[Archived] COMMON ISSUES: Cannot init d3d, C_IsSteam, Graphics issue, AI ERRORs - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] COMMON ISSUES: Cannot init d3d, C_IsSteam, Graphics issue, AI ERRORs

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:19 PM

Non-Graphics

• C_IsSteam error
  • Patching from 2011 after successful patch
  • AI Errors

C_IsSteam error:

Exit all RO clients and all  RO patchers. 

Open the RO patcher, rightclick Patchup.exe, and select "Run as Administrator". If you are on Windows XP, run it normally. 

Patcher starts from 2011-4-4:

If you have let it finish applying one or more patches from 2011 - you have no choice but to reinstall, or let the patcher run all the way from 2011 to the present. 

If you cancel it immediately, you can work around this much faster. 

Close all RO clients and patchers

Open patch2.txt (cpatch.txt for classic), and look for the latest file dated BEFORE you last are certain that you patched. On the left side of that line will be a 4 digit number.  Write that down.

Enter that number at http://choobs.org/stuff/patch.php, and click download. Replace the patch.inf (or cpatch.inf, if on classic) with the one you downloaded. 

Run the patcher, and it will start patching from the one patch you entered the number of. 

AI Errors:

For either of these errors (this indicates the  default AI is a pre-9/4 version):

AI.lua error

./AI/AI_M.lua:2:module'./AI/Const.lua Not found
no field package.preload['./AI/Const.lua']
no file '.\\/AIConst\lua.lua'
(snip)

AI.lua error

./AI/AI.lua:2:module'./AI/Const.lua Not found
no field package.preload['./AI/Const.lua']
no file '.\\/AIConst\lua.lua'
(snip)

Download and install either:

Default AI - http://drazzy.com/ai...-4DefaultAI.zip

Default AI + AzzyAI 1.541 preinstalled http://drazzy.com/ai...AzzyAI_1541.zip

For ALL OTHER AI ERRORS please post in the homunculus and AI section with the exact text of the error message: http://forums.warppo...s-headquarters/ - I respond to all AI error related issues within 24 hours or less, except in very unusual situations. 

Graphics

• Vista/Win7 Note
  • Classic on Vista/Win7 note
  • Cannot init d3d or GRF has problem
  • Screenshots come out obviously broken
  • Blank screen or other problems with Radeon graphics card
  • Fullscreen blurry, as if low-res image was scaled up, using Win7 & NVIDIA graphics card
  • General graphics problems on windows 7/vista
  • Screen went wavy, game almost hung
  • Textures switched with eachother after leaving RO running for some time
  • Screen upside down or sideways

Vista/Win7 Note (read if you use these platforms)
Many of these solutions involve using the Setup program in the RO folder. UAC Registry Virtualization can cause problems saving the settings to the registry.

You must always run Setup as administrator. 

Classic Server Note:

If you are on Classic, where we refer to "setup", use "classicsetup" instead. 

Cannot init d3d or GRF has problem
This is the most common RO issue that is not related to patching.
You start up RO, and receive the message "Cannot init d3d or GRF has problem" and it exits. It has nothing to do with the GRF, and everything to do with d3d.

This is a symptom of graphics driver problems. You must have both graphics drivers for your graphics card, and Microsoft DirectX installed to play RO (as well as most other games)

1) Open setup.exe in the RO folder, and make sure something is selected in the first two menus. If one or both of them has no options available (which will probably be the case) that means that you have a graphics driver problem. If on Windows 8 exit setup, right-click setup -> properties, compatibility tab, choose Windows XP SP3, and try again - that may fix it. 

2) Start -> run -> dxdiag - see if it works and brings up a diagnostic program. If it does, go to 4).

3) If that doesn't work, you don't have directx installed - download it from microsoft website (and if you've got a pirated copy of windows and it won't let you do that, search for the "redistributable", which is not protected like that). Install directx, and try setup.exe again.

4) If it still does not give you any options, you do not have working graphics drivers installed for your graphics card. You can download them from the manufacturer of your graphics card (or, in the case of some systems, from the manufacturer of the computer). Install them.

5) Run setup.exe and select an option from both of the top menus, and RO will now work.

