Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 16 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
723 replies to this topic

#376 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:11 PM

:dotdotdot:

Edited by nyyaan, 25 October 2020 - 07:56 PM.

#377 9804131128173020287

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:45 PM

Please add auto loot like there is in private servers. It is the year 2020 and the loot system needs to change. 5 seconds is not long enough to loot items, and sometimes looting items can be impossible.

#378 MorphMoth

MorphMoth

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:26 PM

I assume it was an intentional change to make all equipment sell to vendors for 5 zeny, but I am not entirely sure why. Items like Skull Ring are pretty worthless as drops as is, are there any plans to adjust this in the future? Or was there a specific reason this was done to all equipment across the board?

#379 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:43 PM

That's because in zero/transcendence gear is supposed to drop very frequently, if they had their old sell price zeny would instantly inflate to worthlessness.

They come with randomly rolled stats though, so even though the gear is common finding something specific to your needs is not necessarily so.

Or at least they're SUPPOSED to be common, but it sounds like not all gear has the proper drop rates.

I'm guessing skull rings was just an unfortunate victim of blanket price reductions.

#380 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:39 PM

im still waiting for more changes regarding woe supply acquisition, subtle cash shop modifications like stat foods being sold, illusion dungeon gears, enhancements on the relevance of the loots we get through bosses and instances (pvm), and maybe a sort of silvervine system from restart before all for chaos.

other than that im pretty much going to be passive if these aren't addressed, cause that's my ideal state for a server ill be betting on

#381 Drupische

Drupische

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:36 PM

Something I believe will make the game better, especially for new players, is to update and upgrade Criatura Academy. I understand that it's mainly just to get (new) players with Novice characters started, but I think it can be so much more.

I find this one to be more of a 'needed' patch than an upgrade, which is to make the Criatura NPCs aware of High Novices. I've had a lot of friends tell me that the NPCs treated them like non-Novices when they experienced rebirthing their character for the first time and instinctually headed for the academy.

Maybe you can make the receptionist, professor, and/or principal say something like, "Oh, a High Novice! You're technically a Novice, but not really. Do you get what I mean? Instead, we'll give you a Criatura Alumni Hat and a Rebirth Handbook, which explains to you basics of being a transcended class, to get you started. Best of luck to you!" For the rest of the NPCs, maybe they can have one generic message for High Novices, to tell them to speak with the principal or something.

#382 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:33 AM

First of all, Thank you for bringing in RO:Transcedence. It brought back the joy of the original RO, where parties are encouraged to be formed.

I wish this happens to all servers. The introduction of OCP's made it very easy for people to solo almost EVERYTHING and that makes people not rely on parties anymore. Third jobs are powerful, but if all can "SOLO" any instances, that takes the "fun" out of anything.

RO:Transcedence's player numbers proved that people "like" this party playing method. I wish to see it happen in Chaos, not only for the leveling part of the game.

As for the WoE/PvP maps of renewal, my say is to congest castles and just add more based on participation rate.

I've tried all modes, and what I can say about WOE is that not all castles get the "action". If there's lots of castles to begin with, then the "action" I'm looking for won't happen most of the time. There are "empty" ones, because there are a lot of options. Maybe stick with 2 full maps for now and see if all gets to GVG everywhere. Now PvP is dead because it lacks rewards. What can you get from it anyway? That's the only question I have in mind for WP Staff regarding this one.

2 cents from Vlad "the RO:T sage" LOL

#383 kitanoir

kitanoir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWisconsin
  • Server:chaos

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:09 AM

Hello and happy Monday, everybody!

On behalf of the Ragnarok staff, I'd like to start a discussion on any ideas you all may have on improving Ragnarok Online. What do we mean by "improving"? It could be anything, from the type of content you want to see or the type of updates you like, anything you think would make it a better game.

Please refrain from citing things you want from kRO or jRO - we're aware that everyone very much wants the latest updates from kRO, but in this instance we're looking for original ideas on what the players would like to see in our game  :ok:

As always, please be courteous :)

Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you all!

well number one thing id like to see is the death of oversea care packages.. they are inflating out economy like crazy and all those gears should be made prizes for events. or better yet available as rentals. id like to see events that are more newbie friendly. quests like talk like a pirate are impossible unless u are over 150 and that is making some of  the new players feel left out and discouraged.. also i think u should return the al de baran nct bounty board to its original spot and put the monsters that used to be there back.

