#51 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

WE ALREADY A LEVEL RESTRICTION FROM THE SPOOKY MACHINE NO? TO PREVENT ABUSE? THEN MAKE A LEVEL RESTRICTION FOR SPARE CARD AND SAINT PATRICK HATtttt!!!asdasdqwe!"·!"· >______________>

:dunno: :) ;) ;)

can u stop typing LIKE THIS its kinda ANOYING?

#52 Sheckley

Sheckley

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationiRO Valk

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

I don't see the reason for making the hats account binding, because the bots have them already on the chars so this should be not change.

I see the nec in making something against the botters, but you stop again a methode to make money for real people also :dunno:

The botters will just bot more at alligators, so go and hunt them there pls!

Conclusion: It is ok to fight against the bots but on the long term you should find another way to kill them.

#53 s0rrow

s0rrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

making the hat account bound and increasing ale weight, add reuse delay and chaos chance should be enough to deal with them.

#54 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

yep. leave it as it is until balance patch hits. or at least make slims...more useful. slims healing 2-3k while you get hit with a skill that does 15-30k per second is like going bungee jumping without a rope.

#55 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

I'm uncertain of the result for making it account bound and then re-releasing them. Once they come into season again, wouldn't the stockade be back on market? I realize the intention is to nail networks. But, I can only surmise what will occur due to witnessing a consistent problem. The heart of the issue also isn't just one specific item.

o_O

Though, for your topic: Maybe having Ales as a less viable resource will be the best option? Since, never before have they been so accessible as they are now. Aside from increasing their weight, any effect that would make them not so desirable would be practical?

#56 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

I feel like you shouldn't implement these changes to ales, not until after balance anyway. It isn't true that the guild who pots the most ales wins. Just look at WoE today, a bunch of average guilds came together to put up a fight against the best guild. All of us are used to a certain play style right now with the current skills, equipment, and consumables available to us.

With the balance changes coming soon anyway, I propose you release the green ale changes then so us players can adjust to the new skill effects and a new potting system at the same time.

#57 epikhigh

epikhigh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

what will also happen if you decides to make them 25 weight, and a mechanic/mastersmith approximately have 2700 ales that weights 8100 currently (100 weight less in cart),multiply 2700x25=67,500 weight. You'll have a mechanic/mastersmith spamming high damage high speed cart ram lol didn't include megs and such

#58 Sareki

Sareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

delete all st pat hat and increase green ale weight. simple

#59 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

OK IM WRONG WITH LEVEL RESTRICTION BECOUSE ITS UNFAIR TO NEW PLAYERS, THEN REMOVE LEVEL RESTRICTION ON ALL QUEST AND WEAPONS IN-GAME NO? TO MAKE IT "FAIR"

#60 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

so U agree with my post then?

obviously yea, they're beating around the bush. The real issue here is the white pots and blues. The blues we already pay for as a kafra shop item[lol], the amount of whites we need to use to pot up isnt not balanced out properly with renewal.

kRO doesn't know how to balance RO properly. They should have had all of this ironed out from the get-go...

#61 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Classic

3. Disable the St Patricks Hat

If you're really against it being the main pot, then this would really do good.

#62 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Making the hats account bound will EVENTUALLY weed out the bots because people will report them and they will get banned. And if you remove the "bad" warps that people have and force the ale botters to bot out in the open, they will eventually get caught as well.

Yes, if they made the hats account bound, they probably won't see a drop in the amount that ales are farmed for a week after. But after people slowly report the bots that are wearing the hats, the hats will be lost forever.

It'll fix itself. The only option people would have then would be to bot on the accounts that have ale hats. But they'll eventually get caught. And that hat will be gone as well.

And the legit players and farmers can keep their income. Ales drop slow when they are farmed legally.

#63 s0rrow

s0rrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

^ this

if people are mad at ale farming bots then report them. besides, as some people have stated, i'm pretty certain that st. pat/spare bots are player owned.

#64 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

I'm uncertain of the result for making it account bound and then re-releasing them. Once they come into season again, wouldn't the stockade be back on market? I realize the intention is to nail networks. But, I can only surmise what will occur due to witnessing a consistent problem. The heart of the issue also isn't just one specific item.

Simple. Don't re-release them. Worked fine for sunnies back in the day. And it worked fine for Spare Cards until they made them obtainable again.

