February 19th Transcendence Maintenance - Page 2 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

February 19th Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

#26 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:37 PM

@Campitor

I just want to ask... what the f00k are you guys doing?

How hard is it to spot a damn bots and ban them?  I could literally ban 200 bots a day with my eyes closed.  I warned you guys a month ago when the bot population is at 10% and what did you guys do? Nothing.
You mention about updating EAC from time to time to block bots.  When exactly are you gonna do it?

There's still no words about WoE and the upcoming big updates?  What are you gonna do about Abbys monsters? Are you gonna adjust the monsters lvl?  When are we getting sakray to test sh1t?

Keep your damn game active by adding headgear quest.  Since it's hard for you guys to make a new quest, just copy paste what you did on restart where you have to hunt x amount monsters + Silvervine(Jellystar?) + mvp items (fang of hatii, tiger skin, etc) = pencil, rideword hats.  You get the idea. 

Edited by Lilp, 19 February 2020 - 01:38 PM.

#27 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:38 PM

Hello folks,

This is a patch notes thread, which is basically to share changes and updates of for this week.

Related Bug reports can be posted here but it is highly suggested to post them in tech section of the forums.

As for bot concerns, please use existing topic here. In addition to that, threats will not be taken lightly so keep that in mind ;)

For General RT feedback and things you would like to see in future use the pinned topic here.

Other than that, derailment postings will be removed, this is to keep the thread on topic. Thank you for understanding.

#28 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:40 PM

Can you add missing NPC Chungwolmang at payon 135,320?

#29 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:47 PM

@Campitor

I just want to ask... what the f00k are you guys doing?

How hard is it to spot a damn bots and ban them?  I could literally ban 200 bots a day with my eyes closed.  I warned you guys a month ago when the bot population is at 10% and what did you guys do? Nothing.
You mention about updating EAC from time to time to block bots.  When exactly are you gonna do it?

There's still no words about WoE and the upcoming big updates?  What are you gonna do about Abbys monsters? Are you gonna adjust the monsters lvl?  When are we getting sakray to test sh1t?

Keep your damn game active by adding headgear quest.  Since it's hard for you guys to make a new quest, just copy paste what you did on restart where you have to hunt x amount monsters + Silvervine(Jellystar?) + mvp items (fang of hatii, tiger skin, etc) = pencil, rideword hats.  You get the idea. 

1. Honestly? Right now were preparing to tear down all the server hardware and reinstall it again across the city. Expected downtime for this move is 2/24-2/26. Included in this is a disaster recovery plan just in case something goes insanely wrong.

2. The GMs should be much much more visible hunting going forward. A test of an EAC update is underway and if it goes well we will ask for it to be applied to live.

3. Sakray will be up once the server move is finished.

4. New headgears are being prepared to hopefully release with the fever field. There are no plans to make them require Silvervine or Jellystar.

#30 cariocasurf

cariocasurf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBR-EUA
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:47 PM

you kill yourself playing games, lose time, life, family, friends, work, studies, to evolve on the server with difficulty, here comes an idiot, and uses illegal programs that seem more legal on the server, do not elaborate new policies on how to ban mass bot, if possible you can ban players by the IP of the account, but they don't do that, they can ban hundreds of bots per day, using automated programs, but they don't do that, then the pleasure of playing ends, not only mine, but many that I see complaining on communities, facebook and etc., soon the server becomes a desert!

#31 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:49 PM

1 search? Come on...

If any fix to it, it should be to display vends in all towns.

Unfortunately there is a bug with the multi searches where users were getting items that they didn't add to their shopping carts. Were bug reporting this up and preventing the issue for now.

#32 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:52 PM

Unfortunately there is a bug with the multi searches where users were getting items that they didn't add to their shopping carts. Were bug reporting this up and preventing the issue for now.

Any news on the missing Morroc NPCs?

#33 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:52 PM

you kill yourself playing games, lose time, life, family, friends, work, studies, to evolve on the server with difficulty, here comes an idiot, and uses illegal programs that seem more legal on the server, do not elaborate new policies on how to ban mass bot, if possible you can ban players by the IP of the account, but they don't do that, they can ban hundreds of bots per day, using automated programs, but they don't do that, then the pleasure of playing ends, not only mine, but many that I see complaining on communities, facebook and etc., soon the server becomes a desert!

We will not ban by automated programs as that removes the human from the decision making process. However we do not need to test every account individually in order to ban them. We will routinely remove accounts associated with tested accounts through different means. Detecting, rejecting logins, and other tasks by automated programs we do allow for.

#34 HugPorings

HugPorings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSantee CA

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:02 PM

Bonus EXP Event ends   ? what  EXP Event?  i only got the exp   vip bonus.

#35 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:03 PM

Why does the above take 4 hours?

Because it is quite a bit more than turning off the servers, restarting the hardware, and turning them back on.