#384 neal2008

neal2008

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:38 PM

For WoE and PvP maps I recommend that potions and healing items get at least a 1 second cool down when taking damage per hit(refreshing the cool down rather than stacking). This will help aspd builds exist in WoE. The reason everyone aims for a one shot is because you can outheal the DPs of most aspd builds

Edited by neal2008, 08 February 2020 - 06:40 PM.

#385 Tajixxx

Tajixxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:59 AM

I really like when your weapon or shield looks like the item in the description for example Twin Edge of Naght Sieger has a sprite. It would be cool to have sprites for all the weapons and shields. 

It would also be cool to have a few more options in the dye shop, id really like a black/burgundy or black/lavender.

It would be nice to make the old headgears useful. for example Blue Fish, Smokey leaf, bandage, cowboy hat are not worth making because they are just for looks...but we have costumes now so they are junk. if we can enchant them or if they acquired a special bonus it might be worth it again. 

Why not make the Kafra teleportation system open to all as well as have all the warps besides the airship

I think we should have a salvage system for old junk items that take up space in storage but dont want to sell because it wont sell for much on a vend and only sells for 10z with npc. i end up just dropping good junk.

Maybe have a salvage npc for some kind of enchanting essence to trade up for enriched or refine tickets. it can give different rewards depending on its level and property. 

I was in Payon_dun03 one day killing Sohee's and thought what if there was a low level instance in the dun on that one map that was simple but rewarded you with exp and items that you can do every 3 hours. I was thinking it takes you back in time and has a story of a young lady and her brothers and you have to go find them in the well's around the map and fight off mobs. 

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Tajixxx, 12 February 2020 - 08:04 AM.

#386 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:50 AM

Please return the 30 day VIP bonus, etc., via WP to KP conversion, the ingame VIP package item version is such a ripoff !! Some VIP NPC won't work even in VIP mode... We need compensation for that... 

Please don't fix something that's not broken...

#387 Chacal666

Chacal666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:19 AM

improve daily sistem reward, list daily ridiculous

1: bomber steak> trash food +3? no one uses it except for rare quests

2:herbal tea> trash food+3 again no one uses it except for rare quests

3: + trash food +3 no one uses it except for rare quests

4 same thing no one uses it except for rare quests

5:  :wall:  +3 food no one uses it except for rare quests

6:  :bang:  +3 food no one uses it except for rare quests

7: 2 unit pot rly? small pot life pot >useful, but unit very little, it could be the medium life pot at least

8 regen pot heal> useful, but unit very little same thing 7 day

9: small med def pot > many people don't care about that

10 small m.def pot> many people don't care about that

day 11/12/13/ buff scroll> useful, but unit very little.

15:manual 150%> nice, but Could be more generous 5 unit maybe?

day 16/17/18 useful, but unit very little.

last prize daily> Halter box: Rly? last prize mount?  :wall:  :wall:

this is a joke WP?

make a better list next daily better plz  :bow:

suggestion if you want

eden marit badge 100~300

food +10~+20 5~10 unit

meduim life 3~5 unit, or small if u generous 5~10 unit

BMX manual exp and drop: 2~5 unit

KVM badges maybe? 100~300 unit??

@account bount if u want WP!

put those kind of things, ask the community for their opinion, hey guys, your suggestion this month *daily reward sistem*

plz WP, make your list addictive, this list even a [begginer/noob] would complain!

second suggestion: make your shop board, search more than 2 pages,10~20 page plz :hinthint:   ?? make a search izi and better :rofl:

tankz :boogie:

Edited by Chacal666, 12 February 2020 - 11:25 AM.

#388 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:03 PM

well number one thing id like to see is the death of oversea care packages.. they are inflating out economy like crazy and all those gears should be made prizes for events. or better yet available as rentals..

I beg to disagree, OCP/Ygg Ascension is good!! It is an alternative way for players to have decent equipment or earn zeny to buy themselves good items. It gives few people a chance to taste the power of some MVP cards which is impossible for them to get at all. Heck, chances of getting great items on them is so low, so why be bothered by them at all? Only few peeps would be able to get them..

