Issue: I was previously playing the game before 09/02. I was patching and reached 99%, but it failed to patch. When I tried to patch again, it didn't recognize the patch and let me login. After I selected the channel, my client crashed.
Fix: Since you could not complete the patching, you are missing files. Once the game tries to find those files or tries to activate it, it crashes the game. To solve this, go to C:\Program Files\Gravity\Dragon Saga and find the file called "patch.id". Delete "patch.id" and then run(double click) "Patcher.exe". This will tell the client to re-download your patches. It may take some time for it to set up the Client list. This should also fix any corrupted files as it will run through and try to get all the appropriate files.
Issue: I tried to start my client, but I received a Runtime error.
Fix: Runtime errors occur for several reasons. The most predominant one is the fact that something may be memory intensive. This causes the client to crash and provide a run time error. There are several things you can do.
A. You can reduce the number of excess programs running. Turn off browsers, other games, videos, and anything else that is not important to run. Try running the client after these have been turned down.
B. Try the methods provided here: Runtime Error Help
Issue: I have started the patcher, but the progress bar/rate has not been moving.
Fix: Several things may be hindering this.
A.Since there are typically new files involved with most games for updates, the PC may not be recognizing the files. You can...
- Try checking the firewall, anti-virus, malware, and spyware programs to ensure that they do not see anything Dragon Saga related as a threat.
- If you must, disable them temporarily to see if there is any progress.
Run a tracert report to see if there are any lines with a (*) in them. This represents some form of misconnection or instability. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Close all programs (very important for the accuracy of your results)
- Open up a command prompt window (start/programs/accessories/command prompt)
- Type: "tracert iro.ragnarokonline.com" (without the quotes)
- Hit the enter key and let the trace run until it displays triple * symbols multiple times in a row. Then, press control-C.
- Right-click in the window, and choose mark. Then, highlight the entire window contents with the mouse. Press control-C, open an instance of notepad, and paste it there. At the top of this file, please write the current date and time, including the time zone in which you reside.
C. Making sure that your ports have been set to be open for proper connection and download. The ports can be found here: Client/Connection Issues
Issue: My client continually crashes, I get bugged out at the character select screen, or I tried re-patching, but it is not working.
Fix: It is possible that your installation is corrupted. If this is the case, you should do a clean re-installation. In order to do a clean installation, please follow the steps below:
Uninstall Dragon Saga by pressing the Start or Window icon in the bottom left of your screen. Go to Programs>Dragon Saga>Uninstall. Do not delete the client as that leaves potential registry files that can cause the client to remain corrupted after installing a new client.
Delete or remove all files that are Dragon Saga related. These files could be the reason why the client is corrupt.
Download a new installer either on the Dragon Saga Website or the Alternative Installer Download. A new installer should be added early next week with the New Origins on it.
You may also download the alternative client that is closest to New Origins, however, please follow the steps carefully in the thread here: Alternative Client v.0.1.46
If any other issues may be occurring, please check the pinned topics in the Technical Support Section before posting.