Discuss Lack of Balance Patch Feedback - Page 3 - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Discuss Lack of Balance Patch Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
195 replies to this topic

#51 sono405

sono405

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

sura's r just fine,u just needchow to defeat them....

a sura can never kill a rg,he/she wil end up killing him/herself due to insane reflect
a gx with 193 aspd can easily hitlock a sura,he cant even snap out of it n spamming pots will b futile
a db knight is a vit class with all vit gears,landing to 60k+ hp...a sura cant one shot him with goh.....can thus dying as a result
a ranger can easily 2 shot a sura in woe with their insanely op arrow storm
a shadow chaser can irritate a sura so much that he may quit playing sura the next day
a genetic can effectively use mandagora bowling to tottally nerf sura's
a mechanic can probablh two a sura

u guys stop complaining n try to learn playing ur class!!

um a couple points I'd like to point out
vs RK you can spam GOH
rangers are not powerful in woe, I've yet to encounter a trapper but so far...no
if i remember correctly you can ruwach shadow formation, if not then you can snap the req 10 cells out and in easily then CC

what I've noticed is magic classes aren't even in this thread at all.
true they can potentially be badass and I've seen good players use them. but it requires waay to much for for even decent damage.
I've yet to see arrullo work, fire walk is nothing more than a replacement for firewall
extreme vacuum lasts for about 2 seconds instead of 16
dispell doesn't actually dispell, its fine but i wish there was a sorc buff that makes it dispell everything, that's the point right?
poison burst lvl 1 is the only lvl I tested and it did 10k on an RG however it took 3 casts of KC and the poison status only lasted half a second. for some reason KC can be reflected?
DD status lasts for only a couple seconds
insignias are decent but it takes so many skills points.
summons are fine but they don't last at all and their damage is laughable, why not make them like homunculous?
also they become so expensive @#@ probably just as expensive as the blue pots a sura uses

I don't think the sorcs need a buff in damage, maybe fix the way magic is calculated (which in the end will boost damage anyways)
but I would like to see increase in duration of status effects and skills ie arullo, EV and crystal. so they mean something
I would also like to see battle sorcs but its nerf on nerf on nerf for them sadly

same for warlocks the ice skills aren't that great anymore since it got nerfed and why did it get nerfed? why did any of the magic users get nerfed.
An update on skills would also be nice, I reset so many times to test out these skills myself on different classes

#52 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

You know with eggyra shoes and keeping up mag and decent int, you won't run out of SP even at low levels?

mag for the win!

#53 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Just make a sura so you wont complain about suras being OP, then youll realize it takes good gears to be OP so youll do everything to cure all your weakness when using a sura, then later on, youll realize that its the same when you use a diffrent class, you will always do everything to get stronger and people will always complain that your character is OP, but no, the character is not the reason, the reason is YOU.

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

Just make a sura so you wont complain about suras being OP, then youll realize it takes good gears to be OP so youll do everything to cure all your weakness when using a sura, then later on, youll realize that its the same when you use a diffrent class, you will always do everything to get stronger and people will always complain that your character is OP, but no, the character is not the reason, the reason is YOU.

I have one and access to 2 150 suras (hence how I don't level mine)

The power difference between putting god items / mvp cards on a sura and then say... a GX don't even compare.

#55 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

I challenge you to use a Wanderer with godly equips and compare it to a sura with no equips & tell me if it is truly the gears that make the class op and not the class itself ^^.

#56 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Look we all know sura needs to be nerfed one way of the other instead of giving out reasons why it has to be nerfed or not talk about what has to be nerfed and why
also let's try talk about that in here http://forums.warppo...ce-sura-in-woe/

#57 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

If Gate of Hell was actually a ranged attack and thus blocked by Pneuma people would probably complain a lot less.
- To my knowledge Gate of Hell is not blocked by Pneuma despite having like 9 cells of range, it isn't ranged or something
- Gate of Hell could also have roughly .1 to .2 fixed cast time at Level 10, Guillotine Fist is a lot longer (or at least it feels like it) but has good payout. .1 or .2 would still allow it to be able to kill efficiently (we have other threatening skills having much more) but allows (diligent) players to potentially prepare against a critical HP, decked out Gate of Hell.

