Renewal Hacking Spree - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Renewal Hacking Spree

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#51 alvin1111

alvin1111

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 04:49 PM

The hacker left enough zenny in my account to buy back the item lost. Thanks, I guess? lol

Edited by alvin1111, 15 October 2020 - 04:55 PM.

#52 alvin1111

alvin1111

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 04:53 PM

So only a certain guild or well known players was targeted?

I don't think so. My one month old account was hacked last oct 14, noob accounts are not safe. The hackers have very low standards :lol:

#53 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:05 PM

Thanks Campitor for the prompt response and action, all my gratitude for you
please do bug the support team and GM team to resolve this issue, we victims and player alike will help with all our effort.

to the other victim, my condolences, i hope we can get what is rightfully ours back.

to the player supporting, thank you so much for the support and kind word.. it helps.

i dun wanna quit iRO T^T

#54 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:50 PM

Thanks Campitor for the prompt response and action, all my gratitude for you
please do bug the support team and GM team to resolve this issue, we victims and player alike will help with all our effort.

to the other victim, my condolences, i hope we can get what is rightfully ours back.

to the player supporting, thank you so much for the support and kind word.. it helps.

i dun wanna quit iRO T^T

Yes Campitor. I am impressed and appreciated of the response  you guys are doing ^^

Most companies and such wait a few days before they say they take action or something. This is immediate!

#55 3809151027155131517

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:59 PM

Did any of you let someone use your computer? Or did you log in to a public computer? Must be a keylogger.

#56 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:40 PM

This is not the 1st time this had happened. I am pretty tech savvy and know what I should or should not install, what links to click on and under no circumstances share my accounts with anyone. None of my passwords are the same. I even keep my main account separate from my forums (non Warpportal forums) accounts. Yet, it still happened to me numerous of times. I am not sure how they did it, but I remember on one particular day, there was this player who was dropping tons of arrows in S.Prontera. I accidentally picked up one of the arrows due to a misclicked and poof my stuff got hijacked. Fortunately, I was able to get my items restored.

Another time I was playing and got a message saying that someone has logged into my account. I immediate logged out and submitted a ticket. GM said someone from the Philippines were trying to access my account. WP should really consider investing in a more secure server since they've been getting hack left and right for decades.

#57 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:03 PM

This is not the 1st time this had happened. I am pretty tech savvy and know what I should or should not install, what links to click on and under no circumstances share my accounts with anyone. None of my passwords are the same. I even keep my main account separate from my forums (non Warpportal forums) accounts. Yet, it still happened to me numerous of times. I am not sure how they did it, but I remember on one particular day, there was this player who was dropping tons of arrows in S.Prontera. I accidentally picked up one of the arrows due to a misclicked and poof my stuff got hijacked. Fortunately, I was able to get my items restored.

Another time I was playing and got a message saying that someone has logged into my account. I immediate logged out and submitted a ticket. GM said someone from the Philippines were trying to access my account. WP should really consider investing in a more secure server since they've been getting hack left and right for decades.

yeah i dont trust playing iRO or spending money on this game anymore

#58 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:08 PM

GM said someone from the Philippines were trying to access my account. WP should really consider investing in a more secure server since they've been getting hack left and right for decades.

Attack of Pinoys!? xD

#59 ScIngramBTZ

ScIngramBTZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:09 PM

Haven't logged in for 2-3 months and also got hacked :) years of playing lost to the abyss

#60 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:11 PM

Haven't logged in for 2-3 months and also got hacked :) years of playing lost to the abyss

Send in a ticket

aka - F your account its been too long

Edited by abui951, 15 October 2020 - 07:11 PM.

#61 jitterscrux

jitterscrux

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 247 posts
  • LocationPoopland
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:11 PM

Let me check my account.

#62 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:12 PM

i m never spend any $ for warpportal n i still can rich enough for mvp  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

#63 LittleBurger

LittleBurger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:36 PM

Please help, I just sent you PM Campitor. I lost all my gears (kiel, gtb, eddga and more).

..Lion..][

#64 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:58 PM

I can only hope for the people who have gotten hack..

Please post your stories about if you WP could have restored your account/items or not.

DO NOT let it go salient and let them keep doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The server needs to know they they are just pushing ppl over and not caring about the loyal players. 

AND new plays need to know what is happening before joining  

Edited by abui951, 15 October 2020 - 10:16 PM.

#65 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:01 PM

I can only hope for the people who have gotten hack..

Please post your stories about if you WP could have restored your account/items or not.

DO NOT let it go salient and let them keep doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The server needs to know they they are just pushing ppl over and not caring about they loyal players. 

AND new plays need to know what is happening before joining  

To follow up on this if you get a denial bug myself or astra about it and we will check out whats going on. There is a narrow reason for denying restores if players are really getting hacked.

