[Archived] COMMON ISSUES: Cannot init d3d, C_IsSteam, Graphics issue, AI ERRORs - Page 3 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] COMMON ISSUES: Cannot init d3d, C_IsSteam, Graphics issue, AI ERRORs

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#51 Tynissa

Tynissa

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

Well, I don't know what kind of error I have, and I suspect the newest patch is at fault so I might not get an answer soon. Before the newest patch, after I started the client and the game, I always got the black screen. But I right clicked on the icon (the one that appears down there, together with anything you might have open at that time, such as IE), clicked on the Ragexe.exe and after a blank error appeared (and I clicked OK) the graphics started working normaly (instead of a black screen, there was the usual log-in one). But now this method doesn't work anymore and I'm at a loss of what to do - I have no trouble with the setup at all, I can save the settings. I've tried rund as admin as well but it didn't help either.

#52 importBlue

importBlue

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

OK, I got this. I tryed all of these things and none of em' worked!

This is what worked for me!

1)Download "dbghelp.dll" from http://www.dll-files.com/
2)Move and replace the one in you Ragnarok folder.
3)Select a Graphices display in your Setup.exe
4)DONE!

Have fun.

#53 sutoraiku

sutoraiku

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

I got win7 with an ati graphics card. I tried all the stuff in the first post, like d3d graphic settings or d3d & hal. Tried disabling aero and stuff and I still get a blank screen when I start up RO. I hear the sounds though, but still blank screen. And I also tried what ImportBlue said.

#54 flordspen

flordspen

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

The screen size field in the set up menu seems to come up blank for me. I'm using windows 8 if that makes a difference.

#55 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

The screen size field in the set up menu seems to come up blank for me. I'm using windows 8 if that makes a difference.

Run RO and setup in a compatibility mode. Keep playing with compatibility modes (they need to be the same for both RO and setup) until you get one that makes things show up.

#56 flordspen

flordspen

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

that got it, thanks.

#57 Lorderagon

Lorderagon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Recently I got problems with my graphics card playing RO...
I couldn't play well cuz the screen was flashing and appeares like black screen, or the video was disabled but the background audio was working, etc.

later the game crashed and i got a Blue Screen of Death or BSOD, saying that "nvlddmkm.sys" driver video of nvidia graphic card was the responsible of the problem

so heres' the solution for it for who has problems with the nvidia graphics card and gives the error to "nvlddmkm.sys"
and i got the latest drivers of:
-nvidia graphic card
-Latest directx
-disabled the Antivirus
-updated windows
-ETC.

But THIS is the only thing that you need for that BSOD caused by "nvlddmkm.sys"

http://www.computert...r-in-windows-7/

Edited by Lorderagon, 01 February 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#58 Anlagen

Anlagen

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

OK, I got this. I tryed all of these things and none of em' worked!

This is what worked for me!

1)Download "dbghelp.dll" from http://www.dll-files.com/
2)Move and replace the one in you Ragnarok folder.
3)Select a Graphices display in your Setup.exe
4)DONE!

Have fun.

You sir, are a saint! I have tried everything, digging through my computer to fix this problem, and this worked PERFECTLY! I suggest this to anyone that updated all of their drivers and are still finding this issue!

Edited by Anlagen, 21 March 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#59 sofia10

sofia10

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Somewhere stable

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

i got the same problem as Tynissa my char is currently in prontera and when i log in to the game it logs me off automatically and shows the error "Cannot find file: Sprite then ragnarok screen goes totally Black screen but the game still going. Urgent help please i tried what people are saying here to solve the prob but nothing worked.

#60 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

i got the same problem as Tynissa my char is currently in prontera and when i log in to the game it logs me off automatically and shows the error "Cannot find file: Sprite then ragnarok screen goes totally Black screen but the game still going. Urgent help please i tried what people are saying here to solve the prob but nothing worked.

You've missed a patch, so you're crashing when you see someone wearing one of the new gears, force a repatch from before the errors started occurring.

Download an archive from before these errors started from http://drazzy.com/patch

Exit all RO clients

Navigate to RO folder.

Delete patch.inf, extract the patch.inf from the archive you downloaded, put it into the RO folder.

Then start RO, being sure to run it as admin

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 April 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#61 Shihouin

Shihouin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

I have gotten the "Cannot init d3d or GRF has problem" error, At first i couldn't get past the setup page, it kept re-popping up after applying the changes, after manually closing the rag.exe in task manager, and running as admin i finally got past that, only to hit a black screen with a white box in the upper left hand side closing out almost instantly and popping up the error i posted above. I checked the setup page like suggested, everything in the boxes shows up, dxdiag opens properly and unless a driver update came out today my drivers for graphics are up-to-date, I run on windows 8 if that helps with what the issue might be.

Only driver update is a BETA driver for AMD Raedon card i am using.

Classic opens and runs fine, its renewal that's giving me the problem.

Updated to beta driver and it runs, only problem is i cant adjust the resolution in setup.. Is there a way to manually input the resolution? I still get the error but only if i try to enter into the client with FULLSCREEN mode on. Windowed it runs without a problem.