Screenshots are black and white or have mangled color, and look all slanted and broken

This happens when running RO using a non-standard aspect ratio. RO is an old game, and it pre-dates the whole widescreen scam*. On some systems, this results in screenshots not being taken correctly when using aspect ratios (the ratio of horizontal:vertical window size) other than 4:3.

1) Open setup.exe in the ragnarok folder. From the second menu, select a resolution with a 4:3 aspect ratio. Typical choices are 800x600 (for small screens), 1024x768, etc. 1200x1024 also probably works, as despite having a 5:4 aspect ratio, this resolution was widely used while RO was in development. Check the box for windowed mode (because on any LCD widescreen monitor, running with a 4:3 aspect ratio will result in the game being stretched unacceptably.

2) Click OK and restart RO.

I am using an ATI Radeon, ATI Radeon HD, or ATI Radeon with Crossfire, and i have a graphics problem

ATI drivers suck, and have since the days when driver updates were mailed out on floppy disks.

1) Open Setup.exe in the RO folder, and, from the top menu, select one of the D3D options, instead of the ATI Radeon option. Click OK and restart RO.

2) If problem persists, try turning off "Crossfire" and updating your graphics drivers.

I am using Windows 7 or Vista and i have a graphics problem

1) Is your graphics card made by ATI? If so, try the change described above.

2) Are you using the AERO interface?

The AERO interface, which introduces many visual effects to the windows desktop, is the new default interface for windows 7 and Vista on modern computers (it is turned off by default on older ones, because it's a resource hog). Windows AERO, in addition to slowing the system down and contributing nothing to the usability of the system, other than dubious aesthetic appeal, also causes problems with older 3d games.

Follow the instructions here, and see if disabling AERO fixes the problem:
http://www.howtogeek...-windows-vista/

3) There may be a driver incompatibility. Rightclick Ragnarok.exe (or RagnarokFree or Valkyrie) and select properties, and on the compatibility tab, choose Windows XP SP3.

I was fighting something, then the screen went all wavy and the game slowed to a crawl

The intended effect of the Hallucination status (a negative status inflicted by some monsters) is to make the screen go wavy and cause random numbers to be displayed for damage.

Unfortunately, the visual effect is poorly implemented, and will slow even topspec systems to a crawl. Turning off effects with /effect will remove the wavy screen visual effect, however, it can be difficult to type that due to the lag it produces. Bind it to a shortcut (everyone should have /effect on a shortcut anyway, it's something you often want to do at the touch of a button):

1) Alt+m, in one of the boxes, put /effect

2) When afflicted by hallucination, press and hold down alt+(the number you put it on) until the screen looks normal again (you need to hold it down, sometimes, because the computer lags so badly that it misses keypresses). You may turn effects back on once the icon for the hallucination status is gone.

I was playing for a while, and the walls/floors/etc now look like random other objects

Sometimes, one may encounter severely anomalous graphical behavior, wherein the pattern on the surface of objects ("textures") become mixed up between objects. For example,the street of prontera may appear to be a sea of those swirly-light mapchange portals, or the awning over a shop may look like tiled chat boxes, or any other combination imaginable. This is very unusual for most players, but can happen.

1) Look away from the computer. Verify that your vision is behaving normally. If you are still seeing visual anomalies when not looking at the computer, you are hallucinating. Discontinue any drug use and contact a medical professional.

2) The computer may be overheating. Shut down the system, and allow it to cool down. If you are using a laptop, hit the vents with one of those airdusters (preferably outside, as it'll likely make clouds of dust). If you're using a desktop, take the side cover off, and hit the graphics cooler with an air-duster, and physically (carefully) remove any dust if needed. Leaving side-panel off, turn computer on and verify that all fans are spinning (replace any that are not or which are spinning slowly). For debugging, leave the panel off and run RO for a while, to see if the problem recurs (usually taking the cover off the computer will let it run cool enough to prevent it from happening). Allow RO to run at least 24 hours before declaring the problem solved.

3) You may have graphics driver problems. Reinstall the latest version of graphics drivers from the manufacturer.

Game screen displays upside down or sideways
Not much is known about what triggers this - sometimes in full screen, the game screen will display sideways (mouse movement will likewise be sideways). I suspect that it could also be fully upside down, but have not heard reports of this. In any case, this can be fixed by turning off full screen (fullscreen is dodgy on RO in general).

