriate distance between shops/chats to see all of them without overlapping.

#281 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

It would not be that way if chats and shops were banned from those maps.

There should be massive separate maps just for those. One for shops, one for chats.

Ideally with a floor designed to indicate appropriate distance between shops/chats to see all of them without overlapping.

I 100% agree. 

#282 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:14 PM

Agreed. I was just amazed once eden group first began, that the space allowed for chat boxes was almost the entirety of the map. Way too dizzying walking in there. Each main city should just have an npc with al lthe quests from the boards standing right next to the kafra chicks. 

#283 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:52 AM

I mean Eden is already a tiny tiny map you can basically get anywhere you need to be in two clicks, I would much rather have a mass of people there than searching for someone I don't know somewhere in Rachael field 3? *Shrugs*  :heh: :wah:

Edited by freddym, 16 June 2019 - 06:53 AM.

#284 shawnja

shawnja

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:36 AM

Still no responses from the people that can make the changes. Shocking

#285 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:46 AM

Plot twist: This thread is actually for the RO:Zero team.

#286 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:18 PM

Has to all go through google translate first.

#287 Dadiris

Dadiris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:13 PM

Well, you guys could give an option for the SP bar to be visible, so the sorcerers will be aware if the AB or any other sp dependant class is in need of it.. 

The Stalkers should be able to toggle the skill "preserve", so they wouldn't be screwed if they forget to use it and copy a random -_-ty skill.

The auto-feed function for the homunculus / pets should be available asap so people won't lose hours of dedication if they forget to feed the homun.

And the most important thing.. If the game code won't let you increase the max zeny you can carry, put a npc in the city that converts 1.000.000.000 zeny into a token some other item, so if you need to buy something for 5.5b, you can trade 5 tokens + 500m and convert the tokens for zeny when you need it.

#288 Dadiris

Dadiris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:26 PM

Oh yeah, and give the option to donate 100% base exp for the guild, so people wouldn't waste hours committing suicide to keep the level they want.

#289 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:19 AM

Well, you guys could give an option for the SP bar to be visible, so the sorcerers will be aware if the AB or any other sp dependant class is in need of it.. 

The Stalkers should be able to toggle the skill "preserve", so they wouldn't be screwed if they forget to use it and copy a random -_-ty skill.

The auto-feed function for the homunculus / pets should be available asap so people won't lose hours of dedication if they forget to feed the homun.

And the most important thing.. If the game code won't let you increase the max zeny you can carry, put a npc in the city that converts 1.000.000.000 zeny into a token some other item, so if you need to buy something for 5.5b, you can trade 5 tokens + 500m and convert the tokens for zeny when you need it.

Oh yeah, and give the option to donate 100% base exp for the guild, so people wouldn't waste hours committing suicide to keep the level they want.

I have been on board with those ideas for years. The option to stop exp or job exp would be enough. BUt to donate it would be cool for ones guild mates or guild itself. The tokens representing billions though it sounds good, were never done before due to duping fears. But I still salivate about having even close to a billion zeny. I never got that close T.T

#290 Dadiris

Dadiris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:17 PM

I have been on board with those ideas for years. The option to stop exp or job exp would be enough. BUt to donate it would be cool for ones guild mates or guild itself. The tokens representing billions though it sounds good, were never done before due to duping fears. But I still salivate about having even close to a billion zeny. I never got that close T.T

You can create 2 accounts, have one merchant buy some itens (start with strawberry if you don't have much money) and sell it with higher price, then move to bm3 / safes when you have at least 100m. Use ragial.com to see the prices and put a little cheaper if you are selling, or put a little higher if you are buying.

And with the other account you can have a blacksmith / mastersmith / mechanic and go to magdun 2, if you're not strong enough to kill the mobs there (using lava floor + axe tornado), keep greeding the loot that people leave behind since that place is almost always full, you can get 500k - 1m by selling the loot to the npc.

#291 thiagomestres

thiagomestres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:28 PM

I suggest events where certain cash items would drop from certain monsters for a limited time.

For example: for a week, there'd be a small chance of Rideword dropping a Rideword Hat.

A lot of the monsters in this game don't drop anything valuable, so an event like this would make farming these monsters more rewarding.

It would also encourage players to change maps every now and then, making farming less repetitive.

Another suggestion i have is making an event where a temporary NPC would sell some untradeable rental items for zeny to help classes whose equipment is really expensive.

That would not only encourage poor players to create and test characters that they would normally never create, but also help reduce the amount of zeny in the server.

Edited by thiagomestres, 19 June 2019 - 10:41 PM.

