Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 19 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#451 Rinpyon

Rinpyon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanyon city of Zant
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:47 PM

fix bugs, assumptio effect/icon buff, also bard/dancer buff

like, please :c

#452 Dannyiloveyou

Dannyiloveyou

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:49 AM

Can you please, please, please remove the stacked creature effect with GC where if more than 1 creature walked into the same cell, it only hits 2 times at 2 creatures or 1 time at 3 or more? This kind of makes the aoe spell not a very good aoe spell. Knights can run around with 20k brandish spears regardless of positioning in Chivalry, but saders can't kill 2 raydrics on the same cell without burning over 200 sp and 40% current hp. Also, why does the holy based spell require aspersio to deal proper holy gc damage?

Edited by Dannyiloveyou, 22 May 2020 - 04:55 AM.

#453 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:37 AM

it doesnt require aspersio. GC is already converting your damage to holy.
But it can double dip and apply the element again to your atk, effectively getting 4x the damage instead of 2x.

#454 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:15 PM

Things that I would like to see in IRO:

1. Uniform Instances / dailies / weeklies cool down

2. Natural HP / SP regeneration allowed until weight reaches 70%.

3. Increase in type of arrow quivers sold in Eden 2nd floor.

4. Increased VIP buff duration to 60 mins + increase all states by 10, instead of 7.

5. Fixing Buff icons display - Buff icons are located little too high, invading mini map located on top. please lower buff icon display window

Thank you !

Edited by Bohem, 29 May 2020 - 02:09 PM.

#455 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:07 PM

For the Shadow Chaser class:

I wish there's an NPC that lets you copy using Reproduce or Intimidate just for the time being that the player base is kind of low and everything is encouraged solo'd.

I have monitored a guy trying to ask for a copy of a skill and actually have wasted about 12 hours of his game time pubbing at Eden and various cities. 

I have a Shadow Chaser too and this is one of the struggles we face that sometimes don't even get us to play efficiently.

#456 tlc9711LOgo

tlc9711LOgo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:58 PM

Bring back ragial - buy/sell item website

#457 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:03 PM

Bring back ragial - buy/sell item website

ragial was not officially run by WP. It's not up to them to bring it back. It also depended on bots running around Prontera. That's what updated the ragial website of what's being vended.

On the same topic, at the very least improve the shopping board. For starters, make it not case sensitive, let hitting Enter on the keyboard make it search, and not making us to click on the shopping board to refresh our number of searches available.

#458 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:10 AM

Implement more items from kRO to improve the game for certain jobs (Extended classes).

-Magical Summoner (Doram) Are so weak at end game cause they do not have DPS.

-Magical Oboro Needs Spell Circuit in order to improve their DPS damage and keeping the 100% casting time reduction.

- Job shadow costume equipment to improve the performance of certain jobs (Adoramus AB has no DPS)

- Max lvl 185 and third job for Taekwon class. (With the current damage have many character using jRO items, we are able to lvl up so fast).

- OGH Challenge Mode (Always magical classes are behind melee classes. The cards of this instance are the best to improve it).

#459 5777140102125038550

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:15 PM

Can we get a /whois command to see who's all in your current map so reporting bots would be easier? They seem to teleport away as soon as they appear which makes it hard to screenshot and grab their name. These are the only ones I report.

#460 JadedCynic

JadedCynic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:40 PM

What I want above all is an option to not participate in the daily rewards. That means no window popping up in my face when I log in. If some people like the rewards, that's fine. For people who want to log in but want a simple setting to disable the daily login window from popping up at all, we should get that. There isn't a single argument here against having the option of disabling the daily rewards. Nor do I see why there would be. If you like daily rewards, go ahead and participate. My main point is that we shouldn't be forced to participate. Give us that opt out setting to kill the daily reward window, and you can do whatever you want with the rewards. If you wish, give us a single jellopy per day. I don't mind as long as you don't force me to close the daily reward window. My argument is not necessarily for better rewards, but mainly for freedom of choice. Players who don't want to check those boxes shouldn't be forced to.