And with them being account bound, they'll eventually disappear as time goes on. Just like Slotted Sunnies.

Older players will never have an "advantage" over newer players for having an unobtainable hat. Most of the box hats are this way. If you were around for the hat, you got it. If you weren't, you don't.

Edited by Lambor, 01 November 2011 - 05:43 PM.

#65 Chicboy

Chicboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

THIS TRHEAD IS TROLL BAIT AND WORKING AS INTENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHA. I feel bad for the guild suppliers stocking up on ales for guild supply, but whatever. I chose OPTION #5!! and remove YGG SEED DROP FROM GATORS!!!!! BHUYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HEAD SHOT!!!!

#66 lostmike

lostmike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

Would it be possible to make an npc that takes in ranked condensed whites and lets you exchange for something like korean rice cakes?

I think the reason why ales are so popular (as stated by other people) is that there were no new potted items added when renewal came around. Pre-renewal people were happy with whites/mastellas where your max hp was around 10-15k? Now the average max hp is around triple that or more.

I don't agree with account bound, since some guilds/people won't be able to trade members supplies for woe that are in guild storage.

#67 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

i kinda like the changes, ales are indeed op (50% hp/sp+ spammable+ 3 weight = problem)but we really need some new updated white pot to keep up with the insane damage... just not something as extreme as ales.

#68 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

heim doesnt realize that slims heal for crap in comparison to damage in woe

#69 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

But I REALLY feel like now is not the time, but after balance is.

Cause with storm blasts doing 30k damage a pop, it's ridiculous to remove ales now.

#70 Sephiroth301

Sephiroth301

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

Better not nerf my hat one of my few good items... make it account bound and lvl restrict it to 120+ put a cooldown like heal for WOE and leave it spamable out of WOE keep the item sellable PLEASE the few Mil i make a week will stop =( Q_Q

#71 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

heim wants us to use novice pots for woe.

#72 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

slims heals like 1.8k-2k at 100 vit without regen pot. pre-re wise, that was great, it heals around 10% of max hp to average classes. people were able to cope with that.

now slims hasn't changed. people are getting 40-60k max hp instead of pre-re 10-25k hp. slims are so hard to use in high lvl woe because you take so much more damage that when you start potting slims, chances are you won't even get to pot more than 5 of them since it heals so less and you'll just die.

we need an item that are similar to korean rice cake, it heals 10% of max hp. do that first before even getting on to ale changes.

#73 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

5. Deleting all the Green Ales in the game, and then make sure that farming locations are not efficient. I know this would stop the issue temporarily at the cost of considerable community backlash (I know I'd be P.O.ed).

:)

it's time to learn to play again, green ale eaters. :dunno:

Edited by SirDouglas, 01 November 2011 - 05:59 PM.

#74 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

Better not nerf my hat one of my few good items... make it account bound and lvl restrict it to 120+ put a cooldown like heal for WOE and leave it spamable out of WOE keep the item sellable PLEASE the few Mil i make a week will stop =( Q_Q

Posted Image

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

#75 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

I think there are a total of 3 people who are for the ales being account bound, and no offense to them, but I'm pretty sure the GMs could say anything and they'd say "YES! AWESOME! GOOD IDEA!"

Just because you say "no offense" doesnt mean you should say it anyway. Just so you no there are a ton of things i disagree with that the GM's bring up, but at least i listen when they speak. I consider everything before speaking my own mind.

Back on topic the reason i think they should be account bound is because we dont know how many are still out there. They are just way to many than there should be. If you say "Aw if their account bound i cant survive in woe" then you are sadly mistaken. There are so many other options that can be done. Increase the effectivness of whites, lower the weight limit of whites (so that more can be held), with the skill patch coming lower the damage of some skills, etc. There
are so many other things to be done to make woe equal.

People have been a bit (and i use bit lightly) spoiled by the amount of green ales that have been on the market since march. These are suppose to be once a year items that should be used in special occations. A person should have max 100 if that. Not 30,000 of them. This was just a horrible horrible mistake that the GM's made and now they are trying to fix it (which if the first mistake never happened we wouldnt be in this mess).

So back to your statement in the quote...you can shove it where the sun dont shine for all i care.

P.S. Yes i know this is against the rules GM's/Mods, but i needed to get this out because i was pissed. I dont really ever do it so just know i will probly not do it again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users