#292 Akreis

Akreis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Chaos/Loki/Thor

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:01 PM

We need more bacon.

On a more serious note there isn't much that can be done to restore RO to its former glory. Makes me sad. My biggest concern currently is with how cash shop is going with all this ocp stuff. But I ain't gonna question it, the damage has been done. :V other than that, not a fan of how crowded Eden is with all those chats and vends while npc and boards are just above all that, quite laggy. Would like to see chat rooms have their own room or separate area similar to the vends are upstairs. Hate accidentally clicking people's chat rooms. Much awkward. Very nope.

Edited by Akreis, 21 June 2019 - 04:15 AM.

#293 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:31 PM

Hate accidentally clicking people's chat rooms. Much awkward. Very nope.

Ctrl + F11

Edited by Ilindith, 20 June 2019 - 04:31 PM.

#294 Akreis

Akreis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Chaos/Loki/Thor

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:15 AM

Ctrl + F11

Still laggy af

#295 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:39 AM

You can create 2 accounts, have one merchant buy some itens (start with strawberry if you don't have much money) and sell it with higher price, then move to bm3 / safes when you have at least 100m. Use ragial.com to see the prices and put a little cheaper if you are selling, or put a little higher if you are buying.

And with the other account you can have a blacksmith / mastersmith / mechanic and go to magdun 2, if you're not strong enough to kill the mobs there (using lava floor + axe tornado), keep greeding the loot that people leave behind since that place is almost always full, you can get 500k - 1m by selling the loot to the npc.

ITs never worked well for me. I have a Super Newbis  that can vend, but I suppose I just never got around to doing any big buys or transactions. lol IM silly :P

#296 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 05:50 PM

Donuts are not giving the full +50 atk and matk.  Apparently, they only give so much based upon level. My lvl 25 swordsman only gets +3, whereas my lvl 99 GX gets + 20 atk & matk. THats sucks because takoyaki used to give the full +50 for 10 minutes like the description says. PLease reword the item or fix it so it gives the full + 50 stat boost it is supposed to. Thanks.  Oh and the Fearus Faire is broken, just like the 2018 Christmas Event, where the boss was WAY too strong for most people to fight. A red  Ferrus with over 240 million hp and a green Ferrus with 99 million would kill anyone under lvl 150 easily. ANd doc and marty are back, just like in the xmas event. lol WHY?! Could there just be some bosses for players of different levels so eveyone can take part in the annivesary event? A simple option before entering would be easy for you devs to put in, and it would be okay if it gave appropriate amounts to people ( Lvl 40+ only get up to 15 coins, lvl 90+ only get 30 coins, and lvl 140+ can get the full 75 coins). THanks!

Edited by DuskShadowX, 21 June 2019 - 05:51 PM.

#297 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:52 PM

Im sure people have mentioned it by now, but I'm looking forward to Soul Linker and TKM expansions. Used to main both of them until Renewal came and snuffed them (and not in a good way).

#298 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:43 AM

Improve the QoL of playing some classes:
> Fix the bug that prevents Expanded Classes from losing base/job exp at level 99
> Add a Note window beside ChatRoom/Vend Window so players can leave behind messages that people passing by can read.

Star Gladiator/TKM
> Increase max job level to Job Lvl 70 to match other expanded classes
> Increase normal attack range by 2-3 cells when activating SLS Heat.
     - Or maybe allow splash damage. "Heat" can spread through conduction/convection/radiation method afterall.
> Give SLS Heat an additional 2 hits per second (without knockback) in a 5x5 cell range (1 cell range outside current 3x3 aoe with the knockback) to make it more effective at dealing damage for crowd control.

Priest Jobs
> Reduce weight of Blue Gemstones to 1? or 2
> Increase Ancilla max amount capacity
> Allow Mercenaries to be included for Coluseo Heal, Praefatio, Clementia, Cantocandidus, Magnificat, other party-buff-skills, etc.

Ninja Jobs
> Fix Flip Tatami Mat or maybe give it additional effect like temporary +Flee/PDodge after casting.
> Changes to Snow Flake Draft:
     - Make it a targettable skill and not just weird version of Frost Nova. OR reduce the cast delay so it doesn't get you killed when it doesn't kill monsters, even the freeze effect chance isn't currently reliable enough for surviveability.
     - Increase AoE size.
> Fix 16th Night to properly reset buff duration and not just the cooldown.