#36 GFStorm

GFStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:03 PM

I don't think it's interesting the way you fix certain "Bugs" or certain "Abuses of skills" by removing the functionality of the game, I think that everyone has to have Free Will and if abuse comes, everyone should take appropriate punishment
of course, first a warning about the abuse and then if you continue to give him adequate punishment

A few days ago I tried to talk to a GM about the suspicion of using bot for different purposes, but without success

just do not open anything to report for lack of evidence, but I would like someone to take a look before to ensure if it is bot use or not

#37 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:17 PM

1. Honestly? Right now were preparing to tear down all the server hardware and reinstall it again across the city. Expected downtime for this move is 2/24-2/26. Included in this is a disaster recovery plan just in case something goes insanely wrong.

2. The GMs should be much much more visible hunting going forward. A test of an EAC update is underway and if it goes well we will ask for it to be applied to live.

4. New headgears are being prepared to hopefully release with the fever field. There are no plans to make them require Silvervine or Jellystar.

I'm really looking forward to EAC update. I just hope for the best.

Weren't you gonna announce the winners of world's first event 2 weeks ago?  People been asking including myself.  Don't worry about distributing the prizes atm, we just need to know the winners.

#38 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:26 PM

fix the vending windows to display 12 items and no 4

It was part of an update to make it auto-extend on its own automatically when adding more than 4 items.

Vending Skill won’t let me vend 12 items

Edited by ninJedi, 19 February 2020 - 02:27 PM.

#39 Youuku

Youuku

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:42 PM

Where World First ??

#40 NewlevelDesign

NewlevelDesign

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:43 PM

Please don't kill the Shopping Board! There must be another way!

:hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:

#41 NewlevelDesign

NewlevelDesign

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

Can you promisse us that the Shopping Board will be back with full features? 100 Searches or even more! Please! The market needs to roll, babe!

#42 Sobral147

Sobral147

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:https://discord.gg/B7s26TE
  • LocationGravatá PE

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:51 PM

fever field?

#43 mixanus

mixanus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:58 PM

Happy to read #2 and looking foward to #4. 
Keep up the good work Camp!  ;)

#44 doriansbook

doriansbook

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:59 PM

Because it is quite a bit more than turning off the servers, restarting the hardware, and turning them back on.

Thanks for staying cool when dealing with the angry junkies lol can't be easy. 

Entering in deep prayer that today nothing goes wrong and you guys have a smooth maintenance/it ends on time and there wont be pages of ppl here complaining like it changes anything lol . 

and for the server relocation, right lane on the freeway and careful w/ speedbumps! lmao

#45 Dumbledore2

Dumbledore2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:04 PM

Gms, excuse me, I know that some of you are not to blame, and that you are just following orders and etc ... but always when there is some question about the game (bots, bugs and etc.), you always speak the same litany. ..
Wow, raganrok is one of the oldest RPG games known to man, it's not a heavy game, to some extent, I don't think it's so hard to work on it. You take more than 5 hours to update a gem with low quality graphics, and few players, so that at the end of it it will be implemented with little content ... What the game needs mostly is copy and paste, because all the content already exists, practically between the different servers of the same. It would be difficult to create new content, something that has never been explored, but for a few years now, you have only made use of show sprit and creating identical shows with different names and with different colors, and the possibilities are endless ...
Ragnaro kpra me is more than that, the game although it is from an old platform and not so unattractive for many people who prefer more modern and heavy and modern games, for me it remains a fun game with unique and charming features , but with this stagnation it becomes an experience person.
I’ve been playing ragnarok for over 12 years, I’ve seen the game grow and develop over time, there have been a lot of impactful updates that are surprising indeed, but now the game is on a level that’s kind of “thrown aside”, I think there is more potential there.
Rag is a game that demands a lot of your time so that you can grow amid what the game requires. You have to spend hours and hours on if you want to, for example, bed a certain monsters / MVP to drop your card, as few are lucky enough to knock one down, for example, but with all that, we who play, we play because the game is still makes us feel good, I believe that in general, people chose rag because they love the game. But that's where the question comes in. why do you promise an anti-bot system that is flawed in practically every aspect?
Everyone knows that there are people paying to use the bot through a bypass, it is not a secret, I think this is horrible, because with only two bots that a person buys, if they are used well, the person spends light years developing in the game of a person who plays honestly. But in my opinion. if your system cannot fight it, don't promise it to people, as they will be enraged, and with good reason ...
I somehow already got used to bots, because I think that the game is old and with easy data encryption, it is easy for nerfs and people who understand the subject to get around any ant bot.
Finally, find out what we have to live with, at least start paying more attention to the important contents of the game, such as instance updates, woe, good events, classes, and the like ...
The game is good to be played, but don't step on the ball, thanks!

#46 raoniddo

raoniddo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:19 PM

The game has balance issues among all the different characters builds. Removing certain skills from maps is Just a way to increase the distance of their effectiveness.