1) Open setup, and uncheck full screen mode. See note at top of post if using Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Full screen mode blurry, as if low-res image was scaled up, using Win7 and NVIDIA graphics card:

For reasons unclear, a recently introduced 'feature' of nvidia graphics cards can break RO fullscreen mode, causing it to stretch the graphics from 640x480 (minimum resolution) to the size of the screen. Thanks to meoryou2 for reporting this issue and fix!

1) Open the NVidia control panel, go to the "adjust desktop color settings" tab and there is a dropdown selector near the bottom - "content type reported to the display" change it from "Auto" to "Desktop Applications" and fullscreen apps SHOULD now launch in the resolution honoring their settings, RO does as well as 3DMark11.

Make sure you have the scaling feature in NVidia control panel set to "full screen" if you want to run a full screen app at a lower resolution without letterboxing / pillarboxing ( black bars at the top and bottom or sides of the screen ), I have mine set to do the scaling in the GPU, but you can also set it so the monitor should switch to the lower resolution and use its own built in scaler.

*Yes, widescreen is a scam instigated by monitor manufacturers. They'll sell you a monitor that's 11% smaller than the non-widescreen ones (by area), yet has the same listed size because they measure diagonally, and then claim it's a feature? Give me a break!

Edited by DrAzzy, 13 August 2014 - 06:08 AM.

#2 towerwarlock

towerwarlock

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:02 PM

(snip)

Thanks this helped. I think this needs to be added to the FAQ Database.

Edited by DrAzzy, 29 October 2010 - 11:04 AM.
Snipped out quote, for improved thread readability

#3 HTL2001

HTL2001

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

For the "blank screen" problem on startup, I found that using "direct3d T&L HAL" rather than just direct3d fixed it (also I can select my graphics driver as well)

Also, I saw you post in my topic about decreasing framerate in Windows 7 64bit: http://forums.warppo...-windows-7-x64/
Turning off a second monitor may stop that problem, I just wanted to have that up in this FAQ (and yes, I did try turning off aero, via running it in compatability mode "disable desktop composition", same conditions)

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:11 AM

Turning off a second monitor may stop that problem, I just wanted to have that up in this FAQ (and yes, I did try turning off aero, via running it in compatability mode "disable desktop composition", same conditions)

I don't think disabling aero just for RO is enough, you may need to turn it off entirely. Worth a try, even just for the sake of knowledge (and your computer will run faster ;-) )

#5 HTL2001

HTL2001

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

when you disable it for that application, the whole of aero is turned off, and you get a notice to the effect of "an older program incomparable with aero is running, so its turned off until you exit that program"

I am trying running with everything off except for "display window contents while dragging", I'll update when I think I have a conclusive answer

EDIT: it MAY have slowed down the progression a small amount, but it still happens

Edited by HTL2001, 30 September 2010 - 10:56 PM.

#6 Maevri316

Maevri316

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

So this is going to sound stupid, but how do I change the settings of the game so it's full screen? All I get right now is mostly black with a small box in the middle of the screen that has the game...

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

Run the Setup program in the RO folder, and change the resolution.

Edited by DrAzzy, 15 November 2010 - 10:04 AM.

#8 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:55 PM

Hello I constantly have this problem opening up a RO client. Usually when trying to open a second one. I get around this by opening 2 patchers and then hitting start on both patchers at almost the same time. Recently it hasn't been working and i've been getting these cannot init d3d or grf errors when trying to open a first RO client with windows media player open/minimized. Does anyone have a fix for my problem?

I can open dxdiag i have played with the setup.
I have 4 options for the graphics in the setup:
-Direct3d HAL
-Direct3d T&L HAL
-RADEON MOBILITY
-RADEON MOBILITY

I have tried to open a 2nd client with every option and none of them works. I get the same d2d grf error
I have windows XP a dell laptop.

Edited by jake0619, 26 March 2011 - 12:55 PM.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

You say it only fails when you have windows media player open? Easy, close windows media player.

Some people experience problems opening multiple clients like this, due to the limitations of their graphics card/drivers; you can try updating your graphics drivers, but it may be that this problem cannot be fixed without a whole new graphics card, which isn't usually an option on a laptop.

