Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 9 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
723 replies to this topic

#201 Name85738

Name85738

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:26 AM

jumping jane event after classic closed 

#202 PaulEdward

PaulEdward

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:09 AM

1. Implement Job Costume

2. Disable OP gears in WoE or furthermore reduce the damage taken inside the maps by an additional 15%

3. Improve VIP Privilege ( additional 1 valid entry to Endless Tower)

4. Revamp the Endless Tower MVPs try putting in Kiel, TGK in higher floors... Ifrit is useless -_-, GTB should be on higher floor.

#203 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:11 AM

WOE theme:
Fight for your castle for certain month the guild who conquer and hold castle for longest period would receive:
-OCP or WPE for certain point (100 kp for member or 300 for guild leader)
-old ocp gear maybe.
-have all guild member and all participant receive raffle which grant them prize. VIP user has 2 double chance.

#204 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:12 AM

Having OCP as WoE reward is a correct suggestion and many players seem to agree with this idea. Though, the problem with WoE participants receiving reward is that people will bring in alts.

This issue can be solved with that VIP should be character bound. Buff VIP with better benefits and make it character bound only. It’s only fair if players want to farm two time faster or receive benefits twice, the player needs to pay VIP twice too.

Limiting alts will also solve many chorionic problems. One of these is monopoly and market saturation from instances.

#205 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:40 PM

Coming back from the abyss to give my thoughts. Here are a few of my ideas to improve RO. First, merge Chaos, Thor and Restart. Or merge Thor and Chaos and just totally scrap Restart. It was a joke from the beginning anyway. Second, create a new server that can be customized as the community wants, migrate all settings, accounts, characters, items and customizations from the Classic server over. This way, nothing is "baked in" any more, and Classic can get some real custom updates. Third and finally, fix bugs. See avatar for just one of many examples. (BTW enchantable costumes and OCP were the worst thing to happen to the Renewal server... like ever.)

EDIT- I just saw the thread announcing Loki's closure. Well, scratch #2 off my list. Typical WP.

Edited by belld1711, 27 May 2019 - 04:11 PM.

#206 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:15 PM

can we have a summary of what we've gotten so far? and what you've decided to do? it's been 2 weeks since OP posted.

#207 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

can we have a summary of what we've gotten so far? and what you've decided to do? it's been 2 weeks since OP posted.

they won't do any of this lol this is wp we're talking about. they only listen to "veteran players". so in short, this thread is just for "we'll post a thread so people will think we're doing something" 

#208 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:25 PM

they won't do any of this lol this is wp we're talking about. they only listen to "veteran players". so in short, this thread is just for "we'll post a thread so people will think we're doing something" 

^^^

#209 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:07 PM

ye, just buying time, just like they did with the WoE thread. all they did from those 20 pages was the BG reward adjustion, so basically nothing. You can expect the same here.

#210 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:33 PM

Increase effectiveness of Juice items (Apple Juice, Carrot Juice, Banana Juice, and especially Grape Juice). I'd like to focus more on Grape juice because grapes are rare enough to drop but too little effectiveness in Fruit and Juice forms for restoring SP. The other juices makes for alternative hp healing items instead of the usual ones.

I know it's a little kRO update implemented years before and I don't know how much improvement they made to it. I'm hoping warpportal can do better at it.

#211 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:22 AM

My RO experience would be 1000% improve if the lag in the server is non existent. As of now it so laggy to play especially when lots of people log in to do quests after work hours. Perhaps it just my bad net but it could be at your end too so kindly look into it. thanks.

#212 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:46 AM

My RO experience would be 1000% improve if the lag in the server is non existent. As of now it so laggy to play especially when lots of people log in to do quests after work hours. Perhaps it just my bad net but it could be at your end too so kindly look into it. thanks.

Hamster steroids are difficult to find.

#213 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

Fix Kagerou Kunai Skills!!

#214 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:04 PM

here is a sugestion.

let the players know when you listen to them

#215 MistyDayHealing

MistyDayHealing

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationProntera Sanctuary

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:09 PM

Hi everyone, here are some ideals from me:

- Change of items looting system so that drops from monsters go directly to player's bag. All players have a small chance (as always) to get rare drops and a (high or average,etc as always) chance to get normal drops. Party share is applied to this differently from before and in party set up there is no "pick up" setting anymore. In party with "items shared" on, normal drops are shared completely, if one in a party with "items shared" on gets A normal items and their mates in that particular party can get A normal items too, rare drops depend on each player's luck (not luck stat) and are not shared, because all players in a party have a chance of getting  a rare drop for themselves. MVP directly sent awards are not affected by this system but other drops from MVP are. The system on the other hand may disable the "loot" characteristic of "looter" monsters cause there are no drops on the ground, however, they can still eat the items by invisibly looting the items and there is a sign for players to know if one looter monster has eaten the drops. I also visualize how players can abuse this system by using many characters on a pc to increase the rare drops rate. So I think there must be a restriction on client number for this looting system to work.

- alternative to the mentioned above is that items drop on the ground, that normal, high rate drops are shared to all party members, rare drops remain the same like before. 

