CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

subtle botting call outs hilarious cause chat logs/screenshots of people looking for places for you to bot

#152 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

We are going to do the Weight increase tonight, and bind the HAT for now, and lock down maps that were being abused.

We will be going through the massive stocks of ales and track back to where they came from. If all goes well with that we may not need to do the Ale account binding at all, presuming that the influx of illegal beer is stifled.

Long term I do not know if cool down delay will happen or to what degree.

As for lethality in WoE, we will need to analyze the situation further, I'm sure the skill balance will do something with it as will fixing the KVM weapon bug that was reported..

Do I currently think a higher powered "pot" is necessary? Yes I do, would it be a geneticist skill or an NPC thing I don't know yet.

#153 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

Also you should item/zeny whipe the person caught doing it in the above screen. (even though that jackass owes me money still)

lol if they did wipe the item/zeny, he prolly just gonna pm his friend and get it all back, its always been like that.

#154 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

I still don't see how a temporary account binding on Ales will make botters stand out.

Temp ban can work because players like the one you describe are the extreme exception and do not represent
the normal RO player. For the most part, the only people who have need to have 30k+ ales are guilds and
people that main suras.

If someone has an account full of rogues, merchants, and novices brimming full of green ales it's strange
and worth investigating. A normal player's utility alts will contain not only random merchants and rogues,
but linkers, priest, alchies, performers and other classes that are popular on slave accounts.

Hence I also said about 3 times in the thread that whites need to be buffed to compensate for the nerf to ales. As I said before multiple things have to change not just the change to ales.

Leave regular pots as they are and give buffs to all player made restorative potions while also maintaining
the current ranked potter bonus.

#155 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

Hence I also said about 3 times in the thread that whites need to be buffed to compensate for the nerf to ales. As I said before multiple things have to change not just the change to ales.

Also in terms of damage and hp go it's pretty much the same that 4k bb damage was hitting people with 6-8k hp pools, just like the SB is now hitting people with 40-60k hp pools. The only thing that didn't happen was white pots effectiveness didn't increase.

exactly this. that's how potting should be, where people can spam slims/blues like in prerenewal and pot blues while chain fisting/etc kinda like in rwc. let ranked alchemists mean more again. there shouldn't be any item for the most part that gives an instant recovery of hp/sp. things were perfect prerenewal in regards to this.

then it all came to crap with renewal. the ratio between the damage from skills and pot efficiency grew larger and larger, and its just not realistic to be able to pot using just slims in the large scale of woe. increase the efficiency of blues and slims by a considerable amount, and i probably wouldnt care if you deleted all ales from the server or completely disabled it in woe and this
is coming from a person with a lot of ales stocked up

@heim if you do the weight increase tonight, can you at least not do it a lil more than 8x what it was before, try 10 weight for now

Edited by Andini, 01 November 2011 - 08:31 PM.

#156 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

^ Be sure it's not a kafra thing, or else bye RO for alot of ppl.

#157 Minced

Minced

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

Leave regular pots as they are and give buffs to all player made restorative potions while also maintaining
the current ranked potter bonus.

I agree. When I said whites I meant ranked slims I should have been more specific.

#158 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

We are going to do the Weight increase tonight, and bind the HAT for now, and lock down maps that were being abused.

We will be going through the massive stocks of ales and track back to where they came from. If all goes well with that we may not need to do the Ale account binding at all, presuming that the influx of illegal beer is stifled.

As for lethality in WoE, we will need to analyze the situation further, I'm sure the skill balance will do something with it as will fixing the KVM weapon bug that was reported..

Do I currently think a higher powered "pot" is necessary? Yes I do, would it be a geneticist skill or an NPC thing I don't know yet.

+1

#159 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

As for how much weight, I would rather start high and change to lower so it is a benefit rather than *nerf bat* 2 times on the same issue. Please be patient, everything regarding them will work out both in the short term and in the long term.

#160 sexytime

sexytime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

I can give this message a qualified approval

#161 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

White slims need to be increased in power. You need to change how much they heal for, not make it a genetic skill or an npc thing. Just go change the default for white slims. -_-s -_- up that you say you need to analyze the situation further, it's been a year dude with people telling you white slims suck-_- and you don't do -_- about it. You need to make ranked slim white heal for at least 10% of max hp and blue pots ( of any kind ) heal for 10% of max sp.

Keep in mind though, % healing still won't help priests and genetics.

Edited by Xerloris, 01 November 2011 - 08:35 PM.

#162 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

I don't like the idea of making them account bound, for the reason that they are frequently used as WoE supplies - and hence, it should be possible for guild leaders to give them out to their guild members.

Making them unvendable off-season would be a good idea though - that makes the trading less 'efficient' - and if you catch someone buying them from a botter, delete the ales without compensation (and make this policy clear). This will make players avoid people who seem suspicious when buying ale.

I would prefer a reuse delay over an increase in weight. We should put a short reuse delay on seeds and berries as well (shared with ale). Even 3 second delay would take away the most unbalancing aspect of ales in woe (the ability to spam them and be immortal). Spamming ales/seeds/berries is really unbalanced, more-so than the light-as-a-feather aspect of green ale.

