Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:38 AM

I'm assuming the bug that causes you to have to reset sound options, chat window options, etc. will be fixed when they give us the updated main download.

#152 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

Battle mode Sera, turn Q-P, and A-; into hotkeys aswell.

Yeah, I know, but like... there's only so many hotkeys that I can reasonably hit with one hand, and I need to use my other hand to move my mouse around.
I could very easily hotkey all four main rows of hotkeys with reasonably useful things and still forget something.

With Battle Mode, I can use about 12 keys with my left hand without moving my hand:
Q, W, E, R
A, S, D, F
Z, X, C, V

I can also hotkey some more primary things to keys that stand out, like space bar.

I can also hotkey some other things that don't get used very often to random other keys.
M for butterfly wings for example.

But for the sake of demonstration, let's say I have 15 available spots to hotkey stuff I'll use.

1. Hover
2. Backslide
3. Front Slide
4. Cold Slower
5. Flame Thrower
6. Neutral Barrier
7. Stealth Field
8. Magnetic Barrier
9. Suicidal Destruction
10. Arm Cannon level 1
11. Arm Cannon level 3
12. Infrared Scan
13. Slims
14. Blues
15. Bwings
16. Weapon Repair
17. Berserk Potion
18. AR/AAR
19. Max Power Thrust
20. Meltdown

If you add in gear-switching and the new genetic consumables, as well as any kafra shop consumables I may choose to use, how in seven hells am I even supposed to play this character?

#153 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:00 PM

I think you're gonna have to move your left hand a bit. :unsure:

#154 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

I've tried playing as a HSCR build, but I pretty much just get :unsure: when I run into Howling of Mandragora.

I really can't figure out how I'm supposed to be good at this game anymore unless I'm playing a Genetic.

#155 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:24 PM

I'm kinda hoping they make howling do like... double or triple the base fixed cast time of a skill instead of a flat+3 seconds on everything. It seems really OP, havn't gotten to play against it much tho.

#156 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:27 PM

HSCR with a cast time is really fail.

#157 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

HSCR with a cast time is really fail.

wut?

HSCR have now cast? Then sonic blow have 5 seconds fixed cast, right?

Oh, hell... Gravity... wake up! >_<

#158 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

No, I was talking about Howling of Mandragora messing up skills that simply don't work with cast times.

There needs to be some balance on it, like what Viri said.

#159 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

Damn, if this thing works on skills that don't even use cast times.........

Well, tbh, it could probably add a .5 sec uninteruptible cast like how bowling bash is. Maaaaaybeee......

#160 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:24 AM

Ok here's my + imput
1)Love the sprite design, especially the minstrel with his job quest hat!
2)Love the map changes every 5~10 levels, in pre-Renewal we were stuck on maybe 3 maps ever
3)Love the new training grounds
a)The "put your mouse here to do this" with cute drawings is a great touch/guide
b)The "try out this class+skills in training grounds" is also an awesome improvement
4)Love 95% of new skills, they really add diversity and depth (like dragon breath, shadow form, change:buffs) to classes that normally didn't have good/any skills quite like it.
5)Love the new find a party system

