PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOTS ON TRANSCENDE! - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOTS ON TRANSCENDE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
298 replies to this topic

#76 Nyawja321

Nyawja321

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:16 PM

They can definitely bypass EAC with trials and errors. But at $50/month? I doubt that there are mass botters in RT. If I step on an auto triggered gold digger, that's the time that I would believe that there are enormous bots in the server. You can even count in your hands the players selling millions in FB not to mention an average of 10m to 30m zeny only. So what's the catch? Nothing.

i saw some people selling/trading zeny and its hundreds of millions, someone even offered 200m for some of my steam items

Edited by Nyawja321, 16 February 2020 - 11:17 PM.

#77 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:35 PM

I swear one of these days my rogue is gonna get reported for being a bot in the sea-otter map(saw a guy spamming /scissors on me but im too busy trying to get all the mob kills), well you guys should start farming there and kill-steal those bots its very fun, you will see them change target immediately if you get too close to a mob

the nature of bots depend on how it's being set.
some dont even care others tele upon seen 

#78 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:37 PM

i saw some people selling/trading zeny and its hundreds of millions, someone even offered 200m for some of my steam items

wow that stinks

failed..

#79 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:46 PM

Pay couple bucks to bot in RoT then RMT to earn money back, plus profits ... ez xD

#80 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:29 AM

Steam items?, is this the one offering steam items trade in chatroom for Zeny? If yes, that's a fake/scam and part of zeny trader ring. Please avoid, and if you see them report them immediately.

#81 Nyawja321

Nyawja321

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:13 AM

Steam items?, is this the one offering steam items trade in chatroom for Zeny? If yes, that's a fake/scam and part of zeny trader ring. Please avoid, and if you see them report them immediately.

I've been lurking in the forum since i started playing ROT (about a week) and the conclusion i got to is= reporting is a pointless effort so why bother

#82 Fourbid

Fourbid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Server:RT: Chaos

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:40 AM

Dude it's fake. It's pure scam. There are only 3 players holding atleast 200m+ zeny in RT. And 2 of them are well known legit players. That steam trader is also a scammer in Chaos.

#83 Kamikaze122

Kamikaze122

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:31 AM

You need to do something urgent before it's too late, bots are pushing players away, usually on weekends 4 thousand people were online, this weekend only 3k people online. The gms have to act actively in these bustling bots and you have to think of a way to keep bots out of the game. Because players who really care about the game will end up giving up transcendence just as they have given up on other ragnarok servers that have played. This game has a lot of potential but you need to protect it so that players are not harmed by it. Save Transcendence!

Edited by Kamikaze122, 17 February 2020 - 06:33 AM.

#84 Lugal

Lugal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:45 AM

It's not that simple bro. They can't just ban anyone because you suspected one. Not all reported bots are bots. After all, the deleted video links and photos here in the forum regarding bots are not even bots. Imagine you will ban someone you think is a bot because he auto follow or he uses a rogue or you didn't get a reply, blocked you or winged. The accused player can even counter ban that bot accuser for harassment if he keeps on following and messaging. But I'm not saying there's no bot in the server or it's 100% clean. But OMFG, the reported bots are regular players. No wonder you still see them play.  :heh:

Btw, don't touch the costumes bro, that's the only thing that makes me smile in RT.  :kis:  :lv:

It's that simple, anyone  can check if a player is a BOT by the way it walk, kill mobs, loot,interact with other players  and so on,

they will not ban people randomness, they will look for a pattern, a player behavior. e.g: a GM summon a player to a map, if this player continues to go to the same map without any interaction with the GM, that is a  BOT behavior.  Another simple example is : You interact with other player, you try to talk, you KS him, Loot his drops and this player continue to kill mobs as if you even exists, that is a BOT behavior too.

In any case you say that if  people wanna be quiet? play alone? don't interact with people.  In that case i should ask to a person who

thinks in that way the follow question: what are you doing in a MMORPG? on a online system? with multiple people? why not create your personnal ragnarok server to play alone..."that is not a hard task nowdays"?

I have recorded replays, where i interact with people and saw a BOT pattern on how they do things. I'll not try to send a ticket talking about them, cause some of them already have tickets sent by other players and  have more than week and the same  player still walk around on the same map doing the same thing, interacting with the same manner.

You sounds sarcastic talking about costumes "i hope so" because if  any player just focus on costume and forget about the rest, the BOT issue  for example will affect your costumes some day, and you will blame you by  focusing on costumes instead of BOT ?

"OF COURSE NOT!"

