Looks like GMs listens to a few chosen players *Enforcer nerf* - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 11 votes

Looks like GMs listens to a few chosen players *Enforcer nerf*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
363 replies to this topic

#126 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:12 PM

as main gx and playing rg for quite a while, yes, WP should balance items which make this riot

and maybe should see other ocp gears which cause problem too

#127 IDexter

IDexter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBeyond the wall
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:44 PM

Enough said let’s all woe and pvm with eden gears. More challenging. Lol

Wow, I am loving your sense of humor man! 

#128 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:25 AM

I don't understand the hypocrisy about balancing at play here

Ro is a game meant for different classes, and each class is focussed on a particular job

Classes like ab is a support class, with heals and tons of buff skills, why are they doing 1m+ damage?

Classes like rg are meant to tank classes, with it myriads of reduction skills directly baked into their skillet, they shouldn't be doing any significant damage at all, but they do quite a lot of damage(3m-5m dps) which give these rg players to even have the ambition to reach the best DMG class

While classes like gx have no such shenanigans other than damage, which is meant to be a glass canon classes, and they are getting targeted left and right, just they do damage.

@campitor, don't forget the roots of this game, a class like ab and rg shouldn't be doing any significant damage at all

Balance is what a class is meant for from the roots of the game.

If someone wants glass cannon they should make a gx, don't expect otherwise if you choose any other class

#129 cauasus

cauasus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:44 AM

Ro is a game meant for different classes, and each class is focussed on a particular job

Classes like ab is a support class, with heals and tons of buff skills, why are they doing 1m+ damage?

Classes like rg are meant to tank classes

the fact is, for now ab can dish out high dps thanks to some gears. and ME has been buffed. it can dmg any race now

in theory, yes. rg should become tank. in reality, no. sura become tank. in pvm

#130 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:54 AM

the fact is, for now ab can dish out high dps thanks to some gears. and ME has been buffed. it can dmg any race now without holy element.

in theory, yes. rg can become anything. In reality, sura (mental strength, tiger cannon, flash combo, guillotine fist, rampage blast, lion's howl,etc.) & rg (sacrifice, defending aura, autoguard, overbrand, earthdrive, vanishing point, cannon spear, grandcross, genesis ray exist for these reason) can both be tank and killers in both pvm & pvp / woe environment.

Corrected :gg:

#131 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:02 AM

90% of the people here are saying things from their gut feelings alone, not using concrete examples and solid facts.

"This class should be only like this forever" and GX only has Meteor Assault as its main weapon is biggest bullsheet I have ever seen.

#132 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:08 AM

GX IS a glass-cannon. If MA nerfed, i just revert back to my CI+CRS build.
CI always had more DPS than MA, and now with EDP halving gone, CI are still more powerful BUT with more investment of course.
The investment to be crazy powerful using MA is just too low.
i play RG too, and the investment of my RG are 3-4x higher than my GX, but still my GX delete all of content easily except ET which need to add in ranged damage such as SD/Grim/CRS

from the course of discussion, it is you yourself that does not provide data/comparison/proof, the argument thrower have the burden of proof ofc.
what is your argument? balancing in WoE, PvM or both?
if you wanna talk damage and survivability, my physRK does more damage and is more tanky than my VP-CS RG with the same amount of investment, it is just restricted to melee damage.
my bowSC DPS far tops RG and is more elusive (stalk, invisibility, backslide), again with the same amount of investment

i dont mind MA being nerfed if its the way to restore player/revitalize WoE/ positive outcome for RO, but for that reason only and WP team must provide valid projection.
i have RG too and i dont mind shield ring being nerfed if its for the reason above

Iro is a free market, it is what differentiates it from any other game.

The GM's should treat any existing items equally irrespective of its in-game value, let it be a stiky mucus or megs.

Therefore,your investment argument doesnt hold water when gm intervention is concerned.

No GM's should nerf an item because it is readily available for cheap.

#133 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:09 AM

"If you nerf these shoes, you will destroy a class completely"

L m a o

#134 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:13 AM

90% of the people here are saying things from their gut feelings alone, not using concrete examples and solid facts.

"This class should be only like this forever" and GX only has Meteor Assault as its main weapon is biggest bullsheet I have ever seen.

Come down off your high horses, what other skills gx got? CRS? Ci? Are you kidding me? Those ain't even aoe.

Rc? Doing 80k per rc? With 5x5 sir? While other classes doing more than 10 times that amount at 2 times wider aoe.

Stop lying to defend your own class.

#135 junioran

junioran

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:16 AM

I wonder why even before meteor assault got reworked gx was alrdy such a popular class :thinking: perhaps because they look cool? cant possibly be because they were very strong right :o

#136 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:17 AM

Iro is a free market, it is what differentiates it from any other game.

The GM's should treat any existing items equally irrespective of its in-game value, let it be a stiky mucus or megs.