If Snap had its current effects (cooldown/etc) now but altered to not bypass mobility issues in PvP/WoE (Fiber Lock/traps/etc) people would be happy.
- Snap's increased mobility isn't the issue. Geneticists don't need speed pots due to a must-have skill for them, why don't people complain about that? They don't.
- Mado Mechanics have Front and Back Slide. Doesn't require clicking in spots either, which already makes it faster. Snap will eventually fall due to lag.

Guillotine Fist... no comment, overnerfed.

Also did I seriously see someone say Tiger Cannon is the best (and most "cost efficient") AoE for PvM, ungodded? Even godded, don't think so. Although one-shotting Scarabs is nice for any class, it's far from the most cost efficient or strongest AoE.

There's another thing to realize though, in ANY competitive environment, there is always better characters or bad match-ups. In PvM they're actually laughably underpowered, and MvPing they're only good if you pay a ton. I hope the gears I pay for, or work for are going to help me!

Still, there's been people that say they'll complain about Sura's for the sake of doing so. Not everyone can be pleased.

#58 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

This game will never be balanced.

#59 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

I pretty much agree with this statement

#60 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

I don't think that's a reason to just give up. General history is littered with examples of things that took a long time to change but they did eventually change simply because people didn't give up on the idea.

#61 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

so true so true.....

#62 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

I don't think that's a reason to just give up. General history is littered with examples of things that took a long time to change but they did eventually change simply because people didn't give up on the idea.

We should at least get some kind of update from the GM's about it. Leaving the general community in the dark literally means we all have to assume they are either giving up or not even going to caring about it.

#63 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

The thing I find the funniest is how the community were silenced by a false sense of security that the GM's gave them regarding this balance patch.
"Everything was gonna be better once the balance patch was put in."
People paid their subscriptions for the next 6 months while the patch got delayed and delayed over and over, and then when It finally gets here.. its a disaster.

Honestly that was the last straw for me. Not the fact that the patch was a disappointment, but that management hyped it so much when they knew it was going to be terrible, purely to suck people in for a few more months of subscriptions.

That's why I can't believe any thing they say from now on, they will just sugar coat everything to suck a few more dollars out of the hanger-ons. (I'm still a hanger-on, because I love the potential of RO - but I'll watch from the sidelines until things get better)

That's why I hold so much distrust and animosity towards the staff, both here and overseas. After so much disappointment and repeated failures, I just can't give them the benefit of the doubt anymore. They've let me down too much for me to trust a word any of them say. Nowadays whenever they're promising us better gameplay I naturally assume they're just talking out of their asses.

#64 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Take your own advice, we're not the ones that can change the game.

#65 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

I challenge you to use a Wanderer with godly equips and compare it to a sura with no equips & tell me if it is truly the gears that make the class op and not the class itself ^^.

Sure, a wanderer with godly equip agaisnt a no equip character? wanderer win

Cmon now, its not that easy to have godly equips and thats a fact,
sura is not only the main reason here, disadvantage and advantages will always be present.. do you want to take out all the jobs and have novice characters only?? That would be balance right? I mean, if you want to nerf sura then nerf every class equal to performers.
Instead of focusing on how to defeat your oponents you cry and complain(not literaly Riatuka) here on forums and ask to nerf this nerf that under your favor. Cmon, its like your co-worker telling smack stories about you to your boss(hate those kind of person -_-)

If you cant beat them, and your lazy to go around them, then just join them.

Edited by frankSG07, 25 March 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#66 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

She can't change the game either maybe try again this time chose someone who can.

#67 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

We don't want 90% Suras in WoE. But with kRO making RETARDED balance changes, it's heading that way. The game should be more about teamwork, not just having a 1-shot skill and determining who has the fastest reflexes..... That's the -_-tiest way to play an MMORPG.

#68 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

There's something wrong when it takes more than 1 class to take down a certain class. There's also something wrong when a certain class has almost no useful roles at all. *cough* Wanderer

Does anyone have a good counter to Cursed Circle yet by the way?