WP staff can identify BOTs, i don't understand why they delay, why they don't do ingame things to stop BOT. Sometimes i think BOTs

give WP money to not ban them lol. " and that is not joke"

#85 killertune

killertune

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:46 AM

Tried leveling/farmin on Sea Otters map, however, there were so many bots yesterday it was barely viable.

#86 lunestrudel

lunestrudel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:10 AM

Yeah, if you go to the sea otters map and try to walk on the part that separates the beach from the vegetation map, your game will lag because of the amount of bots farming there. I also tried to farm for some battle axes on mino these days and I simply gave up because the map was swarming with rogues wearing a sakkat hat. :c Sigh. 

#87 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:19 AM

It's not that simple bro. They can't just ban anyone because you suspected one. Not all reported bots are bots. After all, the deleted video links and photos here in the forum regarding bots are not even bots. Imagine you will ban someone you think is a bot because he auto follow or he uses a rogue or you didn't get a reply, blocked you or winged. The accused player can even counter ban that bot accuser for harassment if he keeps on following and messaging. But I'm not saying there's no bot in the server or it's 100% clean. But OMFG, the reported bots are regular players. No wonder you still see them play.  :heh:

Btw, don't touch the costumes bro, that's the only thing that makes me smile in RT.  :kis:  :lv:

Actually, Warpportal can ban bots using some simple business intelligence procedures and data analysis (almost instantly, based on account profile, rules based scores (like an anti fraud system) and account+characters patterns). It doesn't need to be a full automatic system, it can be a human + machine process to avoid false positives. 

They just choose not to do it.

And for those that will come here and say "it's not simple", another strategy is to just hire someone to work 8 hours per day banning bots, like a regular job. I dont know. BOT BANNER would be his only function.

This game generates a lot of money. You have enough money to hire 50 people to ban bots if you want, and still get thousands and thousand of profit.

Again, they just choose not to. It's not their interest. Simple like that.

We just have to deal with it and play a game that 1 guy makes 3 times zeny in couple days than you ever made since the beginning. Oh, and the best of it: they make this amount of zeny WHILE THEY ARE ASLEEP !!!! 

Pay me 1k usd per month and i will wipe out all bots of every map everyday on this server. I can do it in 2 or 3 hours. And next day, same thing. In about 2 or 3 weeks, botters will stop trying and people will stop buying eac bypass... because it will just not worth it anymore.

Edited by rdoc3, 17 February 2020 - 07:27 AM.

#88 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:25 AM

Damh boters. They are making zeny more than I am and most importantly they dont ene have to waste their time farming the game. I'm mad.

Time to bring OCPs in game so in game loots won't be BiS and then lose values = less incentive to bot ... ha!

#89 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:37 AM

botmeme.png

#90 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:46 AM

botmeme.png

This is accurate

#91 AsunaKT

AsunaKT

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:49 AM

The wpp team is forgetting that we are not just simple players, but actually legal consumers of company products.
As consumers, we do have the right to express an opinion, complain and demand improvements in the services.
Thus, it is legitimate that we can demand immediate and indeed effective action on this several problem.

Well, I realize that there is difficulty for the team to deal with the number of complaints (or they just don't care about anyway).

You need to hire someone to deal with this directly, every day.

In addition, i guess that you should improve the communication channel with the players, facilitating complaints. For example, you could think of a possibility to report within the game itself.

#92 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:22 AM

I dont know if you know, but.... besides your accounts, items, and everything not being yours, i found some interesting things:

5. USER'S OBLIGATIONS AND RESPOSIBILITIES

If any information provided is not true, accurate, current or complete, or Gravity has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or complete, then Gravity shall have the right to suspend or terminate your right to use the Service and refuse to provide any current or future Service to you.

(g) Former Members. Members whose Accounts have been terminated by Gravity may not access the Service in any manner or for any reason, including through any other Account, without the express written permission of Gravity. 

(h) Related Accounts. If Gravity terminates an Account, Gravity may terminate any other Accounts that share the same member name, phone number, email address, postal address, Internet Protocol address, or credit card number with the terminated Account.

8. TERMINATION 
(3) you may not access the service in any manner or for any reason, including via any other account. in the event that an account is terminated, Gravity may terminate any and all other accounts that share the member name, phone number, email address, internet protocol address Hardware device -- mac adress-- or credit card number with the terminated account;

13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES 

GRAVITY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT DEFECTS IN ITS SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. 

