Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#76 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:59 AM

maybe he means a server thats not bot infested, plaqued by dupes and bug abuses and doesnt have 1/3rd of its population banned off with lots of guildleaders among them.

#77 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Freya

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:17 AM

Where were you when Re:Start became a thing

Playing Re:Start :)

#78 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:46 AM

VIP perks rethink

VIP needs a balancing act that suits modern day gameplay that everyone needs.

100% EXP

Imagine, during normal days, average players just AFK. Even they want nor need to level up their new chars they hesitate and wait for exp mod to fully utilize their precious time. With 100% VIP EXP that simply needs a subscription to VIP subscription and voila! Playing all day long. No need to wait for exp event mod.

100% Drop rate

During these modified events, lots of player wanders around, killing monster to monster even killing each other just to utilize the event. It is hard to compete with this kind of folks who utilize this kind of events which become so toxic in game. With 100% drop VIP rate. No need to compete with these kind of guys. Just subscribe to VIP subscription which available anytime you feel to farm all day, week, even months.

With this upgrade, players will be encourage to subscribe to VIP and have a relaxing game play.

edit: minor tweak :)

Edited by deforte, 14 May 2019 - 04:48 AM.

#79 astyrah

astyrah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:26 AM

along with the other suggestions here like improved marketing of the game, login rewards and what not, they should also re-consider complying with EU GDPR (or whatever else that made them remove EU access) and unban + re-allow players from the EU again, it wont bring all of them back, but some/few of them definitely might.

EDIT: oh right... that and better steam integration.

Edited by astyrah, 14 May 2019 - 05:27 AM.

#80 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:09 AM

Playing Re:Start :)

Oh :heh: rrright..

#81 BamBamNewbie

BamBamNewbie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Locationcollege students always broke =0= /sob
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:50 AM

is it anyway I can get my EU friends back? please 

#82 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:18 AM

My heart hurts reading this. ;_;

Is there actually anything that can be done about the EU?

Friends are the most important part of RO. I consider that a way to improve ragnarok online.

#83 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

Just execute rather than going too much back and forth with the studio. Already many good ideas above, also maybe for vip, could we have a private room like clab for BBing during event?

#84 xtremegene

xtremegene

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:03 AM

Agree that whatever can be done to get/keep more players and overall pop (marketing, noob friendlier paths and gears: Eden stuff is always nice tho):
Sadly since resubbing and playing again since last year policies and pop been dropping off...(even in the guild I joined too)

#85 xtremegene

xtremegene

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

Also if not thought of yet: (and since can't edit posts on mobile forums it seems):
Get free/cheap advertising on RO mobile apps (even ROM) to trumpet up RO/iRO (as technically it is free to play as well..
Except giving up your soul/time investment of course). Captive audience!!.!.!!

#86 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:28 AM

I wish they could unblock EU and TW too, but apparently this one is on kRO/Gravity and theres nothing WP can do about it. Seems that euRO is able to comply with GDPR just fine, but for iRO they just cant. Its quite suspicious to me, kRO/Gravity is definitely up to something. Seems that it is part of their foolish regionalization scheme, they made use of the GDPR opportunity as a proper excuse to regionalize EU, except that it doesnt work and they wont play euRO anyway.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 14 May 2019 - 10:29 AM.

#87 VModCoconut

VModCoconut

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:37 AM

Please keep on topic to things that you want to see improve iRO without the theories about what kRO did and/or is doing about regional blocks that iRO has no control over. That topic is beyond the scope of this thread.

#88 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:47 AM

Please keep on topic to things that you want to see improve iRO without the theories about what kRO did and/or is doing about regional blocks that iRO has no control over. That topic is beyond the scope of this thread.

A very sincere question, what is within the scope of this thread that iRO does have control over?

I think establishing that might help the kind of input that comes into the thread to filter out the kRO and regional block comments.

#89 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:58 AM

Yeah a good question for improving ragnarok would be asking how much can actually be worked on.

