PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOTS ON TRANSCENDE! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOTS ON TRANSCENDE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
298 replies to this topic

#26 sonatta

sonatta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:57 PM

lit looks like the same botting team who infested ragnarok msp/ragnarok exe thai (same gameguard EAC).. and now they decided to plague to iroT.. this explain why theres no bot in ragnarok msp for now coz they switched server lol

Edited by sonatta, 14 February 2020 - 01:58 PM.

#27 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:13 PM

Can GMs read the previous version of posts before edits?  If so that's one way we can point out specific maps

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 14 February 2020 - 05:15 PM.

#28 Isaacextremee

Isaacextremee

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:51 PM

I give up opening tickets, even bots farming eternally, destroying the economy, 1 week I think enough to ban, I will play just 1 more month and go back to my old games, ridiculous to play a game that marked my childhood that way

#29 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:58 PM

Can GMs read the previous version of posts before edits?  If so that's one way we can point out specific maps

Hello

The official communication channel of the GM team is through support tickets.

Seeing edited posts is unlikely, they are not forums moderators, what's being done though is when such specific/targeted reports come up on forums, they are hidden from public view and forwarded to the GM staff directly through the provided channels to the VMod team.

I hope that answers your question.

#30 XianHuo

XianHuo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:43 PM

Basically what this all means is "We are unable to handle the situation properly, so we must rely on this cumbersome ticket system which is very ineffective but at least is an excuse for us to avoid a mob of angry players on the forums (which makes the situation looks much worse). We also can't provide a ban list / more information because that would just make evident the incompetence of our staff."

The ticket system won't work, and it's not because players are not willing to use it, but because the feeling of impunity is too big. I've reported 5 players, and 3 days later, they are still farming Sea-Otters, so I end up feeling so disrespected that the whole time I spent to capture data to incriminate the cheating player didn't mean anything.

This is draining all my motivation to invest time in the game, because I know that my hard work will soon be completely worthless due to the inflation that will hit the server like a truck and make all the farming I did meaningless.

It's not fun to spend an hour and make 400k in the Sea Otters, just to see the tens of bots operating many hours a day and making all those millions.

Until the staff actually does something by analyzing the logs and detecting all these players that are online for inhuman hours, or doing inhuman things (like killing exclusively sea otters until until they are 99), we won't see an improvement.

We don't need a magic solution that completely remove bots from the game (which EAC is proving that its not). We need to make bots life risky enough that it's not worth to pay ~100 dollars for the bypass.

#31 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:18 PM

Hello

The official communication channel of the GM team is through support tickets.

Seeing edited posts is unlikely, they are not forums moderators, what's being done though is when such specific/targeted reports come up on forums, they are hidden from public view and forwarded to the GM staff directly through the provided channels to the VMod team.

I hope that answers your question.

Moderator, GM, w/e.  I meant whoever reads the threads like the airstrike one and reports in :rolleyes: 

#32 ShiryouOni

ShiryouOni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTornado Alley
  • Server:Loki... Classic

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:26 PM

Basically what this all means is "We are unable to handle the situation properly, so we must rely on this cumbersome ticket system which is very ineffective but at least is an excuse for us to avoid a mob of angry players on the forums (which makes the situation looks much worse). We also can't provide a ban list / more information because that would just make evident the incompetence of our staff."

The ticket system won't work, and it's not because players are not willing to use it, but because the feeling of impunity is too big. I've reported 5 players, and 3 days later, they are still farming Sea-Otters, so I end up feeling so disrespected that the whole time I spent to capture data to incriminate the cheating player didn't mean anything.

This is draining all my motivation to invest time in the game, because I know that my hard work will soon be completely worthless due to the inflation that will hit the server like a truck and make all the farming I did meaningless.

It's not fun to spend an hour and make 400k in the Sea Otters, just to see the tens of bots operating many hours a day and making all those millions.

Until the staff actually does something by analyzing the logs and detecting all these players that are online for inhuman hours, or doing inhuman things (like killing exclusively sea otters until until they are 99), we won't see an improvement.

We don't need a magic solution that completely remove bots from the game (which EAC is proving that its not). We need to make bots life risky enough that it's not worth to pay ~100 dollars for the bypass.

I hate to agree, but I totally do. This is how it's always been on iRO, I don't really expect anything to change all of the sudden. All they have to do is randomize the ports and or ips weekly or bi weekly to eliminate most botters. This would mean frequent updates and some botters would catch on, but I believe it would mostly be the ones botting for financial gain. There's so many simple ways to break/detect a bot It's honestly more puzzling to me that they haven't been stopped by now.

#33 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:59 PM

I hate to agree, but I totally do. This is how it's always been on iRO, I don't really expect anything to change all of the sudden. All they have to do is randomize the ports and or ips weekly or bi weekly to eliminate most botters. This would mean frequent updates and some botters would catch on, but I believe it would mostly be the ones botting for financial gain. There's so many simple ways to break/detect a bot It's honestly more puzzling to me that they haven't been stopped by now.

Not to sound like a bootlicker, but I don't think the staff is as big as we think they are, some maps are crawling with bots, they can't halfass it and accidentally ban legitimate players.  It'd be bad for business, they get more than just bot tickets too. Blizzard had a way to tell if a certain pvp bot program was on the PCs of wow players, I wonder if that can be done here

Meant to quote the guy you replied to too

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 15 February 2020 - 12:04 AM.