14. UNACCEPTABLE CONDUCT 
Subject to the Terms of Agreements herein, User may not engage in any conduct or communication while using the Services which is unlawful or which restricts or inhibits any other User from using or enjoying the Services. User agrees to use the Services only for lawful purposes.

YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES TO:

A) Use of illegal automated programs, Scripts, and Computers. The use of any illegal automated program (Ex. 3rd party bot) or system, devices, computers, or scripts on WarpPortal and Gateway is strictly prohibited and may result in criminal liability under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Section 1030 of the United States Code. Violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of applicable law and may also liable for the punitive damage. Gravity may terminate and permanently disqualify any users who, in its sole discretion, determines as being in violation of these Terms of Service. All decisions made by Gravity are final

B ) Harass, threaten or embarrass another User of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such User, or any other person or entity. Gravity does not condone harassment in any form and may suspend or terminate the account of any User who harasses others. Personal attacks, such as those based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, disablement or other such affiliation, are strictly prohibited. 

L) Modify any files that Gravity does not specifically authorize User to modify. Use of material, which is subject to the rights of any person or entity without the express permission of such rights holder, is prohibited, and will result in the termination of the User's usership and possible civil and/or criminal liability. 

and this is fun:

19. LIMITATION OF SERVICE TERRITORY 
Company officially notifies that Company does not provide any Services to a European User. If you are a European User, please do not attempt to access to Web Sites or to play any game on or through any service of Company. Further, if you newly acquire the nationality, or at any reason at all, by which you become a European User after your using Company’s services, you should notify such fact to Company for our terminating your access to Company’s services under the condition of this User Agreement.

Edited by rdoc3, 17 February 2020 - 10:23 AM.

#93 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:40 AM

The wpp team is forgetting that we are not just simple players, but actually legal consumers of company products.
As consumers, we do have the right to express an opinion, complain and demand improvements in the services.
Thus, it is legitimate that we can demand immediate and indeed effective action on this several problem.

Well, I realize that there is difficulty for the team to deal with the number of complaints (or they just don't care about anyway).

You need to hire someone to deal with this directly, every day.

In addition, i guess that you should improve the communication channel with the players, facilitating complaints. For example, you could think of a possibility to report within the game itself.

FYI:  They aint listening and they don't care.

#94 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

I dont know if you know, but.... besides your accounts, items, and everything not being yours, i found some interesting things:

5. USER'S OBLIGATIONS AND RESPOSIBILITIES

If any information provided is not true, accurate, current or complete, or Gravity has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or complete, then Gravity shall have the right to suspend or terminate your right to use the Service and refuse to provide any current or future Service to you.

(g) Former Members. Members whose Accounts have been terminated by Gravity may not access the Service in any manner or for any reason, including through any other Account, without the express written permission of Gravity. 

(h) Related Accounts. If Gravity terminates an Account, Gravity may terminate any other Accounts that share the same member name, phone number, email address, postal address, Internet Protocol address, or credit card number with the terminated Account.

8. TERMINATION 
(3) you may not access the service in any manner or for any reason, including via any other account. in the event that an account is terminated, Gravity may terminate any and all other accounts that share the member name, phone number, email address, internet protocol address Hardware device -- mac adress-- or credit card number with the terminated account;

13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES 

GRAVITY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT DEFECTS IN ITS SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. 

14. UNACCEPTABLE CONDUCT 
Subject to the Terms of Agreements herein, User may not engage in any conduct or communication while using the Services which is unlawful or which restricts or inhibits any other User from using or enjoying the Services. User agrees to use the Services only for lawful purposes.

YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES TO:

A) Use of illegal automated programs, Scripts, and Computers. The use of any illegal automated program (Ex. 3rd party bot) or system, devices, computers, or scripts on WarpPortal and Gateway is strictly prohibited and may result in criminal liability under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Section 1030 of the United States Code. Violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of applicable law and may also liable for the punitive damage. Gravity may terminate and permanently disqualify any users who, in its sole discretion, determines as being in violation of these Terms of Service. All decisions made by Gravity are final

B ) Harass, threaten or embarrass another User of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such User, or any other person or entity. Gravity does not condone harassment in any form and may suspend or terminate the account of any User who harasses others. Personal attacks, such as those based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, disablement or other such affiliation, are strictly prohibited. 