#10 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

Not only with windows media player, I get it also from opening a 2nd client. I just noticed that it won't work when windows media player is open and i thought that may narrow down the cause of problem. I know my laptop is capable of it since i can dual client when i hit start on 2 patchers at the same time. it just errors when i try to open a 2nd client with a first open already. I have to close the first opened client open two new fresh patchers and hit start on both of them at almost the same time. Sometimes it doesn't work. I need a fix! I have tried updating my graphics card before and i couldn't find an update. This laptop is from 2002 ._.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

This laptop is from 2002 ._.

It is quite possible that that the hardware just plain doesn't support doing what you want to do.

#12 otakucho

otakucho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:11 AM

tried all that doesn't work.. i think it might be because i'm running a 64-bit system? there are still a lot of applications that aren't compatible with win 7 64-bit...

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

tried all that doesn't work.. i think it might be because i'm running a 64-bit system? there are still a lot of applications that aren't compatible with win 7 64-bit...

Can you describe what symptoms you're seeing, and what you've tried to get it working? This thread covers all graphics problems; I'd need to know what kind of problem you're having with it.

I'm running RO on win7 x64 and not only does it work, it runs wonderfully - 5 clients at a time too w/no lag.

#14 otakucho

otakucho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

Can you describe what symptoms you're seeing, and what you've tried to get it working? This thread covers all graphics problems; I'd need to know what kind of problem you're having with it.

I'm running RO on win7 x64 and not only does it work, it runs wonderfully - 5 clients at a time too w/no lag.

well, it'll install perfect, the game will update/patch perfect, i've set everything to "run as admin" (the .exe files, not the installer, there's no option for that) and disabled aero (i've actually had this disabled for a LONG time due to other games), i tried installing in both C: and C:\program files(x86)(Default), i've changed and attempted all 3 of the video card options in setup, I've turned off crossfire, i actually had to downgrade my vid card drivers due to an incompatibility issue with global agenda (stopped playing cause that game is crap), AION (Also crap), C.O.D. Black Ops (runs perfect), and APB (Still runs perfect). I don't get any error boxes or anything i just get a black screen after I click start from the launcher.

My system:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Processor: AMD Athlon™ II X4 630 Processor, ~2.8GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6144MB RAM
Page File: 1806MB used, 10478MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Vid Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4650
Display Memory: 3830 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB
Shared Memory: 2815 MB
Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1041 (English)
Driver Version: 8.762.0.0
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/4/2010 01:54:02, 598528 bytes
Output Type: HD15

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:05 AM

well, it'll install perfect, the game will update/patch perfect, i've set everything to "run as admin" (the .exe files, not the installer, there's no option for that) and disabled aero (i've actually had this disabled for a LONG time due to other games), i tried installing in both C: and C:\program files(x86)(Default), i've changed and attempted all 3 of the video card options in setup, I've turned off crossfire, i actually had to downgrade my vid card drivers due to an incompatibility issue with global agenda (stopped playing cause that game is crap), AION (Also crap), C.O.D. Black Ops (runs perfect), and APB (Still runs perfect). I don't get any error boxes or anything i just get a black screen after I click start from the launcher.

My system:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Processor: AMD Athlon™ II X4 630 Processor, ~2.8GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6144MB RAM
Page File: 1806MB used, 10478MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Vid Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4650
Display Memory: 3830 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB
Shared Memory: 2815 MB
Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1041 (English)
Driver Version: 8.762.0.0
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/4/2010 01:54:02, 598528 bytes
Output Type: HD15

Have you tried running it in "compatability mode"? That sometimes fixes graphics problems.

This is an issue with ATI's drivers being shoddy garbage... as they always were!.

#16 otakucho

otakucho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

Have you tried running it in "compatability mode"? That sometimes fixes graphics problems.

This is an issue with ATI's drivers being shoddy garbage... as they always were!.

yes i tried compatibility mode... well the thing is on my old pc, it had an ati VisionTek Radeon X1550 256 MB, and i had no driver issues at all with the old machine. I just had to upgrade because i got tired of hearing my pc yell at me when i tried to play anything with high end graphics lol

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

Mmm... I'm not sure what to try at this point. Try posting this as it's own topic in tech support, and see if anyone else has encountered this and found a fix for it.

