F2P getting contant nerfs - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

F2P getting contant nerfs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

#76 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

$7 a month is renter's insurance, and it's hard to justify spending money on a game indefinitely. Video games are not a utility like water or electricity. I mean I buy most my game's used, Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect 2, those are all under $10, why would I spend an indefinite amount of money on an inferior game, when I can spend a small amount of money once? I traded in about 8 games with the 30% trade-in bonus to get skyrim.

I just don't know where you people are coming from, we have record unemployment in this country, people are losing their homes in record numbers, and I see someone who spends $400 a month on Kafra Points. I have a pay as you go cell phone that works out to $4 a month, I don't drink coffee, I don't smoke, I buy one six pack a week, I don't rent (definitely don't buy) movies, I don't buy books, the library is your best friend when you're poor. If I had $7 a month to throw away on a videogame, it wouldn't be RO. I play RO because it's free, not because it's fun, but because it's free entertainment.

It just seems like people are really out of touch, like don't even know what's happening in their own country. You ask who doesn't have $7 a month to waste, probably people who lost their job and whose house was foreclosed on, who can't afford cable, or who only drive their car when it's absolutely necessary. People who eat a lot of ramen and eggs, whose cereal comes in dog food size bags. People that stopped celebrating Christmas because they have nothing to give.

You have to realize that there are very poor people in this country, and some of them are drawn to free videogames. I'm not complaining about the changes to the VIP/non-VIP balance, they gotta do what they gotta do, but stopped drooling in bewilderment when someone doesn't have money to throw away.

If you are too poor to pay $7 / month then maybe just MAYBE you should either be A: going back to school and not playing games or B: looking for a ( better ) Job instead of playing games. Period. End of story. It's not the PAYING members job to support and coddle free loaders. And yes, they would be freeloaders since they are sooooooo "poor" they can't afford $7 so won't be buying KP either.

#77 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

well all i can add to this u get what u pay for if u pay nothing u get nothing that how easy it is. Then taking up the point that you are poor and still want stuff for free well excuse me but cuz your poor does that mean i wanna make the ones working there ass off to make this game run get poor also ?? Mostly what I seen in allot of mmo´s that dies is they are free to play and often never get so many players that also use the cash shop making the game cost to much to run so in the end they have to close down the game. Let say we make RO completely f2p and seeing 5000 players play it and using cash shop I would bet you would not see update so often and if the server goes down it will take longer time to get it back up cuz of the reason they would make so little cash they can not affrod to have maybe one person working on the game. I my self play on Ymir and I use to see about 600-670 players playing on that server and I been thinking. If 600 players pay 10 dollars a month that would be about 72000 dollar per year in income I wonder my self if they did not have cash shop how would they even make it go round so u can pay all the expenses just to have the game up and running believe me it´s more expensive than 72000 a year to have a mmo up running.

If your not happy with f2p play and don´t plan to waste like 10 dollar 1 month then go play another f2p or don´t play at all. 10 dollar is not much skipp dirnking a few colas or skip that hamburger and eat some real food and you shall see u can afford 10 dollars. Im unemployed my self but still can afford 10 dollar it´s called setting your prioritize.

Man today's kids thinks they shall have everything for free.

last but not least I say it again u get what u pay for. If peoples asked me to work for free I would get rely pissed.

Not helpful in the least. It's not the responsibility of F2players to become P2players when they don't want to, it's the responsibility of management to make VIP something they want. And if you're unemployed and still have time to play MMOs, that means you're mooching just like the non-VIP players. Go work 2 jobs and then you tell me how valuable $10 is. If you don't have to work and someone's giving you so much money that you can afford to waste it on videogames, then you don't understand how valuable money is.

#78 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

If you are too poor to pay $7 / month then maybe just MAYBE you should either be A: going back to school and not playing games or B: looking for a ( better ) Job instead of playing games. Period. End of story. It's not the PAYING members job to support and coddle free loaders. And yes, they would be freeloaders since they are sooooooo "poor" they can't afford $7 so won't be buying KP either.

you do realize that some players on here are actually going to school and playing this on there free time... also they aren't called freeloaders if the game is free to play... they are just called complainers...

#79 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

What I do with my money is none of your concern.

#80 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

Well we could go back like it was back in the day, we had to pay 13.99 a month for normal exp and that was it. :thumb:

#81 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

Well we could go back like it was back in the day, we had to pay 13.99 a month for normal exp and that was it. :thumb:

many people want that well i dont think 13.99 a month considering you can play Star Wars for that much but heck id pay 7-9 dollars a month to have things go back to how it was.

