Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 21 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
724 replies to this topic

#501 EIEIO

EIEIO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Only one here... DUHH!?!

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:45 AM

Hi there,

Will it be possible to change WoE times so there is at least 1 WoE 1.0 or WoE 2.0 that players from Asia can participate in? 

Right now, it falls on a Monday for WoE 2 & Thursday for WoE 1 at 8am in the morning. If anyone needs to travel to work at all, there is not a chance they can participate.

If you put it on a Saturday, then at least it'd be Sunday for Asia & still on the weekends for NA folks. Makes the server a tad more active.

#502 zeroaran

zeroaran

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 07:02 PM

Hello and happy Monday, everybody!

On behalf of the Ragnarok staff, I'd like to start a discussion on any ideas you all may have on improving Ragnarok Online. What do we mean by "improving"? It could be anything, from the type of content you want to see or the type of updates you like, anything you think would make it a better game.

Please refrain from citing things you want from kRO or jRO - we're aware that everyone very much wants the latest updates from kRO, but in this instance we're looking for original ideas on what the players would like to see in our game  :ok:

As always, please be courteous :)

Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you all!

I do have a couple of QoL improvements to suggest... that are either a bug or a feature, depending on how the dev team feels about them:

Full disclosure: Last time I played RO, it was in Private Servers, that I understand ran on the eAthena emulator... I think. It was also about 8 years ago. Renewal was just being tested in Korean servers, so I don't know if this existed before and was nerfed (wouldn't understand why) or it just never existed in the official servers and the emulators just had it. 

• Walking feels weird... If I need to walk around a tree, or a corner, sometimes my character doesn't follow. I have to direct them to a point in between... that feels clunky.
  • While auto-attacking (attacking with NC on) I cannot cast any skills right away. It seems like casting any skill while auto-attacking cancels auto attack first (although the timing is odd) then I can try to cast... this also feels kinda clunky.

That is at least mechanically what I can suggest.

Thoughts?

#503 IDexter

IDexter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBeyond the wall
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:37 PM

Bring back homunculus auto-attack. Afterall it's not about what studio wants to deliver but what players want. Homunculus is basically dead. People don't even associate homunculus with gene now.

Edited by IDexter, 18 February 2021 - 10:38 PM.

#504 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4121 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 11:25 PM

Bring back homunculus auto-attack. Afterall it's not about what studio wants to deliver but what players want. Homunculus is basically dead. People don't even associate homunculus with gene now.

It means skipping all the other class rebalance before 2nd gene rebalance, which is bad

#505 Ikanaaa

Ikanaaa

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:52 AM

PLEASE add the Soul Reaper!

#506 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:55 AM

1. I’m tired.

2. I genuinely believe and I say this with 100% confidence that this game is long over due for a wipe.

3. I want to live in a world where the cash shop does not exist.

4. Lastly if the game cannot self sustain itself without the use of cash shop items then it is time for iRO to go back to it’s original roots and go full on subscription mode and here are my reasons why.

So going back to my first point “I’m tired” and yes I know I’m quoting myself but this is how serious I am and I can say this because I have posted on many of the forums threads where it asked to give a suggestion or proposal or discuss what’s good for the server, etc.
Secondly I believe this server is due for a wipe because the last time a big update like 3rd job classes came out the server changed drastically to the point of a brand new renewal server emerging called Yggdrasil and then after merging with Chaos and guess what?!? 4th jobs are underway along with new expanded classes so either the clock tic it’s last tic or it’s still ticking but not for very long.
Yes I do dream of a world where the cash shop does not exist and this 3rd point will tie into the second and last points. Firstly and technically we couldn’t get rid of cash shop items if we wanted to because it is apart of the overall game, kRO is not in a rush to change how they manage making money but just because we can’t beat them doesn’t mean we have to join them and I say this because just because kRO is handling things one way doesn’t mean we have to follow in their footsteps.
Lastly if we want a full self sustaining game where money is not an issue then we need to put all those ocp items and cash shop items in game via monster drop, mvp drop, quest rewards, achievement rewards and even annual event quest rewards. Now I am aware that making a game self sustaining means that the player base either (A.) Has to stay constant or (B.) Has to have a slow and steady incline of players through time to maintain itself. This is a hard yet simple task for the game developers to do as it requires literally the player base to keep the game alive. If the game cannot do this then opting for a older system like subscription base is there best bet. One because it’s a steady constant flow of money. Two it doesn’t interfere in the pay to win aspect as the only thing you’d be paying is actual game play while everything else will be obtained via in game.

