Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
497 replies to this topic

#151 vinstc

vinstc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

please bring us -
1. NOGH
2. kRO classes skills remake
3. 185lvl
4. difficult challenges (ocp is fun allows many different builds but making this game too easy)

i guess we dun mind putting money in the game but without almost any updates this is y we frustrate n leave. RO is a nice game please keep it alive!!!

Edited by vinstc, 18 May 2019 - 06:28 PM.

#152 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:47 PM

Reading this signature ^

I would actually really like some tangible collectibles to remember the game by.

Finally someone noticed! And yes, tangible collectibles as well please!

One more suggestion is to introduce more character sprites, either from jRO, the old RK sprite or we could have iRO customised character and ride too.

#153 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:definitely not in iRO :P

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:11 PM

Hey everyone,

Just popping in to say wow and thank you all for your thorough, detailed suggestions.

These will all be relayed across (and above) the team. Unfortunately I can't make any guarantees as to how or when any of these may be implemented, but please know that they are all being seen and taken into account.

Thank you  :lv:

its ok if not all of the requested change will happen but as long as there are changes that will happen and can make this inhospitable servers hospitable again 

#154 Name85738

Name85738

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:44 PM

Instant PVP invitation in any map and allow PK for only gap level +15 players.

#155 PaulEdward

PaulEdward

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:41 AM

Hope you guys are aware that majority of the player quit due to the OCP.. WOE is what keeps this game alive and OCP just killed it.

IF you will LEARN how to disable the gears that can balance the WOE... then players might come back...

The game economy is so much better during the time without the OCP. Only random boxes that contains FAW and the likes.. no other gears from diff countries.

Implement the Character Costume and the New HAirstyles

Edited by PaulEdward, 19 May 2019 - 12:43 AM.

#156 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:45 AM

This is nice thread and we can suggest certain things other servers may not have. But and its a big but. I know u guys have a lot in your plate already and u are asking for a completely new thing for our server and yet u cant even give us the update kro or jro has. It doesnt make sense to me.

Anyways i agree with what other people say about bumping the vip membership. Seriously some people farm gtb vip/ or not and we basically have the same chance of getting it. Lol

#157 Ahmed0Khamali

Ahmed0Khamali

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:09 AM

A small quest that allows you to exchange your Base/Job-EXP into Job/Base-EXP, or something else like items.

I want to say zeny, but if I am to suggest zeny, I need to add a cooldown to it, so players don't abuse it.

But seriously, exchanging Base-EXP to Job-EXP will be AMAZING!

What do you think?

#158 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 May 2019 - 01:05 PM

A small quest that allows you to exchange your Base/Job-EXP into Job/Base-EXP, or something else like items.

I want to say zeny, but if I am to suggest zeny, I need to add a cooldown to it, so players don't abuse it.

But seriously, exchanging Base-EXP to Job-EXP will be AMAZING!

What do you think?

AFAIK All bounty boards and Gramps Turn in Quests allow this feature on VIP subscription account.

You can switch either to fully allocate the quest exp to base only, job only or split base and job normally.

#159 Ahmed0Khamali

Ahmed0Khamali

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:00 PM

I was referring to the existing EXP bar that you have. You know. The one where you have to die to lose it. But come to think of it, I can take the EXP rewards and simply switch the Base into Job... oooooooh 0_0 I see your point XD 

AFAIK All bounty boards and Gramps Turn in Quests allow this feature on VIP subscription account.

You can switch either to fully allocate the quest exp to base only, job only or split base and job normally.

#160 Ahmed0Khamali

Ahmed0Khamali

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:56 PM

I just remembered 2 AWESOME suggestions(Well, at least the 2nd one is awesome to me XD):

1- Game does not change, but I bet that many many people really miss chatting with their mother tongue. So, can the game have text language ad other texts, so we can chat and open chat rooms in our language? Since it is iRo(International Ragnarok Online), and chatting in your language will attract players from other countries!! The game will still display in English and Support team interacts with English. PLEEEEAAAASSEE. This will be huge.

2- I know this is random and strange, but can you make it possible that the skill "Stone Fling" be openly used everywhere and let players be hit with it? Damage should be 1-5 Nothing more XD XD XD It will make life spicier, trust me! lol

Edited by Ahmed0Khamali, 19 May 2019 - 04:05 PM.

#161 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2253 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:02 AM

i dont understand...

player are to much asked request for Nightmare old glastheim but GM team never update thats dungeon..

Why?

confused...

#162 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:05 AM

i dont understand...

player are to much asked request for Nightmare old glastheim but GM team never update thats dungeon..

Why?

confused...

Production Team can only implement what is given to them from Korean Ragnarok Online.

#163 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1336 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:16 PM

Zeny vend/trade/character limitations need to be dealt with. I know our reality regarding zeny is not the same as kRO but it is a daily struggle for iRO.

And don't give me that integer limit crap, there are ways to work around that and they're not that complicated.

Off the top of my head, here's one way to do it

1. Wherever the zeny value is kept in the database, add a seperate value that will store the amount of billions a character has.
  2. Add an npc, "Zeny Keeper", or whatever.
  3. NPC allows you to deposit/withdraw 1 billion at a time into that new billion value in the database, no ingame item needed here so no duping. Make sure to block withdrawing 1billion if it makes you exceed regular zeny limit...
  4. Integrate that new billion value to all the necessary trade/vend/etc. windows/functions to be traded at the same time as regular zeny. Increment/decrement it through transaction functions. (Either the same ones or make one more called at the same time for each situation)
  5. You can now have roughly 2,149* billion billions on any character.