#82 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

Yeah... now, if you choose, it's half that and you get perks. It's nice, really. And you can not pay and still access your characters unlike every other P2P MMO out there.

VIP needs perks to get people to use it. :/ Otherwise you just get a bunch of people, basically, freeloading. And that eats up resources. Resources covered by VIP and cash shop. And I doubt the cash shop alone would pay for everything to keep the game alive. Especially if more and more people decide to really F2P.

#83 Crim

Crim

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

Not helpful in the least. It's not the responsibility of F2players to become P2players when they don't want to, it's the responsibility of management to make VIP something they want. And if you're unemployed and still have time to play MMOs, that means you're mooching just like the non-VIP players. Go work 2 jobs and then you tell me how valuable $10 is. If you don't have to work and someone's giving you so much money that you can afford to waste it on videogames, then you don't understand how valuable money is.

Belive me I worked for over 8 years before so I have a total understanding off value of money. As I said it´s all about setting your priority. If u can afford to play games then don´t bloody play games why should stuff be free only cuz u can not afford it ?? if 10 dollar is to much to u then you clearly need to stop laying games altogether geesh. And if u need to work 2 jobs to even afford what every u waste your cash on then your clearly doing something wrong I had one job for 8 years and I never had money problem never and the reason I don´t have a problems even after getting unemployed is called Savings and something in my country we call A-kassa that gives me half my salary for 2 years so I can live and eat and try find a new job witch I hope I will do. So set your god damn priority if u can´t afford 10 dollar and have to play for free then don´t come here and complain on the benefits a paying person gets.

One thing I learned is, do I want something I save up for it simple as that.

Edited by Crim, 08 January 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#84 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

On the topic of the value of money, seriously, $7. That's a fast food meal. A snack and coffee. Those you consume and *poof* gone, nothing to show for it. It won't even get you a full tank of fuel. It's that little.

$7 gets you a month of perks in a game that, well, I hope you enjoy playing. That's a pretty decent value.

(Though you need to buy $10 of WPE since there's no $7 option lol)

#85 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

Belive me I worked for over 8 years before so I have a total understanding off value of money. As I said it´s all about setting your priority. If u can afford to play games then don´t bloody play games why should stuff be free only cuz u can not afford it ?? if 10 dollar is to much to u then you clearly need to stop laying games altogether geesh. And if u need to work 2 jobs to even afford what every u waste your cash on then your clearly doing something wrong I had one job for 8 years and I never had money problem never and the reason I don´t have a problems even after getting unemployed is called Savings and something in my country we call A-kassa that gives me half my salary for 2 years so I can live and eat and try find a new job witch I hope I will do. So set your god damn priority if u can´t afford 10 dollar and have to play for free then don´t come here and complain on the benefits a paying person gets.

THIS!

I worked since I was 12, I got up every morning and delivered newspapers around town before going to school. I was pretty much the only one in my school that bought their own car instead of having mommy and daddy pay for it - and it wasn't a junker like a lot of the others. I bought every single thing I own that is valuable: all the cars I have had, all the computers I have had, my college eductionS, my motorcycles / mopeds / dirtbikes / snowmobiles. And I have not had a 100% "steady" job in years, I only "work" about 6-7 months of the year, when I work I _WORK_, as in 14-16+ hour days and when I don't work I am smart enough to have savings.

If I didn't pay for VIP I would not complain about what I get for free. The people that are playing for 100% free are just mooching off the bandwidth that VIP and KP people are paying for.

#86 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

Ok...In AMERICA, you can be fired for absolutely no reason, unless you're a minority and then you can never be fired. In America the richest 1% of Americans have more money then the bottom half of the country combined. In America, the largest employer of Americans pays 10 cents more than minimum wage. Minimum wage is not a living wage. You can't get welfare if you have two jobs. If you work 80 hours a week with no vacations for minimum wage, you make about $30,000 a year after taxes. Don't comment on other countries economies and social disparities, you have no idea what you're talking about, absolutely no idea.

If I don't want to spend an indefinite amount of money on a 2nd tier MMO, that's my choice. If people couldn't play for free, then they wouldn't play for free. Telling F2players to pay or gtfo isn't going to make anyone pay.
People are just so dumb it disgusts me. I'm playing a f2p MMO, wtf are you whining about?

Edited by IronPlushy, 08 January 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#87 Crim

Crim

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

THIS!

I worked since I was 12, I got up every morning and delivered newspapers around town before going to school. I was pretty much the only one in my school that bought their own car instead of having mommy and daddy pay for it - and it wasn't a junker like a lot of the others. I bought every single thing I own that is valuable: all the cars I have had, all the computers I have had, my college eductionS, my motorcycles / mopeds / dirtbikes / snowmobiles. And I have not had a 100% "steady" job in years, I only "work" about 6-7 months of the year, when I work I _WORK_, as in 14-16+ hour days and when I don't work I am smart enough to have savings.

