Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 18 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
720 replies to this topic

#426 AngelCloud

AngelCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Asia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 April 2020 - 04:01 PM

Shopping board is kind of useless.

#427 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:17 PM

1. Collaboration quests with other games.

2. GMs host some games and reward with EMB/OPB/GFSS.

such as:

- bring me some obscure etc item

- games using novices only

- games catered to a specific job class

- regular tournaments

3. prevent monsters spawning at portals unless they are eggs/plants/etc

4. prevent monsters from spawning near quest npcs (such as last bio4 access quest npc)

5. do something about the kitchen bathory coughing. it gets irritating

#428 AlisonYagami

AlisonYagami

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:32 PM

Hello guys.

I would love to have the possibility to zoom out the game further. When I ask for this, make sure that 90% of the players really want it.

Thanks

#429 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:30 PM

Well since my thread got deleted, I will post the suggestion for Adventurer guild NPC here:

1. Enable Selectable EXP distribution for VIP players:

As many ppls already know, the current adventurer guild NPC will always distribute exp evenly for base and job, there is no option to choose base or job only. This is rather frustrating for players, as it happens frequently that players manage to max either base or job, or not even need job levels due to the nature of their classes(ie. Gene). Allowing distribution of EXP on Base only, Job only, or both, similar to BB and Gramps TI, will be a necessary change to make for this NPC to become more useful.

2. Allow Hunt-All and Turn-In-All for quests:

Right now it seems that we can only accept or turn in the adventurer guild NPC quests one by one, which is inefficient. The BB allows accepting and turning in all quests at once, and this is especially helpful when there are 6-10 quests completed at the same time. It saves time, and perhaps can give a little bit exp bonus for completing all quests.

3. Unique rewards for completing all quests:

The BB and Gramps TI will reward players with EMBs. I personally dont think Adventurer Guild NPC should reward the same items, since it needs its own uniqueness. How about rewarding some items useful for quests/instances(but with low drop rate) upon completing the quests? And the items will depend upon the locations of the bounties(ie. Ghost Chill for LHZ Adventurer Guild NPC)? This will also provide more motivations to the players, as alternative way to farm some items.

Well these are my proposals above, I am definitely looking to see at least #1 will be accepted and implemented soon, while #2 and #3 will be nice additions if WP likes the idea. I was excited when they talked about improving the NPC in their podcast in winter 2019, but nothing was done so far. Something needs to happen, we need a change for this. Thanks for spending your time reading this long post. I hope WP staff will add their input soon, and I am open for discussion/argument for what you do not like about the points I've made.

#430 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:04 AM

Please improve the Shopping Board in game,It really effect economy and player life.

Nowadays, It really hard to find Costume and Consumable (also material to do like Fragment from Bio5 or Oridecon that can't really search)

I would like to suggest,

1. Make Shopping Board can be "search" by using "Enter" buttons. When enter after typing name it responded with reset instead of search.

2. Making limit search by searching in map instead of database. Like search "Bubble Gum" It supposed to search every shop in map than search every "Bubble Gum" name in database. Cause it impossible to search, when there so many type of "Bubble Gum" in database.

3. Making Random display when opening shopping board. Like random any 10 shops in map.

4. Increasing size of shopping board, it too small compare to how crowed of player around the board.

5. Making "Buy" options to display any buyer in map. When player search to find something to farm and sell, It really hard to specify what market really need. And buyer also harder to announce. "Buy" shop still rarely see compare to "Sell" shop. It may only have 10-20 shops when display.  

#431 Vossthereaper

Vossthereaper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:48 PM

Add a Job Quest Ticket to the Cash store
"Allows you to Skip job change quest"

Id love to play another job other then gunner or Knight/holy guard
but after watching my roomate spend 3+ hours trying to finish one quest that took my job 5mins to do id rather not.

or fix the quests so they are not so laughably RNG

Edited by Vossthereaper, 07 May 2020 - 06:34 PM.