Edited by Shihouin, 23 April 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#62 Icanty

Icanty

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: 23-b012
BIOS: 8.09
Processor: AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3668MB RAM
Page File: 1805MB used, 2502MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7300 Series Graphics
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics (0x9808)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9808&SUBSYS_2AF0103C&REV_00
Display Memory: 1955 MB
Dedicated Memory: 377 MB
Shared Memory: 1577 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP All-in-One
Monitor Id: HWP4211
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.016Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1172 (English)
Driver Version: 9.12.6.0
DDI Version: 11
Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.2
Graphics Preemption: DMA
Compute Preemption: DMA
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/13/2013 08:12:16, 1165296 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-DB48-11CF-1877-FA0ABEC2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x1002
Device ID: 0x9808
SubSys ID: 0x2AF0103C
Revision ID: 0x0000
Driver Strong Name: oem13.inf:cb0ae414347c1306:ati2mtag_Wrestler:9.12.6.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_9808&subsys_2af0103c
Rank Of Driver: 00E00001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C
DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeVC1_VLD
Ok guys this is my stuff there are things in the first dropbox and not the second box

#63 Greys

Greys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

Updated to beta driver and it runs, only problem is i cant adjust the resolution in setup.. Is there a way to manually input the resolution? I still get the error but only if i try to enter into the client with FULLSCREEN mode on. Windowed it runs without a problem.

I got the same problem and I don't know what to do. I've reinstalled the game many times and it doesn't change.

#64 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

For chaos, there's a lua file you can edit (running notepad as admin) in I think it's the savedata (I'm not at home, i'd need to look at the files to figure out which it is) and manually set the resolution.

For classic, it's in a registry key.

This is a new and unfortunate development, that some graphics cards/drivers don't correctly communicate available resolutions to setup.

#65 Icanty

Icanty

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

For chaos, there's a lua file you can edit (running notepad as admin) in I think it's the savedata (I'm not at home, i'd need to look at the files to figure out which it is) and manually set the resolution.

For classic, it's in a registry key.

This is a new and unfortunate development, that some graphics cards/drivers don't correctly communicate available resolutions to setup.

I see the lua files but there are 3 of em " ChatWndInfo_U.lua" "OptionInfo.lua" "UserKeys.lua"

#66 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

OptionInfo.lua is the one.

Edited by DrAzzy, 10 June 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#67 Icanty

Icanty

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

OptionInfo.lua is the one.

I cant seem to be able to open option lua im using windows 8

#68 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

I cant seem to be able to open option lua im using windows 8

Open it with notepad - This may need to be done as admin, so run notepad as admin, do file -> open, from "files of type" menu, select "all files" and then navigate to the the file and open it.

#69 Icanty

Icanty

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

Open it with notepad - This may need to be done as admin, so run notepad as admin, do file -> open, from "files of type" menu, select "all files" and then navigate to the the file and open it.

never mind my problem is fixed I downloaded open set up and then extracted it to the ragnarok file location and now I c an freely change my size :heh: :heh: :heh: :rice: :rice: :rice:

#70 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

Nice. That makes life easier.

#71 Jairyoku

Jairyoku

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

Hi i'm running this game on window 8 and um, it says that the cannot find d3d or gif, but since I'm running on window 8, I have nodiea what to do. um, i didn't download the manual patch since I'm horrible with this set up thing. I have no idea what to do. I just bought this like two weeks ago... loving the computer, runs other games fine, but i don't get this one....

Manufacturer LENOVO Model 20193 Total amount of system memory 12.0 GB RAM System type 64-bit operating system Number of processor cores 4 Storage Total size of hard disk(s) 909 GB Disk partition (C:) 806 GB Free (884 GB Total) Disk partition (D:) 22 GB Free (25 GB Total) Graphics Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M Total available graphics memory 4095 MB Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB Dedicated system memory 0 MB Shared system memory 2047 MB Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.2018 Primary monitor resolution 1360x768 DirectX version DirectX 11 or better Network Network Adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30) Network Adapter Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 Network Adapter Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) Network Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

Edited by Jairyoku, 24 June 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#72 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

Run setup (located in the RO folder) as admin, and select an option from the top two menus.

If no option is available in one or both menus, play with the compatibility options for Setup and see if you can get options to appear in the menus (this is apparently a common problem on Win8).

Do not attempt to run the game in full screen mode.

Both setup and the game itself should ALWAYS be run as administrator (ie, rightclick -> run as admin - it's not sufficient to be logged in on an admin account).

#73 Jairyoku

Jairyoku

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

Run setup (located in the RO folder) as admin, and select an option from the top two menus.

If no option is available in one or both menus, play with the compatibility options for Setup and see if you can get options to appear in the menus (this is apparently a common problem on Win8).

Do not attempt to run the game in full screen mode.

Both setup and the game itself should ALWAYS be run as administrator (ie, rightclick -> run as admin - it's not sufficient to be logged in on an admin account).

Hi, um, I went to the ragnarok folder, and ran set up as admin, but all it gives me is that set up when you start the game.... i'm way too confused.. Y_Y

#74 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

Hi, um, I went to the ragnarok folder, and ran set up as admin, but all it gives me is that set up when you start the game.... i'm way too confused.. Y_Y

Exactly. That error means that you don't have something selected in both the top two menus (one sets the rendering mode, and the other sets the resolution - and you can't init d3d without knowing those things) of setup, so that's what you should be looking at!

Check the top two dropdown menus, and make sure that something is selected in both of them.

If there are no options in one or both menu, play with compatibility settings on setup until it gives you options.

Edited by DrAzzy, 24 June 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#75 Jairyoku

Jairyoku

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

Okay, so I played with the compatiablity. and it works, awesome! but onething that bugs me is that... I want ot play this with full screen with res... so i don't have to squint my eye.... help with that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users