I've mentioned this before in a patch notes thread before, and it was ignored. 3 months after the launch of this broken system, the problem has only became more serious. This point is so important that it bears repeating: Whether to improve the daily login rewards is a different issue altogether. All I'm asking for with this suggestion is the option to disable daily logins for an entire character, permanently, with one checkbox or option. Some of us just don't want the daily login rewards, no matter how good they are, and the window popping up in my face constantly is actually having the opposite effect; it's discouraging me from logging in. Instead of giving me "rewards" for logging me, how about I make a one-time zeny payment on each character to never have to do daily logins again?

Seriously, how hard is it to let us disable daily logins? The option wouldn't hurt anyone who wants to claim the rewards. Nearly every one of my characters' inventories are clogged up like this:

Junk.jpg?raw=1

I'm not even bothering to clear their inventories anymore. It's getting ridiculous. Not using RoDex isn't a full solution because I'm still forced to click the checkbox every day, on every character. If something isn't done, the daily login feature alone may drive players away from the game.

In terms of daily login, my happiest days of the month are the days when I no longer have to click that infernal checkbox on the daily login window because all 20 boxes have been checked. I wish there were more of those days. Better yet, I wish I never had to deal with any daily logins again. Ever.

Edited by JadedCynic, 13 June 2020 - 03:11 PM.

#461 Kedoxu

Kedoxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:39 PM

Please follow up on the Ragial situation, sorting through the current shopping boards its a mess depending on the item you are looking.

https://forums.warpp...nt-ragial-back/

#462 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:45 PM

Leveling between 150-175 is terrible in NCT. It is impossible. There are tons of afk guys with their auto casting gears and KS people. Also, GM has the amazing idea in changing the min level in bio lab 4 to 160. So, i'm stuck

#463 Drupische

Drupische

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:08 PM

Please update the way players access Thanatos Tower floors 3 and above.

Every time I create a new character and get to this point with the Eden board quests, I always have to open up four other clients just to meet the 5-person requirement at floor 2. This is especially annoying recently, now that EAC eats up additional computer resources per open client.

Perhaps you can change it to a minimum level-based requirement, or have a custom NPC beside the one at the 2nd floor gate to warp those doing Eden quests to the 3rd floor.

#464 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:10 PM

Leveling between 150-175 is terrible in NCT. It is impossible. There are tons of afk guys with their auto casting gears and KS people. Also, GM has the amazing idea in changing the min level in bio lab 4 to 160. So, i'm stuck

lmao what its the best thing to ever happen, NCT za bezt even with the KS ing  i go to 150-175 so fazt

#465 BraveCloud

BraveCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMidgard
  • Server:Chaos/Poring

Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:30 PM

bots spotted.

#466 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 June 2020 - 05:28 AM

improving ragnarok online? how bout start with how laggy woe is. like how can a server back in 2006/2007 can run woe waay smoothly with 4x ammount of people than this crappy trans server.

#467 iROanth

iROanth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Thor

Posted 21 June 2020 - 05:31 AM

What about events :(

Edited by iROanth, 21 June 2020 - 05:51 AM.

#468 iROanth

iROanth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Thor

Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:11 PM

server merge. No players to play with gramps. Thor is dead

#469 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:17 AM

- Lack of staffs response. They seem to just release notes without even replying to players' suggestions
- Bots infestation in RoT
- Inactive forum mods

Should change this topic title to "Improving Warpportal" instead.

#470 DiGGyBR

DiGGyBR

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:20 AM

- Better reward for hunting MVPs. Hunting MVPs in normal fields today is unrewarding, some people do just for the EXP. Maybe try to add an 100% drop medal item for all MVPs that can be exchanged for items that really make you progress in the game, or even good consumables. This will instigate players to hunt MVP more and more.

Make the cards shine when drop. Will be a nice help to people who kill varios mobs at once and the drops hide the cards dropped. Make a light tower to the dropped card that helps players to see their reward.

#471 Lvost1

Lvost1

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:55 AM

Let's start off by saying this was my first MMO that i loved and still do. But improving? I think we need to work past this. The game is old. Mobile games have been made left and right for Ragnarok Online.

It's time you guys actually made a Ragnarok Online 3 or a remake of Ragnarok Online. I don't want to talk about RO2. With new anime MMO's popping up like Blue Protocol, i think you guys should really take a hint and start something new and fresh. I would love to see a brand new Ragnarok Online with today's graphics and combat. It can be done. I'm sure you guys make quite a lot on those mobile games. But constantly re-booting RO isn't working TBH. I'm sure a majority of the RO community old and new, would love to see a new RO.