#432 Vossthereaper

Vossthereaper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:50 PM

Make Other jobs Aka Ninja,Gunslinger etc so they are Considered Third job when in second form.

Where are all the good equipment for ninjas and gunslingers?

#433 Vossthereaper

Vossthereaper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 06:30 PM

= Remove Merchant as a Class in the game entirely

= Instead Up the refinement success rate by X= BLvl*0.02%
give everyone a shop skill but limited them to 2 items [8 for VIP]

= Update the Cash shop items consignment and purchaser things so they hold 8 of each.

= Allow for people to Convert Materials
Elunium or Oridecon 100 -> Black Smith Box
Bradium or Carnium 100 -> White Smith Box

Black smith Box
1 of the following 10 items

1-10 Bradium  [Bound]
1-10 Carnium  [Bound]
1-5 Enriched Elunium  [Bound]
1-5 Enriched
Oridecon  [Bound]
1-5 Enriched Bradium  [Bound]
1-5 Enriched Carnium  [Bound]
1-3 HD Elunium  [Bound]

1-3 HD Oridecon]  Bound]

1-3 HD Bradium  [Bound]
1-3 HD Carnium  [Bound]

White Smith Box
1 of the following 12 items
2-10 Enriched Elunium  [Bound]  *4 for VIP
2-10 Enriched
Oridecon [Bound] *4 for VIP
2-10 Enriched Bradium  [Bound] *4 for VIP
2-10 Enriched Carnium  [Bound] *4 for VIP
2-6 HD Elunium  [Bound]  *3 for VIP

2-6 HD Oridecon [Bound] *3 for VIP

2-6 HD Bradium  [Bound] *3 for VIP
2-6 HD Carnium  [Bound] *3 for VIP

1-2 Safe to 7 Headgear   [Bound] *2 for VIP
1-2 Safe to 7 BodyArmour  [Bound] *2 for VIP
1-2 Safe to 7 Weapon   [Bound] *2 for VIP
1 Safe to 10 Certificate  [Bound] *2 for VIP

Why this is a Great idea See Below.

An Event like this would Help New players with Gear
take Zeny out of the system AKA "More Balanced In-game Monetary system"
convince people to buy more VIP AKA  "company Profit"
making Gramps dungeons easier AKA " a major current complaint "
all items modified with Bound Ore's and refine Certs would be bound meaning less stuff flooding the market 
thus Completely Undoing all the Inflation Created by this Fire sale Event

You could even add an item to the Cash shop to Unseal an item "See my other posts for what Sealed means"

Edited by Vossthereaper, 07 May 2020 - 06:33 PM.

#434 Vossthereaper

Vossthereaper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 06:37 PM

Please Make Guild Dungeons Available VIA NPC
let the dungeon owners Charge a fee for usage.
and
Put a black market NPC in the pub in morroc that gives access for slightly less but teleports you to a PVP enabled map varient AKA he snuck you in but the owners can come kill you and will be warned if someone joins their guild map this way.

Edited by Vossthereaper, 07 May 2020 - 06:39 PM.

#435 Vossthereaper

Vossthereaper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 07:01 PM

Add item = Gold smiths Potion to the game "Acts in place of any number of required blacksmith potions 1 time only"