#34 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:25 AM

rofl
things are turning into
ro re:start v2

#35 7926170719135018827

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:38 AM

Im glad this topic is getting attention, I started a thread about this and didnt get any attention at all.....But the bots must be stopped, this is literally one of the best starts of a Ragnarok server in history and will literally be destroyed and ruined if the bots are not stopped......like stopping valuable items from being sold to "keep economy stable" yet letting bots run rampant is so counter-productive....come on guys do better, I believe in you.

#36 MouseHuntGaming

MouseHuntGaming

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:45 AM

Reported 10 bots on the same map with SS of their AutoResponse chat but still no work, bots still lurking on the same map. Its 1:1 ratio for real players and bots.

#37 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:25 AM

Moderator, GM, w/e.  I meant whoever reads the threads like the airstrike one and reports in :rolleyes:

Ah, the airstrike thread, yes.

Though I am not sure about that yet seeing Campitor mentioning an update with EAC to block new cheats.

#38 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:26 AM

Reported 10 bots on the same map with SS of their AutoResponse chat but still no work, bots still lurking on the same map. Its 1:1 ratio for real players and bots.

thats a much better ratio compared to ReStart

#39 Mykthos

Mykthos

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:17 AM

I just want something easier to report bots... Tickets even for someone that create a lot of reports take time and it´s boring.

A fast way bot ticket creation would be great.

#40 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:21 AM

Make map monsters don’t drop any loots. All loots are dropped in instances. Can bots talk to NPCs to generate the instance, go in, proceed to steps, and finally kill boss? That’s gonna take some programming skills to do so hahaha

#41 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:54 AM

So much for EAC.

#42 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:52 PM

i already saw this coming , i remember in ayothaya field a full squad of bots roaming and cause us to disconnect due a huge bot players until yeah its wipe out but then again their back again , next after few months there is a DDOS incident closing in few days until they fix , then full squad of bots again in juperos due to exp bug , and after a year all item prizes become more very expensive until the population drops , this is the scene ive witness in iRO restart, now if GMs didnt take care RT expect that this will end up like restart believe me ive spend on that server and wishing that i shouldnt play that game and focus on renewal...RT is like a passing time while waiting for renewal maintenance over...

#43 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:55 PM

rofl
things are turning into
ro re:start v2

Fear mongering won’t save Thor and Chaos. Even if RoT dies, people won’t join Chaos. Well, tbh, all RO servers, official or private, are P2W lol

#44 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:51 PM

That bots will always win....

#45 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:23 PM

Fear mongering won’t save Thor and Chaos. Even if RoT dies, people won’t join Chaos. Well, tbh, all RO servers, official or private, are P2W lol

"growth" thats what i perceive ragnarok as.

chaos / thor , just too steep

anyone would choose to go for a freshly open server. be it private or official.

#46 WhyUs

WhyUs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:28 PM

The bot always response "I'm not a bot" and usually they block pm..kinda funny

#47 Glonfel2

Glonfel2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:54 PM

Any GM online to check those bots in yuno_fild08? please?
There are like 20 to 30 bots there or even more

#48 Fourbid

Fourbid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Server:RT: Chaos

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:34 PM

Any GM online to check those bots in yuno_fild08? please?
There are like 20 to 30 bots there or even more

20 to 30 bots on a single map? OMFG! Gold digger might have risen from the grave. Airstrike should be enforced!

#49 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:39 PM

KqxBu0k.jpg

This is how to dealing with bot:

•Right click their character, choose 1:1 chat.

•dont say anything, just close the whisp panel.

•click the left panel in your typing chat panel and press ↑ and you will see the name of the suspected bot character's name.

•bold the name (click it) and then ALT+C to copy.

•Open ticket with tittle "BOT REPORT 2020-2021" and go to:

(https://support.warp...frmTickets.aspx)

•The ticket form can be something like this:

Nick: someahole

Job: Rogue

Maps: GH (Dark priest maps)

Nick: cykabliat

Maps: Stapho maps

Nick: putangina

Maps: Amatsu Dungeon

Nick: okurwa

Maps: Rachel, anacodac maps

Nick: anaklonte & anakharam (group bot support)

Job: Rogue & Priest

Maps: The deepest Dungeon it Glast Heim (Majoruros maps)

Nick: Thaibangsat

Maps: Comodo 9 oclock direction (Stalatic golem)

•You can make a notepad and ALT+V (paste) their nick, and add some information, exactly like in form like I show you above.

•This is more easier than what I did long time ago (using imgur, and upload the screenshot for evidence), I keep making long ass bot report complete with screenshot for 2 hours every maintenance, until I gain a trust from GM.

Spoiler

•And send it during server maintenance only.

•Dont say anything near suspect, not even PMing or Whispering them or mailing them, just simple emoticon (/paper) and see if they react to you or not, if not then it can be possibly a bot.

Players spread in so many different maps, with different leveling method, see if the populated maps with bots you was reporting getting cleared is really fun.

Edited by EdwinKuswanto, 15 February 2020 - 10:13 PM.

#50 stormboyx

stormboyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:Quit

Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:28 PM

I just stop play it. My dream is a sever without this bot stuff, and on friday i took some screenshots of bots on cmd_fild04, now there are more and more. I refuse to play like this, so anyway thanks guys wish you all the best. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users