L) Modify any files that Gravity does not specifically authorize User to modify. Use of material, which is subject to the rights of any person or entity without the express permission of such rights holder, is prohibited, and will result in the termination of the User's usership and possible civil and/or criminal liability. 

and this is fun:

19. LIMITATION OF SERVICE TERRITORY 
Company officially notifies that Company does not provide any Services to a European User. If you are a European User, please do not attempt to access to Web Sites or to play any game on or through any service of Company. Further, if you newly acquire the nationality, or at any reason at all, by which you become a European User after your using Company’s services, you should notify such fact to Company for our terminating your access to Company’s services under the condition of this User Agreement.

I love when we people come into the server and they find this out. LOL

they are shookth to the core.

Welcome to the  :rwar: hole. 

Renewal players and players from 2009 have been abused and taken advantage of from this sad excuse of a gaming company (WP).

We stick around because we like the it pain and suffering. 

Edited by abui951, 17 February 2020 - 04:11 PM.

#95 Loguin

Loguin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:00 PM

Even if y'all know someone is a bot, the GM team still has to verify. That means they have to go through all of the reports that come in, one by one, and individually investigate. That takes time. Even if RT's population is 50% bots, that's still an average of 1.5~1k actual players logged in at any given time. if even 10% of that (100 players) an hour sends in reports... that's an average of 1000 reports per 10 hours. We have players on all day. The population stays steady all day. So you're looking at an estimated 2.4k reports per day if only 10% of us are reporting. Granted I'm horrible at math and that may be off somewhere in my calculations.

That's probably a generous estimate, but just think about that before y'all sit here and say they're doing nothing. Especially when we all know that this isn't a giant company like Blizzard. It's hard to say how big the staff is, but that's a LOT for any group to do.

Now I'm not saying that there aren't better ways or alternative solutions. I'm just saying remember that there are people working on this stuff. Sure it's just their job but I'm willing to bet that a lot of the staff members are also gamers and possibly even on RO. We all care about the game.

#96 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:12 PM

all this statements i read this is the same thread on re:start (i want to show the link on the thread but it seems that thread on re:start is gone) they didn't do anything to stop bots , the more they putting efforts on this bots the more issues we experience back then , the only way to stop bots is players must stop of playing RT if players quits the botters will dont have interest infested the game but remember even players quits RT those botters are already earned money through RMT so its win win for them , i just saw the population its around 1.5k my last visit there is its around 3.6k population so yeah thats a count down for me...

thats why re:start is a big lesson for me, dont get me wrong i have rogue lv 85 and assassin lv 86 in RT so i play this game when renewal is in maintenance...

#97 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:07 PM

all this statements i read this is the same thread on re:start (i want to show the link on the thread but it seems that thread on re:start is gone) they didn't do anything to stop bots , the more they putting efforts on this bots the more issues we experience back then , the only way to stop bots is players must stop of playing RT if players quits the botters will dont have interest infested the game but remember even players quits RT those botters are already earned money through RMT so its win win for them , i just saw the population its around 1.5k my last visit there is its around 3.6k population so yeah thats a count down for me...

thats why re:start is a big lesson for me, dont get me wrong i have rogue lv 85 and assassin lv 86 in RT so i play this game when renewal is in maintenance...

Two effective measures to counter bots

1. P2P (needs active bot-banning GM to patrol)
2. P2W (BiS are cash items, secondary items are PvM items)

I dont think Warpportal can let RoT fail. Re:Start could fail because Chaos was still alive. However now Chaos is no more as we traded WoE for a quick Gioia drug.

#98 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:41 PM

Two effective measures to counter bots

I dont think Warpportal can let RoT fail. Re:Start could fail because Chaos was still alive. However now Chaos is no more as we traded WoE for a quick Gioia drug.

not gonna argue about WP taking of the server but lets wait and see RT is months ago open , about gioia card on xmas lab event camp says it was intended the only he did is about the timer of that instance...

#99 RTLM

RTLM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Location/merai
  • Server:Thor

Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:46 PM

Hello Lauff the GMs are actively patrolling and you should be seeing them. However just in case I will send a kill squad right now.

:gg:  You mean CC team is a big probe for daddy long-legs ?

#100 Lugal

Lugal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:49 PM

The game don't need to be P2P or a bit more P2W to counter bots. We need  GMs to look map by map for a  player that  behavior is like a BOT. Ban the BOT, the IP, the Mac Adress, everything related to that person.

(g) Former Members. Members whose Accounts have been terminated by Gravity may not access the Service in any manner or for any reason, including through any other Account, without the express written permission of Gravity. 

(h) Related Accounts. If Gravity terminates an Account, Gravity may terminate any other Accounts that share the same member name, phone number, email address, postal address, Internet Protocol address, or credit card number with the terminated Account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users