Notice Regarding WoE 2 Kublin Event - Page 2 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Notice Regarding WoE 2 Kublin Event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic

#26 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:31 PM

Is this change will be applied for all server (Chaos/Thor/Poring)?

And what is the new respawn timer?

All servers

??
OCA? BOT? who are you?

What needs to be clear is:

- If Kublin's Respawn time is 1 hour, leave it as is and correct Juno's respawn
- If the respawn was wrong measures need to be taken against the guild that did this abuse
- Changing the respawn, simply by changing it does not make sense and will only be giving advantage to the guild that farmed / controlled the kublin respawn

And  what as going to happen with all the 2 more months of exclusive exploit and farm for p2w players?

To be clear anything any pierre boxes that came directly from Kublin and the pierre box on any iRO server be it Chaos, Thor, Valkyrie, Iris, Old Chaos, Old Loki, Classic Loki, Old Old Sakray, Ymir, Poring, or Odin are not considered an exploited item. Any pierre boxes found by the GM team that do not come from this game content or any items generated by boxes that did not originate directly from this content are considered bad and will still be removed. 

all the other servers exception iRO keep it once a week, why the fck is this a hour/hour quest here? Considering the possibilite of obtaining BB, which RUIN the server with all those outside server MVP’s beeing respawned.

I really don’t understand this staff.

You are correct that most official servers have it at once a week. However due to the history of this event and the apparent 1 hour respawn built into the script since 2009 we feel it is important to allow all guilds access to the content. Though we do agree that 1 hour is too fast in this day and age and are nerfing that a little.

#27 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:43 PM

Here we go again ... ROUND 2! 

RoT forums are more active than RoT server itself. While the change is appropriate (???), the fact that WP has already lost credibility to show transparency will result in people quiting. I mean, you should not change it now. If you really wanted to, you would of done so long long ass time ago, Camp. I think this is really unfair which reminds me of time when some people on Chaos quickly stocked up free Token Of Siegfried before you changed it lmfao

Even if you promise to people that all items that were dropped before the change will be dealt with ie removed. I doubt if people will even believe it  :heh:

iGf6gLH.jpg

The first report I am currently aware of Kublin spawns being weird was back in August. I couldn't see the reason for the issue until I saw today's video which gave me the clues needed to know what was wrong in the script. I talked to Heim/Holden and none of us can remember a report reaching us in the past. Its possible that a classic era report was made but I am not aware of such.

I saw a post accusing me of helping Valhalla out with this event when it was bugged. I never did so. I however have assisted with the https://irowiki.org/...d_Items_Quest_2 when for some reason the npcs didn't advance the quest but they had killed all the monsters which we confirmed via logs.

#28 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:52 PM

thanks camp for making it clear! sorry u had to deal with the trolls and people who cry

#29 leozin2

leozin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:52 PM

You are correct that most official servers have it at once a week. However due to the history of this event and the apparent 1 hour respawn built into the script since 2009 we feel it is important to allow all guilds access to the content. Though we do agree that 1 hour is too fast in this day and age and are nerfing that a little.

In my point of view, that’s a bad way to deal with this quest. This quest beeing hour/hour is able to break the economy and turn the gaming experience to a bad way. But ok...

#30 leozin2

leozin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:54 PM

thanks camp for making it clear! sorry u had to deal with the trolls and people who cry

not my fault if u don’t know how to coexist with adverse opinions :)

#31 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:55 PM

The first report I am currently aware of Kublin spawns being weird was back in August. I couldn't see the reason for the issue until I saw today's video which gave me the clues needed to know what was wrong in the script. I talked to Heim/Holden and none of us can remember a report reaching us in the past. Its possible that a classic era report was made but I am not aware of such.

I saw a post accusing me of helping Valhalla out with this event when it was bugged. I never did so. I however have assisted with the https://irowiki.org/...d_Items_Quest_2 when for some reason the npcs didn't advance the quest but they had killed all the monsters which we confirmed via logs.

Alright Camp. You do whatever you think is best. Anyway, did you check PMs at all? Please do so if you haven't  :ani_shy:  :ani_glare:

#32 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:57 PM

In my point of view, that’s a bad way to deal with this quest. This quest beeing hour/hour is able to break the economy and turn the gaming experience to a bad way. But ok...

cant u read? camp is literally making the spawns not hourly anymore lmao

#33 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:00 PM

Poring can't have special rules. At this point with a combined 37 years of this possible on RO1 renewal (2 years of Iris, Chaos, Loki, 4 Years of Valkyrie, 2 Years of Ymir, 2 Years Yggdrasil, 8 Years of New Chaos, and 5 Years of Thor) The damage if any is done. I do agree however that this is a concern for the future of Poring. Which means plans need to be made to address that aspect. That means looking at ways of draining items and other consumables willingly away from users through events and changes.

However, right now we need to make it so that everyone with a WoE 2 Castle has the opportunities to use this content even if its at a reduced rate and publishing that knowledge in patch notes and forum updates.