All in all this is coming from someone who wants nothing more than to see the game succeed in one way or another. I’ve been here since the very beginning and I plan on being here until the very end. If you’ve made it this far thank you and god bless.

Edited by freddym, 04 April 2021 - 02:27 PM.

#507 MASTERZMEGA

MASTERZMEGA

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Server:Final Fantasy XIV

Posted 15 April 2021 - 12:34 PM

What kind of "custom" update iRO could do without asking kRO's permission? Would you need kRO's approval to create custom maps (clone of existing maps), like overlook dungeon?

IRO Is KRO Slave they dont want any Improvement .

(1) Full Remake Be Nice

(2) No buying zeny or muti accounts and no damn Bots be Nice

(3) Better keyboard and mouse binding and full controller support be nice

(4)A Better Iro Server be nice  but they need staff with true skills not left overs and noobies

#508 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 30 April 2021 - 08:24 PM

Star Eyepatch [1]

An eye patch containing the great power of an Orc, who became a hero.
Class: Headgear
Defense: 200
Weight: 30
Requires Level: 99
Usable By: All Jobs
Increases resistance to Stun by 30%.
If equipped with [Orc Hero Card] and Base LV is 99 or lower:
For every 10 base VIT, ATK +10 and MATK +10.
For every 10 base LUK, VIT +1 and LUK +1.

If equipped with [Orc Hero Card] and Base LV is 100 or higher:
For every 10 base VIT, ATK +15 and MATK +15.
For every 10 base LUK, VIT +1 and LUK +1 >>>>>(Please make this at least VIT +2 and LUK +2 just to have

an advantage VS Base LV 99 or lower

So that getting Orc Hero card, would be more worth it, as it could be as close as to the orig effect :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Edited by Meddler01, 01 May 2021 - 05:23 AM.

#509 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 01 May 2021 - 10:39 PM

Is there a possibility of adding a server transfer service (From Thor to Chaos)

Based on a couple of days playing, Thor is at 200+ population while Chaos is at 1k+, not sure how many during WOE times in Thor but I guess can be 300 at max? 

I am not suggesting a server merge but an individual value added service where a non-WoE player like me can choose to transfer his or her account to Chaos(or vice versa) after reading terms regarding the effect of the transfer like different WoE times etc.

I've been out for a while and if I remember correctly, many people were against a server merge because of the OP items that came from pRO but now we have OCPs and those "items" from pRO are pretty much obsolete, if this is no longer the case can anyone please tell me why a server merge wasn't considered in these past couple of years? just out of curiosity.

#510 iROanth

iROanth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Thor

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:48 AM

I would like to share my opinion, economy in thor is bad, when you buy items, they tend to over priced. It is no longer good state of economy, you cant find friends to play with. Why not server merge? Because thor has items thats too powerful? Why not remove those so it can be merge in chaos? It is no more enjoyable to play :( or can you give us an option to move our character and items in Chaos? I guess some will pay for that extra value added service.

#511 iROanth

iROanth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:53 AM

Hard to sell items, hard to buy items. People are hoarding zennies too. Not enjoyable. Players who enjoys, only people in WOE. only people and players who take advantage of the server. how can old players will spend money on this server now? WoE and guild members are all the same, they cant recruit new players and friends. Sad

#512 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 May 2021 - 03:58 AM

Is there a possibility of adding a server transfer service (From Thor to Chaos)

Based on a couple of days playing, Thor is at 200+ population while Chaos is at 1k+, not sure how many during WOE times in Thor but I guess can be 300 at max? 

I am not suggesting a server merge but an individual value added service where a non-WoE player like me can choose to transfer his or her account to Chaos(or vice versa) after reading terms regarding the effect of the transfer like different WoE times etc.

I've been out for a while and if I remember correctly, many people were against a server merge because of the OP items that came from pRO but now we have OCPs and those "items" from pRO are pretty much obsolete, if this is no longer the case can anyone please tell me why a server merge wasn't considered in these past couple of years? just out of curiosity.

@Campitor

#513 7150201002031043503

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:43 AM

My suggestion is simple,

1) Server cant merge, i think is time different of WOE (after all if merge will end up a lot complaint of KS in leveling - totally not a good idea)

2) WOE - in Thor server need to be managed (Currently end up monopoly - a single guild can take over a lot province)

3) Bug fix is very important

4) Release new update of 185level cap (Even Taiwan server R.O early of this year already release cap 200 level - we are just too slow) 

5) Control a bit your RNG on any cash item, you lost income when cash player frustrated with over low drop rates

6) Thor server market price totally no need bother (Old player want sell high price on new player, same new player also selling cash item high price back to them) just simple don't buy if consider expansive that's all.

