Renewal Hacking Spree - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Renewal Hacking Spree

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#26 PandaRtZ

PandaRtZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:47 AM

I would like to share my experience that make me fade away from RO. My account was hack and i try to contact with a support team a whole conversation is take 3-4 day before they said we will investigate it. After that a whole month pass with this one email "We are sorry for our late response. Unfortunately, we are currently facing a technical issue that forces us to hold the investigation until it is fixed. Rest assured, this ticket is set as active and we will get back to you once we have an update[ almost 5 weeks]. There is nothing we could express than an apology to you" and case close that we can't find your item case close?
          I make a new ticket new support take my case same process 3-5 day for asking a information and do a investigation.I got email back to me after 2weeks said that we found that I'm drop a item to a novice [ DROP not even trade] and we can't recovery your's item because it's a long time ago already. So i give up man it take a long time because ............... my fault?

Edited by PandaRtZ, 15 October 2020 - 11:49 AM.

#27 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:50 AM

Were still figuring out what is happening and trying to find a commonality in the reports to see whats going on. I have activated the GM team and told them to focus on this.

Camp's Theme Song tackling this issue atm =o

Edited by ZeoKenX, 15 October 2020 - 11:52 AM.

#28 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:51 AM

I would like to share my experience that make me fade away from RO. My account was hack and i try to contact with a support team a whole conversation is take 3-4 day before they said we will investigate it. After that a whole month pass with this one email "We are sorry for our late response. Unfortunately, we are currently facing a technical issue that forces us to hold the investigation until it is fixed. Rest assured, this ticket is set as active and we will get back to you once we have an update[ almost 5 weeks]. There is nothing we could express than an apology to you" and case close that we can't find your item case close?
          I make a new ticket new support take my case same process 3-5 day for asking a information and do a investigation.I got email back to me after 2weeks said that we found that I'm drop a item to a novice [ DROP not even trade] and we can't recovery your's item because it's a long time ago already. So i give up man it take a long time because ............... my fault?

They should not be giving that response. The account sharing rule is due to players with normal access every day taking items. Not about third parties stealing stuff. How long ago did this happen?

The basic premise was if I share my account with Xealot every day and Xealot steals my items then its not restorable because Xealot already had access. But if Cordite logged in and took my stuff out of the blue then I should get assistance.

#29 PandaRtZ

PandaRtZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:58 AM

They should not be giving that response. The account sharing rule is due to players with normal access every day taking items. Not about third parties stealing stuff. How long ago did this happen?

The basic premise was if I share my account with Xealot every day and Xealot steals my items then its not restorable because Xealot already had access. But if Cordite logged in and took my stuff out of the blue then I should get assistance.

I can said that i didn't share Id to any one. My first ticket is start at 7/29/2020 the whole case is close at 9/7/2020 [for 2ticket same issue]

#30 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:59 AM

I can said that i didn't share Id to any one. My first ticket is start at 7/29/2020 the whole case is close at 9/7/2020 [for 2ticket same issue]

Send me the ticket numbers please.

#31 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:02 PM

Were still figuring out what is happening and trying to find a commonality in the reports to see whats going on. I have activated the GM team and told them to focus on this.

^Lmao

I love the "I have activated the GM team and told them to focus on this.".

Like there some kinda of AI program you can press a button and they get to work.. Hahaha 

GM team ASSEMBLE!!!

#32 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:04 PM

^Lmao

I love the "I have activated the GM team and told them to focus on this.".

Like there some kinda of AI program you can press a button and they get to work.. Hahaha 

GM team ASSEMBLE!!!

We have a protocol for emergencies/big events on what takes priority. If there is something mass hacking accounts right now. We need to shut that down. 

#33 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:20 PM

We have a protocol for emergencies/big events on what takes priority. If there is something mass hacking accounts right now. We need to shut that down. 

This has been happen for some time now.

People on iRO are being targeted in-game for their items/gears *hint hint*

Here's some advice:

My steam is a different pass/log-in

My WP fourm is a different pass/log-in 

My iRO account is a different pass/log-in

For WP to just throw you off to the side like that... that's mess up.

NAME THEM, GIVE US THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS!!!

Call Them out on this horrible customer service rep behavior because if it was me i would have spammed the forums; gone level 10,000 Karen on him.

GMF-UP

Ooops sorry for the spam  :ani_swt3:

Edited by abui951, 15 October 2020 - 12:26 PM.

#34 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:34 PM

Thankfully its within a year... 

#35 chumar

chumar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Outside Earth
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:38 PM

I don't think you'll ever get your gears back. This is how I lost a friend, this happened around 5 months ago. He's the same as you, never shared logins with anyone next thing he knows all his gears are gone. Sent a support ticket, at first he thought it would take just days to recover his items, because I told him I was able to recover my gears after waiting for few days when I got hacked years ago(from the school project guy). But my gears was only noob gears(OCP did not exist back then so good old valk shields, witch pumpkin hat, WWsets, etc..), while his gears are OCP gears where he spent thousands just to get them. He waited few days, got a reply asking to list all his gears (he had a lot of gears, this dude spends money on WP), all his characters are geared up so he could only list what he can remember. Then support replied back after a week, saying that they would keep the ticket alive, and will look into it. Few days gone, still not resolved, few weeks gone, still not resolved,  a month has gone still not resolved, two months gone, still not resolved, three months gone, support team replied that they can't fix the problem and that's it. My mate gave up, and I feel bad and mad because he's the only mate that I have left in game and also because he spent thousand of dollars on OCP and lost it. So I say shame to the hacker and shame to the support team which offered no support at all. He supported the game with his time and money, but the game didn't support him back. And this is my message to whoever is the Game/Server Master, either fix the hacking issues and improve your support team or don't give false support at all. 

