What is Ragnarok: Transcendence? - Page 31 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What is Ragnarok: Transcendence?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
920 replies to this topic

#751 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:51 AM

And yet most players are louder about having an offline vending system over revamping the auction house

I think this is largely because those loud players are relatively new and not yet fully aware of the past existence of an auction system (myself partly included)

RO doesn't exactly have a "complete list of all features" that's frequently updated and easy to find

#752 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:17 AM

And yet most players are louder about having an offline vending system over revamping the auction house. Which is what led the developers to work on an offline vending system instead of fixing the auction house system. It's rather contradictory how players clamor for more efficiency in the game, but demand the most inefficient way to sell stuff.

Very true. Even I don't know there's an existing Auction System until around the time pRO almost at its end (2014) when it was actually existing way before that. And when I saw it for the first time, the Auction is like a Ghost Town. No auctioned items.

First a foremost, multiclient removes teamwork.
Instead of helping other players in the game, you would rather multiclient and level up countless numbers of your own accounts. 

Expanding on my first point, my second point is with multiple accounts a player will inevitably loss their gear. Then they will complain to everyone about where is my MVP this, my GOD item that and they will never share the spoils of collective efforts. Again removing teamwork and creating a rather toxic atmosphere of mine mine mine.

Third reason is just balance. 
You shouldn't get an advantage just because you have multiclients open. Highpriest is the extreme here, the advantage in a PVP with someone without a highpriest's buffs is just unbalanced, unfair and makes people not want to play. You also create these classes where they are fully buffed, and other classed that are a buff, each class should be chosen for its own advantages and should all be capable. You want a wide range of players, player a wide range of characters, otherwise you end up with 10000's of rogue bots.

Additionally, as for passing items to other accounts, there's already Rodex and Guild Storage (provided both characters belong to the same guild) to easily pass the items without multiclienting. If either Auction or Offline Vend or both would be implemented, I don't see any other reason for multiclienting anymore.

not that long, maximum 5 item vend certificate only need to kill 3 each of Eremes, Sorin, Cecil and Keyron in bio3

also it seems the quest cooldown is per character

I see. At least I can quest to each characters this way even with a hassle to transfer the item to be vended for different characters once a day. :heh:

#753 Kronners

Kronners

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:36 AM

Guys i didn't understand one thing... This new RT, will have 3 Class? Like, RK, GX???

#754 Hurancank

Hurancank

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:39 AM

The more i read discussions the lazier (more lazy?) i get about getting into it. Most of them are personal opinions on "whats better".

Here is my take, maybe of an old geezer:

Multiclient does more bad than good, we can sell things while not playing, this also help other people sell their stuff and we have to make choices, which is nice somewhat;

Antibot has to be priority number one;

Cash shop can exist, i dont want to pay to play as i have little time and most of my paid time would be drained into nothingness.

#755 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:42 AM

Prontera Culverts

Edited by IronFist, 11 December 2019 - 05:44 AM.

#756 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:18 AM

The more i read discussions the lazier (more lazy?) i get about getting into it. Most of them are personal opinions on "whats better".

Here is my take, maybe of an old geezer:

Multiclient does more bad than good, we can sell things while not playing, this also help other people sell their stuff and we have to make choices, which is nice somewhat;

Antibot has to be priority number one;

Cash shop can exist, i dont want to pay to play as i have little time and most of my paid time would be drained into nothingness.

Your life doesn't warrant a p2w cash shop. Moreover, with iRO's cash shop model you'll most likely spend more than a p2p system.

Edited by ShoLin, 11 December 2019 - 08:19 AM.

#757 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:54 AM

What's the point of multi client anyway? If you say vending, well implement an auction house that does it for you like master Tigress has said before. Other than that I see no reason to multi client.

People multi client for kaahi soul linker buff,for priest buff ect.I only use it to have my vendor up,if they made an auction house it would shed the need to do it for me.I try to make my chars as self sufficient as possible ((like withi tems and cards that enable other class skills and such))

Edited by Darkshneider, 11 December 2019 - 10:07 AM.

#758 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:46 AM

First a foremost, multiclient removes teamwork.
Instead of helping other players in the game, you would rather multiclient and level up countless numbers of your own accounts. 

Expanding on my first point, my second point is with multiple accounts a player will inevitably loss their gear. Then they will complain to everyone about where is my MVP this, my GOD item that and they will never share the spoils of collective efforts. Again removing teamwork and creating a rather toxic atmosphere of mine mine mine.

Third reason is just balance. 
You shouldn't get an advantage just because you have multiclients open. Highpriest is the extreme here, the advantage in a PVP with someone without a highpriest's buffs is just unbalanced, unfair and makes people not want to play. You also create these classes where they are fully buffed, and other classed that are a buff, each class should be chosen for its own advantages and should all be capable. You want a wide range of players, player a wide range of characters, otherwise you end up with 10000's of rogue bots.  

1. Teamwork will still be there, just bc you multiclient doesn't mean you can't get a party and you can multiclient IN a party, in fact i helped ppl with my priest while leveling, so a moot point.
The funny party is that you think just bc ppl can't multiclient they will look for a party, in my experience teaming with randoms tended to make leveling much slower unless you get someone that knows what they're doing, so if you're a solo player like me, it won't matter that you can't multiclient.

2. This one makes no sense and i guess english isn't your 1st language bc i didn't understand anything you wrote.

3. That has nothing to do with balance and you make no sense, so if an sinx has a party with just a hp and faces off against another sinx with an extra linker, how will you balance that? And what does bots have to do with this?

The main focus on multiclienting should be on making it worst using it than not to; anybody would prefer someone with it's full focus on his char in a party and it will always be faster that way.