Inflation happens because of old players dictates the economy with all their billions they earn years ago.. Somehow they assume that everybody is as rich as them set the prices to their standards, so there is no way new players and  veteran players( like me) could compete to the market they played into.. But with a lucky draw, that player would have something to look forward to.

Edited by Meddler01, 12 February 2020 - 11:39 PM.

#389 RTLM

RTLM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Location/merai
  • Server:Thor

Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:01 AM

• WOE must end (players don't need this kind of unhealthy unchallenging event)
  • More emphasis on the explorative Single player gameplay
  • A return to the 2002 -2003 Arc without the WOE 
  • A cap on max Zeny for each player
  • Party system is unnecessary adjustments is vital for more single player grinding
  • Autocast for novices 
  • 2002-2020  game progression review

#390 digo666

digo666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:22 AM

Nerf the strength OCP @PVM ex: dress armor actualy 80% monster XX, Nerf > 35%~40% thus being able to debate with the game's armor, ex: consultation/abusive etc

between other gears OCP PDM/jup ring/dress armor etc etc nerf everything!, make both cash gears and gears game have space and strength in game

balance the game, ppl could have gears through the cashshop without affecting the game gears, people who buy everything through the cashshop, get strong very fast, and get sick of the game, so they end up giving up the game

I know you need money WP ,but a server closed not earn money too

disable OCP @WOE

Make rankz PVP/WOE with great prizes end of month

best 1~3 guilds

best 10 ppl

keep the game clean of bot

improvement shop board

or Close chaos forever, 2~4 years the server is falling

Edited by digo666, 14 February 2020 - 10:12 AM.

#391 Dadiris

Dadiris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:00 PM

Please put some safe squares inside of all Turn In maps, so people can safely create parties and won't need to open chats outside or in different areas.

#392 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:04 AM

I would like to have the +7 armor/weapon safe to 7 converter to eat items off of inventory so we don't have to make the specific character for it.

Thanks for the refining update! ^^

#393 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 03:10 AM

Please include  Permanent* Lead halter in cash shop,Renewal servers, just like in Transcendence server, or at least for a limited time! 

Edited by Meddler01, 22 February 2020 - 09:28 PM.

#394 Aruteeru

Aruteeru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:30 PM

Can we get like an increased time to how long loot is your own on RO Trans? Or something like, it's yours until you walk off screen or teleport.

I am sick and tired of these players constantly trying to loot my loot immediately after I kill something, every single time. If I am killing a mob I can't loot right away and during looting, they already become up for grabs. Or if I am still fighting, I can't loot to prevent them from taking it because of getting hit locked. I've noticed this to be a huge issue on this server with players constantly trying to loot other people's stuff while they are still killing or just killed a mob. Blacksmiths are practically spamming greed on your loot, it's ridiculous.

#395 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:37 AM

Note: I am a player with x2 accounts maxed at level 175, over 100b zeny, and a complete collection of endgame cards and a full set of personal god items. I never cheated, bought zeny, and paid for my share of cash shop items, but cash shop only accounts for about 10% of my assets. I never ran a guild, and arguably my suggestions below negatively impact my type of player the most. I basically worked my way up from a maya purple card on loki, and turned a double profit on every large sale I ever made.

I'll keep it short and sweet. Your primary driver for Ragnarok Online used to be WoE. It was driven by extremely dedicated players who are willing to invest time and money into their guilds even though their are very busy with school and/or work in real life. These rare breed of people are very competitive and extremely hard to find. There's no bringing them back since they have already gave up on you long ago. Your best chance of keep this game alive is to focus on providing contents that provide rewards that are actually better than OCP. Players have already express that they do not want to waste their time on boring instances that does not give anything better than OCP items. You can still milk players through your upgrade system. Give players gears that can be obtained in game (not cash shop) that's better than OCP items, but make it so that you guys can still profit from it by granting special bonus if +9 or +10. Bonuses like +extra stats if +7, grant special skills if +9, increase damage by x% if +12 etc. OCP items are fine (you guy need to make money to run the game) but make sure these OCP items support in game contents. MVP combos is a good example of good OCP items. Mysterious Muffler is not lol.

