Fire Guardian/Water Guardian Change Discussion - Page 7 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Fire Guardian/Water Guardian Change Discussion

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#151 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

I'd just like to say that the compensation for the Water Guardian/Vries and Fire Guardian/Immolain Sets are absolutely ridiculous. I mean, yes I know there were no stats back in THQ*ICE. Because I did waste 25$ of my money to get the sets, so I understand it would go back how it used to be. But for those who joined once WarpPortal took over worked hard, grinded for gold, and spent countless hours, I repeat, COUNTLESS HOURS, getting enough gold to buy these pieces. And now they just want to take all of that hard work by us, the players away? I do not think a W-Coin and 2 Soul Boxes are nearly enough to even out the work that people put into getting the Guardian Pieces. It could have been nice if WarpPortal had told us way ahead of time, they knew that the pieces had those set effects and they waited until now to tell us that all of it was a bug. That just irritates me, I have talked to many people around Dragon Saga. All of them are on the verge of quitting because all of their work and IM were dumped into enchanting or soul crafting the Water or Fire Sets. I honestly didn't see anyone complain about the balance issues between the people who had WG and FG, and the people who didn't. If you do this at least give us a better compensation, maybe a full trade so everyone who had Water Guardian or Fire Guardian could trade them in for an Angel Set with the same soulcraft options and enchant stats? Well that's what I have to say lol. I'm speaking for many people, not just myself. So if you are going to flame me, shut up lol.

Trying to compare the WG and FG pieces to a W-Coin and 2 Soul Stacks is like trading in Windows 7 for Windows 98. It just doesn't seem right.

/rant done kthanksbye.

Fixed.

Also Suggestion: Instead of THQ's original stats, make them equal to Angel/Devil set. The gold/IM spent to get them the way everyone has them now is WAYY more than what your giving to them.

Spending over 10,000 gold which equals weeks of grinding + getting the pieces spec/arti/legend and high enchanted = Maybe 21 W-coins, 7 soul stacks, like 50-100 insurance scrolls, and maybe 15 randomizers as compensation for the whole set.

#152 Sapere

Sapere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

Fixed your metaphor for you.

If you guys want to be mad at someone, be mad at the developers.

I'll agree with this if the guy behind the counter knew he would have to wipe off the bbq sauce when he sold it to me and sold it to me anyways. And also, if the french fries were like a small fry some toddler spilled ice cream all over.

#153 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

I think most are mad with the developers but why should that stop us from voicing the issue here?

Hastur said it himself he's just the messenger so this thread is for us to send our own message.

I for one am doing it by trying to hurt both gravities (US and KO) by taking their profit away

I was all set to buy 10k IM from warp just before the announcement was made and because of the announcement I decided not to make that payment and I urge anyone else that doesn't like the idea of being randomly hit with a nerf with no warning to do the same.

Well look at you, mister big-pants revolutionary. I seriously doubt you're going to lead some kind of boycott against IM, and if you DID manage to scrounge together a bunch of children who share your idea, I SERIOUSLY doubt it would matter.

Get over yourself.

Back on topic, I feel like swapping for Angel/Devil/Paris sets would be a good solution. Making them identical to said sets would probably be a better alternative, but that would most likely require talking to the dev's about it. Again though, just being presumptuous.

I'll agree with this if the guy behind the counter knew he would have to wipe off the bbq sauce when he sold it to me and sold it to me anyways.

Personally, I'm under the opinion that the guy behind the counter had no clue (which is speculation on my part). Of course, I like the guy behind the counter. I think he's a decent guy just trying to make a living.

Edited by zabmaru, 25 August 2011 - 04:24 PM.

#154 Tiamatria

Tiamatria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

Fixed.

Also Suggestion: Instead of THQ's original stats, make them equal to Angel/Devil set. The gold/IM spent to get them the way everyone has them now is WAYY more than what your giving to them.

Spending over 10,000 gold which equals weeks of grinding + getting the pieces spec/arti/legend and high enchanted = Maybe 21 W-coins, 7 soul stacks, like 50-100 insurance scrolls, and maybe 15 randomizers as compensation for the whole set.

Sorry if there were some grammatical errors, still pissed off about it. I'd say either a full swap out for Angel Set, but with some extra stuff that come with it like randomizers, souls, Insurance, Armor Powders, and stuff like that. So you would be able to get back the stats you had on the WG and FG on your new sets with the compensation. If that makes any sense.

#155 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

At least people have seemed to calm down a little.

#156 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

People get calmed cause we think warpportal is working hard on a solution, hope for a rage quit of half of the people if they remove guardian bonus giving us 1 w coin and 2 soul stacks

#157 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

People get calmed cause we think warpportal is working hard on a solution, hope for a rage quit of half of the people if they remove guardian bonus giving us 1 w coin and 2 soul stacks

I would say "Yay, I won't have to look at as many dumb people on the forums anymore!" but we all know that people who quit stay on the forums. Why, I have no idea.

#158 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

Aramis told us us that even they had no idea that there was any changes to the fire and water guardian sets after since THQ.

While I am still a little sore about the loss of the bonuses (mainly due to loss of 40% movement speed), I won't tolerate the theory that WP is just trying to generate sales of the new IM sets.