If the limits that kRO are imposing are too constricting for iRO when creating any custom content/tweaks, then the only real suggestion I can sincerely make is that they properly ask for more freedom

#90 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:01 AM

Parroting a lot of suggestions with a few fresh ideas:

• VIP Expansion
    • 50% EXP/Drops > 100% EXP/Drops default
    • Do something with VIP Summoner. Replace it. Update it. Remove it.  Something.
    • Beef up +7 VIP Foods to something better
    • More VIP exclusive instances? Malangdo sort of fills this role but also sort of sucks at filling this role.
    • Tier VIP into several categories. People want more passive benefits, they can pay more.
  • Overhaul Archaic Systems
    • Do away with EXP Penalty. Drop Penalty hasn't been in since the early, early stages of Renewal. Do away with EXP Penalty, too. Let people challenge themselves by going somewhere harder or stay where they are if they feel comfortable.
    • Do something about MVP Reward System. Currently, winning MVP Reward does not guarantee having drop priority. Being the "MVP" is invalidated because 99% of MVPs don't give anything worthwhile as an MVP Reward (most give 1 OPB or worse) and people would much rather have drop priority than a useless MVP Reward drop.
      • Curb the 'uselessness' of this MVP Reward System by slotting the MVP's Card (if applicable to the MVP) into Item Slot #1 of the MVP's reward table at 0.01%. The card will not roll 99.9% of the time, meaning the game will go down to Item Slot #2 (usually the OPB, OCA, etc.) and attempt to roll that for success/failure, etc. MVP Reward cannot be modified by drop modifications, Gum, events, etc. So this is a permanently fixed 0.01% to get an MVP's Card if you happen to get MVP reward. For those who think, "oh my goodness, you could get 2 of the MVP's Cards at the same time!" Good luck, that would be .04 * .01 = .0004% chance of getting 2 MVP Cards simultaneously from 1 MVP with HE Gum active. That's 1 in 250,000. This is a deeply needed change that has the potential to reward people who are able to win MVP, but miss out on drop priority because the system is 16 years old and really garbage. I highly doubt anything is going to be done like modifying how drop priority functions, so this seems like a fair alternative that can benefit all players in a general sense.
    • Make party sharing more attractive than now. A +/-15 level window to play with others is really restricting. At least increase it to 20 or 25 which allows everyone to play with everyone inside of a Gramps turn-in window. Also change Sacrifice to mirror the party share range. Currently it is +/- 10 levels, so you can get a share party with someone 11 levels lower than you and you can't Sacrifice them at all. That's dumb.
    • WoE God Items suck, so make them better. At the very least, eliminate random God Item Pieces from boxes and return to specific pieces coming from specific castles. Or up the rate of God Material Boxes from 0.01% to something not so damn low. Currently, it's near impossible to create God Items from scratch with the current system in place. And why would you want to waste your time making something that isn't even that good anymore?
    • Consistency in bound items. All of the new MVP Cards are not account bound while everything older is. Get some consistency and line these two up correctly, or do away with the account binding if items can't be properly updated as they come in.

#91 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:04 AM

Make VIP character bound. Spam alternative characters and abuse ET is a reason why everything in game is so cheap. Only supply, no demand as it’s so easy to do instances in game.

Lots of in-game items and few OCPs. We get what we have right now in market.

#92 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:05 AM

Add Gioia to VIP summoner!

#93 VModCoconut

VModCoconut

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:16 AM

A very sincere question, what is within the scope of this thread that iRO does have control over?

I think establishing that might help the kind of input that comes into the thread to filter out the kRO and regional block comments.

Yeah a good question for improving ragnarok would be asking how much can actually be worked on.