#514 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:31 AM

My suggestion is simple,

1) Server cant merge, i think is time different of WOE (after all if merge will end up a lot complaint of KS in leveling - totally not a good idea)

That's why I am suggesting a value added service where players can choose if they want to transfer or not, unlike a server merge where we don't have a choice.

Anway @Mods here is the current situation in our server, it is completely dead for non WoE players:

sFnKCxe.png

The Character Server Transfer did exist before so why can't they bring it back?

iRO Character Server Transfer Policy

The iRO community is a vibrant and active collection of players from all over the world. Through iRO, many users have found friends and established great relationships. The ability to adventure together and share in-game experiences has been the greatest aspect of the game.

However, a large number of players have signed up to play on specific servers without considering that their friends and families may be on different servers. As a result, we have received many requests from players to transfer their character accounts to another server so that they can meet up with their friends online.

Due to the many requests to server transfer, we have implemented a value added service and have enacted a new policy to meet these requests. If you desire to transfer you character to another server, the following service is offered.

Please note that this value added service is subject to terms of an agreement and must be paid for in WP Energy.

This Server Transfer policy was established in order to maintain game balance, prevent fraudulent activity, and to eliminate the heavy burden and cost it would put on the Customer Service Department.

We have reserved the right to end or modify this service at any time without prior notification.

All terms and conditions of the Ragnarok Online’s Terms of agreement and the Privacy policy found on iro.ragnarokonline.com apply to any transfer or attempted transfer of characters. You will not be allowed to transfer any characters to an account that is not yours and that was not originally registered by you.

FEE SCHEDULE

For moving characters on an account from one server to another:

1 character – 800 WP
2 characters - 1200 WP
3 characters - 1600 WP
4 characters - 2000 WP
5 characters - 2400 WP
6 characters - 2800 WP
7 characters - 3200 WP
8 characters - 3600 WP
9 characters - 4000 WP

GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS

Server transfer requests take between 48 and 72 hours to complete after the request is submitted.

The Request Form cannot be used to move two or more characters to multiple or different servers. If you would like to move multiple characters to multiple servers, you will need to fill out additional Request Forms.

1. For transferring character from one server to a different server, characters will only be moved with limited items and Zeny; these limits are described in detail further down this page.

2. Characters will retain all learned skills as they will not be removed during the transfer.

3. It is highly recommended that you do not give away or destroy existing items upon requesting for a transfer, as it is possible that your request for transfer may be denied. Items given away or destroyed in anticipation of the future move will not be returned.

4. Once a request has been made, users are requested to keep the characters that are to be transferred, in a ready to be transferred state. When the WP Team conducts the transfer procedure the account will be locked and the characters logged off, if you are not ready for the transfer whatever items were missing will not be transferred with the character.

5. Guilds: Characters will be removed from any guild association they may have as part of the character transfer, if the character is a guild leader, the player will be required to remove that character from the guild, via breaking the guild.

6. No character transfers will be allowed to or from the test server, Sakray.

7. Original character names may not be guaranteed in the new server if the name is already used by another user. User will be requested to submit 3 alternative character names to be used if original character name cannot be transferred.

8. Any characters that are currently a part of the adoption system at the time of transfer, will not be allowed to transfer to any server. However, married couples that have not adopted another character will be allowed to transfer, although they will no longer be married on the destination server. In the event that the child no longer exists, the married couple will be allowed to transfer.

For example:

If a bride and groom adopt a child, all three characters will not be allowed to transfer to another server. However, if a bride and groom have adopted a child at any point and the child no longer exists, the bride and groom will still be eligible for server transfer.

9. No refunds will be permitted once your request is approved and processed. If you change your mind about moving your character after they have already been processed, you will need to fill out an additional request for character transfer and will again be charged the required transfer fees.

10. If the service cannot be completed the WP Energy will be refunded.

11. Gravity Interactive holds the rights to deny any character transfer for any reason. Also Gravity Interactive may grant refunds on denied character transfers.

12. Item & Zeny limitations:

I. Item transfers are limited to what a character can carry on their character, Kafra Storage and Cart contents will not be transferred between servers.

II. Crafted items and forged weapons will be transferred. The name on the transferred item will be displayed as "Made in Ymir" or "Made in Valkyrie", depending on the originating server.

III. No cards or other etc. type items can be transferred. The exception to this is Kafra Shop items.

IV. Cards that are already in equipment are allowed with the following exceptions: MVP monster cards, Maya Purple, Deviling, Dark Illusion, and Ghostring cards. Equipment holding these cards will not be transferred.