- Addition of support rank in MVP. The one who supports the most can get MVP rewards too. But the points only count when duration of buffs wear off and they cast again, so they can not spam and need to be faster than other supports if there are. They don't gain the rank points spamming heal while the HP of their supported targets is full. 

- Redesign and update of quest log window.

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading.

Edited by MistyDayHealing, 30 May 2019 - 12:33 AM.

#216 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:06 AM

Can I request class specific?

Increase AB/Sura warp portal locations. Having only 3 extra locations is kinda sad.

And to think it's the company's namesake..

Also, fix all the item descriptions and functions.

#217 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:22 AM

Actually, just get this update and we are good to go lol

https://youtu.be/VLjyJaDE6TQ

#218 KunKnee

KunKnee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • Twitter:@kunknee

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:45 AM

I want that new exploding Cart Cannon

#219 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:55 AM

Make leveling super easy from 1-100.
Jumping Jane NPC permanent to 30days VIP.
OCP reward to WoE.
OCP combo with in-game items.
More challenging MVPs/Instances.

#220 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

Wild suggestion:
Access to a more updated Monster Encyclopedia in-game would be nice too.
Kind of like a Pokédex but for RO.
Or maybe integrate access to online databases (like divine-pride and irowiki) to make it faster/easier.

I like how the navigation panel shows monster size, element, and race. But some of the other important stuff are hard to research while in-game unless you can cast Sense.

#221 cjaramis

cjaramis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 03:20 PM

Uncle Campitor & Guardians of RO Galaxy,

2 cents on things you can control:

More community events in game:

- Tournaments PvP

- Race to X

- City Invasions
- Some random MVPs in TI

- Warpportal castle in WoE, come face our armies

- Engage with your players, even if to ban cheaters (like Uncle Oda used to do). 

- Events like ragnarok got talent, ragnarok share event are all nice, but we dont get to play the same game together.

Put your players in the spotlight:

- Do you have the toolkit to have a Class Ranking, best RK of the server, best Gene... put some metrics in place and let people have fun reaching the top. Reward the monthly top 3 with some wpe, even if small amounts, just for recognition.

Make the game accesible

- Define 3-4 npcs that have to be available in key locations and roll out: kafra, eden, guild storage, warper.

- Sell slim white potions. Let people pot their heart content and roll instances without the supply barrier entry. Same for any must have consumable item.

- Give us paramarket, sell stuff there for people to enchant and try new stuff, malagno enchants and stones are becoming nonsense expensive. Ro is full of hoarders, discourage that if you want to see new generations coming in bigger numbers and staying.

Stop the account bound of irrelevant stuff:

- Brown shadow gears (whats the point?), unfrozen shadow gear (not needed, let people sell stuff)

- RWC accesories, way surpassed by Kafra Shop Gear, let people trade, sell.

- Mora, instances coins, open market.

We dont need 200/100 level and what-not class if you only make the experience more user friendly, less abrasive for newbies. At least some of the above you can change without Soju-drinking overlords.

Peace out.

#222 SrRinio

SrRinio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:02 AM

Well, i was waiting since 2017 some updates and itens like these

-Nightmare Old Glast Heim
-Shadow Chaser Job Update
-Verus Excellion Suit

And itens:

-Several itens for Super Novice, like the Barrel Helmet, that gives Mental Strenght, or Meteor Strike,
-The Madogum (ye, i was waiting until today): https://www.divine-p...se/item/28744/2
-The 16.2 Swords with jRO effects (that makes a combo with Yin Yang Talisman)

Ye, its all about autocasts, because its my style to play, i like to play with many autocasts builds as possible but its a bit frustating to wait for these things while we, the autocasters are at the bottom of the list of priority

#223 Aboed

Aboed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationIn A Galaxy Far, Far Away

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:33 AM

I love it when random people stop to talk to me while I am out and about in the game. I wish more people stopped me to ask random questions.

:p_smile: yes, actually got a few of those too. The past week since seems rather lively

I'll repeat what's probably already said, 

-Expand bounty boards: BB's are a blessing, more boards = more variety more good leveling spots

-Expand mob rotation in gramps: I don't agree with 150+ TI because High TI rotation is little as is, there need/should be already many new mobs to be added to it.

-Expand eve natalia, merry badger: Allowing more in game items to stay relevant.

-Expand VIP perks: A lounge was rumored? I'm imagining an eden without all the vends / pubs / clatter but with all the access to storage, warps, repairs and buffs

-Expand seasonal events: Feels like whoever's job on making events is already doing a good job, so keep them coming.

-I'd like to fix woe, but we had a whole other thread for that

#224 AdventureAwaits

AdventureAwaits

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:31 AM

• What do you feel about a/an WP/iRO official ​Discord?

I agree with this. Let's have official iRO/WP discord  :thx:

#225 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:42 AM

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Better client safety shield (doesn't matter if it blocks bot)
  • Better handling of SPAM/RMT/BOT issues
  • Better starter guide link (I actually had to go and stumble upon it when I was like in the mid game already and got pissed)
  • A discord channel where we can actually talk to GMs? :)
  • Ban hammer youtube vids pls (boosts confidence)
  • Appreciate your new ticket system where REAL GMs do it ^^
  • Better advertising and brand quote like iRO (the original MMORPG) kind of thing LOL

Will add more in the future.

-Vlad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users