#66 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:12 PM

To follow up on this if you get a denial bug myself or astra about it and we will check out whats going on. There is a narrow reason for denying restores if players are really getting hacked.

Narrow?! 

Its more like LAZY TF?!?!

At the end of the day, WP support can track who's been lying about getting their accounts hacked and items taken away.

who've they reach out too, to help and compensated.

Edited by abui951, 15 October 2020 - 10:16 PM.

#67 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:19 PM

Narrow?! 

Its more like LAZY TF?!?!

At the end of the day, WP support can track who's been lying about getting their accounts hacked and items taken away.

who've they reach out too, to help and compensated.

The account sharing rules has to do with sharing with buddies. If you share with say Eremes Guile every day for years and then suddenly Eremes Guile empties your account as back stabbing assassins do. As far as we can tell he had permission to access the account. However should you be sharing with Ereme Guile but then Gramps takes your stuff its not a valid reason to deny the restore.

If the gms are misapplying this policy then they need to be retaught.

#68 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:24 PM

The account sharing rules has to do with sharing with buddies. If you share with say Eremes Guile every day for years and then suddenly Eremes Guile empties your account as back stabbing assassins do. As far as we can tell he had permission to access the account. However should you be sharing with Ereme Guile but then Gramps takes your stuff its not a valid reason to deny the restore.

If the gms are misapplying this policy then they need to be retaught.

Its 2020 and things like that RARELY happens

and if it do well damn restore there items and tell them to not do it again. [log it in]

it'll be an L on both parties; where WP knows about this account and char.

Thats customer service 101...

at the end of the day you guys should be trying to retain loyal customers not deny them. They are the ones like me, willing to spend money on the game.

Edited by abui951, 15 October 2020 - 10:29 PM.

#69 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:30 PM

Its 2020 and things like that RARELY happens

and if it do well damn restore there items and tell them to not do it again. [log it in]

it'll be an L on both parties; where WP knows about this account and char.

Thats customer service 101...

at the end of the day you guys should be trying to retain loyal customers not deny them. They are the ones like me, willing to spend money on the game.

I hope you understand that  I agree with you that things should be handled correctly. There is a very little reason for users to be denied under the reported circumstances.

#70 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:34 PM

I hope you understand that  I agree with you that things should be handled correctly. There is a very little reason for users to be denied under the reported circumstances.

@Campitor 

I understand fully aware that you have no control, on company policy.

but the structure that WP has built there customer service policy on is dated and its only able to get the company by, yet never to thrive..

These advise, companies BUY for 50k-100k per session, im giving it to you for free.... 

THE END

get yo shhhhht together  :lv:

Edited by abui951, 15 October 2020 - 10:51 PM.

#71 AdventureAwaits

AdventureAwaits

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:53 PM

Campitor, why http://www.playragnarok.com/ is not secure? Maybe that's how the hacker was able to get credentials. Even basic of securing website WP can't do? How much more if you handle serious cases? Or you company does not have enough money to hire someone to secure your website? Cmon!

#72 LittleBurger

LittleBurger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:06 PM

Just some information on someone who was hacked (me):

- All 5 accounts hacked.

- They only took valuable items (Kiel/GTB/Phreeoni/RSX/Tao gunka/Eddga/Moonlight and probably more).

- Affected Characters were found at South Prontera. 

I never share my e-mail with anyone:

>> This e-mail was not used for my youtube channel or any facebook groups.

>> The only people who knows my main e-mail are the GMs when I request to verify items. 

>> I never share my account or password. If my brother ever plays with me I will log on myself, using my own laptop. So no one knows my account id/pw.

>> My client is legit downloaded from warpportal. 

>> I never RMT

I have played since 2004 and this has never happened to me until now. 

Hope this information helps the GMs in their investigations and other players.

Just finished a long week and I usually log on to play by now. Time to find a new hobby unless my items get restored.

..Lion..][

#73 LittleBurger

LittleBurger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:10 PM

I was told in my ticket that they could not guarantee return of all my items. So does that mean there's a chance I won't get everything back?

#74 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:16 PM

- All 5 accounts hacked.

that ^_^ probably has access to all your personal information.
how t f all 5 accounts. that is very interesting.

&

other than restoring your stuff.
shouldnt you ask about. moving forward, what has been done?
WP will they IP block that hacker even if they manage to trace ?

#75 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:14 AM

Campitor, why http://www.playragnarok.com/ is not secure? Maybe that's how the hacker was able to get credentials. Even basic of securing website WP can't do? How much more if you handle serious cases? Or you company does not have enough money to hire someone to secure your website? Cmon!

Nope, not enough money. One Enforcer shoes clearing the whole 99% game contents! xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users