RT General Feedback - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RT General Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
571 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:05 PM

Pre Existing threads can be found here:

https://forums.warpp...asura-cooldown/

https://forums.warpp...-and-questions/

https://forums.warpp...fra-shop-plans/

https://forums.warpp...beta-whats-new/

https://forums.warpp...beta-test-1216/

https://forums.warpp...-transcendence/

Please post your feedback about what you like/hate about RT and what future content you would like to see. Such as particular dungeons, game systems (Fever Fields Fever Dungeons, etc), or quest lines you would like to see.

If you believe that there are area that we need to polish more please tell us as well.

#2 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:17 PM

For what were doing tomorrow see here: https://forums.warpp...ed-beta-update/

#3 kon100

kon100

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:28 PM

Been enjoying it so far, looking foward the skill rebalance and the unique itens that Zero implemented... Gameplay wise looking a lot like RE:Start with less flaws and quite enjoyable, me and my frineds would enjoy playing on this server after the changes i've said have been implemented

#4 kebryi

kebryi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:54 PM

Item Options liner chances should be:

1 liner: 50% chance

2 liner: 30% chance

3 liner: 5% chance

4 liner: 1% chance

5 liner: 0.01% chance

This is to prevent blacksmith from hogging the 5 liner option as everyone has a chance at a 5 liner from mob drop. They just need to keep farming. I know some people will complaint especially top tier guild who would like to monopoly on this but this is better since it will prevent certain guild from controlling the sell of 5 liner item option and everyone still have a very small chance at a 5 liner item option.

For pvp and guild war, don't ban certain skills as those skills are what make those class unique. Without them, those classes failed horribly at pvp. Like for example, back slide. If you should remove back slide, you should remove other classes unique skill also like for example endure from swordsman, Bowling Bash from knight. You get the idea. The whole point if you remove certain skill, that classes becomes useless. 

Cards needs to be up to date with KRO Zero.

KRO Zero main story quest line.

#5 vansan123

vansan123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:13 PM

remove crimson weap but drop rate still low? okay i will wait obt.Waste time for farm in cbt

#6 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:53 PM

is it possible to make the pet window stick like stats and equip window? its like entering portal and its gone. having a thought that my pet run away xD

can we toggle the notification in quick menu by pressing shortcut keys? like pressing alt-E and and the item notification is off instead of clicking the item icon in quick menu, same with skills and stats window.

the item notification, in quick menu, keeps popping even i already looted the same item over and over again.

some minor misalignment of some parts of the UI like the closed button in some window, and the mini map in some maps have misalignment too.

also, little isis, diabolic, and earth deleter pets when?

#7 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:58 PM

:thx: 
Finally Balance monster to match 99 Cap.

I'm hoping to see skills balance soon  :no1:

#8 Senkrad01

Senkrad01

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 09:03 PM

Skills rebalance, the cast and individual cooldown

#9 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:10 PM

I think the two super big things that I (and probably most people) want to see are the Skill Rebalances and the Fever Fields (with their unique equipment).

Weapon option changes are good so far. I think the increase in drop rate of all weapons is really good. 0.25 is a pretty good spot for most weapons I think, though I would probably raise the quality of the options available if it was going to stay there. A raise to 1~5% drop rate like on kRO Zero wouldn't be bad either, with the way options look now - obviously this would require dropping the sell price of all optioned weapons. Really looking forward to seeing what the advanced tiers of options look like tomorrow.

One thing I'm really excited for is seeing the Option system expanded into non-weapon gear. Probably not accessories or headgears, but basically every other slot would benefit greatly from them - though the list of mobs that drop optioned armors would need to be expanded, with a similar boost to drop rates to what weapons got. 0.1 for higher tier gear to 0.5 for lower tier gear is a pretty good spot imo, though again that's significantly lower than we see working on other servers, so I might improve the quality of options if we keep it that low. Alternatively, the champion mob system (either the current renewal one, or the one where one spawns for every X kills of the normal mob) would be a great way to distribute those gears.

Dangerous dungeons...we don't really know anything about them yet. Looking forward to seeing what these are all about, and what kind of gear is going to drop from them - also sounds like a good way of distributing optioned armor and weapons at higher rates than normal maps. If these are something you can develop and implement without involvement/with minimal involvement from Korea, that's probably where I would focus most of my efforts. This seems like the easiest and most fun way to differentiate RT from other servers, so I think it should take a good chunk of the priority for updates.

As far as changes we've already seen, I think basically everything has been positive so far. New systems seem objectively good (though some kinks still need to be worked out, here's looking at you RODEX search feature). Pet system is overall kinda minor, but good. Homunculus change is great, though the death of the AI is unfortunate. Monster stats and EXP have been changed so often it's kind of hard to get a grasp on where exactly they all stand, though I can't think of anything too particularly offensive that I've come across.

