Homunculus S questions - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus S questions

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#101 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

Weren't we talking TI level 1 (outside)?

Idk, outside seems pretty obcure with all the rock, trees, and other crap in the way.

#102 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

Wherever we go I think this will be some pretty horrid leveling. :X Is it just me or is the exp gain at 101 very depressing to watch?

I wish we had more control over how exp was shared between us. Like at the very least we had an option that could give them our job exp (or both? :D) when we kill kinda like they give us their base exp when they kill. Or vis versa we get all exp job and base when they kill. :P

Edited by Skotios, 26 January 2012 - 02:04 AM.

#103 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:44 AM

These things are not going to level quickly.

I think the good PVM one is the Bayeri, made out of a vani. Once he gets high enough to start throwing around the AoE, you'll be able to mob with him, with a 7-8k damage antimob skill! Unfortunately you don't get it until 138, so you're left with a 7-8k damage 1-shot skill... with a cast time. Still, it can be endowed holy, which should open up some obvious leveling grounds for 1-shotting.

#104 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:01 AM

Its is slow till they get AoE skills.

Thats why i recommend Attack Dancing for now. And Turtle Island 1 isnt too bad if you walk around i get 0.1% from every 2 kills. And i mean the map with Spring Rabbits.

Edited by Cubical, 26 January 2012 - 06:04 AM.

#105 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:46 AM

Btw i havent heard anyone talk about the fairy S class homu? Has anyone picked her up yet? I would like to know more about her.

#106 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:58 AM

ok so we'll try turtle island then.

#107 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

Okay since it seems like you guys did some testing I want to ask again. I have 99 evolved VANI and what are my options for next evolution? Which options would give me the optimal benefit? For what reason? Since vani is casting kind turning into a melee one would beat the purpose right?

#108 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:14 AM

Okay since it seems like you guys did some testing I want to ask again. I have 99 evolved VANI and what are my options for next evolution? Which options would give me the optimal benefit? For what reason? Since vani is casting kind turning into a melee one would beat the purpose right?

i went melee on my vani but i'm not sure if it's the right choice for you i run outta sp so fast using magic i was getting frustrated that's y i went melee.

#109 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

i went melee on my vani but i'm not sure if it's the right choice for you i run outta sp so fast using magic i was getting frustrated that's y i went melee.

and by melee which did you go?

#110 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

and by melee which did you go?

the cat one whatever that one's name is i forget

#111 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

btw i think ive noticed something with the old AzzyAI now. It seems like when a monster casts heal or aid pot the homu doesnt see it as a threat and leaves it alone. For example, i was killing a spring rabbit that got aid potted by a parameter. After the spring rabbit died my homu didnt even go after the parameter even when i was standing next to it. I had to attack it so that homu would start protecting me when the parameter attacked

#112 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

the cat one whatever that one's name is i forget

how do u like the cat one? i kinda wanted that one cuz of the looks haha. Is the melee one "bad" compared to the casters if u evolve from vani?

#113 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

how do u like the cat one? i kinda wanted that one cuz of the looks haha. Is the melee one "bad" compared to the casters if u evolve from vani?

she's not bad

#114 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

I have it and yeah i like it very much.
mine evolved from vani. Lots of SP while having balance of matk and physical.
Oh yea the tinderbox too. Nice miniature cursed circle lol.
and oh, it have mental charge too :P

But i dont really use it for regular fight since my gen is pure MVP build. She is really fast for eliminating those unrelated mob that following you while hunting the actual MVP.

Edited by razirazo, 26 January 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#115 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

For me I can see all of them being pretty cool (except for the Eira or whatever the butterfly one is) which is pretty good cause before I was vani onry lover (Liked flir to begin with but all the non working skills turned me off)

In the end I'm sure I will be very happy with Dieter but leveling him may be annoying =/

Edited by Skotios, 26 January 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#116 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

lvling anything is getting annoying we need more ppl turtle island ymir!

#117 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

hmm okay so now what AI do i use? since it seems like AI doesnt work when i evolved it

#118 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

No one seems to be answering my question...what is wrong with Eira (fairy s class)?

#119 Wateren

Wateren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSt. Croix
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

No one seems to be answering my question...what is wrong with Eira (fairy s class)?

* Eria's damage sucks. Bad. Skills were doing 4.5k (lvl 5) with 480 matk at lvl 150 for single target, and a pathetic 3.x k withe the area one. These'd do a little more damage with lvl 4 (neutral and higher damage %), but the fact is the damage is crap compared to other homuns. Cast times are AGONIZING! Ugh!

Various findings here:

http://forums.warppo...sting-findings/

Edited by Wateren, 26 January 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#120 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

btw i think ive noticed something with the old AzzyAI now. It seems like when a monster casts heal or aid pot the homu doesnt see it as a threat and leaves it alone. For example, i was killing a spring rabbit that got aid potted by a parameter. After the spring rabbit died my homu didnt even go after the parameter even when i was standing next to it. I had to attack it so that homu would start protecting me when the parameter attacked

Will investigate - This problem is probably not new, actually. I think it's a logic flaw in my anti-KS code. Will fix.

hmm okay so now what AI do i use? since it seems like AI doesnt work when i evolved it

There is no AI available at present, I'm working on an update to AzzyAI but have some patience.

Their skills do crap damage because homun matk formula still results in low matk - plus their cast times are really long. See my thread on AI board for a few numbers.

Edited by DrAzzy, 26 January 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#121 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

Well thats stupid...my vani is made to use magic spells (384 matk at lvl 97). The only other Homu S i liked (other than eira) is elenor, but my homus regular attack is around 126 or something like that.

#122 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

Well thats stupid...my vani is made to use magic spells (384 matk at lvl 97). The only other Homu S i liked (other than eira) is elenor, but my homus regular attack is around 126 or something like that.

hmmm?
how can? Mine has average 370 melee.

#123 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

hmmm?
how can? Mine has average 370 melee.

I jus made the cat from my vani and it does around 370 also but aspd is like.. slower than my novice. Where can i lvl it at 99?

Edited by Yoozie, 26 January 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#124 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

I jus made the cat from my vani and it does around 370 also but aspd is like.. slower than my novice. Where can i lvl it at 99?

haha.. it looks slow because bolts wont autocasting.
hmm.. I usually afk lvling in ground petites.
well that was all before the homunc flee mess.
yeah homunc was so much win back then, tanking and mobbing dozens of earth petite, and sidewinder, and mantis like a boss while I just sit and watch.

#125 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

mine is still a vani not a cat....he has like 126 atk, 384matk, 390 def, 176 aspd all at lvl 97

I cant really check the exact attack so i could be wrong

Edited by CheddarJack, 26 January 2012 - 12:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users