Plus, I will agree with the comment above: do not remove the free will of players. I am able to spam chat in town knowing the consequences of doing that and so should I with the use of skills on other maps, specifically on MVP hunting. A wizzard just can't compete with asura and trappers damage, but things get at least spicy when you add SW and Ice Wall on top of this dispute.

Please, reconsider the skill adjustments you are implementing to the game.

#47 Jonathan

Jonathan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:19 PM

Hello folks,

This is a patch notes thread, which is basically to share changes and updates of for this week.

Related Bug reports can be posted here but it is highly suggested to post them in tech section of the forums.

As for bot concerns, please use existing topic here. In addition to that, threats will not be taken lightly so keep that in mind ;)

For General RT feedback and things you would like to see in future use the pinned topic here.

Other than that, derailment postings will be removed, this is to keep the thread on topic. Thank you for understanding.T

This server is friggin amazing..No pay to win...Bots are to be expected but I can see you guys are working ther magiks so please keep up the hard work. If you keep the Pay to Win away I will play this -_- till I DIE!!! ^_^ Samanoske (Physco Preist) 

#48 TheB3CK3R

TheB3CK3R

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:20 PM

Please Raise character deletion time to at least 24h, the actual 5 secs are too dangerous in a case of account being compromised

#49 doriansbook

doriansbook

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:23 PM

Gms, excuse me, I know that some of you are not to blame, and that you are just following orders and etc ... but always when there is some question about the game (bots, bugs and etc.), you always speak the same litany. ..
Wow, raganrok is one of the oldest RPG games known to man, it's not a heavy game, to some extent, I don't think it's so hard to work on it. You take more than 5 hours to update a gem with low quality graphics, and few players, so that at the end of it it will be implemented with little content ... What the game needs mostly is copy and paste, because all the content already exists, practically between the different servers of the same. It would be difficult to create new content, something that has never been explored, but for a few years now, you have only made use of show sprit and creating identical shows with different names and with different colors, and the possibilities are endless ...
Ragnaro kpra me is more than that, the game although it is from an old platform and not so unattractive for many people who prefer more modern and heavy and modern games, for me it remains a fun game with unique and charming features , but with this stagnation it becomes an experience person.
I’ve been playing ragnarok for over 12 years, I’ve seen the game grow and develop over time, there have been a lot of impactful updates that are surprising indeed, but now the game is on a level that’s kind of “thrown aside”, I think there is more potential there.
Rag is a game that demands a lot of your time so that you can grow amid what the game requires. You have to spend hours and hours on if you want to, for example, bed a certain monsters / MVP to drop your card, as few are lucky enough to knock one down, for example, but with all that, we who play, we play because the game is still makes us feel good, I believe that in general, people chose rag because they love the game. But that's where the question comes in. why do you promise an anti-bot system that is flawed in practically every aspect?
Everyone knows that there are people paying to use the bot through a bypass, it is not a secret, I think this is horrible, because with only two bots that a person buys, if they are used well, the person spends light years developing in the game of a person who plays honestly. But in my opinion. if your system cannot fight it, don't promise it to people, as they will be enraged, and with good reason ...
I somehow already got used to bots, because I think that the game is old and with easy data encryption, it is easy for nerfs and people who understand the subject to get around any ant bot.
Finally, find out what we have to live with, at least start paying more attention to the important contents of the game, such as instance updates, woe, good events, classes, and the like ...
The game is good to be played, but don't step on the ball, thanks!

Daddy, chill.

Edit- they said the rt general requests, feedback etc is on a diff thread

Edited by doriansbook, 19 February 2020 - 03:25 PM.

#50 GFStorm

GFStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:28 PM

O jogo tem problemas de equilíbrio entre todos os diferentes personagens. Remover certas habilidades dos mapas é apenas uma maneira de aumentar a distância de sua eficácia.

Além disso, concordo com o comentário acima: não remova o livre arbítrio dos jogadores. Sou capaz de enviar spam por bate-papo na cidade, sabendo as conseqüências disso, e devo usar habilidades em outros mapas, especificamente na caça aos MVPs. Um wizzard simplesmente não pode competir com dano de asura e caçadores, mas as coisas ficam pelo menos picantes quando você adiciona SW e Ice Wall no topo dessa disputa.

Por favor, reconsidere os ajustes de habilidade que você está implementando no jogo.

I agree with him

and I liked what he said about the duel with others who are also hunting

banning the wizard's ability is the same as banning a user from entering pvp just for winning

the other side can obviously be frustrated, who doesn't get frustrated when they lose? but it's part of the game

EDIT:

I don't play a wizard

but I think there's a lot of crying

many say it is something unbalanced without looking at yourself or even for not seeing the disadvantages on the other side

Edited by 2612049788909054, 19 February 2020 - 03:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users