#436 Vossthereaper

Vossthereaper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 07:03 PM

In place of the Merchant Job if that idea is adopted.
New Cash shop OCP Box

"NOTE" All Shadow Gear

Add Items = Black Smiths Apron = Garment
                   Hat = Headgear upper
                   Face Shield = Headgear Middle/Lower
                   Padded Shirt = Body
                   Mittens = Shield
                   Hammer & Tongs = Weapon
                   Boots = Feet
[Equiptment Effect]
If refined to +5 add 0.02% improved Refinement outcomes while working with Bound materials and Certificates
If refined to +7 add 0.04% improved Refinement outcomes while working with Bound materials and Certificates
If refined to +9 add 0.08% improved Refinement outcomes while working with Bound materials and Certificates
If refined to +11 add 0.16% improved Refinement outcomes while working with Bound materials and Certificates
If refined to +13 add 0.32% improved Refinement outcomes while working with Bound materials and Certificates
[Set]
If all Set items are +6 add 0.1% improved Refinement outcomes while working with Bound materials and Certificates
If all Set items are +8 add 0.2% improved Refinement outcomes while working with Bound materials and Certificates
If all Set items are +10 add 0.4% improved Refinement outcomes while working with Bound materials and Certificates
If all Set items are +12 add 0.8% improved Refinement outcomes while working with Bound materials and Certificates
If all Set items are +14 add 1.6% improved Refinement outcomes while working with Bound materials and Certificates

Edited by Vossthereaper, 07 May 2020 - 07:03 PM.

#437 Vossthereaper

Vossthereaper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 07:27 PM

Completely Redo the WOE system

Instead of just Castles Allow Guilds to attack maps
if they take them or keep them then given their guild a bonus to drops and EXP in those maps.
Improve said maps with faster spawn timers for MVP's and more monsters to fight with slightly adjusted drop tables.

Place a Sign on each owned map that will allow for a normal player to deposit money into it in exchange for entry into that guild map and the proceeds are payed to the guild owners.

Each time a guild successfully holds a map from enemy assault add XX more attacking guardians to the Enemy side.
Thus ensuring eventually they will lose control of said map.

make items Obtained in these maps Untradable and undropable and unsellable..
Allow Guilds to Spend Zenny Each day to Increase the drops or EXP of a map by 1%/Million Zeny

As with all my ideas involving [Bound stuff]
Any items created using bound materials are bound.

Edited by Vossthereaper, 07 May 2020 - 07:33 PM.

#438 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:28 AM

Not sure if this has been suggested before and I imagine it would be easy. I was trying out costumes through the shopping board, but it is always a bummer when you can try one because is not on sale. And other websites just do not do the job of in-game looks. Is it possible to have an npc with all the current costume sprites, so that players can try to visualize in order to invest after?

It would help a great deal whether or not you end up spending all that precious zeny into the one that you like but then when you try it out, is not what you expected.

#439 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 09 May 2020 - 03:38 PM

I remember asking multiple times before to rework the patcher so it doesn't patch from 2011 anymore (I remember other people asked too).

And well, months have gone past and it looks like that sort of patcher-corruption bug ain't happenin anymore..? We'll probably never know if it was because of these noisy threads or not, or whether the fix was actually intentional (unmentioned studio fix/patch again? lol). It might've even seemed like just a minor fix to begin with. But I just wanted to say that I appreciate the improvement nonetheless.

So Thanks :no1:
ps. Star Emp, illu dungeons, and lvl 185 expansion gib pls : P

#440 Vossthereaper

Vossthereaper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:52 PM

This is a MMO that is primarily played by Solo players who have no guild or are a waste of space in one.

you want RO to be better?
have more people?
retain shoppers for longer?

then redo the game to be Solo player oriented..
Fix your quest system so it's more user friendly
make the game Not just about the dang journey i get this was a Korean game but that Grind for 90% and get 10% as a reward doesn't fly anymore.

The Grind can no longer be the primary factor in leveling , money , etc.

by for the biggest reason i've heard others tell me they left RO is the looting situation.

NO ONE WANTS TO BUY THOSE STUPID GREED SCROLLS.
every single Ps in existence gives you @autoloot 1-100 some even make it impossible not to loot everything just to reduce lag.

at the very least Sell a Autoloot scroll or token or Something in your cash shop.. if you want people back there's no shame in Adopting good ideas.

If idiots have a spark of genius sometimes in that moment the ones whom could better themselfs and don't our of pride or stupidity are the only Idiots in that room.

#441 7795170904155020713

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL
  • Server:THOR

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:35 AM

Hi Guys, 
I Checked and there isnt any combo with Pharaoh, here would be the right place to suggest the creation of a NEW ITEM?

