Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
720 replies to this topic

#126 xMLGzus

xMLGzus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1117 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:06 PM

Free ocp on birthday !

Only saying this cause my birthday is on the 16th (Thursday update)

#127 asdafgah

asdafgah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:13 PM

Just improve WOE castle drops and rewards like castle specific items, rare equipments, etc. 

Most likely if those castle drops are better more people will be enticed to participate to have a chance in obtaining those.

#128 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:47 PM

the most likely outcome is that this thread will be ignored beyond reason, but still i want to put my 2 cents:

PVM

improve VIP perks.- like many said, VIP is so lackluster nowasdays, just buff it a bit or put some quests avaible only to VIPs with either enriched ores or OCP rewards.

Work the monsters AI.- as said, the game AI is so basic that the monsters actually seem like just dummies wearing diferent skins, i would sugest that monsters could be updated with server sided custom AIs, im sure that the players could pull some really interesting AIs that you guys could use for certain monsters (seriously, a beholder snaping into a GX meelee range to auto it is beyond stupid, you could program it to actually snap AWAY when engaged from meelee range). this aplied to some MVPS could actually make them more challenging.

MVP rewards.- like many said, add some use to either the MVP monsters etc items (like trade for eden badges), or actually add an npc that would trade X amount of the etc item for the monster card (like ghost palace). the point is, to make mvping more rewarding.

give us a reason to log in daily.- a daily log in reward like many said

give us a purpose to play diferent instances.- like many said, the cancer in this server is the OCP and yet it is its lifeline, you need to keep pushing stuff trough the cash shop, but you cant make it the best of the best, since it removes the reason to actually play to become stronger. my sugestion  would be to remove from the ocp the best or most desired item, create a hard event that actually makes players team up to play (like the TLAP one) and put said item as a RNG obtaineable reward from such event. bonus points if you put extra buffs on the months OCP items (like extra damage/ reduction/ extra drop chance) for the duration of the event to intice buying the OCP for a better chance to get the ingame item. point is, make us work for it not pay for it (in the end youll get more money if the players are enjoying playing).

WOE/PVP

in this area my knowledge may be to small since i quited woe all together when renewall rolled in, but from experience nobody wants to be on the losing side in a competitive matter, and that is important specially if you are already defeated before the competition due to a big gap. due to that, games where everybody begins the competition in an equal footing tends to be very popular, for that i sugest this.

make a special woe with only selected items.- perhaps for a first run you guys could use the sakray server. the idea rellies on putting every item (both gear and consumable) on the "no effect in this map" list, then each month stablish a list of objets that you could make with a rental tag for 1 day that are allowed in the map. add an npc that gives once every woe the characters an X amount of coins, wich can be traded for the allowed consumables and gear (wich should be ofered at diferent upgrades). the point here is that everyone would begin woe with a preset of items wich would put evrybody on the same level gear whise , and allows the server to keep the OP objects away from the competition. to make it more interesting, you could make it that killing an enemy nets you more coins, but perhaps that could be worked latter on.

the idea here is to balance the clases on the pvp scenario acording to the results and introduce diferent variations every month wich keeps things interesting. also if you remove the cancer of everybody oneshotting everything or spamming infinite pots so that nobody dies unless one shotted would make things interesting.

Comunity.

seriously be more open and o tell us every now and then if things are going to change or not, WE DO NOT LIKEE TO BE LIED ABOUT OR BE IGNORED WHEN ASKED

#129 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:47 PM

Yea... would like to suggest post 150 leveling, especially Verus fields; would like to see Verus with BBQ although i hate myself for 5x5 AoE which still cannot reach those robots efficiently.

And, reduced CD for Gramps TI for both VIP and non-VIP.

#130 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:13 PM

Reading this signature ^

I would actually really like some tangible collectibles to remember the game by.

#131 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:40 PM

Unused cards

5 random cards for 1 OCA

10 random cards for 1 MCA

Add a NPC to trade 5 random card, 30% chance rate to success to get 1 OCA or 10 random card for 1 MCA.

Monster card for related item

You can trade 1 card (example poring card) to 100 poring ticket, exchange this poring ticket to get related drop item from poring (the item you got rate same as the poring drop rate).

And yes if 1 Ifrit card = 100 Ifrit ticket, by exchange the ticket you will get items drop equal to killing 100 Ifrit (except the card)

So lets just said "Pouring card" exist, exchanging 100 Pouring ticket will give me 400~700unidentified fish, because unidentified fish is the only Pouring drop..... maybe more because all Pouring's drop table is all unidentified fish, maybe you will got like 500-800 unidentified fish from 100 Pouring ticket.

Special buff same as the monster card effect

There also a NPC where you can give your card to get a buff related to the card, it had duration and you can extend the duration by pay more zenny during exchange (1 hour, 1 days, 3 days, a Week, or a Month), 50% chance the effect gone if you dead.

•Disable monster drop under <5% for Novise, and 1st, 2nd and 1st expanded classes, this is to prevent bot farm in early level, also make it more easy for the staff to manage bots, everything back to normal after players manage to become Transcendent classes or 2nd expanded classes.

Edited by EdwinKuswanto, 16 May 2019 - 03:02 PM.

#132 frankvanmayer

frankvanmayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:14 PM

Oh just a side note here, if you want to sell monthly VIP subscriptions you're going to need to take the kid gloves off. Double the current VIP EXP & Drop Rate, make the Eden buffer give out Oda buffs, do a universal VIP warper for all Dungeons, Instances & Towns, 30 day Halter Lead and like 100 EMBs. That can be a START if you want to see the subscriptions sell.