If I didn't pay for VIP I would not complain about what I get for free. The people that are playing for 100% free are just mooching off the bandwidth that VIP and KP people are paying for.

And that how it should be not everything in the world is free. If u want some thing u have to work or save for what u want. It is the same for me everything I ever owned sense I was 12 have I paid for my self I have saved cash or got summer job or handing out new papers. One other thing I can add is I rather spend 7-15 dollar playing a game to having fun with other peoples all over the world than spending does 7-15 dollar on candy or soda or alcohol or Junk food. For me it´s more important to play games have a fun time and get new friends than drinking my life away like allot of teenagers does today.

But as said if u want want to we a VIP player and 7-10 dollar is to much for u then u can save for it or cut of some other expenses so u can afford 7-10 dollar it´s all about priority. If u don´t wanna pay for it then u have to accept what u get simple as that can it not be.

People are just so dumb it disgusts me well I can say that my self. The fact is I dont care if u play for free or not I could care less what every u do. All im trying to say is if u play for free then u get what u get and should not complain on the stuff we who pay gets I never talked about u I talked about this topic and not about u I could careless about u.

Just bloody live with it u get stuff when u pay for it and u get less for free shall it be so f.ing hard to get that? Gessh nah I give up talking with peoples that has no understanding economy is like talking to a brick wall. Also I dont care about Amercias economy I did no put you in that situation instead of whining about money problem do something about it. If they government messed it all up then u know where to start.

Edited by Crim, 08 January 2012 - 09:10 PM.

#88 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

And that how it should be not everything in the world is free. If u want some thing u have to work or save for what u want. It is the same for me everything I ever owned sense I was 12 have I paid for my self I have saved cash or got summer job or handing out new papers. One other thing I can add is I rather spend 7-15 dollar playing a game to having fun with other peoples all over the world than spending does 7-15 dollar on candy or soda or alcohol or Junk food. For me it´s more important to play games have a fun time and get new friends than drinking my life away like allot of teenagers does today.

But as said if u want want to we a VIP player and 7-10 dollar is to much for u then u can save for it or cut of some other expenses so u can afford 7-10 dollar it´s all about priority. If u don´t wanna pay for it then u have to accept what u get simple as that can it not be.

Neither of you are making any sense. You two take some pride in wasting an indefinite amount of money on a video game. You are both bothered that I don't pay to play. While on the other hand I don't care that you have VIP, I really don't care. You two seem to think I care that you have these privileges. I would much rather have real money than anything in RO.

#89 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Eh, I just don't think it's bad to spend a little on something that's fun, that helps me chill after a long day. Also keeps me home instead of out spending even more money.

#90 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

all you whiners about freaking 7 dollars are pathetic and selfish. You can still play without paying. If you don't wanna pay that's fine, don't cry about it. I guess the staff at gravity hq should work for free while researching on cold fusion to run the server with energy pulled from the imaginary universe, just so you can load an extra burger or 2 to feed your lazy ass that can't give back 30 minutes of work time to play on a game you spend 6 hours a day on. Stop crying, seriously.

#91 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

all you whiners about freaking 7 dollars are pathetic and selfish. You can still play without paying. If you don't wanna pay that's fine, don't cry about it. I guess the staff at gravity hq should work for free while researching on cold fusion to run the server with energy pulled from the imaginary universe, just so you can load an extra burger or 2 to feed your lazy ass that can't give back 30 minutes of work time to play on a game you spend 6 hours a day on. Stop crying, seriously.

^

RO is a charity now I suppose. Give everything to people who doesn't pay a damn cent. You are able to play without paying anything. That is free to play. NOBODY is forcing you to pay for VIP benefits. That is your choice. This was not how it was back in the day, when it was 14 bucks a month or you COULD NOT PLAY.

Seriously, stop whining when you are getting something for free.

#92 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

I guess the staff at gravity hq should work for free while researching on cold fusion to run the server with energy pulled from the imaginary universe.

1000 times this
they should use the power of gravity to run the server. and then make flying boots so they can be like m.bison so they can say this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ

#93 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

They say an image speaks a thousand words.

This one certainly applies very aptly to the topic at hand.

Posted Image

#94 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

lol holy crap, as a normally vip user I was gonna agree until I saw that monsterously rude attack on VIP users - making me wonder if the op has a brain or not.

