What is Ragnarok: Transcendence? - Page 12 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What is Ragnarok: Transcendence?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
920 replies to this topic

#276 Hurancank

Hurancank

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:32 PM

Don't say that, on official servers you have updated content since the developers can talk with Gravity.

"Hey, why is someone screaming 'no changes planned and episodes coming years later ?'"

On official you also have more security, your account won't be deleted and you won't lose all your stuff.

"Oh wait, am I hearing iRO Classic somewhere ?"

Oh god, i actually loled. This could go as deep as saying pserver got zero before oficial western servers.

#277 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Breidablik/묘르닐

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:34 PM

Good news is, no pirate server has emulated kRO zero

Bad news is, someone competent could probably do it

#278 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:11 PM

I’ve played and followed kRO zero for a long time now. I’m willing to give out information about the player side of things (for free) to players and even WP staff. Just ask!

Feel free to post or pm me. Knowing what players expect would be very useful to making sure that we meet the expectations of our community.

#279 JonahElbert

JonahElbert

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:25 PM

^ That exactly. 

On a side note, the registration page seems to be broken still. People are still complaining over facebook lol. 

Edited by JonahElbert, 15 November 2019 - 03:27 PM.

#280 GenkakuBR

GenkakuBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:26 PM

Feel free to post or pm me. Knowing what players expect would be very useful to making sure that we meet the expectations of our community.

Players expect a new server with new mechanics(Rag Zero), we really dont need a new server 2 years behind kRO with progressive updates like RE:Start was.

The community wants more information, the way it was this announcement looked like you had an idea and played to see if there would be positive response from the players.

Edited by GenkakuBR, 15 November 2019 - 03:26 PM.

#281 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:32 PM

^ That exactly. 

On a side note, the registration page seems to be broken still. People are still complaining over facebook lol. 

What error messages are they getting? I was able to register with a pre existing WP account just now.

#282 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

Does it will have support for Mac OS?

#283 Hurancank

Hurancank

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:37 PM

A few,  my dearest Camp. A few

In an attempt to gather reported technical issues this far:

• Unable to pre-register from some regions with a message: "You are not allowed to view this content." e.g Indonesia, Brazil.
    There may be a region lock, assuming that said region already provides the service. There's no official response on this yet so leaving it at that.
  • Freshly created Ragnarok: Transcendence account ID does not show up on WP account page > Account Information. It is visible however under Power UP Page, throws a generic server error when clicking on the account ID from Power UP page. Confirmed.
  • Can only register 1 account. If going by the known limits, it is 3 game IDs per game, it is possible there's an exception here for beta release. Need official response.
  • Users wishing to register using their existing WP account to try the suggestion posted here. The link to login can also be found in the image linked below as it barely stand out in the landing page.

#284 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:50 PM

A few,  my dearest Camp. A few

• Unable to pre-register from some regions with a message: "You are not allowed to view this content." e.g Indonesia, Brazil.
    There may be a region lock, assuming that said region already provides the service. There's no official response on this yet so leaving it at that.
  • Freshly created Ragnarok: Transcendence account ID does not show up on WP account page > Account Information. It is visible however under Power UP Page, throws a generic server error when clicking on the account ID from Power UP page. Confirmed.
  • Can only register 1 account. If going by the known limits, it is 3 game IDs per game, it is possible there's an exception here for beta release. Need official response.
  • Users wishing to register using their existing WP account to try the suggestion posted here. The link to login can also be found in the image linked below as it barely stand out in the landing page.

1. This is intended. Our contract area for RO has not changed sadly. So we can't accept new costumers from regions we do not hold a contract for. Pre existing costumes from some regions should be able to register (I may be wrong) such as users who came to us with Thor.

2. I will report the error message. Since the game isn't active yet it doesn't show up under the active account list. It will appear when the game goes active.

3. I will report this I don't know if the account team intended this or not.

4. This issue should be fixed. However the visual aspects could use improvement.

#285 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:07 PM

So Camp can you tell us the remaining regions that still available for WP US?

#286 Persever

Persever

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:08 PM

@Campitor, when you guys going to release infos about the game?

#287 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:05 PM

tbh as long as there's no bots, ill try it out

Edited by Lilp, 15 November 2019 - 05:09 PM.

#288 SkYiiNG

SkYiiNG

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:43 PM

Pretty much, yes. Re:start like taiwan RO with UI improvements.

Unfortunately twRO origin(like Re:Start) will merge to Renewal server at 10/12/2019
https://ro.gnjoy.com...ew.aspx?id=3369

It mean twRO close it then iRO revival it ?

1st and 2nd Job skill balance not just RO:Zero
Renewal Server also have it

RO:Transcendence all listing info(for now) twRO Renewal server already have it
I think just a version update,
but WP want to open new server then use new title only

#289 Persever

Persever

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:56 PM

It is cheaper to buy a closing server(twRO)?

#290 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Breidablik/묘르닐

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:03 PM

Unfortunately twRO origin(like Re:Start) will merge to Renewal server at 10/12/2019

Hmm. Interesting

#291 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:16 PM

Easy, just give us a translated version of the kRO RO:Zero and keep it up to date.

#292 Ahrounwarrior

Ahrounwarrior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:34 PM

• Users wishing to register using their existing WP account to try the suggestion posted here. The link to login can also be found in the image linked below as it barely stand out in the landing page.