#133 Pivorus

Pivorus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:21 PM

fix the quest log system make them all removable after the cooldowns. i just did a sura job change quest and this job change sura is permanent on my quest log. or better yet make an npc to erase logs or a premium item.

#134 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:24 PM

Instances give supplies such as WoE whites, Yggs, Speed pots, +20 Food, etc. What other supplies WoE folks use, you name it. I forgot the rest lol

Then, WoE give OCP items. 0 Econs can give commons while high Econs can give semi-rares and rares. Since we've got TONS and TONS of OCPs, you got a lot to rotate around.  You can as well assign that for this week, Valk 1 and 2 will give OCP 1 while Valk 3 and 4 will give OCP 2. You get the idea.

It is as simple as that. PvM folks farm WoE supplies and sell to WoE folks. WoE folks fight for OCPs and sell PvM folks. 

Ez game Ez WoE ... tbh  :heh:

#135 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:51 AM

Increasing the number of monsters in commonly used maps would also be super helpful if that is something that can be changed.

I remember when I spent time trying to level in Scaraba Hall and Nightmare Clock Tower and Illusion of Vampire - it was awesome when I could log in and there were only a few people using those areas, but during times when the dungeons were busy it seemed like all the monsters had already found people to play with and I was all alone.

More monsters could also increase the rate of party play, because then people might need a friend to keep from being overwhelmed.

That's my suggestion for today. Maybe I'll think of another one tomorrow!

#136 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:13 AM

Since we have given a ton of suggestions Are the GM's able to give us some feedback on the suggestions? If any of them are actually possible? A time frame for implementation. Just so this isn't a one sided discussion.

#137 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:21 PM

I’m not the type of person to doubt, I know y’all work very hard but...what will be done with this information? Will it be compiled into the possible changes that can be made and the player base will decide? Or will we just have to wait and see changes?

Although this thread has been up for a few days I am certain that thing kind of thread only raises questions and raises hopes that there will be an answer at some point.

Could we possibly get an estimate for when we might get a response from administration? Thank you.

#138 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:17 PM

Probably a week.  :dunno:

#139 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:18 AM

they are busy closing topics that are 3 months old and got bumped with issues they didnt fix for 10 years+++, because thats so important. So dont expect a reaction anytime soon.

#140 xsefiroth

xsefiroth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTH

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:32 AM

1.Market place / auction System
-can buy/sell item over 1b via NPC.  not need player open chat room for sell.

-Player can deposit all zeny in account in this system to buy some item like 50b 200b.
-Server will not heavy load for merchant open shop in town.

-easy find item no need to use bot detect shop list.

-Solve problem char can  hold money cap at 2b.

2.add some item in cash shop / npc zeny
-Poison bottle , Glistening coat ,etc.

-balance gene not OP too much from other class.

-Decrease bot who find ingredients for many food .

-Pull out zeny from system ,lower inflation.

3.NPC trade card
-same KR but rule harder
-list all card in tier , exp. MVP card is tier1  mini boss is tier2 ,rare mon is tier3 other is4.

-Card can random in only same tier , exp. If player want to get 1 random MVP card they must bring 2mvp card to trade.
It can't use poring card to random for mvp card.

4.Fashion / costume
Bring it a lot  more costume that can use in fight.
More mount design not fix by class.

-This make a lot money to you like other company do.

-Fashion is rule everything haha.

-Many player don't mind to stronger or not but If they can looking good more they will invest a lot for this.

#141 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:21 AM

Placeholder

Edited by IgnotusCarl, 17 May 2019 - 02:30 AM.

#142 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:44 AM

Fix Nidhoggur's guardians bug (killing with aoe doesnt complete the count)!

#143 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:21 PM

Hey everyone,

Just popping in to say wow and thank you all for your thorough, detailed suggestions.

These will all be relayed across (and above) the team. Unfortunately I can't make any guarantees as to how or when any of these may be implemented, but please know that they are all being seen and taken into account.

Thank you  :lv:

#144 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:25 PM

Hey everyone,

Just popping in to say wow and thank you all for your thorough, detailed suggestions.

These will all be relayed across (and above) the team. Unfortunately I can't make any guarantees as to how or when any of these may be implemented, but please know that they are all being seen and taken into account.

Thank you  :lv:

This is your xxth "wow thank you" and I think I'm more than ready to see no changes lol

You're welcome  :glomp:

#145 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:27 PM

time to give the feedback to the higher ups so they can dismiss it and sweep under the rug :D

#146 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:23 PM

Another great suggestion!

Move the RO1 section of the forum back to the top of your games sections.

Re:start is deader than Classic, idk how that is possible but it is.

(now seriously tho, say a potential new player visits the forum to see what's up, the first thing they see is the re:start section and how -_- abandoned that server is. Doesnt look very good does it?)

Edited by Ashuckel, 17 May 2019 - 05:24 PM.

#147 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:37 PM

Another great suggestion!

Move the RO1 section of the forum back to the top of your games sections.

Re:start is deader than Classic, idk how that is possible but it is.

(now seriously tho, say a potential new player visits the forum to see what's up, the first thing they see is the re:start section and how -_- abandoned that server is. Doesnt look very good does it?)

I have to agree with this one. 

Specially given the amount of responses RE:Start forums gets....let's show them Chaos Renewal is a lot more alive

#148 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:56 PM

Got a couple late suggestions I edited-in as well:

Spoiler man: Into the Spoilerverse

Edited by ninJedi, 17 May 2019 - 06:10 PM.

#149 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:56 PM

My guess is when the studio visited they were like "so what is it your players want the most because we can give you 3 things." and they didn't have an immediate list. Now they do so we'll see.

Edited by Scuba, 17 May 2019 - 07:56 PM.

#150 cfarizz

cfarizz

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:57 AM

Pets evolution..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users