Therefore,your investment argument doesnt hold water when gm intervention is concerned.

No GM's should nerf an item because it is readily available for cheap.

I believe in keeping the cash shop equipment effects as intended when it is sold to the players, unless WP wish to reimburse the real world money cost spent by players who bought the shoes on real cash.

I believe it should be like this for all cash shop items, keeping its effect as intended according to original description.

#137 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:19 AM

I believe in keeping the cash shop equipment effects as intended when it is sold to the players, unless WP wish to reimburse the real world money cost spent by players who bought the shoes on real cash.

I believe it should be like this for all cash shop items, keeping its effect as intended according to original description.

Yes,the studio should grow a pair, and not play the ' it's a private property' card whenever it is convenient for them

#138 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:20 AM

Remember when Gene got bullied so hard that they became chefs? i wonder what will be GX after this lol

#139 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:24 AM

Remember when Gene got bullied so hard that they became chefs? i wonder what will be GX after this lol

Yes, this looks like the trend here. Some specific players with rant about about a class that they don't play or can't compete with, and GM's fanboy over them and nerf that class.
There has been no scenario that certain classes like rg has been nerfed so bad that they become paperweight. There lies the hypocrisy on part of the GM's.

In case of the gx, I doubt that kro is worked up about MA in particular, they propably is concerned about the population drop, otherwise they could have nerfed it at skill level.

So iro GM's are now playing the god here, by changing an equipment, to nerf the ma.

Edited by simca437, 25 November 2020 - 06:33 AM.

#140 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:38 AM

Come down off your high horses, what other skills gx got? CRS? Ci? Are you kidding me? Those ain't even aoe.

Rc? Doing 80k per rc? With 5x5 sir? While other classes doing more than 10 times that amount at 2 times wider aoe.

Stop lying to defend your own class.

you're such a hypocrite. why don't you read your own post again?

you want your GX to do everything and compare all other classes to it while you spew -_- like "this class should only be like this".

MA and RC clear most mobs leveling and instances quite easily already but no, you still whine about it because you want your class to be on top of everyone.

you pretend as if GX don't kill MVPs the fastest BY FAR more than any other class.

P.S. I use GX to do AOGH and kill the MVP there in 4 seconds with investment only 1/10 of what i spent for my RG and RK.

#141 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:43 AM

you're such a hypocrite. why don't you read your own post again?

you want your GX to do everything and compare all other classes to it while you spew -_- like "this class should only be like this".

MA and RC clear most mobs leveling and instances quite easily already but no, you still whine about it because you want your class to be on top of everyone.

you pretend as if GX don't kill MVPs the fastest BY FAR more than any other class.

P.S. I use GX to do AOGH and kill the MVP there in 4 seconds with investment only 1/10 of what i spent for my RG and RK.

What are you smoking? I want gx to have everything? GX have no reduce and that is what the gx class is meant to be, a glass canon, it has only damage.

Don't try to put words in my mouth and try to manipulate.

Regarding the investment, it is an open market, GM's shouldn't intervene because some items are cheaper than others.

#142 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:47 AM

Yes, this looks like the trend here. Some specific players with rant about about a class that they don't play or can't compete with, and GM's fanboy over them and nerf that class.
There has been no scenario that certain classes like rg has been nerfed so bad that they become paperweight. There lies the hypocrisy on part of the GM's.

RG Reflect Damage in the past used to be god tier, until kRO do skill balancing update :ani_swt3:

Everyone just moved on with it, adapting to the changes.

So when studio buff specific class skill (GX MA for this case), just move on with it because the patch intention are to modify the skill itself not the cash shop items that affecting it :Emo_16: :Emo_12:

#143 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:48 AM

What are you smoking? I want gx to have everything? GX have no reduce and that is what the gx class is meant to be, a glass canon, it has only damage.

Don't try to put words in my mouth and try to manipulate.

Regarding the investment, it is an open market, GM's shouldn't intervene because some items are cheaper than others.

you clearly don't know what you say and you continue to avoid the points i've argued with you about.
continue being oblivious and being locked into what you you think what classes should be and doing.
you don't even play RG and invested in the class' gears and you talk like you know everything about it.

i play GX RG RK PvM, PvP and WOE and you don't.

i'm done talking to you. you're a hopeless case.

#144 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:49 AM

1. The item itself is extremely powerful compared to all other items of a similar tier. Whole conversations regarding newer items center around comparing themselves to the power of the enforcer shoes. This shows that the item is now extremely out of line compared to the rest of the top tier items on the server.
2. The item was originally introduced in 2017. Back then the damage bonus was plugged into the skill formula differently. The item has always worked. The problem is the skill formula changed and now the item's outcome is extremely out of line of its original intended outcome.
3. If we found another item to be so out of line with other items we would review it as well. For example we have taken this path with items like the Cylinder Hairband where it did not provide anywhere near the intended bonus, and later with the same item when its bonus due to a formula change suddenly became massive we changed the effect again.