#442 iROanth

iROanth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Thor

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:03 AM

I highly suggest to add Tax in Deal.

#443 iROanth

iROanth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Thor

Posted 13 May 2020 - 01:46 PM

This is my opinion only, what if we remove rebirth? I mean the need to rebirth. Every class automatically in rebirth state or High novice from the start. I think more new players will get directly into the main path of the game. people also confuse about why they need to rebirth. after all of their efforts to level 99 needs to be level 1 and needs to reach level 99 again seems to be boring and they will eventually left the game before they try 3rd jobs. And for me, please add a TAX in deal systems. thank you. Or.. add a jumping Janeway from base level 1 up to rebirth only. and let the players grind up to 99 to go to 3rd jobs.. add that janeway permanently so players wont leave.

Edited by iROanth, 13 May 2020 - 01:54 PM.

#444 Ahrounwarrior

Ahrounwarrior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:55 AM

Please, bring other skin colors to RK ferus like red, black, yellow.

Someone asked it in 2011 >> https://forums.warpp...rus-alt-colors/

Rune_Color_Ride.jpg

Bring more dyeing cloth palettes, like full black (the darker one), red, silver...

Please, change the VIP buff duration, make it last for at least 1 hour.

Make guild dungeon access easier, add a npc that teleport the player to the desired guild dungeon.

Bring the World Teleport Ticket option in the Navigation Screen.

Bring the Light Effect update like this:

47377006-ccbf6c80-d6fc-11e8-95f0-f78cdb3

47376869-72bea700-d6fc-11e8-955a-ef1454b

#445 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:05 AM

For both (3X5nqY6.png) and (nfGqzCP.png):

Since it hasn't been properly requested yet,

Disable usage of Play Dead skill in all field/dungeon maps with MVP, Boss, and Mini-Boss spawns pls

#446 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:27 PM

not just play dead but also doram hide

#447 Ahrounwarrior

Ahrounwarrior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:39 PM

So, as we are talking about improving the Ragnarok, any ETA for Magdun 3 and level 185 patch? These updates would be a nice improvement for the game.

#448 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:13 PM

Wow, now I know why yellow herbs are so cheap on RT, and it's not because of supply.

That is carpel tunnel waiting to happen.

Please make it only bring up options for things you actually have the ingredients for when creating potions.

Edited by Krispin2, 20 May 2020 - 08:13 PM.

#449 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:28 PM

OMG - this! I spent many MANY months on the original server making damn near every headgear in the game, twice! I would have that same zeal for hunting, collecting, procuring and crafting all these headgear again if there was a motivation. This idea of allowing for some kind of enchantment would incentivize farming and encourage players to use all maps, while NOT removing the motivation for buying costumes. It's a win-win!

It would be nice to make the old headgears useful. for example Blue Fish, Smokey leaf, bandage, cowboy hat are not worth making because they are just for looks...but we have costumes now so they are junk. if we can enchant them or if they acquired a special bonus it might be worth it again. 

#450 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:45 PM

This is a list of PLEASE BRING BACK(s)

• Hocus Pocus in its original form, allowing for the skill's use in all original locations*
  • Azoth and Card mob transformations on regular field zones*
  • Dead Branch usage on regular field zones*
  • The streets - (I would like to actually see the streets in Prontera again) Vendor scrolls are such a nuisance

* These all relate to the decision to remove the ability of players to have FUN because of the voices of a few very loud people who complained on forums back in the day. Most people don't post on the forums, only those few who are irritated. One of the biggest losses in Ragnarok was removing the ability to spawn monsters in locations where they don't always exist. This was such a source of fun and its been gone for so long, but I'd LOVE to see that fun brought back.

Note: we used to plan "99 parties", wherein a bunch of players would gather to spawn DB's for a player that was a just about to hit level 99 so that the player could hit their max level w/friends and witnesses. It was always so much fun. I still have screenshots from a level 99 party we held once for a guy named ~ken'ichi'too~ on his super novie at Toy Factory. I really miss those days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users