PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOTS ON TRANSCENDE! - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOTS ON TRANSCENDE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
298 replies to this topic

#151 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:49 AM

I say make the server a KP server, So we can kill each other and bots 24/7.

#152 jajajohn

jajajohn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:56 PM

Multiple reports have been made of the fly winging merchant bots+their hosts (monk and priest) on moc_fild06 killing Dragon Fly.

GM does nothing about this, it's pretty sad. This map shouldn't even exist, yet here we are  :dotdotdot: .

#153 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:37 PM

banning the bots arn't gona work.
WP should trace the bot and ban the main account.

that's the way to go aha aha

The use of illegally logging in botting programs falls under the definition of hacking.  When enough

evidence is acquired to ban accounts, I suggest an additional check be made.  This check will be

done by having the GMs and bot hunters forward the packet of information on the ban of that set

of bots and their accounts.   This packet is forwarded to community managers to CHECK and verify

that there is an abundant excess of overlapping evidence covering the proof of botting.  Thus, any

formal denial of innocence fails.  Then this is reviewed by the corporate lawyer and a lawyer letter

about hacking of services is then sent to the ISP for those accounts.  The lawyer letter can request

Terms of Service Violation Shutdown of those accounts as most ISP Terms of Service forbid hacking

or fraud.

As you've heard in the past, banning bots means they just make new accounts.   But they cannot

make new accounts if their Terms of Service violation got their account closed because they had 10 or more

separate hacking lawyer letters sent to them over say a four month period.  Let's hope it doesn't

take that many lawyer letters as I only whipped that number out for the sake of discussion here.

#154 Xsansao

Xsansao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:52 AM

right now, 2-27, the map of bigfoot is filled with BOTS, damn it! going to send some tickets.

edit:

how to send tickets btw, im trying the support page but is offline for me

Edited by Xsansao, 27 February 2020 - 05:58 AM.

#155 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:15 AM

right now, 2-27, the map of bigfoot is filled with BOTS, damn it! going to send some tickets.

edit:

WP services seems to be down still.

I will ask the GM staff to patrol the map.

#156 Xsansao

Xsansao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:04 AM

WP services seems to be down still.

I will ask the GM staff to patrol the map.

thank you, Cinnamon. After a while i wasnt seeing them anymore. I got the name of all that i saw and i'll still send the tickets as soon as the support page is back

#157 HugPorings

HugPorings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSantee CA

Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:40 PM

edit:

I have not seen one bot on the big foot map. Are people not answering your whispers ? or accepting your spam party invite?

that is the only thing i can see as any bottling going on. Is the harassment  from whispers  and party invites. its just a map full of rude people and some people when they do talk it is not in english at times.

#158 InThaHead

InThaHead

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:10 PM

iam tired of seeing ROGUE bots on sea otter map.....

#159 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:48 PM

Got that one report to the GM team, also removed the post.

Please do not post that here. This is a public forums also it is not allowed to post names of users suspected of ill-mannered behavior on forums. I understand at this time support is down, for that, till support is back up you can drop the names in my inbox  ;)

#160 Xsansao

Xsansao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:32 AM

I have not seen one bot on the big foot map. Are people not answering your whispers ? or accepting your spam party invite?

that is the only thing i can see as any bottling going on. Is the harassment  from whispers  and party invites. its just a map full of rude people and some people when they do talk it is not in english at times.

trust me it was BOTs, 3 of them. I sent the ticket (i saw them today as well)

#161 satoshixsin

satoshixsin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:59 AM

Xmas dun02 full of crusaders and rogues bot since before maintenance. Please check?

#162 Xsansao

Xsansao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:27 PM

Xmas dun02 full of crusaders and rogues bot since before maintenance. Please check?

please, take screenshots/video and send a ticket :D they can track'em better this way

#163 7926170719135018827

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:21 PM

Is this the forum we call air strikes? Bots are rebuilding after the first ban wave...ill send the names to a CM as well but  mjolnir_03 needs a serious air strike....they are rebuilding their bots...there are a dozen rogues without headgears here who are all bots confirmed

#164 WhyUs

WhyUs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 05:05 AM

There is a monk who bot 24hours for few days now at sea otter. Nobody patrolling there

#165 NashHen

NashHen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:30 AM

Just GMs checking bots based on tickets/videos (that are very time consuming and not intuitive) is very inneficient.