If the limits that kRO are imposing are too constricting for iRO when creating any custom content/tweaks, then the only real suggestion I can sincerely make is that they properly ask for more freedom

I can not speak for the staff on this but my understanding from the original post is that kRO content and decisions about regional zoning is something that the staff already understand is an issue and kRO content will come when they can get it and the staff knows this is something players want. Regional blocks are a choice kRO made and are very unlikely to walk back on. It sucks we have all lost friends with regional blocks but kRO has enforced them for whatever reason they have. We likely will never know the complete reason outside of speculations and educated guesses.

This thread, I believe, is what people want outside of those topics. Such things can include events, quests, VIP improvements, and many other things that are being discussed. The two things I mentioned above seem to be out of the scope of what is asked by Astra on post #1. I have asked people to not post about the region lock because it can become an aggressive argument very quickly and make a thread derail. If you want to talk about this region lock issue you may PM me but I will be removing further conversation as it is out of the scope of this thread. Sorry.

#94 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:19 AM

Just thinking out loud...

Is it possible for the GM to stream WoE or WoE TE and then with live commentary? 

People used to stream WoE, but obviously there is no point streaming WoE right now when it is just literally two guilds fighting over and over again.

https://m.youtube.co...il-34SWU&t=162s

People are obviously interested even if it’s 2 guilds fighting. I’m still surprised that crappy WoE of mine got 1.7k view on this dead WoE. Most viewers probably game from private server folks. 2 guilds or 3 guilds jerking off each other’s doesn’t matter as long as here are some good actions.

The thing is, I’m all for a CM/GM steaming WoE. The problem is they are probably not trained to detect fishy things. Most cheaters detect cheaters because they are both cheaters. So instead of showing people how fun WoE can be, it will be showing how cheaters go rampant in iRO WoE instead.

And as long as we can’t have transparency and we still believe in favouritism (until proven there is actually none). Cheaters won’t even get a ban.

WoE should be as fair as possible and players should fight to get free OCPs. Few OCP rewards, lots of players want to fight for rewards, completion! Making OCPs obtainable through events/instances in game will put the company into bankruptcy because no one will pay money to get OCPs especially most of us now have tons of level 175 characters to abuse it.

#95 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:42 AM

WoE should be as fair as possible and players should fight to get free OCPs. Few OCP rewards, lots of players want to fight for rewards, completion! Making OCPs obtainable through events/instances in game will put the company into bankruptcy because no one will pay money to get OCPs especially most of us now have tons of level 175 characters to abuse it.

I agree with this. Allowing each member of the the winning guild/alliance who participated to get one OCP box of their choosing when WoE ends would increase interest for people wanting to get into the game, so to speak.

That said, the limited amount of times that WoE is offered that many people (myself included) cannot be online for presents a hurdle that would need to be considered. Is it possible to extend or add more WoE times?

Even crazier idea - if all you need are two guilds to have a match, can you do something like WoE On Demand? It could have a cool abbreviation like 'WoE OD' to make all the kids think that it's super hip.

#96 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:52 AM

Short version
VIP revamp - more exp/drops
Maybe a VIP only Gramps turn in map?
More variety of monsters in turn in maps. It's just the same ones in a cycle. Gets old
Better buffs
Additional storage or something

MVPs
They all need a drops change. Maybe not all but a lot of the older MVPs definitely do.

Maybe a mvp summoner for low level characters for new people? Like under 99s only. No 3rd jobs? With some good drops like MCA s etc

I don't woe/pvp anymore so can't really comment. It will never have the numbers it once had but it definitely needs a revamp. Better drops. No OCP items.
Maybe hold a monthly woe where it's players vs GMS and the guild to hold And or break the castle at the end gets free VIP or 500 bloody branches or something that the entire guild has a chance to be a part of.

Events!
More events like the Christmas mvp event for sure.
The nightmare endless tower like some people before me mentioned sounds like a very good idea.

And a God dang banking system.

Edited by hammie, 14 May 2019 - 12:05 PM.

#97 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:54 AM

I agree with this. Allowing each member of the the winning guild/alliance who participated to get one OCP box of their choosing when WoE ends would increase interest for people wanting to get into the game, so to speak.