PS. I just want my mate back...

Edited by chumar, 15 October 2020 - 12:39 PM.

#36 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:54 PM

I don't think you'll ever get your gears back. This is how I lost a friend, this happened around 5 months ago. He's the same as you, never shared logins with anyone next thing he knows all his gears are gone. Sent a support ticket, at first he thought it would take just days to recover his items, because I told him I was able to recover my gears after waiting for few days when I got hacked years ago(from the school project guy). But my gears was only noob gears(OCP did not exist back then so good old valk shields, witch pumpkin hat, WWsets, etc..), while his gears are OCP gears where he spent thousands just to get them. He waited few days, got a reply asking to list all his gears (he had a lot of gears, this dude spends money on WP), all his characters are geared up so he could only list what he can remember. Then support replied back after a week, saying that they would keep the ticket alive, and will look into it. Few days gone, still not resolved, few weeks gone, still not resolved,  a month has gone still not resolved, two months gone, still not resolved, three months gone, support team replied that they can't fix the problem and that's it. My mate gave up, and I feel bad and mad because he's the only mate that I have left in game and also because he spent thousand of dollars on OCP and lost it. So I say shame to the hacker and shame to the support team which offered no support at all. He supported the game with his time and money, but the game didn't support him back. And this is my message to whoever is the Game/Server Master, either fix the hacking issues and improve your support team or don't give false support at all. 

Can you see if your friend will PM me about this or has already?

#37 chumar

chumar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:06 PM

Can you see if your friend will PM me about this or has already?

After the hacking, he rarely comes online (maybe in few months time), but ill let him know when he's on. But what exactly will happen when he pm's you? Will he receive different response? or will it just be the same (wait few months hoping that they would forget about the ticket kind)?  Because if you can provide a better service, then your support team is useless, since they didn't provide the best service, which is what they getting paid for. 

Edited by chumar, 15 October 2020 - 01:07 PM.

#38 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:08 PM

^Damn i'm sorry for your friend.

But yes, SHAME on the support team.

Sounds like this can be some kind of corruption?

Because I've talked too a lot of people who gotten hacked, they reached out to WP support and it's the same process/responds they get back from [*cough cough*].

They have the mindset of "YOUR GUILTY, until you have solid proof that your innocent." but when you can prove it "Oh sorry its been too long we can't do nothing."

This has always been their customer service moto; and so many people are turned off by that. 

Edited by abui951, 15 October 2020 - 01:13 PM.

#39 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:12 PM

After the hacking, he rarely comes online (maybe in few months time), but ill let him know when he's on. But what exactly will happen when he pm's you? Will he receive different response? or will it just be the same (wait few months hoping that they would forget about the ticket kind)?  Because if you can provide a better service, then your support team is useless, since they didn't provide the best service, which is what they getting paid for. 

Ideally I can force them to reconsider. If you know his character name I can maybe poke them. But its better if he messages me. There are good and bad reasons to deny a restore and if its as you say then they chose a bad reason.

#40 Klief

Klief

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:19 PM

Ideally I can force them to reconsider. If you know his character name I can maybe poke them. But its better if he messages me. There are good and bad reasons to deny a restore and if its as you say then they chose a bad reason.

Chumar, this is your chance to get him back. Get him online!  :)

#41 chumar

chumar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:21 PM

^Damn i'm sorry for your friend.

But yes, SHAME on the support team.

Sounds like this can be some kind of corruption?

Because there's be so many people I've talked too who gotten hacked, they reached out to WP support and it's the same process/responds they get back from [*cough cough*].

I mean, I thank them for supporting me when I got hacked years ago, but maybe they helped because I only have like 10 - 20 gears back then which should be easy to investigate. 

I don't think the "support" team wants to handle big tickets, my assumption is that they are lazy and don't wanna waste a lot of time on investigation (so they wait for few months hoping that everyone forgets about the ticket). Which is crazy because this is basically what they are getting paid for. 

I really think they should improve and re-train their support team because we players support the game, and we should get the same support back. 

#42 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

F that, i would have dipped too. 

After the bad impression and experience he got from WP customer service.

i'd be like "F THAT GAME." and then he'll be back like me; aggressive and toxic on the forums and in game.

Hahaha

#43 chumar

chumar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:41 PM

I wish I can haha, he's a member in the Royal Guard discord group, you probably know him.

#44 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 02:14 PM

I m smell from Philipine again.. huff

#45 Hell87closer

Hell87closer

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 02:16 PM

@campitor

someone stole of my items more expensive please help me i sended a ticket with this num   [185-2717DB24-005B]

Edited by Hell87closer, 15 October 2020 - 02:17 PM.

#46 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 15 October 2020 - 02:33 PM

I m smell from Philipine again.. huff

Damn, didn't a Filipino recently strikes
Stealing a whole guild storage OCPs

#47 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 02:53 PM

Damn, didn't a Filipino recently strikes
Stealing a whole guild storage OCPs

:gg:

#48 AdventureAwaits

AdventureAwaits

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 03:41 PM

It's just so basic, even their website is not safe > https://pasteboard.co/JvPKN8Z.png

Edited by AdventureAwaits, 15 October 2020 - 03:42 PM.

#49 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 03:53 PM

LOLOLOL 

#50 SaltySailor

SaltySailor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 15 October 2020 - 04:12 PM

It's just so basic, even their website is not safe > https://pasteboard.co/JvPKN8Z.png

I had to white list all of their stuff because none of it has security protocols. They probably store passwords plain text and use default database accounts and passwords.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users