Edited by Minabe, 11 December 2019 - 10:57 AM.

#759 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:18 AM

Multi client definitely detours from from teamwork.

Moreover, this game is single player minded so that makes it even worse.

In other mmo games, I have some bad news if you think you can solo/buy your way to the top.

I understood him fine. tldr non multi client introduces more verity and people just think for themselves.

Take out multi clienting, make the game where you have to party and make it decently challenging like every other mmo. This I click then I win -_- needs to go. Self res needs to take a hike too.

Edited by ShoLin, 11 December 2019 - 11:20 AM.

#760 LeginNoslen

LeginNoslen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:24 AM

I think its pretty pathetic how some people feel good from knowing that they have taken something, that did not effect their lives whatsoever, from others.

#761 DemigodCelph

DemigodCelph

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:27 AM

And no one is going to stick to your no multi client approach.
Not when high priests have a buff that reduces all incoming damage by 50%

I don't care who you, how legit you want to play.... reducing 50% of all incoming damage is the strongest buff in the game and players are going to go to extreme length to have it on their characters 24/7. More so in your little MVP, PET TANKING environment. 

Which is exactly why multi-clienting should be banned.

#762 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:36 AM

Multi-clienting isn't entirely bad though.

Say for example when you/your party are inside an instance and someone forgot an important item in their storage(usually guild storage for me). You can just log-in an alt to go retrieve it and then have it Rodex'd. Same goes for supplies like additional pots and ygg leaves.

I support making the game not multi-client oriented
But I'm against removing it completely.

#763 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:02 PM

Multiclienting is useful, but honestly if not having it would help with bots somehow I wouldn't care.

Call me old fashion, but if you want to play a healer, dps and tank all at once go play an RTS. The idea is to party and play together, afterall.

Edited by havocstopper, 11 December 2019 - 12:09 PM.

#764 lxlskazylxl

lxlskazylxl

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:23 PM

I believe that improving some 1st mage and 2nd and all classes provides a way to have more build possibilities, for example: better soul strike, higher cast level auto spell skills, more attention to skills that never had much space in builds.

Edited by lxlskazylxl, 11 December 2019 - 12:23 PM.

#765 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:32 PM

Multi-clienting isn't entirely bad though.

Say for example when you/your party are inside an instance and someone forgot an important item in their storage(usually guild storage for me). You can just log-in an alt to go retrieve it and then have it Rodex'd. Same goes for supplies like additional pots and ygg leaves.

I support making the game not multi-client oriented
But I'm against removing it completely.

Don't forget to bring your items?

Get a guild member to mail you the items? Oh wait this game is so single player minded it's a rare time you'll have 2 people on at the same time.

Edited by ShoLin, 11 December 2019 - 12:33 PM.

#766 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:05 PM

Don't forget to bring your items?

Get a guild member to mail you the items? Oh wait this game is so single player minded it's a rare time you'll have 2 people on at the same time.

How is the game single player minded? Other than botting anyway, back in my day there were these things called guilds... though i get once you hit max lvl in renewal you can pretty much solo all the content, though it seems there won't be 3rd classes so.

#767 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:42 PM

You delusional? Everything is so bloody easy/cheese strat no one bothers to party. Everyone rather solo than party. The game doesn't help when they make soloing easier than being in a party. Main words are, in the day. Furthermore, that was before end of renewal. Where it made sense to have a party. Now everything is one click I win. I question if you even play the game right now.

Keep this -_- away from the new server so it doesn't become -_- like Chaos.

Edited by ShoLin, 11 December 2019 - 01:43 PM.

#768 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:08 PM

WVoi0C7.png

If you see this while making an account, disable adblock.

#769 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:31 PM

December 16

#770 boloso

boloso

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:48 PM

closed beta tho xdDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

#771 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:44 PM

without Zero skill balance changes

#772 Loguin

Loguin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:44 PM

CB yay. I'm glad we got some good news. Still a few days off but it gives me time to clear out my schedule a little just in case I get in. Here's hoping.

As far as multiclienting goes, I'm going to try to stick with just one account myself. I understand why some users prefer to do things all on their own, but it's much  more fun and engaging when you can find a group of people to do stuff with. It's possible to solo without multiclienting as well. 

#773 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:01 PM

I will give you a glorious death, i will send you to Valhalla.
When you see Odin, tell him the Dragon has sent you. 

#774 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:07 PM

Multi client sucks ... no argument needed further as Sholin already explained it. Even during WoE, noobs used auto FCPs and auto warpers  :heh:

Though we know that ...

1. Multi-client will exist and lots of bots are so ready to do the work.

2. It's gonna be F2P with Cash items. Cash items are bound to be powerful, more powerful than in game items.

3. Diablo 4 will come out next year or a year later? Lilith is so hot. Feel bad for Inarius but he's coming back for sure. 

Edited by nyyaan, 11 December 2019 - 08:11 PM.

#775 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:34 PM

Just out of curiosity.. Can you give 3 decent reasons why people should not be able to Multiclient?

With vending being my main reason FOR multiclientint, what are your AGAINST views?

1- It's not the way the game meant to be played. It's supposed to be a party game, back then at the start you chose to be a healer, a tank, a dps, a support etc and you need to find people to complement your character. It makes no sense that you should play alt-tabnarok and command all party roles by yourself

2- It would bring back player's identity that was lost at RO's launch. Where you knew player X would be an awesome forger (and would buy XP leech), player Y would be the best healer ever, player Z is one you can count for mobbing etc...

3- It's just plain ridiculous. Cmon, you really think it's fun having to make a Linker, a Sage and a Priest to follow your main char around?

About vendoring, it honestly should have the offline vending option or maybe actually implement the AH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users