Edited by GuardianTK, 25 March 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#69 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

Pretty sure it says Volunteer next to my name, not staff.

We should at least get some kind of update from the GM's about it. Leaving the general community in the dark literally means we all have to assume they are either giving up or not even going to caring about it.

I'll make a note on Monday to find something out. Mainly all I've been hearing is security updates coming down the pipeline as its an overdue update. But thats only because they wanted our changes and updates to nospam and a few other enhancements we did.

Edited by Inubashiri, 25 March 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#70 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

sura is not only the main reason here, disadvantage and advantages will always be present.. do you want to take out all the jobs and have novice characters only?? That would be balance right? I mean, if you want to nerf sura then nerf every class equal to performers.
Instead of focusing on how to defeat your oponents you cry and complain(not literaly Riatuka) here on forums and ask to nerf this nerf that under your favor. Cmon, its like your co-worker telling smack stories about you to your boss(hate those kind of person -_-)

Video or it did not happened! A wanderer can't beat a sura because nothing works on the sura. Not because the sura is overpowered. But because no wanderer skills actually WORK in the game. 2~3 gate of hell on the speed they are spammed and the wanderer is gone. Ghostring is not a god item after all. The wanderer can win if the sura is totally naked, but if the sura is using at least eden gear, he already can win, but it's more because of the role difference. Sura is made to kill, and wanderer is made to support/disable... or at least try. Same thing as wanting to send a Shadow Chaser to kill the sura. Without Shadow Formation.

As defeating does not mean only "killing on pvp". Sometimes a heavy disable is worse than killing [pre-balance manhole anyone?]

Let's see if kRO fixes the bugs first [like DSL reduction on int, GoH/DB/CC/SD's "ignore reduction" property] then we check if the game is balanced. For me there is no problem on the sura oneshotting, they have a decent cost to do it, both to gear and to fund, but except for Gate of Hell and Cursed Circle's extreme properties, most stuff is okay.

The problem is the other classes that need the double of the cost to get equal to the sura, or some even can't reach close. Maybe that's why people like pre-renewal so much. Even the level 60 dancer had some use, unlike now that even on 150, a wanderer is useless.

#71 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

I'll make a note on Monday to find something out. Mainly all I've been hearing is security updates coming down the pipeline as its an overdue update. But thats only because they wanted our changes and updates to nospam and a few other enhancements we did.

Please do.

#72 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Magic classes are pretty balanced...TV one shots practically everything in WoE

and...

Rangers cannot 2 shot a sura rofl...most suras have +10 and up kvm's, upgraded immune shields, 45k hp etc..

My ranger even with possibly the best set you can think of without a thanatos or SS card can do MAX 15k on that same sura in WoE...oh and btw unless you forgot AS has like a 3 second cool down. More than enough to pop a ygg or spam some whites.

With regards to sura's...Yes a nerf needs to happen. There are just too many 150 sura's in WoE atm it's getting rediculous lol

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Pretty sure that a wanderer with a brynhild, asprika, 2x brisingamen and a sleipnir will die to CC/fist or CC GOH from a non god itemed sura - just the same as a wanderer without.

I mean, what is the wanderer going to do? Hope DSL works before the sura instantly snaps and CCs? Cast rainstorm and pray the sura doesn't pot? God items do NOT secure a win for any class. Half the time, they actually make the character more vunerable.

#74 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Magic classes are pretty balanced...TV one shots practically everything in WoE

and...

Rangers cannot 2 shot a sura rofl...most suras have +10 and up kvm's, upgraded immune shields, 45k hp etc..

My ranger even with possibly the best set you can think of without a thanatos or SS card can do MAX 15k on that same sura in WoE...oh and btw unless you forgot AS has like a 3 second cool down. More than enough to pop a ygg or spam some whites.

With regards to sura's...Yes a nerf needs to happen. There are just too many 150 sura's in WoE atm it's getting rediculous lol

Did you try Elemental Converters with Elven Arrows and Elven Bow?

#75 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

@frankSG07

Sorry I don't choose poorly designed classes ^^.

Edited by Riakuta, 25 March 2012 - 06:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users