And here's my - imput
1) Hate how I haven't seen any advertising; Maybe I've missed it, though I haven't seen any adds on magazines, websites, or heard of any booths and anime/game conventions (prime market right there!).
2) Hate how the release date coincides with World of Warcrafts new expansion cataclysm. Just heavy heavy competition/advertising for RO. If the release were sooner or later then then WoW's update, that'd be more effective.
3) Hate how low monster HP is; leveling fast is cool though almost every class can easily drop monsters in less than 2 seconds. This feels a little tooo short of a fight on average.
4) Hate the impossible/infinate pvp abuse loops & Over powered attacks
a)Warlock: Can cast white imprison, then gravitational field and keep a player trapped indefinately until killed.
b)Sura: Hells Gate one shots 95% of classes/players, and only RG/AB/Sorc/Sura have a means to block this. Other classes simply die if they aren't baby sat by an pnuema class ->We're not playing a FPS game, this makes it feel like one. My suggestion is to change the way the damage occurs. Make it 7 seperate hits instead of one hit with 7 numbers to hide the massive damage it's doing. This way defense can further reduce it (like how double strafe is reduced this way). And it also allows for higher triggering of the Errand Eccabee/auto pneuma card.
c)Sura: Cursed Circle with Snap- It's virtually impossible to escape. Once caught your either dead to G.Fist or pinned so anyone else can kill you. My suggestion is to make it only inhibit movement, or to make it a single target effect.
d)Genetic: Howling mandragora's screen wide effect REALLY takes the fun away from too many people at once. I'd suggest it being a single target skill.
f)Minstrel/Wanderer/Sorcerer: Deep sleep & Saturday Night Fever- With no way status way, or card means to avoid this it's extremely powerful. This immobilization debuff works on an unlimited number of parties as well. My suggestion is having some status way, some card way, and a number of people way to counter Deep Sleep. Like if you have 100 luck deep sleep only works 20% of the time, instead of 90~100% of the time.
g)Shadow Chaser: Manhole, then put ranger traps down, then shadow form and walk over traps. This means if your caught in a quick aoe trap, your dead. I suggest removing the 'traps do damage' to the shadow chaser in shadowform portion.
6) Hate the difficulty of cordinated pvp defense. This I think is one of the main selling points for RO WoE/Usrc. Magnetic Earth is bad for large/mass pvp now since it still allows for Hells gate, Dragon breath, and Earth Strain to hit it's targets. The other main defenses include pneuma & magnetic field. Both of these are too small for normal pvp. I suggest making them larger with a longer duration. If players have to be within the 3 cell effective range of these, then that makes them easy prey to Deep Sleep and Cursed Circle-which foregoes the point of having a strategic defense. Also if magnetic earth could be changed to block at least earth strain, or to allow pneuma to be put on it, that would return it to usefulness.

Well that's my 2cents (and 10 pages!)

Edited by Rumm, 25 September 2010 - 05:30 AM.

#161 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:27 AM

I sincerely hope some skills are considered for rebalancing before renewal even touches the main servers.

I'm not talking about 'strong' skills and 'weak' skills, like Clashing and Hell's Gate doing a lot of damage, there will always be skills that do a lot of damage, and there will always be skills that don't do much damage.

The ones I hope get rebalanced are ones which players cannot counter in any reasonable way. All of the 'lock the player until they are dead' combinations, skills like howling of mandragora which make it so the user is impossible to kill, and the skills that make the player sit like Moon Slasher and Item Sling, slimply because, again, it's a completely disabling status effect that the player can do nothing to resist.

#162 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:16 AM

I feel many improvements given to renewal could have simply been given to the old RO system. Not that I'm saying these improvements are bad or not worthy of noting, just... people shouldn't directly attribute them to renewal and think such things are impossible without it.

a)The "put your mouse here to do this" with cute drawings is a great touch/guide
b)The "try out this class+skills in training grounds" is also an awesome improvement

These features, I've seen on the official arab RO, and they are just barely around getting 2-2 classes. >.>

This could have been given to old RO. As well as the new interface, autobuying, and other new features...

#163 Tyre

Tyre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:15 AM

I feel many improvements given to renewal could have simply been given to the old RO system. Not that I'm saying these improvements are bad or not worthy of noting, just... people shouldn't directly attribute them to renewal and think such things are impossible without it.

These features, I've seen on the official arab RO, and they are just barely around getting 2-2 classes. >.>

This could have been given to old RO. As well as the new interface, autobuying, and other new features...

Lol, for a minute there I actually thought you took the challange and started to play the renewal server before you made any more illinformed judgements on it... but no. True those could be implimented without renewal... and that wasn't even half of what was in the post you cut up? I gotta wonder if you work for Fox News...

Why are you hating on renewal so much? Did renewal run over your puppy or something?

I'm also not trying to be rude (though I think I'm coming off that way a lot today)... but seriously, why don't you go try out the Renewal stuff before you make all these judgements and comments about how bad it is?

Edited by Tyre, 26 September 2010 - 05:19 AM.