Rangers
> Make Blitz Beat preserve its 5 hits even when fresh out of ranger job change. Or maybe add a skill/mechanic where it unlocks additional 2-5 hits as ranger job.
> Let Arrow Crafting or opening Arrow Quivers work even when above 50% weight capacity. Maybe cap at 70% weight?
     - possibly add Traps/Special Alloy Traps to crafting results?
> Changes to Fire Trap, Ice Trap, and Bomb Cluster:
     - Remove trap prep-time (from time of placement to when it can start exploding)
     - Remove stay-time for Ice Trap and Bomb Cluster (doesn't immediately vanish right after detonation right now)
> Adjust Bomb Cluster placement restrictions:
     - Make it placeable 1-cell beside entities? Monsters need to be standing in exactly the same cell to activate it anyways.
     - Remove this stupid-ass restriction: "Placement is blocked by NPC's, Pets, Homunculi, and Mercenaries" >:/
     You just made the uncommon build even harder to play inside instances/parties.
     - Or just make it placeable under everything just like Fire/Ice Trap.
> Changes to Elemental Change Traps(Magenta/Cobalt/Maze/Verdure Traps):
     - Remove the suicidal skill delay after casting Element Change Traps. Or maybe reduce to 1 sec or less.
     - Add possibility to affect boss-protocol monsters with these traps but with short duration instead of permanent change, just like Sorcerers' Insignia skills.
> Every 5 levels of Trap Research, increase Fire/Ice Trap and Bomb Cluster AoE by 1 more cell, and increase the maximum number of active traps for Fire/Ice Trap and Bomb Cluster by 1 more trap.

Alchemist Jobs
> Allow Homunculi and Mercenaries to also be targeted by Aid Condensed Potion skill.
> Increase summon duration of Summon Flora as Geneticist, or maybe add another branch for stronger plant summons like Musciplar, Drosera, Nepenthes, etc.
> Better brewing UI with "brew previous potion-type" option as first on the brewing list.
> Allow Bloodsucker to do multiple hits when stacking multiple casts on the same target.
> Changes to Spore Explosion:
     - Allow multiple countdowns/casts to stack on multiple enemies.
     - Change skill mechanic to also explode immediately when the target hosts die.
> Add more items + better recipes to Change Material list, and tweak current recipes to make them less wasteful/pointless.

Blacksmith Jobs
> Add a new "Forge Elemental Armor" skill branch to give forging smiths more purpose for early/mid-game

Spoiler Current Available Elemental Armors

Spoiler Proposed Smith-Forged Armors

Rogue Jobs
> Change the way damage is applied to skills that have knockback/location change:
     - Damage is applied after being warped when using Snatch, not before. So the monster dies in the new location instead and item drops aren't left behind.
> Add some use to the forgotten graffiti skills instead of just pointless skilltree requirement for Shadow Chasers

Warlock Jobs
> Changes to Waterball:
     - Can be cast even without water, but with the downside that it only deals 10%-50% of original damage.
     - Make the skill recognize nearby sources of water like those unreachable shorelines, nearby sewer canals, and maybe even snow/ice. (up to 5-7 cells away) Doesn't need to be standing directly on top of it
     - Introduce "Mystic Bottled Water" item that casts Deluge Lvl 1?

Improved Mercenary System
> Introduce "Mercenary Increase HP/SP Potion" item. Adds +20% to max HP&SP of mercenary
> Introduce "Mercenary White Potion" item. Heals for higher amount.
> Introduce Lvl 120, Lvl 140, and Lvl 160 Mercenaries.
> When a mercenary recieves a stat bonus after gaining 1 loyalty point, the added bonuses stack together instead of replacing each other. Having a stronger bonus replaced by weaker bonus doesn't make sense.
> For every cumulative loyalty point (meaning it counts total loyalty with that mercenary guild, not just loyalty from current summon), the mercenary recieves: +25 Max HP, +5 Max SP, +2 Atk/Matk, +1 Flee, +1 Hit
> Whenever a mercenary gains a loyalty point, or for every 50 kills, the Mercenary recovers 30% Max HP, and 10% Max SP
> Remove "reduce heals to mercenaries by 50%" game mechanic to make it easier to keep them alive, or relax this restriction a bit.

> Remove "buying Lvl 10 Mercenary Scrolls consumes 400 loyalty points" game mechanic or reduce the cost to 25-50 Loyalty points so it's easier(and less frustrating) to gain access to these mercenaries again.

Edited by ninJedi, 07 July 2019 - 07:42 PM.

#299 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:29 AM

Can we get an update from the staff in regards to this thread and when we will hear back from the team about the suggestions?

#300 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:42 PM

H8lep9K.png

69Nctd2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic