Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 14 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#326 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:47 PM

-> Do a rework on zeny management in general, by increasing the amount of zenys a player can hold, implementing bank system, or something else. (the "above zeny limit" trade is huge nowdays, with the limitations of zenys on shops and trade, making difficult to store and manage huge amount of zenys, and being kinda "risky" for huge trades like mvp cards).

This definitely needs to be done, we need a bigger zeny limit, or some npc we can trade 1billion zeny into gold bars (1 Gold Bar = 1 Billion Zeny) So we can trade 40 gold bars for a card etc or something like this so trades don't take weeks to process. I have been trying to sell some rare items for days and this process is really putting me off.

#327 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:56 PM

The thing is this thread was made for the Kro Gravity Studio. Most likely we won't get a response. And the suggestions here would likely be implemented in KRO and maybe decades after for iRO.

Edited by IgnotusCarl, 02 August 2019 - 03:57 PM.

#328 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:03 PM

They gotta do something fast or players gonna get annoyed like me and stop logging in lol

#329 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 August 2019 - 06:30 PM

They really did something fast (and stupid I think) like by allowing the bounty boards to award players with a zeny reward (Lvl of monster x 100) that is so low and newbie deterrent that a High level monster can't even give a useful zeny reward(37500) like last time.

#330 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:34 PM

I feel like every once in a while they have to keep our hopes up to keep is engaged in the game.

#331 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:49 AM

How to improve iRO = get ahead with the updates, so the community doesn't ask 1 by 1

#332 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:10 AM

that turned out well, again.

#333 Raemiel

Raemiel

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:40 AM

I would like to suggest a War of Emperium event..for example in a span of 2-3 months the Guild that conquered more castle and the Guild that able to defend a castle the most will win a prize :)

#334 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:48 PM

I want AOE Adoramus and ME can hit every type of monsters  like KRO    :<

#335 AAABBBCCCDDD

AAABBBCCCDDD

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 September 2019 - 02:56 PM

When an archer equips arrow, the equipment costume interface shows the arrow in front of the image of the archer. The arrow blocks the image. Can you remove the arrow from the equipment costume interface? 

#336 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:10 AM

Please remove no exp from gramps once you hit level 150....... i understand why this was put it when the level cap went from 150 upwards but that was a long time ago. i want to go 150+ and so do many others.. 

#337 tlc9711LOgo

tlc9711LOgo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:41 PM

Suggestion

>Add Gramps advance turn-in for player above 150 to 175

>Allow VIP players to access all the TI dungeon (mostly for farming)

#338 Squishyyy

Squishyyy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Location~

Posted 29 October 2019 - 03:30 AM

-I don't know a lot of the kRO updates, but maybe expand the channel system  (like the one in Izlude) to include the eden group map. I am having difficulty even seeing or clicking on the NPCs even with chats and shops off . Same for Prontera. My suggestion is to have a dedicated map for vendors and to expand the booking system to include chats (e.g. R>AB 110+ would make it so if you were an 110~125 AB you would see the recruitment in booking. I know that would be like a whole new thing in terms of code, but it's nice QoL). 

-Zoom in/ Zoom out with mouse scroll wheel should be reversed.

-Quest Window needs reworking entirely. Quests that are expired should be removed. Quests should be more streamlined and organized. 

-Begin working on NPC spelling and grammar errors. If you want a list, I can make you one but it will take a while as they are everywhere. 

-Focus on updates to first and second classes above third. This will provide incentive for low level leveling and farming and put more pressure on bots that frequent those areas due to player outcry. Provide incentives for 'walking' around instead of using kafra teleport and eden teleport. There are a lot of cool maps never seen.

-This is out of left field, but maybe make monsters in the culvert not be mob aggressive. Most early classes (even swordies) struggle with renewal thief bug mobs. Prerenewal they didn't hurt so much, but now if you upset one you can easily be in over your head. 

-Do world events that cycle through previous episodes and add increased drop or exp to that region to help boost the economy and keep supply up : Ifrit, Satan Morroc, beelzbub, etc. 

It also decreases pressure on GMs to create new content if existing content is given more benefit. (This is different from gramps turn ins).

ps: I love the MVP item return npc in eden as it helps prevent economy overflow. 

#339 3412140103193930447

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:40 AM

The suggestions on this page are glorious.

-Zeny limit increase please.
-removing the TI level restriction to be able to revisit old TIs.
-include a TI range for 150+ players.
-Having a big dedicated map for vendors sounds super cool

#340 Addicted To Forging

Addicted To Forging

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:28 PM

As my name speaks ^_^

Make Forging items alive similar to crimson items <3

Make a PK event from time to time like a "Purge Day"

Make Game Challenging or Harder specially opening OCPs (i dont know if people will agree on this one)

Make Inter Server WOE like 3 Castles with Chaos server and Thor Server getting that castle. (something similar to chaos vs thor)

Confiscate dupe zennies/items.(not all are aware that there are dupes even zennies)

Make some changes in high refines compared to low refined items.

Make a counter part for GTB in WOE/PVP.

New cards/monsters/dungeons (easy access)

Make baby stats comparable to normal characters when reached a high level. (can be maxed to 130 or 120 so temp boots can be worn)

Make different colors in omni dye clothing.

Make a haircut thats bald and shiny.

*i dont know how to make it better but i would love to see ragnarok online in a challenging game

releasing the OCPs made the life easier imagine yggdrasil ascension. rare items in ocp/ygg ascension is not

rare anymore. i would love to see if you want a rare item you have to burn something for it.

like God items you have to have dedication/commitment. I respect everyone in this post. Anyways its just my opinion.

#341 mokoag

mokoag

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:44 AM

Turn it into a not pay to win game, I know VIP are the biggest part of your bussiness but, how do other games that are not pay to win have the most of the online players? they balance the game between vip and no vip, but they offer nice and well made content for vip so they encourage gamers to play a fair and funny game and in the other hand they gain more chances of gettin more vip or cash players because they have more players in general. Sorry about my spelling and writting but not my main laguange. 

By the way I know Ragnarok is an old game and gamers are more into new games with better graphics and stuff but there is  now a "boom" of old school games because of their deep content and hardcore mechanics. Ragnarok have the potential to be much better than it is right now really unbalanced and with no endgame sense, because of the same reason. Returnees and old players still loving ragnarok because of nostalgic but we still want a better and more alive game, or just let it die and give us something new and fresh but not like ragnarok online 2 hahaha. Something with that lovely and greatful esence of ragnarok online that makes it the best game in the century hahah.

Greetings!

Turn it into a not pay to win game, I know VIP are the biggest part of your bussiness but, how do other games that are not pay to win have the most of the online players? they balance the game between vip and no vip, but they offer nice and well made content for vip so they encourage gamers to play a fair and funny game and in the other hand they gain more chances of gettin more vip or cash players because they have more players in general. Sorry about my spelling and writting but not my main laguange. 

By the way I know Ragnarok is an old game and gamers are more into new games with better graphics and stuff but there is  now a "boom" of old school games because of their deep content and hardcore mechanics. Ragnarok have the potential to be much better than it is right now really unbalanced and with no endgame sense, because of the same reason. Returnees and old players still loving ragnarok because of nostalgic but we still want a better and more alive game, or just let it die and give us something new and fresh but not like ragnarok online 2 hahaha. Something with that lovely and greatful esence of ragnarok online that makes it the best play in the century hahah.

Greetings!

Edited by mokoag, 14 November 2019 - 10:49 AM.

#342 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:02 PM

Transparency.

If company needs contractual profit, ask players for ideas to cash shop and take them seriously.

If can't deal with all bots, discuss with the community the possibilities.

Same with dupe problem.

Like my old teacher said: "I hate surprises".

Stop trying to make huge surprises by your own and impress everyone. Solve the game problems with your community.

#343 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:53 PM

I'd like to see another level on ant hell, orc dungeon, culverts and maybe Geffen Mine.  The DS game had an MVP in the mines I think so maybe a new MVP for it too, give life to abandoned dungeons

I would like to see the Shaman from the DS game added in too, maybe the shaman set that came with the ds game could be given a new set bonus when worn by shaman class

Since the Kafra shop is gone, maybe ways in game earn utility items like the kafra cards and dungeon teleport scrolls, maybe only through holidays or certain events if you want to keep it restricted

Maybe improve old quest headgear to make it worth the effort.  Magician's Hat, Alarm Mask, and especially the orc hero helm all take a lot of materials but the reward is very lackluster compared to newer helms.  Either adding exp gain or damage reduction from monsters relating to the hats

#344 Squishyyy

Squishyyy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Location~

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:45 PM

I'd like to see another level on ant hell, orc dungeon, culverts and maybe Geffen Mine.  The DS game had an MVP in the mines I think so maybe a new MVP for it too, give life to abandoned dungeons

I would like to see the Shaman from the DS game added in too, maybe the shaman set that came with the ds game could be given a new set bonus when worn by shaman class

Since the Kafra shop is gone, maybe ways in game earn utility items like the kafra cards and dungeon teleport scrolls, maybe only through holidays or certain events if you want to keep it restricted

Maybe improve old quest headgear to make it worth the effort.  Magician's Hat, Alarm Mask, and especially the orc hero helm all take a lot of materials but the reward is very lackluster compared to newer helms.  Either adding exp gain or damage reduction from monsters relating to the hats

I've discussed this a lot with my friends. I felt like the DS game was really good, but came with a lot of missed opportunities. I expected a shadow teaser for dark knight and shaman or some of the added content. Instead, the Hermode's cap, bjofilnir feather and aumdhura's benefit all but obselete. I read there were even costumes of these 'pre-order only' item (cannot confirm). That said, I hold no ill will, merely see it as one of many missed opportunities. As king said, they are still there. Instead of trying to create content from scratch that takes time effort and money, use existing content. I don't know how much sway iRO has with how they manage its content. I know there were strict limitations when I last played (4 years ago). That said, it seems like the policy is to raise the level cap and create more powerful monster dungeons rather than expand endgame content. If the policy is to expand level cap and create higher level dungeons, then continuing to create 'nightmare' versions of low level dungeons does seem like the best idea. I actually quite like the instances the more I hear and read about them. I do fear that the current system is pulling players further and further away from each other, and pushing them more and more towards soloing. Take ET, for instance (no pun intended). Disabling multi-clienting is an option, but the work arounds of that suggest a more simple solution. In addition, the max level cap increases (each time they occur) fundamentally change the balance of how players interact with the game.

I don't see any major changes occurring any time soon, especially with the cash shop down. I'm ok with that.

Messing with headgear items to fix balance is a solution, but I don't know if it is the optimal one. This could easily make things worse. I think having costumes with stats was a step back. This said, I'm sure there are plenty of people who still would love to wear crunchy toast or magicians hat just because it's cute. The 'hatters' that usually finish the quests do it more for the look as those quest hats never did a LOT to gameplay, even in classic. They were always worth the effort, just not for practical reasons. 

There are a lot of things RO COULD change, but prioritizing what needs fixing and changing should be bugs and broken quest npcs before any and all QoL. With the amount of existing bugs/broken quests/duped items/other related issues including hardware databases and network, it is understandable why having the server down for 2months is necessary for any update. Before doing any major changes, I would like to fix what's already broken in RO. That is all :)

#345 5562191016084301830

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:46 PM

Get rid of the cash shop.  IRO shouldn't be more pay to win than most pirate servers out there. 

#346 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:26 AM

i use to complain but give up and just follow the flow lol but seriously please remove gramps TI, or do a duplicate/doppelganger version of mob that just give exp without dropping any items.

there are so many bb available all over the maps/towns nowdays for fast leveling.

its weird when talking about chaos server economy but not mentioning this old npc which evidently has been slowly damaging card/item price and at it worse in 2019. this is one of the (probably the main) reason new player couldnt catch up with the big guys, give up and turn over to p.server or other games.

its a custom on every new player to go to TI's when reach 70lvl right? maybe till 150lvl if you can solo it....with hope to get rare item from NONSTOP HUGE MOBS and sell it to buy/cover your cost of pots/gum/etc..yeah you can do that in 2014 but today 500 players doing the same thing twice as fast with crazy weapon/eq and such...resulting to a ridiculous low price fight in ragial :) now its a common sight to see a new player with more than 5 character reaching 150+ lvl but broke as hell... stay strong new players lol lets hope gramps TI get remove so you can explore the mobs in real maps and sell their item/cards at proper price ><

#347 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:46 AM

Since we have had two or three monster token events now, including the weird jakk one, MANY people would wish for even the slightest improvements when it happens next ( in two months time....)

Firstly if the tokens can be account bound instead of character bound, that would make more sense. 

BUt instead of one attempt every 23 hours, maybe make it once every 12 hours attempt per character.

Plus the amount of times the refining was broken and would not allow for upgrades above +9 were pathetic. Lotta people lost zeny and tokens.

As for me, the events dont work regardles. Something baout the Jakk one was bugged, and I tried to tell the mods/devs that it was impossible to get anything to work on any of my characters. Total waste of time, sadly. 

Just a lot of tweaking and revision is very necessary if this is to ever happen again. Though, unfortunately, I fear a twp month hiatus of iRO may well spell the beginning of the end for the game. But I still hope people will come back. Just has to be worthwhile. Food for though. HAve a good one. 

#348 Willtcg

Willtcg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:43 AM

Things I would love to see in IRO:

1) Improved party search, with options to invite to parties for Gramps TI, dungeons, instances, etc; Many times I made parties for TI and had to open chat on Yuno for about an hour...

2) Pets that gather items for you. It would be the best buff they could ever get! xD

3) GM events! Do get online to make events with players. But events in which everyone who participates gets a reward and winners extra rewards. Would be estimulating.

4) Global chat. Would be easier to find people since we add one avatar and not the account as friends, and also people can organize parties and help people much easier.

5) Global market. At least a way of searching for every item in openned stores. Make it possible to research ingame for items, openning store by store is innefective, people will use sites that allow easier searchs;

6) Map automatic events, like: after detecting people in the map for an hour, the map goes dark for 10min and monsters start spawning trice as much (same xp and loot chance) and stonger monsters would spawn all over the map (like Swift creamy, monsters with those adjectives);

7) Individual rewards in every dungeon/instance. Make it possible for everyone to get decent rewards individually. Like, after you kill monsters, you can click once per player and get 1 of dungeon drop which you can trade for rewards (armor/weapons/consumables), like when you click on those spores/flowers in Hazy Forest Instance. And in every dungeon there would be an NPC that would give each player a certain amount of the drop you can exchange for items.

8) WoE damage balance. The way things are, I would suggest cap damage in 10k , so survivability to 1 hit is possible... It's boring that everyone is one hit... Also, make guardians tanky, so castle owners can really use the mechanics of the castle to defend it. Make them take 1 damage per hit/skill and inflict high damage, so someone has to actially tank it while it is killed. Would be funnier to see clans plan their actions more carefully and having time to change strategies.

9) Make WoE castle rewards desirable. Cash shop OP items should be removed, they are destroying the game, we lootbox our way into OP. Thats terrible. Dedication to game, looting from MvPs, farming items to attempt to aplly overs and effects is useless nowadays...

10) Make forging smiths viable again. Increase the amount of weapons they can forge, including crimson slotted weapons. Allow them to craft slotted weapons.

11) Create combos with every single card, more then 1 combo per card. Allow viriability of builds using cards. Make useless cards nowadays disireble again, even if only for leveling till 99 with new characters;

12) Make leveling equipment acquireble for dungeon/instances/quests improving 2nd class and transcendence skills. I mean, equipment for lvl 50+, for lvl 99+, better then Eden, allowing, for exemple, a Templar to tank a little better. I believe that would make the game more interesting. You would have items good enough to MvP and PvP till you make your class 3. To have fun even in lower levels.

13) Create a WoE exclusive for class 1, 2 and trans 99/50. It would be awesome!

14) Quest lines for every character. Create a quest that allows players interested to know the game story to know it, so the player would start at lvl 1 and after finishing each quest he/her could start another where the last ended, untill the player knew the basics of the hole story and acquired basic equipment and level in the process;

15) Improve MvP drops. Make all of them drop something interesting at least, like really diserable weapons and equips that depend on overs to be good and also exclusive items that players can exchange for something interesting;

16) Create mercenaries of lvl 100 ~ 175. Its cool to have them around, in my opinion.

17) It would be fun if Alchemist plants would have their damage increase accourding to the Alchs lvl and mainly dex/luck/int, allowing pure potters to use them to lvl up. It would be fun!

18) Create a robot for smiths that get stronger according to lvl, dex and luck, like a homunculus, making it possible for pure forgers to solo level up. But make it so its almost useless to another builds, so its only viable for pure forgers;

19) Remove Fiber Lock prerequisites. Its too costy!

20) Allow bards and dancers to get 1 ensemble skill for each solo song/dance maxed, allowing them to really choose the dance/song they whant to learn and the ensembles that are usefull;

21) Fix bug position please! xD

22) Leave cash shop for cosmetics, consumables, items of interest and make VIP more atractive (not with exclusive dungeons! but with more alternatives of warps, maybe daily party fly wing reward and buffer on every city). Don't make the game so pay2win as it is today. Seems like nothing you drop really matters...

23) Control inflation somehow...

#349 100003591349476

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:26 PM

I really hope this stuff have really been taken in consideration in future updates in the game and in this new server you guys plan to launch , or are you guys just trying to make the never ending "how to make it better and save RO" discussion...

#350 GrimWise

GrimWise

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:47 PM

Hello,

I would like to see more itens for rogue and evolutions relationed to the bow style skill tree.

1) How about create just for the thief>rogue... class a ''Mini-crossbow'' a one-hand bow. Why? this will leave a extra space to some
shild and diferents cards effects. That is all we need to give a extra protection and play better with the bow style rogue. And not just for
some shild, it will be nice for others stuff in a left hand, something light and slotted even a second ''mini-crossbow''. The focus is in a extra slot card for the class witch is weak seen the others and their unique equips. About the ''mini-crossbow'' it will be nice to see it in the trancedence server and with some nice buff for a mix of elemental arrows, focus in craft your own elemental arrow not a elemental bow.

2) Not make the MVP strongest, make them with more life or make a stronger and strongges version of them like the phreeoni in the zero. I would like to see the renewal class playing in group to kill a MVP.

- Normal version: Lv 50

- Medium Version: Lv 100

- Hard Version: 150 (an invocation with dropped items required)

- Ultra Version: 200++ (an invocation with dropped items required)

Thank you!

Edited by GrimWise, 04 December 2019 - 01:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users