#164 Seraphiel

Seraphiel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:34 AM

In my opinion, renewal was needed, and it was introduced to the game pretty well. There are some issues which need to be fixed, but all in all it is a step ahead. Like it or not, RO with renewal is a better game. The only problem is the PvP imbalance, and it needs to be addressed. We can't wait for GravityKR, it seems they are focused more on developing new episodes rather than balancing the game... We know the bugs, we know weak and overpowered skills and jobs, we also know what we do not like about RO; what is standing against fixing and balancing it? Come on GravityUS, make a move, it will only make the game better. Even those new crappy Asian mmos are balanced in terms of jobs and skills, and RO has been out for years...

#165 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

Lol, for a minute there I actually thought you took the challange and started to play the renewal server before you made any more illinformed judgements on it... but no. True those could be implimented without renewal... and that wasn't even half of what was in the post you cut up? I gotta wonder if you work for Fox News...

Why are you hating on renewal so much? Did renewal run over your puppy or something?

I'm also not trying to be rude (though I think I'm coming off that way a lot today)... but seriously, why don't you go try out the Renewal stuff before you make all these judgements and comments about how bad it is?

Right. All the reports I have heard even BEFORE renewal news was even brought here? They were all true. And everything everyone has said has done nothing but confirm them. There are a few things I do not know like exactly how attack speed formula works, hidden bonuses in damage formulas or something, but overall, THOSE things don't seem to matter.

Seriously, why don't you go through a concentration camp before you tell people how bad the Holocaust was? Oooooh, see the point is, when personal testimony + other facts pound on the same details over and over again, you kind of accept them without having to actually experience it yourself.

#166 Tyre

Tyre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

Right. All the reports I have heard even BEFORE renewal news was even brought here? They were all true. And everything everyone has said has done nothing but confirm them. There are a few things I do not know like exactly how attack speed formula works, hidden bonuses in damage formulas or something, but overall, THOSE things don't seem to matter.

Seriously, why don't you go through a concentration camp before you tell people how bad the Holocaust was? Oooooh, see the point is, when personal testimony + other facts pound on the same details over and over again, you kind of accept them without having to actually experience it yourself.

I like LOVE the comparison to the Holocaust xD! Awesome touch~ And you know whats great? You really will never know how bad it was if you didn't go through it! So I take it that means you agree with me then? In that people can't know till they go through it, and thus are less qualified to provide information on it as opposed to those who have gone through it? I'm not interested in a flame war in a potentialy helpful thread though~ Sorry :unsure:?

But if you have something constructive that you have an issue with, please do post it. And if it's not something you know for a fact, please don't treat it as one~ If you'd like to ask a reasonable question about this issue or that feel free to PM me or write it somewhere :(

#167 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:22 AM

One of the rules of the internet is that every argument will always eventually involve Hitler or the Holocaust. I'm super srs gaiz.

#168 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

I like LOVE the comparison to the Holocaust xD! Awesome touch~ And you know whats great? You really will never know how bad it was if you didn't go through it! So I take it that means you agree with me then? In that people can't know till they go through it, and thus are less qualified to provide information on it as opposed to those who have gone through it? I'm not interested in a flame war in a potentialy helpful thread though~ Sorry :unsure:?

But if you have something constructive that you have an issue with, please do post it. And if it's not something you know for a fact, please don't treat it as one~ If you'd like to ask a reasonable question about this issue or that feel free to PM me or write it somewhere :(

Alright how about this. There are germs and microbes on EVERYTHING. People do not see it or experience this, but if you are learned in any ways of science, you KNOW it's true. The surface of the sun is millions of degrees hot. No one ever had to go directly up to it and "feel" it. They would be dead. See, it's possible to know something, even though you never had a direct experience with it.

See your bolded text? Is it just me or do you "prove" MY point? :(

Sorry about the "holocaust" and "hitler" references gaiz. Some jerk mentioned fox news and it was the only example I thought of at the time!

#169 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

For me, Renewal symbolizes the coming of the Anti-Christ.

#170 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

This thread got derailed, big time.

#171 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:22 PM

Yeah, the differences in rail sizings was one of the reasons Hitler struggled on the Eastern front.