#34 leozin2

leozin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:00 PM

ofc it will be hour/hour u -_- dumb, it will not be day/day or week/week

#35 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:02 PM

What he means is a spawn measured in hours like once every 8 hours, or once every 4. Instead of once a day or once a week.

#36 mattmandarim

mattmandarim

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:03 PM

So, why RoT has a different spawn time when most of oficial servers allow kublin only once a week ?

Thats at the point,we play it legit and try to gatter info from you how this server works.
What are the servers drops, I send you one PM these days asking about drop rates.

How could one know that kublin had 1h spawn in this server since theres no info, data base how this RoT works and wich rules are different ?
Luck ? Maybe
Playing on private and trying the same here ? Maybe too
Code access ? I dont know.

We lack of information how things work and proof is that almost everyone one here got shocked about that, excep the ones using it.
If the GMs and the community agrees that this quest need to be nerfed, it also means that the last 2 months drops of it needs to be nerfed and correct too.

Edited by mattmandarim, 21 October 2020 - 07:06 PM.

#37 Ovrr

Ovrr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:10 PM

All servers

To be clear anything any pierre boxes that came directly from Kublin and the pierre box on any iRO server be it Chaos, Thor, Valkyrie, Iris, Old Chaos, Old Loki, Classic Loki, Old Old Sakray, Ymir, Poring, or Odin are not considered an exploited item. Any pierre boxes found by the GM team that do not come from this game content or any items generated by boxes that did not originate directly from this content are considered bad and will still be removed. 

""Though we do agree that 1 hour is too fast in this day and age and are nerfing that a little.""

If Kublin is not really buggy, it really isn't exploit and nobody should be punished.

Adjusting the respawn after a guild has farm thousands of food + 10 / Items makes no sense.

If you really think the 1h respawn is unbalanced (it really is unbalanced)
Remove the items or part of the them

Or leave the 1 hour respawn, keep the items and move on

#38 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:11 PM

So, why RoT has a different spawn time when most of oficial servers allow kublin only once a week ?

Thats at the point,we play it legit and try to gatter info from you how this server works.
What are the servers drops, I send you one PM these days asking about drop rates.

How could one know that kublin had 1h spawn in this server since theres no info, data base how this RoT works and wich rules are different ?
Luck ? Maybe

We lack of information how things work and proof is that almost everyone one here got shocked about that, excep the ones using it.
If the GMs and the community agrees that this quest need to be nerfed, it also means that the last 2 months drops of it needs to be nerfed and correct too.

is not hard to figure it out that it respawns every hour. if u spent hours in GD and saw kublin alive the next hr after u turn in the quest, u would put the 2 on 2 together. why should the people that spent 2 months of farming get their item removed? the spent hours and hours farming kublins legitimately, the work as a guild to get the guild dungeons, and they spend their time killing the mvps obtain from bloody branches. makes 0 sense why should peoples 2months of effort playing the game being deleted like that lmao

Edited by ElenaGilbert, 21 October 2020 - 07:12 PM.

#39 1104094507

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:14 PM

If only Enforcer shoes is disabled in WoE, this kind of things should never happened. 

:heh:

#40 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:15 PM

Luck ? Maybe

All of iRO has this spawn point since the event was implemented in 2009. It appears many other official servers just didn't do Kublin or used a once a week timer.
I am prohibited from sharing exact drop tables. I am allowed to give approximate drop tables if you would like.
Luck ? Maybe
It is my understanding the this particular group knew about it from past observations from other iRO servers.

We are making so that everyone with a WoE 2 Castle has the opportunities to use this content even if its at a slightly reduced rate and publishing that knowledge in patch notes and forum updates.

#41 fmuller33

fmuller33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:16 PM

What he means is a spawn measured in hours like once every 8 hours, or once every 4. Instead of once a day or once a week.

And what are you going to do with all the items from MVP's for these two months? I undestand now this is not a exploit, but they already know this is not a thing what would happen and they took advantage for that, basicly farming 2 months of free MVP's like any other monster who spawns instantly, and have foods who are really valuable and just crash all the economy, you agreed with that?

#42 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:17 PM

""Though we do agree that 1 hour is too fast in this day and age and are nerfing that a little.""

If Kublin is not really buggy, it really isn't exploit and nobody should be punished.

Adjusting the respawn after a guild has farm thousands of food + 10 / Items makes no sense.

If you really think the 1h respawn is unbalanced (it really is unbalanced)
Remove the items or part of the them

Or leave the 1 hour respawn, keep the items and move on

Because 1 kublin per hr * 2 realms is a doubled spawn rate of Kublin. With the changes were making the spawns will be divided between the two realms, and be reduced but not to the point where guilds will never see him.