On top of that whichever anti cheat system you got should be optimized and working properly. That's what worked with other games that had highly advanced bots (ike Tibia for example, where botting was much more out of control a couple years ago). Their system, BattleEye, completely destroyed the advanced mass botting scene and only simpler macros/taskers can bypass it now and even then it's not for long.

Should definitely check that approach plus the usual GM reporting.

#166 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:29 AM

This is one of the old topics that has plagued RO's existence since the beginning of time. It's 2020 and the technology is out there! No more excuses!

#167 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 01 March 2020 - 06:10 PM

This is one of the old topics that has plagued RO's existence since the beginning of time. It's 2020 and the technology is out there! No more excuses!

The technology has always been there but you're right in one thing, it's 2020 and ppl still don't get it...

#168 sufferings

sufferings

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 07:19 PM

I just saw another GM patrolling the sea otter map. You might be fighting a losing battle but I appreciate seeing you out there.

#169 Shunned11

Shunned11

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 10:52 AM

Are bots getting temporary bans or permanent bans ?
I have seen some bots for 5 days straight, then they were gone for like 7 days (thought they were banned) and now they are back to sea otters, the same nicknames.

#170 jajajohn

jajajohn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:26 PM

Same group of bots are back on moc_fild06
Ton of merchants with same name scheme+priest+monk. This has been reported multiple times as well, but nothing has been done.

This is just becoming a sad joke at this point. I know this map and the names of people who are clearly botting on this map for clips have been reported with screenshots and replay video, but nothing is ever done. They sit there literally 24/7, and you can see this happen for yourself once every 30 minute. I knew going into this server not to set the expectations very high.

#171 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:35 PM

What I don't understand is why anyone expected anything different. The system at hand is archaic on how it handles reporting bots and we all know the efficiency on ticket response vs bot banning is somewhat lacking. I haven't found a bot checking program in an MMO that has been implemented that has done anything worth while. So my question again to everyone - "Why did you expect anything different from previous RO servers?" I guess at least Warp Portal is making an effort at banning bots. Until we have features of seeing who is on the current map, ingame reporting tools, or options to view/enable players names. BOTs on Ragnarok Trans will be a thing unfortunately with how the way things are..

Edited by LordKratos, 02 March 2020 - 07:35 PM.

#172 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:56 PM

Bots will exist as long as theres profits to make on the server. And what if the server aint profitable for bots? You get a dead server.

:rolleyes:

#173 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 02 March 2020 - 10:55 PM

>>controversial post<<
warpportal no longer IP bans players because its >bad for business< or so the word is from a few insiders, yes the tech is out there to nuke 90% of the bots, but warpportal (A does not really care about doing it) (B does not have the money to do it) or (C does not want to spend the money to do it), yes its 2020 and warpportal needs to get its ass in gear, but its us the players that keep throwing money at them thinking things will change after 18 years...

xfBAgaS52h-10.png

Edited by ShekelShark, 02 March 2020 - 11:09 PM.

#174 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 March 2020 - 02:59 AM

there is a tech out there to prevent bot, but what do you think the bot developer do? is an endless battles between both sides but the bot developers are smarter and has more money to throw into. the fact that bot subs are $80 per month lolz.. the bot sides has more resource and prolly 10x smarter than the wp team. i heard when restart server jsut started, a single bot developer single handily took on wp anti bot team

Edited by ElenaGilbert, 03 March 2020 - 03:01 AM.

#175 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 02:35 PM

there is a tech out there to prevent bot, but what do you think the bot developer do? is an endless battles between both sides but the bot developers are smarter and has more money to throw into. the fact that bot subs are $80 per month lolz.. the bot sides has more resource and prolly 10x smarter than the wp team. i heard when restart server jsut started, a single bot developer single handily took on wp anti bot team

Can you tell them to bot in jRO. I’m sick of hearing people say jRO is not free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users