Also, the hat should never have been implemented, honestly. It's just an invitation to botting. It's something you should blame yourselves for, as GM's, honestly - you really should have known, after seeing how Spare Cards were abused. Take them out, nerf them, make them only work in the months of march+april, I don't know.

We do need a larger base-heal potion.

Wait - WE HAVE NEW GENETIC HP REGEN POTIONS!!! Enriched White Potion (or whatever it's named). The problem is that they suck. Modify the healing of the enriched white potion to work like a normal potion (so regen increased by vit, regen potions, etc) and set the base hp regen to like 1k or something.

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 November 2011 - 08:46 PM.

#163 Minced

Minced

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

I would prefer a reuse delay over an increase in weight. We should put a short reuse delay on seeds and berries as well (shared with ale). Even 3 second delay would take away the most unbalancing aspect of ales in woe (the ability to spam them and be immortal).

I also think this would have been a better fix.

#164 kentot

kentot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

I would prefer a reuse delay over an increase in weight. We should put a short reuse delay on seeds and berries as well (shared with ale). Even 3 second delay would take away the most unbalancing aspect of ales in woe (the ability to spam them and be immortal). Spamming ales/seeds/berries is really unbalanced, more-so than the light-as-a-feather aspect of green ale.

+1

#165 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

I also think this would have been a better fix.

That's how it works on kRO now... or something quite similar at least...

Well, we have Regen Potios as well... bot sure if that makes a lot of difference while potting thou.

#166 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

Making ales account bound is really not fair on people like me who go down to orc dungeon every day with a greed mechanic to farm ales (LEGIT) without botting. I never use ales for myself, and I kind of rely on selling them to make meagre profits. The fact that they have no sale value now makes farming no longer fun and takes away a part of the game that I very much enjoyed.

I no longer WoE or have time to do anything other than casually grind and farm items these days, so punishing legit farming in this manner (off a hat that I worked quite hard to get, mind you) really leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Why don't you instead focus on CATCHING BOTTERS rather than nerfing items that could potentially aid bots (but really only add a little sparkle of joy to real players).

Just give them a cooldown and increase their weight, I don't care, as long as they are still valuable enough to sell. Farming ales/mastellas/other items is pretty much the only reason my greed mechanic exists.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 01 November 2011 - 09:01 PM.

#167 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

Posted Image

http://forums.irowik...028#post1167028

Edited by SirDouglas, 01 November 2011 - 09:06 PM.

#168 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

If you disable it on all maps except popular ones where people like to level on, it will not only allow the legit players to use them but also enable easy spotting of the bots.

Popular maps where there are always people include:
Ant Hell
Orc Dungeon
Nog2
Scarabs 1 and 2

If other players would like to add to this list please do so.

#169 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

im so looking forward to this -_-

#170 bigstuff17

bigstuff17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

if there was a way to remove green ales acquired after "X" date, like time-stamping, that would be something i would look into, especially during like drop events and obvious botted maps and bugged maps. just something to look at.

#171 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

In my opinion a slight weight increase (20 seems a bit excessive), re use delay of something like 15-20 seconds and account binding of the hats would be fine.

The reuse delay would stop them from being spammed in WoE or other situations but still allow for it to be used for emergencies. Personally I use Ales in WoE when I need to survive but I generally only need to use 1 before I move to a better position to not get hit. In PVM I use them only when I wing into one of the more extreme mobs that I don't normally survive.

Like others have said about the hat, making it account bound would stop the bot farming of it after a while. Eventually the bots using the hat will be weeded out and can be banned. The people that want to farm Ales for personal use or sale have the hat already and do so. If people were told you were going to account bind the hat in a week or 2 people that want a hat have a chance to get one so they can make use of it. Eventually the bots using the hat will be weeded out and can be banned.

#172 Iyona

Iyona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLand of the GOld Rush

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

I am happy with weight increase. That makes sense. I do NOT want my hat account bound, I only have 1 st. patrick hat with which to hunt for ales with and I don't want to be stuck on a certain character leveling to use my hat. Account binding the ales is good though, then people will have to move the hat to a new account if they want to level a character while finding ales.

I agree with whoever it was that said maybe limiting it to drop from st.patrick related monsters ONLY, like snakes. I think bot farming ales mainly works in mobby maps because when ever I used my hat to find ales I would be lucky to get 4 ales in a whole night. The drop rate is kinda low on those.

Why bother with a long reuse timer on them? People will use them all up faster if they can use them as it is now and the supply will seriously deplete. Also thank you, as a potter I will be happy people will use pots more again.

#173 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

Posted Image

http://forums.irowik...028#post1167028

Akan... that's after 14.1 and might take a while to see it here in iRO...

#174 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

Just get rid of the hat if anything. You don't seem to care about other things being botted which make way more zeny and are 10x more useful.
This is why everyone gives you so much flack, Heim. You make choices without thinking and scramble to try and cover yourself by saying things like "These we never intended to be used outside of the season".
We sure missed that memo when you were over there making thousands off gum and encouraging people to farm them.

Not really sure how they can be farmed if you just disable the hats or make it so that they only work during St. Patrick's day.

Just stop making your own changes to stuff. I guess you have already forgotten about your bright idea to randomly change zen.

#175 tioluko

tioluko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

Again, because of botters we the good players will be injured >.>

Edited by tioluko, 01 November 2011 - 09:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users