#172 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

Crap. Successful troll is successful? :p_err:

But really, it's not like there's much you can give to renewal constructively besides "DON'T DO IT!!!". The client stuff with new features was, however, something constructive as a whole gravity could think about? >.>

But who cares. This isn't a "give us constructive criticism of Renewal" thread...

#173 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:40 AM

Crap. Successful troll is successful? :p_err:

If you're talking about Sera's posts, yes. If you're talking about yours, no.

Back on topic. General feelings about renewal.
In general I have many gripes with renewal and hate it. I love some of the interface additions (party booking, user-mapped shortcuts, saved client settings LUA file etc) but hate a few (redesigned alt+a menu, combined eq and status window, unable to toggle which row of your bar is being used by the F1-9 keys). Its a mixed back of good and bad. Really not what the game needs. It needs a bag of good.

Edited by Jaye, 27 September 2010 - 03:42 AM.

#174 Tyre

Tyre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:19 PM

Alright how about this. There are germs and microbes on EVERYTHING. People do not see it or experience this, but if you are learned in any ways of science, you KNOW it's true. The surface of the sun is millions of degrees hot. No one ever had to go directly up to it and "feel" it. They would be dead. See, it's possible to know something, even though you never had a direct experience with it.

See your bolded text? Is it just me or do you "prove" MY point? :p_err:

Sorry about the "holocaust" and "hitler" references gaiz. Some jerk mentioned fox news and it was the only example I thought of at the time!

Still not interested in some little tit for tat thing for the most part, but this really was too funny xD. You've never experianced microbes and germs nor felt the warmth/heat of the sun? You are rather sheltered I must say =x...

If your point was that you can't really know something unless you try it (or been through it) then, my friend, you and I have the same point, and that leads to people who don't know should probably not try to offer their opinion (based on hearsay) as facts that they know to be true. Thank you, I guess since we are on the same track we can stop disrupting a reasonable thread :<?

For Jaye, yeah... The alt Q got me, and now you can't even change sound without hitting esc... which means you have to close all your other windows first? (I just realized alt x might do the trick... but it's been too long of a day to test it right now x.x). The 4 rows of quick keys I thought was nice... but then I'm used to using /bm almost all the time, so I haven't really been using the f-keys for a while... I guess I can see how that'd be anoying =\.

Personally I like renewal more than hate it. Mostly because it makes leveling a lot easier (though it seems to make players OP in PvM... it might just be the characters I've been making.. mostly only actually worked on RG and Ranger... a little time on SinX) and parties a little more likely (though it's hard to tell such a thing without a 'full' comunity... if you can call iRO's comunity 'full' :<...). Also, for the most part it seems like a guild is going to have to actually break a precast and fight off the defenders before they can just ninja the emp (it's been at least a year since I WoE'd seriously though... so I don't know how much of an issue it has been recently with a sinx with GR/GTB/2x Meg speed potting through and breaking the emp in 2 seconds). The mechanics are somewhat different... but not unreasonable (kind of reminds me of way back when, before Comodo and such... insta-cast was not even a dream for the average player, str of 130 was nearly unfathomable too! It's just... well sorta interesting... maybe I just have too fond of memories of 'the good old days' ^^)

#175 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

If your point was you cannot read and only hear what you want to hear, thank you, you also prove my point. :) Well, no, if you need it spelled out for you, that ISN'T your point, but more like what can be inferred from your joke of a possible troll post.

Also, I would agree that the ALT Q thing + not having ALT O anymore is annoying, but if you were so concerned about not being able to level up easier... in fact, having a much easier time overall, I think you would have liked unofficial servers. :p_err: I could also point out that unless you tried grinding the whole level 140-150, there is no way you could truly know how "easy" it was to level. Seems like everyone just comments on how "easy" it was at level 98, but forget that the really difficult grindy parts were postponed till ... you know. Near the NEW base level cap.

Also, I am not sure if speedpotting to the emp anymore will work either. It will be completely impossible if using a speedpot has a 3 second cast time due to howling of mandragora. :( It makes bwings have a cast time. >.> Obviously broken skill is broken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users