I'm sure the staff is sick of hearing this by now, but of the Zero stuff I want to see besides above, I'd love to see the Zero champion system (every X number of mobs killed spawns a champion version of that mob on the person that killed the last one) and the mini-MVPs that go with it. I believe there was an MVP version of Arclouze, High Orc, Penomena, Bathory...maybe a few more? Also the changing of Bloody Knight into an MVP for Chiv 2 was a cool idea. Along with that, the changing of card effects seems like an objectively good idea - fixing the much weaker MVP cards like Doppel and Osiris, and toning down the super strong MVP cards like GTB.

One big thing I'm curious to hear is the plans for Class progression on this server. Will we go the standard 99 > Trans 99 > 3rd job? Or will we follow the Zero route of 99 > Trans 120~130 > ???. Judging from what we've seen so far, it looks like the former is probably the plan, but we were told this is an "improvement on the Zero system." If we see the skill changes, I think the latter system is probably more appropriate, though I'm sure there are many people who would vehemently prefer one or the other. Which way we go will have a pretty big impact on how future content is added to the game, so I think knowing this sooner rather than later would be beneficial to everyone involved. 

Instances...I don't know how difficult it is for you guys to develop custom instances. It may be better to just grab the ones from Korea made for Zero, if at all possible - though they may be a tad difficult for us until we've got the new gear and skill changes to bring us closer to their power level. If it's possible to make these custom, I think they'd make a great complement to the Dangerous Dungeons as ways to set apart RT from other servers, and distribute new kinds of gear not available elsewhere in the game. The kind of low-intensity, short duration instances that Zero got near the start are a good place to begin I think, either copied from them if necessary or used as inspiration if we are capable of building our own.

Quests...I'm not a terribly big fan of quests in RO. Content like dungeons being locked behind them is a huge pain if you have more than one character you want to take there, and daily type quests rapidly become chores rather than fun content. That being said, new content is new content, so as long as the rewards make it worth my time to do them, I'd be happy for things like storyline quests, or more difficult quests linked to the Dangerous Dungeons - these could reward gear obtainable from the dungeon, or even stuff that would otherwise be cash shop exclusive, like battle manuals, gum, and other consumables. I know Zero has dailies that give cash shop consumables and potion boxes but...considering the experience with Restart, I'm a bit hesitant to recommend the latter of those.

Cashless ways in game to achieve Enriched/HD Ores and Blacksmith Blessings is a big yes if the new gears we will get are going to be as reliant on upgrade levels as they are now in Renewal, or on kRO Zero. I don't have any particular issue with ores in the Cash Shop, but a way to get them in game, perhaps from Dangerous Dungeons/Fever Maps or quests related to them, or crafting them out of the normal ores, goes a long way to mitigating the p2w aspect of those refine-hungry gears.

That being said, I'd also like to see the refine bonus changes to armor refines - where armor refines give a lot more defense than they currently do on Renewal (10 defense per refine on 1~4, then 20 on 5~8, then 30 on 9~10). I'm not sure how effective even that change makes armor refining, but it at least doesn't look completely useless like armor refining is in Renewal right now.

Overall, I was hoping the changes to RT would be a lot more drastic than they seem after the first week of tests. But the changes we do have are certainly covering a good chunk of ground, and almost all of them have been very positive. If I had to list what I want to see in order of importance, it would be something like:

1. Skill Balance Changes

2. Fever Maps/Dangerous Dungeons and their respective gears

3. System Changes (Monster/Drop rate tuning, refining changes, questing changes, expanded Weapon/Armor Options, etc etc)

Things I want more information on in order of importance,

1. Dangerous Dungeons

2. Class Progression (standard Renewal Progression? Zero progression? Something new?)

3. Cash Shop contents

All in all, I'd say I'm pretty optimistic about RT. Again, many of the drastic changes I wanted to see seem like they'll be a bit aways still, but at the rate things have been added/changed in the CBT, I feel like we'll probably be in a pretty good spot by the time we get to OBT/Official launch.

#10 MiyaExx

MiyaExx

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 02:47 AM

The Skills rebalance, is something that everybody wants urgently.

Edited by MiyaExx, 23 December 2019 - 02:48 AM.