1. This is intended. Our contract area for RO has not changed sadly. So we can't accept new costumers from regions we do not hold a contract for. Pre existing costumes from some regions should be able to register (I may be wrong) such as users who came to us with Thor.

2. I will report the error message. Since the game isn't active yet it doesn't show up under the active account list. It will appear when the game goes active.

3. I will report this I don't know if the account team intended this or not.

4. This issue should be fixed. However the visual aspects could use improvement.

Here in Brazil, we have the WarpPortal BR, that is the Gravity's branch here in the South America, we should be able to register in the iRO with NO IP restriction, but instead of it, we need to use vpn to do so, everyone should be free to register and play in the International Ragnarok Online server, after all this is an International Server but the contract says "We chose the ones who will be able to play in our International server."

I like iRO so much, but, I see as if you (GRAVITY) do everything to demotivate us to play here and go to whatever server we want, except this one.

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Ahrounwarrior, 15 November 2019 - 06:56 PM.

#293 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:38 PM

Here in Brazil, we have the WarpPortal BR, that is the Gravity's branch here in the South America, we should be able to register in the iRO with NO IP restriction, but instead of it, we need to use vpn to do so, everyone should be free to register and play in the International Ragnarok Online server, after all this is an International Server and not the guys like >> We chose the ones who will be able to play in our server.

I like iRO so much, but, I see as if you do everything to demotivate us to play here and go to whatever server we want, except this one.

Sorry for my bad english.

It's not like the Warp Portal staff can choose which regions they want to service or not. If Gravity Korea gives the rights to another provider, there's nothing Warp Portal can do about it. I'm sure they'd love nothing more than to take your money if they could.

#294 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:53 PM

The post before this one made me wonder.

Do people not understand that there is a contract behind all the things that can be done by WP? People seem to think that WP chooses to lock regions and not let them play amongst other things

#295 Hurancank

Hurancank

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:10 PM

Merging like this feels like going "hey, we cant keep it up, or dont want it. So here, it ever happened and play our other server that you didnt want to play before, but surely will want to now"

#296 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:48 PM

This is going to have the same faith as re:start/classic. Might as well call it re:start 2.0. Bunch of RT players during a couple of months. February renewal opens. RT players moving back to renewal. RT players declining. Staffs decided to merge RT to renewal. The end.

#297 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:09 AM

where will you put RT subforum? above or below RO 1?

#298 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:19 AM

It mean twRO close it then iRO revival it ?

1st and 2nd Job skill balance not just RO:Zero
Renewal Server also have it

RO:Transcendence all listing info(for now) twRO Renewal server already have it
I think just a version update,
but WP want to open new server then use new title only

TWRO in the nutshell. :)

image.png.dd48a37479d879f48eb1e9fb21dd88

Edited by Sigma1, 16 November 2019 - 04:24 AM.

#299 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:19 AM

I registered for an account on the new server since I figure in the two months hiatus for Renewal I might end up missing RO and I'd like to see what the new server has to offer. But I have some serious reservations from what I've seen announced so far.

My experience on Chaos with it's extreme delays in systems updates has made me feel like a second class citizen to a development team that does't care about the players of their game. Receiving updates years late, always incomplete, and introducing bugs and other issues requiring rollbacks or worse has become the norm. The delays have become so severe that the base game of kRO which iRO should mostly reflect now plays almost entirely different as most (all?) skills have received updates which have not come to iRO. Even more egregiously iRO renewal is two level caps behind kRO. This literally is mind boggling to me and make it impossible for me to recommend anyone join such a poorly managed server. Another related frustration is that other regions using the same game type seem to almost always be given priority on receiving updates while iRO, which should be considered the premier server as it covers players from around the globe, often times receives their updates years after those other regions or not at all.

The above in mind, to say I was disappointed reading here that more of that awful update system is what is promised (a minimum of a year delay to get to the current content) and is held up as a positive is unacceptable to me. I'm not sure how much more clear us players need to be when say we want to have parity with the base game of kRO. To that effect what I'd want to hear about for this new server is:

A. Details of the plan to catch RT up to the current systems and content available in kRO's Ragnarok Zero server . Ideally this should be an accelerated version of kRO's the original update schedule but where we receive each patch on a monthly or faster basis until there is parity

B. Details of the team at the developer that is dedicated to iRO's RT with timelines and other evidence that we won't be left at the back of the queue when it comes to updates.

C. A community liaison that works with the development team that would allow warpportal to pass player feedback to improve the game. This would greatly improve community engagement as currently we feel ignored and that our views are unwelcome.

D. More QA at the studio level to test the game to ensure new content works as expected before it is sent to iRO for players to do further testing on our test server.

E. RT version of Sakray.

As none of those will be forthcoming I expect any new server will end the same way as Re:Start and Classic. You change nothing about the underlying causes of resentment from the more dedicated players and seem to be surprised when the server fails because when those who should be you biggest supporters feel mistreated and then shout from the mountain tops telling everyone to stay away. 

Anyway those are some of my thoughts on RT and I do want to honestly say good luck with this new server as this version sounds like a ton of fun but as it stands I don't see much of a future for this new endeavor.

#300 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:24 AM

Will Gravity ever reconcile with content modders and external content creators to bring this game back to the top or is it going to be an eternal war between modders, stakeholders and official developers? It feels like this game has hit rock bottom and won't sink any further. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users