#43 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:23 PM

is not hard to figure it out that it respawns every hour. if u spent hours in GD and saw kublin alive the next hr after u turn in the quest, u would put the 2 on 2 together. why should the people that spent 2 months of farming get their item removed? the spent hours and hours farming kublins legitimately, the work as a guild to get the guild dungeons, and they spend their time killing the mvps obtain from bloody branches. makes 0 sense why should peoples 2months of effort playing the game being deleted like that lmao

It is better than what happen with classic. Maybe a learning experience for the future I guess.

#44 estebin

estebin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:38 PM

Hi camp,
Any update on renewal hack please?

#45 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:39 PM

I can understand why people are upset.  Honestly, I can.  But at what point do people stop pointing the finger at the people with the memory of how iRO servers have worked for eternity and start leaving it directed at the people running the show?  

It wasn't an exploit, and at this point if you are still calling it that you are either not paying attention or you lack the understanding to even discuss the topic.

People's items shouldnt be "deleted" just because they got them and you didnt.  We can't sit here and split hairs on whether or not you as an individual guild or player would have gotten Kublin or even have the manpower to compete with the people who have been doing it for years on other servers.

Do I think that its not the greatest thing for a server to have?  No I dont.  However luckily, the items that can currently be obtained from the mvps that dont naturally spawn are just ultra slight increases (outside of like a god hunting spear).  MVP cards on this server mean sooooooo little if anything at all.  Hence why people are begging others to buy their OH cards.  Fixed Cast Times and enchants have made a lot of the servers features numbers dependent like woe.  You cant 1v50 with stacked items anymore.  The stat foods dont even matter because anything that was going to 1 shot you definitely will still 1 shot you and anything you were going to 1 shot was going to die anyway, gear permitting.

At the end of the day, the good thing is that there will be a change to how it works.  There hasnt been a change in 11 years.  Who knows if anyone will even beat p2w at spawns or will even give a damn once ET rolls out or if p2w will ever care about kublin ever again once ET rolls out.  It was always the plan to have the fastest ET times, and streamline multiple runs per week.  You multiply that mentality by every group of people who enjoy mvping and THAT is where we will see the items roll out.

Thats where we are folks.  It's a server probably headed for 3rds that has almost reached the capacity limit of content that was intended to implement PRE 3rds.  Once we get ET and nameless stuff is gonna get really weird and broken if they decide to start adding random custom content and items.

Probably best to enjoy it while it lasts or do what im doing and just woe log/play something else.

Edited by Suraborn, 21 October 2020 - 07:42 PM.

#46 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:40 PM

Hi camp,
Any update on renewal hack please?

Restores are coming for most users. The GMs are reviewing their denial policies and will be reviewing recent denials to see if they can do better or missed a restore they should have done.

#47 XianHuo

XianHuo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:41 PM

Luck ? Maybe
It is my understanding the this particular group knew about it from past observations from other iRO servers.

I'm failing to understand how this is an acceptable answer to the issue? So because a group of player knew and abused a certain unintended and unannounced feature that is iRO-Exclusive, how does that legitimizes it? There was no official documentation of this behavior and no in-game way to figure it out.

A few players benefitted from this behavior, and although I agree with you no one is obligated to know that a behavior is unintended, the GM team needs to take the proper action to balance out the results that came from its own mistake.

Anyway, I know nothing will come out of this it, so let them have it because ON THE OPEN THEY CAN'T HANDLE IT!! Maybe next time you can get them some +20 food and a few more unobtainable items so they might be able to actually do something.

#48 Akeris

Akeris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:56 PM

It's not iRO's responsibility to spoon feed every new/foreign player when it comes down to in-game content that have existed for well over a decade on their servers. People also could've easily just researched things on iRO Wiki or other online resources if they took the time to do so. Even if iRO announced every single feature/content in the game in detail, the document would be so damn long that no one is going to bother reading the whole thing anyways.

#49 fmuller33

fmuller33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:59 PM

So PvM players are able to quit because a party just heavily farm soloing a lot of MvP's because Staff didn't checked how much items are supposedly being dropped really fast at the server breaking the economy? Even when we already talked about Pierre's Box bug?

#50 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 08:01 PM

So PvM players are able to quit because a party just heavily farm soloing a lot of MvP's because Staff didn't checked how much items are supposedly being dropped really fast at the server breaking the economy? Even when we already talked about Pierre's Box bug?

To be clear anything any pierre boxes and their contents came directly from Kublin event  on any iRO server be it Chaos, Thor, Valkyrie, Iris, Old Chaos, Old Loki, Classic Loki, Old Old Sakray, Ymir, Poring, or Odin are not considered an exploited item. Any pierre boxes found by the GM team that do not come from this game content or any items generated by boxes that did not originate directly from this content are considered bad and will still be removed along with as the players who generated them. 

If you think someone has items they shouldn't report it to the GM team so they can take appropriate action. The intention of this thread is not to declare all boxes ever valid but to clarify the history regarding many boxes over the years and provide a way forward regarding that content.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users