#18 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

The most simple fix for the init d3d error is to reinstall video card driver. If that still didn't fix it then download the latest version of directx and reinstall. If all fails then start reading the original post provided by DrAzzy.

#19 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

Thanks Dr. Azzy, this explains my screenshot problems (non-standard screen ratio). What's too bad is these days I often dual-client, which means it's better not to be full-screened....takes too long to alt-tab between windows. It seems the highest "standard" resolution I can pick is the 1024 x 768 one---unfortunately the 1200 one isn't an option.

I guess my ghetto option is to hope I don't need to rapid-fire screenie, print screen, and when I have a moment of pause, paste it into Paint =P At least doing that keeps it from distorting and lets me have a normal looking screenie.

#20 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

That sucks - is your screen resolution (at the windows level) set correctly?

#21 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

Screen resolution should not have to be set to a "standard" 4:3 ratio setting, you should only have to have Windows / Linux / MacOS set to run in your monitors native resolution ( Determined by EDID, should be the max resolution available to you normally in your desktop settings ) and have your fullscreen client set to the native resolution as well.

I can confirm (with screenies if you want) it works with:
16:9 - 1920x1080@60HZ ( 1080P ), 1366x768@60HZ
16:10 - 1280x800@60HZ

#22 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:28 AM

Screen resolution should not have to be set to a "standard" 4:3 ratio setting, you should only have to have Windows / Linux / MacOS set to run in your monitors native resolution ( Determined by EDID, should be the max resolution available to you normally in your desktop settings ) and have your fullscreen client set to the native resolution as well.

I can confirm (with screenies if you want) it works with:
16:9 - 1920x1080@60HZ ( 1080P ), 1366x768@60HZ
16:10 - 1280x800@60HZ

I was asking about windows resolution w/regards to why he can't get a decent option for windowed mode resolution - possibly he's got his windows resolution set too small to fit the next-size-up? Lot of people seem to run 1440x900, which of course fits the too-small 1024x768, but not the next size up, 1200x1024 (or whatever it is - note that it's not 4:3 resolution, but I believe you can take screenies with it) won't fit on 1440x900.

Bizzare that those resolutions work - what are the ones that don't work? Or maybe your system us just better behaved than most.

#23 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:32 AM

Heya Azzy, my screen resolution is set at 1366 x 768. This actually matches the resolution I have set for RO. Yet, unless I put the game into full-screen mode, the screenies end up messed up.

I tested this yesterday after I had checked and found out that my screenies (fortunately not that many of them) were all borked. I took a screenshot of the game when not operating in full-screen: ewwwy. I closed the game, enabled full-screen, and took another screenie: it was fine.

So I'm not sure what the root of the problem is....it'd be nice, though, if I could make it so the screenshots worked, even without full-screen.

EDIT: Oh yeah, just in case it's asked....my laptop only allows me to select 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, or 1366 x 768. There are no other resolutions I can pick, if that was going to be a suggestion for me to try.

Edited by pikachiquita5, 05 December 2011 - 11:34 AM.

#24 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

Heya Azzy, my screen resolution is set at 1366 x 768. This actually matches the resolution I have set for RO. Yet, unless I put the game into full-screen mode, the screenies end up messed up.

I tested this yesterday after I had checked and found out that my screenies (fortunately not that many of them) were all borked. I took a screenshot of the game when not operating in full-screen: ewwwy. I closed the game, enabled full-screen, and took another screenie: it was fine.

So I'm not sure what the root of the problem is....it'd be nice, though, if I could make it so the screenshots worked, even without full-screen.

EDIT: Oh yeah, just in case it's asked....my laptop only allows me to select 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, or 1366 x 768. There are no other resolutions I can pick, if that was going to be a suggestion for me to try.

Set RO to run in windowed mode at 1024x768 resolution, and you'll get clean screenies.

#25 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

Set RO to run in windowed mode at 1024x768 resolution, and you'll get clean screenies.

Yes, I could do that too, but then it's so tiny XD I don't take screenies that often, so it's not too big of a deal leaving it the way it is---stumbling on this thread, though, made me aware of the cause at least, so I didn't have to bug you specially in a new thread.

What would be nice is if somehow RO could re-design the game with newer coding or whatever it is, so it's up to the times, but that would be a major (and impossible) overhaul.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users