#159 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

Sorry if there were some grammatical errors, still pissed off about it. I'd say either a full swap out for Angel Set, but with some extra stuff that come with it like randomizers, souls, Insurance, Armor Powders, and stuff like that. So you would be able to get back the stats you had on the WG and FG on your new sets with the compensation. If that makes any sense.

Naa just changed it to Windows 98 which was the true fail of Windows. Didn't see any grammar errors.

Also that's what I mean. What's truely needed to compensate for FG/WG is wayy too much. Like what $100+ worth of IM is speculated to be needed which is wayy too much for them to give.

#160 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

Naa just changed it to Windows 98 which was the true fail of Windows. Didn't see any grammar errors.

Also that's what I mean. What's truely needed to compensate for FG/WG is wayy too much. Like what $100+ worth of IM is speculated to be needed which is wayy too much for them to give.

Windows ME.

#161 Tiamatria

Tiamatria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

Windows 1.0 is the first windows ever, but Windows 98 does suck.

Back to the topic, they wouldn't need to cover all of it but maybe just some. Lets say I trade FG Wings, I'd get Angel Wings Clean, 100 Insurance, 50 randomizers, 3 soul boxes, a stack of armor powder for each piece would make me perfectly happy.

#162 DarkShelly

DarkShelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Server:Y do u wana know :P

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

Back to the topic, they wouldn't need to cover all of it but maybe just some. Lets say I trade FG Wings, I'd get Angel Wings Clean, 100 Insurance, 50 randomizers, 3 soul boxes, a stack of armor powder for each piece would make me perfectly happy.

i kinda got to admit, that would b nice but a bit too much, it would b nice to get a set part from another set with the same soul craft options and enchantments as the one u traded in or atleast just a clean item :P

#163 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

i kinda got to admit, that would b nice but a bit too much, it would b nice to get a set part from another set with the same soul craft options and enchantments as the one u traded in or atleast just a clean item :P

Don't really agree with you there, it doesn't seem like overkill to me a all considering we need to re sc and it would now be soulbound so any of us that have multiple mains would have to shell out a hell of a lot of money for a new set.

#164 Nhat

Nhat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:51 PM

yes that compesation would make a lot of people happy but i doubt that warpportal will give 3k+ im worth of insurance and randomizer per piece because there's people with over 10 pieces and that would mean giving away almost 30k im to that person. So considering the amount of guardian pieces there are in the game, i doubt that type of compensation will happen because it would cause warpportal to lose a lot of money.

Edited by Nhat, 25 August 2011 - 05:51 PM.

#165 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

Aramis told us us that even they had no idea that there was any changes to the fire and water guardian sets after since THQ.

While I am still a little sore about the loss of the bonuses (mainly due to loss of 40% movement speed), I won't tolerate the theory that WP is just trying to generate sales of the new IM sets.

We were not aware, that is why it got out of hand in the first place and allowed the minority of users that had it, set prices and limitations. This bug was not brought up until a few months after the fact. We cannot say that we expected users to report it. Especially when a gap was created when we brought in older users and new users had not known much about the Guardian Sets. Therefore, additional time was spent investigating the item itself.

#166 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

Posted Image

Edit: OK jesus what is it, the 701?

Edited by Miname, 25 August 2011 - 06:39 PM.

#167 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

No I meant to refer to what you were saying, but I forgot to include that note in the actual response.

#168 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:20 PM

No I meant to refer to what you were saying, but I forgot to include that note in the actual response.

Oh I'm sorry, Ill delete my response!!

#169 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

The new compensation is better. In total gold value it adds a minimum of 8000-10000g. If your lucky in mix-board possibly even more.

#170 Buckcherry

Buckcherry

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

We ve to start to accept this, cause they gonna nerf guardian set anyway. If u think about it.. its the right thing to do..the set its really op comparing with the others im sets.. now the REAL PROBLEM here right now its the compensation.. 2 soul stacks and 1 wcoin??? u serius???? its a joke????? cmonnnn.

#171 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

that's no longer the compensation

(2) W-Coin, (8) Soul Box (contains 999souls), and (2) 50g Pouches per piece owned.

No Turnin, You keep the gear and get that.

#172 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

what happen if I have two fg bottom or two wg helmet?

#173 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

that's no longer the compensation

(2) W-Coin, (8) Soul Box (contains 999souls), and (2) 50g Pouches per piece owned.

No Turnin, You keep the gear and get that.

Which means if you sell all in market and use the W-coins correctly regarding my previous post:

8 Soul box x 7 pieces = 56 soul boxes = 55944 souls (Up yours Julie!) x 120g per soul stack = 6720g
2 50g pouches x 7 pieces = 14 pouches = 700g
2 W-Coins x 7 Pieces = 14 W-coins = 14 200g-600g Cash equips = 2800g-8400g
14 cash equips = A good number of Mix-Board attempts for even more valuable cash equips.

Assuming you get a good deal selling this stuff. It aint the gold value of a full set but a good compensation.

#174 Tiamatria

Tiamatria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

I still think that the compensation isn't enough. I still think a choice between an Angel or Devil Set is in order, un-soulbound. No need for all that extra mumbo jumbo.

#175 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

I'm just waiting for the price of souls to crash. Seriously, if everybody gets that many souls and they ALL try to cash in, what do you think will happen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users