We would basically trade two different values when vending/trading/etc. One still limited to 999,999,999 as it currently is and another one for the billions. Not ideal, could end up with 10b banked and 2b on character, but still perfectly functionnal. Simply don't overlap both, keep them split and not affect each other. Except for the deposit/withdraw part of course, but not transactions. As in don't allow trading 500m regular zeny if character already has 2bil and overflow it into the billions value, keep regular zeny count as is and add this additional billions layer.

Otherwise it would require to go much further into the logic and circumvent the integer limit by using text values when sending to transaction functions and then extract the billions/regular zeny parts of it and do all the calculations behind the scenes and return billions/regular values into the DB fields but that would be a lot more work and have more issues related to it. Trying to keep it easy for them.

Edited by Ilindith, 20 May 2019 - 02:18 PM.

#164 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:27 PM

Eval7aa.png

"We need to improve Ragnarok Online, what do we do?"
>Delete Classic

cgvwkcr.gif

Edited by Toxn, 20 May 2019 - 02:29 PM.

#165 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18155 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:28 PM

re:start too please!

#166 Cavazak

Cavazak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:00 PM

We need events that really bring great rewards and can make players play together. You took the first step on this path when you did the TLPD, but I do not know until today why you did not continue the idea of ​​events in that style. I know new content is welcome, but after a while it will become "old" and "tedious." A significant part for the fun of the games are event, they escape the monotony of day to day. I do not know how to tell you what rewards the community might want, I guess asking is the solution, but I'd like something that could use cards within the game, for example, I keep many cards in the hope that someday I'll use them in some event.
I have read several times here proposals of event and rewards, but were ignored.
I hope that these ideas given in this topic will not be forgotten

#167 Greenfu

Greenfu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:12 PM

Now i realize your improving means close Classic server.

Trying to get players to renewal?

what a shame 

Eval7aa.png

>Delete Classic

cgvwkcr.gif

What a shame.

#168 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:40 PM

what a shame 

What a shame.

Spoiler

Well..i mean a lot of people warn them that the servers are dying and one guy here ( campitor) always saying "its fine, we got like a lot of it"(even thought most are bots and AFK vendors). its like sitting in a room that is already on fire. 

well..now at least they already know where are heading so i guess it will be a fun ride of trying desperately not to close the server in order for it to survive for another year wahhahhaa 

#169 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

what a shame

What a shame.

You should realize that you have no future and no update by playing on classic server. And yet you mad because the server will shut down soon? If you playing on that server, you should accept the consequence. Beside Classic has no profit at all. No ocp, less vip user, and less player. If I were the wp owner, I will do the same action to close the server. The maintenance cost to run the server is higher than profit gain from kafra shop and vip combined.

#170 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:09 PM

Spoiler

Well..i mean a lot of people warn them that the servers are dying and one guy here ( campitor) always saying "its fine, we got like a lot of it"(even thought most are bots and AFK vendors). its like sitting in a room that is already on fire. 

well..now at least they already know where are heading so i guess it will be a fun ride of trying desperately not to close the server in order for it to survive for another year wahhahhaa 

Well, Chaos folks are not even in a better position to talk about Classic closure lol

We should just sit tight and open some more OCPs. Chaos doesnt even get as many updates as new OCPs. The OCP revitalization was the most hilarious update due to a sudden loss of loyal spenders/supports  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#171 Greenfu

Greenfu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:56 PM

RIP, time to move on.

Better leave this good memories in this moment.

Bye guys

#172 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:10 PM

Eval7aa.png

>Delete Classic

cgvwkcr.gif

u get a medal for this lol :heh:

#173 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:56 AM

We should just sit tight and open some more OCPs. Chaos doesnt even get as many updates as new OCPs. The OCP revitalization was the most hilarious update due to a sudden loss of loyal spenders/supports  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

i can see it especially how buggy and super messy the terra gloria update during its first release in the server (it was unforgivable.that is also the time OCP are also being tested..idk if the terra gloria is just an excuse to test these cash items)

If we remember

>The update listed by campitor didn't match to what we received at terra gloria update didn't match because kRO said "you get the basic" (understandable given the fact that korean gaming companies are the worst) 

>What i'm pissed off about is the bug regarding the update that time. its like over a week since some people (including me) reported at the sakray testing thread a bug in the questline that causes a player not to continue the quest.. if i remember, it was fixed 3 days before the launch. and that's just one bug (not enough time to see or even map the whole update). so yah... the update is terrible at its first day, people left and right reporting the same thing we reported during sakray testing and if that bug was fix early, the next bug should be prevented when the update goes live in the servers.

>but on the bright side. i am surprise on how OCP are handle with care..i wish that kind of treatment to these cash items is the same as the updates that we get.

its just a grain of salt about the mismanagement of iRO. i hope the illusion update is not buggy as terra gloria.. those bugs can be prevented early if it was fixed early..

#174 Kershant

Kershant

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:27 AM

as people have been saying for ages already have an npc or item to remove your quest logs. 

#175 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2253 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:35 AM

Eval7aa.png

>Delete Classic

cgvwkcr.gif

Confused
+1 GM team