Item Mall Changes - Page 6 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 12 votes

Item Mall Changes

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#126 Celestia

Celestia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

Me and Rion are already pretty much quitting this game. There is like no content update, and if there is one, it's always delayed or something. And the IM thing is kind of annoying, and what Reikaaa pointed out is true.

AT LEAST THQ HAD EVENTS QQ

NO VALENTINE'S DAY EVENT

EDIT: WAIT OUR EVENT IS ITEM MALL CHANGES

Edited by Celestia, 07 February 2011 - 11:03 PM.

#127 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

I havent seen insurance for less then 15g in two weeks, so Im confused on WHY this measure had to be taken!

#128 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

the problem is not that gold seller get in-game gold by selling IM stuff. the problem is that you guys by selling IM at a ratio of 1:1 will make IM to be more expensive compared to the price that gold sellers are selling. therefore people prefer to buy from gold seller then buy IM stuff of market. (the idea is to make the people that are buying from gold sellers to use their money on WP and not on gold sellers)

PS: can we still use the gift option?

So only buy from high level people and friends. Don't buy from low level people with weird names and low prices, unless you want to have a hammer brought down on your head. Seems like the idea would work to me.

#129 Wobinar

Wobinar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

gogo Tibia hahahahahaa

lol that game is hard, no reviving, loss of complete levels, open pvp, so I you lagg n die bye bye exp/lvl or possibly pieces of your set + bag wt all pots,goodies n stuff QQ

#130 ThePinkReaper

ThePinkReaper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:24 PM

So this basically destroys any new players ability to actually play endgame and thus destroys any reason they'd have to do so. VC and from what I hear Drakos and the Ice Continent are hugely dependent on having very powerful weapons and those cant be crafted without insurance scrolls, not to mention the huge amounts of damage you can take from certain bosses if you're not adequately buffed on defenses(though admittedly its pretty much just Vargo, Vindictive Headless Knight and BD) Lord Knows I still roll occasional triple digit hits on BD with my +11 special Heirloom Loak, what chance do kids using +5 advanced lvl 61 weapons have? By doing this you've effectively made DS a cash dependent game, you either pay or you're too underequipped to actually play.

#131 mimodi

mimodi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

hmm wouldnt it just be better if ther was a click BUTTON option in the item mall to buy *consumable* stuff with GOLD too...since if u really do play u have more golds....>.>
and selling cash for gold is allowed in the MARKET....i would be happy to use gold to buy insurance scroll n randomzier..n cash point for my home stuff n cash clothings.....

1.gold player and cash play can still have the option to buy it(under the control of the game making it more safe)
2.so sever doesnt have so much golds..~_~ there really nothing to buy if u play so long...beside wanting to enchate ur gear
3.NOT havin to worry about buying from hacker(are even other player *if that worry gravity too*)

*so that randomizer and insurance scroll for controll by the game for both cash/gold player*
because ppl are still goin to want to buy it....even if it not allow...and get scammer..n Q-Q to warpportal.

Edited by mimodi, 08 February 2011 - 01:12 AM.

#132 viciousx

viciousx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:28 PM

GM listen to the community maybe there is a better way for solving this issue,
I have an idea from preventing Gold Miner interrupting the game economy. Make the IM tem tradable in person to person. And unsellable on market. Thus the Gold Miner will not able to sell the Black Item on market at large bundle. If they were going to sell them they have to do person to person trading. And community will immediate report them for illegal transaction.

If the Item become Account bound now then many play who areadly bought a lot of black IM will be far more adavanced from those who donâ??tâ?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦. itâ??s just not fair to the community.so let the market decide, let us player decide a balance system. Please implants a different method

#133 blackvampiremax

blackvampiremax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

Warp portal! This is a really bad idea! I love this game, but you are ruining it for everyone. We just started seeing new players get interested in dragon saga (many of which are attracted to this free to play system); by making this change, it'll make it impossible for them to enjoy this game without spending money, and you will lose many of them. Complaints are already everywhere about the delaying updates again and again, this will be the final straw that will break the backs of many people.

Think about what you are about to do carefully! Don't be rash and rush into a decision. It's not too late to back away from this update. Because once you lose your players its hard to get them back!