You guys already know that there's absolutely no chance of reviving WoE like how it used to be during the golden WoE days. What you can do to try to save the game is to revive PVP (Not Battleground). I'm talking about PVP, Yoyo Mode - The 'safe' PvP mode, where death does not cause EXP loss or items to drop. The little amount of players you have left are mostly adults and they're too busy to use the current PVP system where you have to enter a map and wait for people to come. If you know anything about your game then you should know by now that no one really come to PVP room anymore. They're too busy and have jobs just like you and I. Poeple are competitive by nature and even more so in RO. Give them an a quick option to challenge anyone on screen by right clicking on a player's name and selecting "duel" or "challenge". If both parties agree then send them to a pvp map so they can duke it out. Give special PVP rewards such as rank list or recognition for xx amount of players kill or a special reward like free monthly VIP. I know some games give special rewards such as +special costume for 1000 players per month or xx amount of game currency for 100 players killed this month. Players will be more encouraged to play if you actually give them something to achieve. Once they're encouraged they will start spending to either upgrade their gears or invest in another class in order to be competitive.

If this is another we'll pretend to listen by asking the community how to improve the game then ignore the suggestions then consider me gone after this post.

I think you're bluntness can be put aside for the many good points made.

I'm a retired player but I do check in on occasion to see if there's been a big revamp. I'd come back for new systems: rip off what works with other games. Pvp in field maps that don't include MVPs, hunt rewards for killing the same monster over and over, done kind of personal use investment strategy to equal out the economy (housing system, zeny for result character upgrades, etc). Perhaps use a stock consolidation approach to the current economy : 10billion zeny becomes 1billion, to reduce the overall inflation .
Problem is, these require programmers and I'm not sure what resources you guys have. I think the potential is there but at this point, you'd need to rebrand and remarket the same game as a new one, with a new title. It's still an excellent game but it's title alone keeps new players away perhaps. Any real gamer knows what RO is- even if they never saw it or played it.

You may also get rid of pre trans and reduce the grind to 175. At this point classes are super complicated, it'd be great as a new player to have a different overall leveling system. Complete hunts to get from level 1 to 100, then you trans, get harder hunts, then you rebirth. Afterward, rebirth can involve some grinding, but overall a different way to level , or getting rid of leveling entirely and going with a non traditional rpg style could revamp the game.

Everyone will hit 175 eventually, but that critical aspect of the game is what is keeping people away maybe. What if you just logged in, didn't have to grind, could partake in the level of gaming that players with ten year old accounts could, could fight the same monsters without needing expert level gear, and created a 'murder' system for pvp with rank, incentive, penalties, etc.

A new God item system that is less demanding on guilds would be good. The point of a guild right now is to pvp, and work toward a God item, but woe as a concept needs to be completely erased and a new system made.

Zeny cap at 10b per account, item storage at 2000items, to prevent your own storage headaches of users needing 5 accounts to hold onto items. Honestly, done kind of drastic approach like no currency or no leveling system is needed. You will at the least retain the players you already have.

Stricter enforcement of buying and selling zeny,.of item duping..etc. account binding MVP cards.

Edited by Ultimate, 23 March 2020 - 01:14 PM.

#396 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:27 AM

ok, iro need this interface with shop coor straight from database lol

http://ro.gnjoy.com/....asp#itemSearch

#397 WallacePinho

WallacePinho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 March 2020 - 03:02 AM

You must have an QA environment that simulates the production environment. I'm not talking about Sakray (it's not even working yet...); I'm talking about an environment where you can actually test things before deploying them in production (not talking about dev environment either lol).
This could, should and actually must make the weekly maintenances smoother, then maybe you can start to stick with at least one of your schedules. It's really frustrating when you say the maintenance will finish at 4pm, then ninja-edit the ETA to 5pm and it finishes at 6pm.

#398 DragonAco

DragonAco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 12:34 PM

AB skill to be AOE .. is all i wish .. 

#399 neal2008

neal2008

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 04:39 PM

It would be awesome if each weapon has its own sprite.

#400 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:18 AM

Have at least the Homunculus fight back (basic melee) whenever it gets attacked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users