#11 jogooff2

jogooff2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 02:59 AM

Skill rebalance please

#12 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 03:03 AM

Skills rebalance is a priority. Everyone is waiting for it

#13 dididanger

dididanger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/bangrj
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Transex

Posted 23 December 2019 - 03:56 AM

bug in dagger attack animation in classes 2-1 2-2 (tested on thief only)

#14 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:01 AM

bug in dagger attack animation in classes 2-1 2-2 (tested on thief only)

Please use the bug report section, not here :):
https://forums.warpp...rt-bug-reports/

#15 minipeco

minipeco

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:28 AM

1. **Skill Balance Changes**

2. Fever Maps/Dangerous Dungeons and their respective gears

#16 kon100

kon100

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:29 AM

I think most of the players want to know what unique features will Transcendence have, aside the changes from Zero because of copyright issues, are you guys capable or allowed to make custom changes to match the sever and population requests?

Edited by kon100, 23 December 2019 - 04:30 AM.

#17 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:46 AM

Joining the feedback (no mod voice)

Considering we are still in beta so feedback is strictly on current server settings.

• Monster scaling to user's level/health, damage produced is too high for a proper linear progression.
    Elemental and regular short-attacks are overwhelming and shouldn't be able to 1 shot players. Seems that the staff are looking into this concern.
  • Gear and ores drop rate, assuming EAC is successful; other means to obtain gears and ores should be made available or adjust the drop rate.
  • Skill delay and variable fixed casting time of skills, may need to be adjusted on case by case basis.
  • Major issue with the beta is monster allocation in relevance to the navigation system/world map, the latter is using Renewal while the spawn data is of revo classic origins. Fixing this will resolve a lot of the issues in regarding monster search.

Things to look forward to:

• Monster/Drop data sheet.
  • Item giver data sheet (OBB, OPB, Gift Box..etc)
  • Bounty board system, not within release time.
  • MvP instances, something similar to Verus Central Laboratory would be nice (restrictions / entry fee may apply).
    Perhaps upon completion the user may collect special misc item (account bound?)  that later can be redeemed for a piece of equipment (account bound?).
  • Kafra Shop with no Blue Potions, I am fine with the rest of the usual items, but no rental gears, at least not at the beginning.
  • Instances DC fix update from kRO, it is to allow the user to re-enter an instance upon DC. It comes with restrictions, please!

Edited by VModCinnamon, 23 December 2019 - 07:38 AM.

#18 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:16 AM

Agreed with skill balances as the focus of the server.

#19 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 23 December 2019 - 07:25 AM

• Kafra Shop with no Blue Potions, I am fine with the rest of the usual items, but no rental gears, at least not at the beginning.

No hp potions either! 

#20 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 07:28 AM

• Skill delay and variable casting time of skills, may need to be adjusted on case by case basis. e.g Storm Gust.

From looking at the cast time on renewal skills I believe the "Fixed cast time" portion is going to be a big problem and needs to be removed/severely reduced on most skills for a lvl 99 environment.

For example, it's going to be near-impossible to break a pre-cast when Magnetic Earth has a 1 sec FCT + 4 sec VCT and Sacrifice has a 1.5 sc FCT + 1.5 sec VCT. Monks without Sacrifice won't even be able to Asura a knight if they don't have Sacrifice when Asura has a 1 sec FCT.  I could go on and check more skills but we get the point. 

FCT = Fixed cast time

VCT = variable cast time

This is one of the few things Restart did right, which was removing the fixed cast time from all skills.

Edited by AaronP2W, 23 December 2019 - 07:35 AM.

#21 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 07:33 AM

Ah yes, I meant the fixed casting time portion. I will edit my feedback post. Thanks.

#22 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 07:34 AM

The RO:Zero solution was decrease post-cast delay to 0.5~1.0 seconds and add skill cooldowns, so a Wizard could cast Storm Gust > LoV > Meteor, but couldn't just spam Storm Gust with the cooldown.

With that I believe fixed cast rate was reduced as well.

Edited by xSwain, 23 December 2019 - 07:34 AM.

#23 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 07:37 AM

The RO:Zero solution was decrease post-cast delay to 0.5~1.0 seconds and add skill cooldowns, so a Wizard could cast Storm Gust > LoV > Meteor, but couldn't just spam Storm Gust with the cooldown.

With that I believe fixed cast rate was reduced as well.

That makes sense to make playing your character more diverse. 

For example, it would be better if Asura had a 15-25 second cooldown instead of the sp penalty of 10 seconds since that would allow you to actually play your character and do other things in between using Asura. 

Edited by AaronP2W, 23 December 2019 - 07:41 AM.

#24 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 07:40 AM

Yeah, you got forced to perform combos instead of just exploit your strongest skill over and over.

I think this is best than be useless after your main skill, like Asura, to prevent spam.

Edited by xSwain, 23 December 2019 - 07:42 AM.

#25 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 07:44 AM

All right, mod voice on. A friendly note/reminder;

Try to keep the discussion to minimum, small comments are okay :) this is to help the staff read trough the feedback listings cleanly.

For thorough discussion use the appropriate linked threads as in the first post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users