V. 1 Pet Per character will be transferred. Please de-equip any pet accessory when setting up the character to be transferred and leave the pet accessory in your inventory. If you do not do this the pet armor will be lost during transfer.

Homunculi can be transferred with their Alchemists. However they will be reset to "newly called" status. They will be level 1, no skills, and intimacy will be reset. When transferred, any homunculi attached to the character will be lost.

VI. The quantity of Zeny a character may transfer is 10,000,000z per character.

Limiting the number of armor and weapon types that can be transferred.
1. 3 of any base armor types (Mufflers, Boots, Chain Mail, etc.) per character.
2. 4 of any base weapon types (Claymore, Damascus, Jur, etc.) per character.
3. No god items or god item pieces can be transferred.

Example, a character can transfer 3 mufflers, 3 Manteaus, 3 Fullplate, 3 Hats, 3 Caps, 3 Angelwings and still transfer more. Specific item type is what is checked, not what slot the gear will fill.

VII. 15 day "cool down" period in which an account can transfer from server to server.
(1 server transfer per account per 15 day period)

VIII. Items in large quantities
Items that are in large quantities are subject to inspection and may be denied in character server transfers.

IX. Quests should be completed prior to transfer, transferring will delete the “quest log (alt-U)”.

Edited by Usurper, 04 May 2021 - 05:56 AM.

#515 iROanth

iROanth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 01:55 PM

Server merge! And why not? By doing so they will have less maintenance, less cost. And eventually Thor players will also spend time, money again. So merge!
Server merge Zeny Wipe

#516 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 07 May 2021 - 03:13 AM

Cut out the middleman (warpportal) and make it a developer hosted mmo. From my experience dev hosted mmos have way better (eve is a great example) updates and communication, franchised mmos always lag behind.

Or warpportal can negotiate a better contract to allow more power.

#517 activista

activista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSt. Capitolina Abbey
  • Server:Ghost

Posted 07 May 2021 - 04:17 AM

Merge!

#518 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 07 May 2021 - 05:07 AM

Cut out the middleman (warpportal) and make it a developer hosted mmo. From my experience dev hosted mmos have way better (eve is a great example) updates and communication, franchised mmos always lag behind.

Do you speak korean my sir? If not good luck trying to complain about content to gravity just to have them completely disregard you and watch the numbers plummet then straight up give up on managing the servers in a span of 2 weeks.

#519 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 11:36 AM

No merge.. thats will make problem in chaos again.. n i think mostly thor player also play in chaos as well..cry baby.. just play new in chaos if u dont have..

#520 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 07 May 2021 - 11:58 AM

what a bad boi

#521 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 12 May 2021 - 11:29 PM

THRO once was the least up-to-date server in the world, struck in EP 14.2 for half decade.

Today they updated Infinite Space and someone already got Infinite Phreeoni card.

infinite_phreeoni.jpg

IRO have a chance to get this instance since 2017 but until now still never happen.

Pathetic.

Edited by Sigma1, 12 May 2021 - 11:30 PM.

#522 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 May 2021 - 11:46 PM

Many players in Thai RO spend and support server like mad, and still can’t really one hit delete AoE..

Many players in iRO wanna spend few dollars and one hit delete AoE and win the end game.

Feelsbadman

#523 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1717 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 13 May 2021 - 12:04 AM

Future update?

No news, no communication after announced the delay since March.

if 2021 iro just only update 185(or 200 as camp said) with 1 illusion dungeon, we can clearly said iRO is the slowest update server since 2020.

Nothing faster, more bug and hardly to fixing the patch after so many user posting in Bug report section. Is Cordite alive? 

#524 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 07:32 AM

This is 100% the issue with RO. We are in a constant state of seeing how far behind we are and WP clearly has no power to deliver anything in meaningful time. It actually makes no sense to me that a company would go through the effort of developing content and not releasing it to all the regions at the same time. There is no reason not to. Even Everquest does it.

Do you speak korean my sir? If not good luck trying to complain about content to gravity just to have them completely disregard you and watch the numbers plummet then straight up give up on managing the servers in a span of 2 weeks.

Dude, where have you been the last 10 years? This is already the case. I mean we can't even say the quest dialogue translation is remotely accurate. Also - isn't that a bit of a weird benchmark? There's more to gaming than your ability to complain about content. Such an odd thing to be caught up about. How reactive is WP to complaints? Not at all, actually this thread is a perfect example of how 21 pages of feedback goes completely ignored.

#525 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1717 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:20 AM

warpportal isn't middleman, It is website name from Gravity Interactive. Dev aka studio already hosted this mmo. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users