CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

I think there are a total of 3 people who are for the ales being account bound, and no offense to them, but I'm pretty sure the GMs could say anything and they'd say "YES! AWESOME! GOOD IDEA!"

Just because you say "no offense" doesnt mean you should say it anyway. Just so you no there are a ton of things i disagree with that the GM's bring up, but at least i listen when they speak. I consider everything before speaking my own mind.

Back on topic the reason i think they should be account bound is because we dont know how many are still out there. They are just way to many than there should be. If you say "Aw if their account bound i cant survive in woe" then you are sadly mistaken. There are so many other options that can be done. Increase the effectivness of whites, lower the weight limit of whites (so that more can be held), with the skill patch coming lower the damage of some skills, etc. There
are so many other things to be done to make woe equal.

People have been a bit (and i use bit lightly) spoiled by the amount of green ales that have been on the market since march. These are suppose to be once a year items that should be used in special occations. A person should have max 100 if that. Not 30,000 of them. This was just a horrible horrible mistake that the GM's made and now they are trying to fix it (which if the first mistake never happened we wouldnt be in this mess).

So back to your statement in the quote...you can shove it where the sun dont shine for all i care.

P.S. Yes i know this is against the rules GM's/Mods, but i needed to get this out because i was pissed. I dont really ever do it so just know i will probly not do it again.

#77 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

Well They should also increase healing on pots so they have more of a uses then ales, or aleast things like ales can be truly used for (hit the red button just incase)

#78 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

I'd respond, but I'm completely engulfed by your RO stories and I don't have time to type it out. bbl. Reading.

Edited by Lambor, 01 November 2011 - 06:07 PM.

#79 AzureBreeze

AzureBreeze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

obviously yea, they're beating around the bush. The real issue here is the white pots and blues. The blues we already pay for as a kafra shop item[lol], the amount of whites we need to use to pot up isnt not balanced out properly with renewal.

kRO doesn't know how to balance RO properly. They should have had all of this ironed out from the get-go...

I'm just trolling :dunno: Obviously I agree with you guys T.T! It is not beautiful at all.

Edited by AzureBreeze, 01 November 2011 - 06:07 PM.

#80 Volt88

Volt88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

I think you should...

1) As Mefistofeles said, the requirements should be for people in the 125+ (130+ IMO) so changing the requirements is a must.
2) They'd delete from the servers for good. (I have over 5k Ales in storage and used many more since the Patrick Event came so I know some of you might be affedted like me, but its a change it have to be done)
3) Increase the weight from them(25 sounds fine).
4) You'll have to increase the chance of drop from the St. Patrick Hat just a little so high level players can farm again.

My idea is still up =P

#81 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

Why not just add a re-use delay? Assuming you made it long enough and could do it correctly, then you wouldn't even need to make any of the other changes.

#82 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

The less effective ales are, the more you'll buy woe pots!

#83 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Making them account bound really puts a damper on things though. I love them for MVPing and all. And I love them for WoE as well. I know that suras doing CC would die instantly if it weren't for ales because slims simply don't recover enough.

I REALLY think making the hats account bound would solve it all. I don't see how it wouldn't. With the fix where they only drop ales on certain maps, the botters would have to do it on populated maps. They'll eventually get banned. Hats can't be given to a new bot, so that would end right there.

The statistics would stabilize over time. But only if those warps to inaccessible maps are removed.

^ This.

#84 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Not going to read the entire thread.

Too little too late, Heim. You @#$Ced up, deal with the consequences.

#85 Emichio

Emichio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Buying green ales for 100k each in Valk ;P

#86 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

Why not just add a re-use delay? Assuming you made it long enough and could do it correctly, then you wouldn't even need to make any of the other changes.

im prety sure re use delays aint gonna solve crap, the main point that heim bought up about green ales, is that so many of them has been obtained illegally, is all about bots. adding a re use delay is not going to stop bots to keep farming them. i think the people that complain about ales the most are the ppl, that doesn't have ales and just want to get even with the rest of us. but that would just make the ppl that has ales very unhappy. im prety sure lambors idea about making hat acc bound and get rid of the bots is appropriate, or just making the hat drop a diffrent type of ales that is account bound. that way, whatever amount of ales that is left out there, people will not get screwed over by this update. i dnt know how many ales being farmed by bots in valkyrie servers. but in ymir, ales are very low, and making them account bound is just gonna be a huge rage for most of us. as for the weight limit i couldnt care less, but at least not ridicilously heavy as 25 weight. at least make em weight 10-15.