#134 samxslam

samxslam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

Warp portal! This is a really bad idea! I love this game, but you are ruining it for everyone. We just started seeing new players get interested in dragon saga (many of which are attracted to this free to play system); by making this change, it'll make it impossible for them to enjoy this game without spending money, and you will lose many of them. Complaints are already everywhere about the delaying updates again and again, this will be the final straw that will break the backs of many people.

Think about what you are about to do carefully! Don't be rash and rush into a decision. It's not too late to back away from this update. Because once you lose your players its hard to get them back!

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THIS. MANY NEW PLAYERS ARE DOING FINE AS IT IS. WITH THIS CHANGE MANY PLAYERS WILL QUIT FOR SURE.

#135 Jozito

Jozito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro , Brasil

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:14 AM

31 knight, loll.

107 knight gogogo refugia huahauhau

#136 Mikay

Mikay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

lol... so instead of finding alternatives to punish the gold sellers, the best option is to punish everyone along
with them??? And what is stopping those gold sellers from quickly selling all their items now at a low price???
This seems like a blatant move to force players to buy those mentioned items with real money instead having the ability
to purchase them with gold, and simply using the gold sellers as an excuse. Maybe I'm over thinking this, but srsly this
is ludicrous.

#137 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

what a waste of a great game. i'm sure many people will quit because of this, leaving their blood, sweat, and tears behind. there's no point in even playing this game when there's no purpose for leveling, or farming for gold. no longer will 10 hours of css/cof for gold benefit a player's advancement, since the most important cash items are consumables. well cash-users, have fun pvping (let me know how it's like).

#138 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:33 AM

Oh yeah, that makes so much sense. I thought you were done; why are you still here gracing us with your presence? You should really take your own advice instead of blindly accusing others.

Someone doesnt understand irony; and once again a HUGE reading comprehension error Yurai (I bet your english teachers were so proud of you). I quit the game, not the forums, they'll fix it, and if they dont, I'll always be around just to be a thorn in your side. Im pretty sure thats 2 errors in a week, someone needs to stop skimming and start reading.

#139 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:35 AM

wouldn't the best and easiest solution be just to set an active in game GM in PoW ch.3 and ban the seller whenever he/she appears?

Edited by StormHaven, 08 February 2011 - 02:35 AM.

#140 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:38 AM

No because this is way more reasonable ofc

#141 shadowkun

shadowkun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:52 AM

Honestly this game is getting worse and worse.

#142 DragMaster

DragMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:28 AM

With this week's patch, all consumable items in the Item Mall (Potions, insurance, scrolls, etc) will become account bound. Characters will not be able to trade with other players.

This will affect all currently owned Item Mall Consumables, as well as new ones purchased after this patch.

We understand this change is very sudden, however, this is currently the best solution to prevent fraudulent activity caused by GoldSelling websites. Which in turn would cause us to have to raise prices of Item Mall items and points.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

What if you made insurance scrolls sellable by npc's? I'm fine with all the other consumables being soulbounded but insurance scrolls play just too big of a role in this game....Just make it sellable by npc and untradeable

#143 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:31 AM

I'm still a newbie player that only needs feathers from IM but

How are the other Dragon Saga's IM different? (I assume they are the same as before this update)
This seems like the same as most free2p MMORPG IMs.

If the problem is chinese scammers then nothing you do will really stop them but slow them so they don't burn down the game publisher
General cycle of chinese scammers is
Buy WPE using mass produced credit cards or stolen credit cards
Sell in game product + Sell in game currency
Chargeback WPE or stolen credit card discovered by CC company
Credit Card company issues fraud and issues a penalty to the game publisher = no revenue or losses for game publisher

#144 Jozito

Jozito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro , Brasil

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:43 AM

How are the other Dragon Saga's IM different? (I assume they are the same as before this update)

If the problem is chinese scammers then nothing you do will really stop them but slow them so they don't burn down the game publisher
Credit Card company issues fraud and issues a penalty to the game publisher = no revenue or losses for game publisher

they will stop the scammers doing this...cuz evrebody will rage quit huahuahuahua

#145 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:19 AM

I can't say for gPotato, but IAH has it the same way, but worse. Basically you can't trade consumables off the item mall...but you can sell normal items on the market for cash shop points...which is horrid. Basically it makes gold farming next to pointless unless you need gold for npc fees...just about everything is sold in cash shop points.