Please make it happen. I really really want to see a new RO on PC.

#472 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:06 AM

Make the cards shine when drop. Will be a nice help to people who kill varios mobs at once and the drops hide the cards dropped. Make a light tower to the dropped card that helps players to see their reward.

Actually you can fix this for yourself. See the quote below for Camp's official stance on client edits. Only thing is, we're not allowed to ask or explain how to do it since it is borderline illegal. All I can say is, Google is your friend. Good luck.

Client Edits

• Any Client edit except those that do the following are prohibited. What this means if they are not going to ban you if you use one of the ones below. We do not recommend that you ever edit your client. This can result in game client instability and we cannot assist you if you do so. You may need to reinstall the game to make the client playable again
    • Graphical Edits that are purely Cosmetic in Nature
      • Ex. Big Card Edits (Please note replacing monster or player sprites can be viewed as giving players an unfair advantage and may result in account suspension)

Edited by Prodigy, 24 June 2020 - 08:06 AM.

#473 Smith

Smith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 04:47 AM

Disclaimer: This is meant to be entirely positive and in no way a complaint about the server as it currently is. Just some suggestions that I felt would be quality of life improvements for the game. I may be posting what other people have said, but I wanted to give my reasoning in my own words. Many things that people asked for in this thread actually were changed in game. So, well done there! I hope this isn't too direct.

Dialogue is Bloated
Condense all dialogue in the game into just one or two screens. Players shouldn't have to click through a mess of dialogue just to misclick at the end and start over. I have specific examples if needed. If it's too difficult to change what exists, maybe just something to keep in mind for future quest chains.

Dialogue System is Convoluted
Make NPC behaviors understand what I want. If I have no turn-in quest from gramps, ask me if I want one. Then ask me if I want a warp. The default selections should be 'yes.' Keeping players locked in puzzle-like dialogue chains isn't fun. Simplify everything pretty please.

MVP Drops
Give all 10z loots from MVPs an actual sell price. I don't understand the logic of this other than to completely remove the fun from mvping. Yeah, everyone is looking for a card, but it costs zeny and time to hunt MVPs. Why not have a small reward for your effort?

English Usage
There are so many spelling and grammar errors all over the game. That said, some items and skills also have completely different names between the database and quest dialogues. Why the unnecessary name confusion? Here's one example: Creating Bio5 headgears. The NPc calls it 'spotted bunny hood.' The iRO name is 'Old Camouflage Bunny Hood'.

VIP
Getting 1500 kafra points with my subscription or even having the choice to get points was a bonus I loved. I felt like investing more into Ragnarok. I feel like a VIP item was asked for by some people, but a complete removal of the current VIP+Kafra system was not. I think many people feel the same way. Why couldn't we have both systems in place?

OCP
Take every existing kafra box and make it an ascension package. Combine packages, remove items, add items... work your magic. This would add some fun into the system. Also, change Firesale's name to overseas diplomat or representative. The meaning of firesale does not have a good connotation.

iRO Roadmap
In any economy, real or fake, stability comes with predictability. Gravity has the luxury of being able to make decisions that can positively improve iRO's stability. People want to spend money on something predictable and stable. So give us insight as to where iRO is heading. This is a road trip and users are not the whiney kid in the back. We are the driver. Without us, your vehicle moves nowhere. You are the navigator, tell us where we are heading (as best you can).

Be Happy
Your job is hard. We all understand. Don't see every criticism as a personal attack. It's not like that. Happy devs make better games. Don't hesitate to ask for help, either.

Happy Developing

#474 Harukashuji

Harukashuji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Server:trascendence

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:08 AM

I would only say that they are more attentive to the game and different servers, to control bots more often, they are disgusting and very annoying, the people who use them only make the fact that they are little girls XD

#475 Harukashuji

Harukashuji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Server:trascendence

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:09 AM

Solo diría que están más atentos al juego y a los diferentes servidores, para controlar los bots con más frecuencia, son asquerosos y muy molestos, las personas que los usan solo se dan cuenta de que son niñas XD

sorry for my english, I speak it very little

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users