#87 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

I'd respond, but I'm completely engulfed by your RO stories and I don't have time to type it out. bbl. Reading.

Even though i am mad at what you said, that doesnt make me ungrateful. So thank you for reading them

#88 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

LOL

#89 rikai

rikai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

1. Account bound the hats.
2. Ban botters that are using the hats.
3. ???
4. Profit (for all the legit people)! Posted Image

Edited by rikai, 01 November 2011 - 06:28 PM.

#90 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

If they were to make it drop account bound ales, there's just gonna be rage when people run out and are no longer to use them as a form of income. Somebody in this post said they make a few mil off of them, and they sound like a new player. So it's a good way to start off.

Account bound hat!

#91 Razgriz

Razgriz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

Bet you, next kafra items will come to solve your ale lack problems.

In all seriousness, i think as many have said, improve the recovery of slims and blue pots, slowly deplet the market by desabling St. Patrick Hat, making them account bound is a bit extreme because you will be pissing off a lot of people

#92 Minced

Minced

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

Ales need the nerf there is no reason your white potion replacement should do 50% hp and sp. That being said I do agree that white and blue pots/slims need a buff to make up for hp pool increasing compared to pre-renewal.

#93 rikai

rikai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

Bet you, next kafra items will come to solve your ale lack problems.

In all seriousness, i think as many have said, improve the recovery of slims and blue pots, slowly deplet the market by desabling St. Patrick Hat, making them account bound is a bit extreme because you will be pissing off a lot of people

Why should it piss them off?
Submit a ticket to be able to trade it between accounts on the same warpportal account like you can with any of the other account bound items.

It's far less troublesome to do that for gears than it is for consumables that have a wide range of uses across many accounts and are sought after by many.

With account binding the hat, you end up letting legit people keep their cake and eat it too, while no one else is being penalized for the activities of botters breaking the rules.

#94 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

If the demand for ales decreases so does the botting. Add a big enough delay and this problem goes away on its own. But since they're similiar to ygg seeds why not put a 3 second delay on it just for starters.

#95 Bladefox

Bladefox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

WE ALREADY A LEVEL RESTRICTION FROM THE SPOOKY MACHINE NO? TO PREVENT ABUSE? THEN MAKE A LEVEL RESTRICTION FOR SPARE CARD AND SAINT PATRICK HATtttt!!!asdasdqwe!"·!"· >______________>

:dunno: :) ;) ;)

Someone needs to take their pills I think. This thread is for feedback; if your feedback is written in caps it makes it hard to take seriously.

#96 rikai

rikai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

If the demand for ales decreases so does the botting. Add a big enough delay and this problem goes away on its own. But since they're similiar to ygg seeds why not put a 3 second delay on it just for starters.

And if you remove the only way for botters to bot them by account binding the hat, the problem ALSO goes away on its own while not penalizing legit players. Posted Image

Edited by rikai, 01 November 2011 - 06:43 PM.

#97 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

adding delay seriously solve nothing, they can farm ales still, and ales can still and be sold in the market. people will still goin to use ales wether they add the delay or not, and the bot still going to make a profit, cuz they get to keep botting, get ales and sell them. beside ppl can just use ales and seed combo if there was cool down.

#98 Minced

Minced

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

I'm sure they would put a sharing cd on all items that are alike so people couldn't do that.

#99 Razgriz

Razgriz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

Why should it piss them off?
Submit a ticket to be able to trade it between accounts on the same warpportal account like you can with any of the other account bound items.

It's far less troublesome to do that for gears than it is for consumables that have a wide range of uses across many accounts and are sought after by many.

With account binding the hat, you end up letting legit people keep their cake and eat it too, while no one else is being penalized for the activities of botters breaking the rules.

Ales are mainly used for WoE afaik, wish you luck having GMs attend those tickets in time. Most guild leaders buy Ales for their members, making them account bound is pretty senseless and will rend them useless in some cases. Just change their weight, code them like runes or ancillas, put some cooldown and make the hats account bound and level restrict it to 100 +, that will help you with your botting problem

#100 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

@Lambor: i have a ton of ales, i lead the Valkyrie guild and I still think this is good move that should have happened a long time ago. It's okay to be selfish but there are limits buddy. And one of them is being an ass to people just because they cant reach your level of selfishness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users