We are declining to sell the item because we are reviewing its effects to bring it in line with other OCP items, we always provide a long notice period about pending changes like this so that players are aware of what is coming. Will it still be a strong item? Yes. Have we announced the intended nerf? No, because we are in talks with the studio about what needs to be changed to bring it in line with other strong gears on the server. As a policy I will not knowingly sell an item if I believe that I may be changing the items effects in the future.

As a note I am happy to discuss why were moving in directions on things like this. But as previously said all decisions are made by my team and I. The responsibility for those decisions land solely on us. We gather feedback from many users about what is going on in the server. Do not cast blame on community members for the directions we take.

Literally, crybabies gonna ignore what Camp said. Delicious tears can't provide solid proof or data to the team. No class can do crazy damages like GX.

Stop kidding to yourself. If you wanna be strong, better put some effort to enjoy your achievement. Other than that, this is a game. Time to chill lax your e-ego and get off your high horse. Such a sore loser mentality crybabies here have.

@AwesomeGeek, damn ... good luck. Should I help you or should I not? Defend Shield ring or support Shield ring neef will end up making people cry regardless xD

#145 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:53 AM

Gen is still comparatively strong in PvM, still one of top tier PvM classes

#146 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:54 AM

you clearly don't know what you say and you continue to avoid the points i've argued with you about.
continue being oblivious and being locked into what you you think what classes should be and doing.
you don't even play RG and invested in the class' gears and you talk like you know everything about it.

i play GX RG RK PvM, PvP and WOE and you don't.

i'm done talking to you. you're a hopeless case.

This ' I know all' and "other people's opinions are irrelevant" attitude is what makes GM's to listen to only a few group of people like you! Manipulative at its best as GM's have very limited knowledge about the stuff in game

#147 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:58 AM

Literally, crybabies gonna ignore what Camp said. Delicious tears can't provide solid proof or data to the team. No class can do crazy damages like GX.

Stop kidding to yourself. If you wanna be strong, better put some effort to enjoy your achievement. Other than that, this is a game. Time to chill lax your e-ego and get off your high horse. Such a sore loser mentality crybabies here have.

@AwesomeGeek, damn ... good luck. Should I help you or should I not? Defend Shield ring or support Shield ring neef will end up making people cry regardless xD

You non-constructive replies in all the thread shows you don't care about 'ACTUAL BALANCE', you only care about manipulating the situation to to nerf all other classes that you cant beat so you can stay on your high horse.

#148 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:02 AM

You non-constructive replies in all the thread shows you don't care about 'ACTUAL BALANCE', you only care about manipulating the situation to to nerf all other classes that you cant beat so you can stay on your high horse.

Not only MA has deleted contents and future updates, it literally deleted people common sense to become zombies.

MA aint broken. GX is weak!
Meanwhile, easy to assume that more than 69% of active PvM payers use GX to do instances.

Meanwhile, an average GX kills Nightmare Amdarais leas than 5 second or before it activates Reflect. Note, this was theorized to be impossible but that was because some people didn't know how to play GX.

Meamwhile, GX probably use less than 3x less investment to gear up and still do 10x more damages compared to other classes relatively.

Keep crying but can't provide proof. Seem like you're the one who have to get off your high horse rolf

Thats just an accusation. I keep dying to No-delay RGs but I dont want Shield ring to be nerfed because it's only broke when people use cheats to abuse it. Legit RGs, with 2 Shield rings, dont even do obnoxiously high damage hahaha. So nope, you're the only bised crybaby here xD

Edited by ChakriGuard, 25 November 2020 - 07:08 AM.

#149 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:09 AM

Some ppl didn't realized that GX can do 200k+ with bare hands and wearing the shoes and still think that's fine lol

#150 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:10 AM

only MA has deleted contents and future updates, it literally deleted people common sense to become zombies.

Meanwhile, easy to assume that more than 69% of active PvM payers use GX to do instances.

Meanwhile, an average GX kills Nightmare Amdarais leas than 5 second or before it activates Reflect. Note, this was theorized to be impossible but that was because some people didn't know how to possible the game.

Mwamwhile, GX probably use less than 3x less investment to gear up and still do 10x more damages compared to other classes relatively.

Keep crying but can't provide proof. Seem like you're the one who have to get off your high horse rolf

I never said in my comments that MA doesn't do good damage.

GX being a glass canon class should be doing the best damage, what you want? A glass canon class with -_-ty damage?

Where as a tank and support class is doing millions of dps, but there is no problem with that right?

According to you, a class like gx whose main point is to only deal damage should do crappy damage, and a class whose main purpose is tank or support to do more damage than gx?

As I stated before, you only care about your own class, and you want the most damage title and best survivability title for you own class.

Go lie to some kid, not me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users