There was a reason I loved our version and it's just for the fact that it didn't resemble the hundreds of other "free" mmos out there. Til now, the insurance and randomizer prices were completely reasonable, and I was able to make this (pictured below) without spending any money on the cash shop, minus the recipe, which I could have easily bought off the market if I didn't have points at the time.

Posted Image

This weapon was only made possible for me because of the way our market worked. I was even able to randomize it's option through buying randomizers off the market from other people. I've even been continuing to improve it, or attempt at least, as I'm still soul crafting it whenever I have enough gold and soul on me to try...but now I can't do that unless I get my hands on a cash card, which I can't most of the time. So not only is my weapon stuck like this until I get more item mall points, but no one will ever be able to do anything like this.

gg, warp portal =/

Edited by Akihiro, 08 February 2011 - 07:21 AM.

#146 bwsnoopy

bwsnoopy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:23 AM

please, do not use the term "chinese scammers". i find it extremely racist.

as said many many many times, its ur own risk if u decide to buy ingame money with CC info handed to unknown person. to anyone that actualy got scammed by that "ch3 spammer": suck it up(hardndry), cry me a river, n sux2BU. u r a fool to even trust that MoFer. if u wanna spend money, mind as well as buy IM n sell it up legitly.

@WP:
making those items unsellable will NOT stop gold sellers, as said in one post, we have gold sellers(YES MORE THAN 1) back on THQ. HOW? u might ask? Gift4Gold4EZscam npnp
in the end, the change will strike the company as hard as it would to players. you lose players AND income while we just rage n move on. fair trade?

#147 shadowkun

shadowkun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:20 AM

Actually, your statement was quite ambiguous and could be interpreted either way. It's more that your communication skills are lacking, not my comprehension skills.

--______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________--"

Booo!! Shoooo yurai! shoooooo!

#148 reallycalmer

reallycalmer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:09 AM

NOT implementing this change and figuring out another way to deal with those sites would be a much better alternative to losing players and damaging the trust players have in the management of Dragon Saga. Even if I can easily spend cash on item mall consumeables, why would I when the player base, including my friends I play with now, are quitting left and right due to this issue.

Obtaining an awesome item in game is more fun and empowering when the player realizes it can convert to IM points through trade.

For all those reasons and more, this change would be a huge downer.

I played THQ's Dragonica for over a year. One of the key issue that outraged and drove many players away was THQ NOT listening to the wishes of its players. It's like the customer is NEVER right.

#149 SangAsura

SangAsura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:21 AM

Switching over to IAH's system would fix the problems.

But won't that makes their arguments ol gold spammer invalid. Because the gold spammers can just sell item then and gain IM points. Or am I wrong?

#150 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:45 AM

I believe the issue at hand are the gold sellers that have found ways to illegitimately obtain IM points and quickly selling that for massive amounts of gold. Ever seen the THOUSANDS of insurances at 8-10g each on market sold by various users with a Chinese IGN? It's more than obvious that they are conducting some kind of fraudulent activity. It's quite infuriating that Gravity has elected to block IM selling in general instead of blocking whatever exploit these sites are using.

This right here is one of the major reasons for this implementation. Gold selling site using ill-gotten credit cards and flooding the market with cheap good (affecting the market negatively) then turning around and selling the gold obtained from all the sales for real cash. Once that is done, the cards are charged back and WE have to cover that fee. That means our sales number are going into the negatives. If the current trend continues with the sales we would have 2 options, shutting down forever due to lack of sales or nearly doubling the prices of item Mall items to stay a float.

We know we cannot completely stop gold selling websites with this move but it indeed is a way to slow them down, and not have the community paying for it by raising item mall prices.

Trade Scammers can be dealt with, and to be honest its not safe to trade with folks you don't know. You always run the risk of getting scammed, best advice is to ask your friends for help with this.

We can deal with scammers, but when it comes to blatant creditcard fraud, chargebacks, and then selling the gold for RMT. By the time these accounts are found we've already incurred the cost, items are already in the economy and gold has been sold.

We did not do this to cause harm to the community but if we do not take some kind of action, Dragon Saga maybe closing its doors forever. That's something neither I and I'm sure the rest of you would agree, do not want to happen.

I'm open for suggestions and ideas, and I'll be more than happy to submit them to my superiors. This is definitely a very serious issue, and judging by your reaction you can understand the frustration. We will be keeping an eye on this situation and will likely address it again when better measures for preventing fraud are put into place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users