This, but it applies to all of RO, not just vip vs free players. It applies to kafra shop vs non kafra shop players, vip or otherwise.

i am sorry, but i think its the other way around? vips calling non-vips freeloaders, beggers and cheap?

#95 Pleasant007

Pleasant007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationWarp Portal Forum
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:12 AM

^
Hey, i thought you have quit already?

#96 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

This thread just reached the eighth circle of stupidity.
*looks for Virgil*

#97 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

first thing comes first i don't understand why ironplushy is complaining like if he dun pay vip he cannot play the game at all,it is still ftp just that they nerf the ftp players a bit only giving more pressure to ask ftp players purchasing vip.

it is not like oda is taking a knife on your neck and telling you either you pay vip or not play the game.you still can play the game for free just MORE hassle.

and if you say that you should not pay vip because you are jobless and have no money then you want oda and heim to be in your state as well?if you want that means u are selfish and i now know why nobody wants to hire you

and nobody replied my question to whether you all like this system where they are trying to force non-vip to pay for vip or you all like more cash shop items to destroy the economy?

i m quite sure that if they hit their target they will not put more cash shop items because who wants to overshoot their monthly /yearly target.this would just give them more more stress and the target will be pushed higher.

#98 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:27 AM

At least with kafra shop Gravity is making the money from the money spenders versus RMT's taking home the bacon.

#99 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:23 AM

I wish they buffed a little more the "reset stone users". It costs more than VIP in the long end, but for a little boost on gaming experience for non-vips. And don't come complaining "merry badger gives stones". For a beginner [someone unable to kill mvp] it takes 8 days of turnins to get the badges for one stone.

Maybe all those idea of nerfing non-vips should go to Ymir only, where in theory, "everybody buys vip". And on other servers, VIP being "omg the cool bonus" instead of "must have".

Like, why not extending the "lower range" of the turnin in 5 or 10 levels for VIP? So to make a 135~150 event the non-vip must be at least 135, the vip at least 130.

Or creating more turnins in another npc for VIPs only... Or new overlooks... I don't know, I think touching gramps this way was kinda mean.

An different example was the summoner. Since the beginning, everybody was supposed to know they would be restricted to VIPs one way or another. The turnins were supposed to be "free", but got constant nerfs and now it is something ridiculous that you "need" to pay if you want to level.

And everybody knows the "payers" were the ones getting 150 too fast. And other "payers" WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT. Then they nerfed it... for the non-payers. Wait this made no sense.

In my currency, $7 is around R$13 on today [used a currency change site right now]. R$13 for me is like, 6 days of lunch. So yeah, it kinda hurts for some countries. But it is possible to pay, just cut some costs on other places and yeah. But for some other countries, $7 is too much. That's why they get reset stones. Paying $1 or wasting 8 days in turnins to get the stone. So yeah, I think reset stone users need a buff, because they are still supporting the game, one way or another.

Anyways, everybody know VIP is not their main source of money, for some reason that we don't know yet [lies, it is because they love spamming lucky boxes every month]

Edited by asayuu, 09 January 2012 - 03:25 AM.

#100 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:19 AM

I would like to kindly point out that....

- non VIPs: That you gain a high or low income doesn't mean you must have nice things for free, the low income on X country isn't an argument to use, games are not a prime necessity if you are really needed of food and shelter.

- VIPs: You are getting nothing new. Is it really worth to defend your [nothing new] like a monkey saying you deserve and gained it, even if your [nothing new] gives you zero new benefits, actually makes your parties take more time recruiting, more time waiting, and indirectly lowers your gaming experience?

Because that is the problem. The changes of making turn ins less desirable for some players affect both VIPs and non VIPs, by giving you less people to party, and longer time forming parties. The decision to make TIs in remote places where some members of the party take a long time going to affects negatively both non VIP and VIP. Thus, the problem is that these changes which some people defend blindly, affect negatively everyone, while giving no benefit to anyone.

Nobody is against VIPs having more useful benefits. I mean, it would be cool if we had new benefits. I do remember a thread opened by heim looking for proposals for new VIP benefits, which was full of proposals, then promptly ignored and removed.

And seriously, the same argument of '7$ isn't that much' could be said about VIP users: we already get a permanent battle manual effect, bubble gum, food buffs, infinite WoE tele-scrolls, an inn outside every castle, summoner of MVPs and an extra dungeon together with other extra benefits. Isn't that enough to make those who want VIP decide to buy VIP? How many more users does anyone sincerely thinks this changes will decide to buy VIP now? Because if few to none new players subscribe, then there is no point in changes.

Edited by Kadnya, 09 January 2012 - 05:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users