That said, the limited amount of times that WoE is offered that many people (myself included) cannot be online for presents a hurdle that would need to be considered. Is it possible to extend or add more WoE times?

Even crazier idea - if all you need are two guilds to have a match, can you do something like WoE On Demand? It could have a cool abbreviation like 'WoE OD' to make all the kids think that it's super hip.

When I said “fair”. What I meant was, disable MvPs, disable OCPs, and many Bio 5 headgears. Most important ban cheaters lol

WoE times are quite tricky. In the past, I actually suggest to have WoE times move 1 hrs later every week. This means everyone around the world should have the opportunity to WoE, to explore and enjoy this aspect of end game. As WoE times weekly change, defending guild(s) can’t always log in jus to defend and enjoy free easy Econ unless their dedicated players always want to change their weekly schedules to suit WoE times.

Being said, OCPs won’t be monopolized by defending and/or big bullying guilds. And everyone who wants to participate in a very fair WoE (no OCPs, n MvPs, cheaters get banned (hopefully lol)), should have their rights to WoE.

One can dreammmmmmm ~

Edited by nyyaan, 14 May 2019 - 11:55 AM.

#98 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:54 AM

Oh and if it's possible bring back USRC or some version of it!

Edited by hammie, 14 May 2019 - 11:59 AM.

#99 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:01 PM

I can not speak for the staff on this but my understanding from the original post is that kRO content and decisions about regional zoning is something that the staff already understand is an issue and kRO content will come when they can get it and the staff knows this is something players want. Regional blocks are a choice kRO made and are very unlikely to walk back on. It sucks we have all lost friends with regional blocks but kRO has enforced them for whatever reason they have. We likely will never know the complete reason outside of speculations and educated guesses.

This thread, I believe, is what people want outside of those topics. Such things can include events, quests, VIP improvements, and many other things that are being discussed. The two things I mentioned above seem to be out of the scope of what is asked by Astra on post #1. I have asked people to not post about the region lock because it can become an aggressive argument very quickly and make a thread derail. If you want to talk about this region lock issue you may PM me but I will be removing further conversation as it is out of the scope of this thread. Sorry.

Gms ask how to improve ragnarok online. We tell you that you need to raise the population, as the people currently in charge are largely responsible for the fact that the population of iRO has droped from 6000 people online on all servers combined to what now, 1600? in just 5 years.

We tell you that it might be easier to get people play again that already play this game 5, 10, 15 years+ might be easier than getting completely new people to play this grind heavy korean game thats heavily reliant on RNG + ruled by cashshop items that are expensive as hell thanks to years and year of GMs ignoring issues hiding behind the kRO excuse. (bots, dupes, bug abuses)

The fact that your chances are higher to gain back people that you ripd off enormously and treated like disposeable waste than gaining completely new people just speaks for the quality your server is in nowadays, this isnt jRO or kRO.

Dont ask your community for help over and over again if youre scared of hearing stuff you dont like to hear, youre still acting like your back in 2013 when 4k people on chaos alone were playing. Still to be seen if this will end like the "how to improve WoE" threads...

\\edit: Of course if you got alternatives to bring in new people so at least you got like 1k PLAYER (!!!) online most of the time you could just ditch it and shut me up about it, but I dont see it and the statistics say otherwise.

Edited by Netha, 14 May 2019 - 12:04 PM.

#100 sylwen

sylwen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

why couldn't we add Oda food, HE gum, bmx3, bloody branches to WoE treasure boxes. Then that way we win castles we collect basic generic (useful items) and if players want to collect them to trade into grandma boxter they can. Or they could use them if they want to level or sell. or whatever. Either way it will make it easier for everyone else to enjoy when everyone can access these cause the price will drop since easier to get.

just trying to keep it simple :)

also bio5 Kagerou headgear please

Edited by VModCinnamon, 14 May 2019 - 04:09 PM.
Mod Edit: Merged posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users