Game Arena - Update 4/18 - Page 7 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Game Arena - Update 4/18

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#151 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

Champs are so good at gaining points because your points rely on the amount of health and damage inflicted, taking damage (as far as i know, i could be wrong) hardly or doesn't give points.
Therefore the champion class, having the best damage output existant gains points really easily (look at mugo's scoreboard with the champ with 1.6m total damage dealt).

#152 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

Champs are so good at gaining points because your points rely on the amount of health and damage inflicted, taking damage (as far as i know, i could be wrong) hardly or doesn't give points.
Therefore the champion class, having the best damage output existant gains points really easily (look at mugo's scoreboard with the champ with 1.6m total damage dealt).

Yeah, true, I used champ to join 2 games tonight, my champ just went in and aoe around the crystal, nothing else, but managed to get 100 and 75 points each as an attacker, a good owning honor point machine! :-)

#153 enzomilano

enzomilano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

the client crash after the respawn countdown ends, what do i need to do??

#154 mugo

mugo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

the client crash after the respawn countdown ends, what do i need to do??

Teleporting mass amount players could've take a toll on your system, the very same thing happened when uw starts and maybe at end of it with lower chances. Though I could be wrong since maybe you got a quad gpus in sli mode with main mem in double digits gig then it's must've been a clash between the client's scripts and your system.

I don't recall this ROSE online is NVidia's or AMD's certified game but I've tried Nvidia's 240 GT with Nvidia's certified game Neverwinter Night 2 and the game crashed despite the card is Nvidia's reference design driven by the company's own software.

==

As for the damage dealt by the champ, I am again green as I went all out there, stop hitting only because I was stunned. Heck there were times I had to fight with only mspd buff on because all the clerics were busy healing. I thought wrong on buff pots, spending millions buying them thinking I can use it in cd to compensate the lack of cleric supports. It's on me tho for not joining the test runs but yea I did say "Now this's stupid, how can I go on like this. Dealing 100+ damage to those fat hard asses. What a joke". Demoralizing but bit better than having your spawn area camped by point hoarders.

#155 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

The defenders are at a disadvantage for both winning and gaining points. Most of that damage done is likely dealt to the crystals.

#156 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

The defenders are at a disadvantage for both winning and gaining points. Most of that damage done is likely dealt to the crystals.

In that case, it varies.
Defender as cleric would be better for gaining points, and when you're a fighter attacker would be better.

#157 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

Still hard to get points when you are getting raped the whole time. Just my experience of playing in playing maybe 10 crystal defenders where the defenders won once.

#158 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

It is true that defender is at a disadvantage, first game I played we controlled dusk crystal all the time, always pushed them back.. yet the crystal only had 1% hp left in the end, even though we owned them all the time.
And let's say cleric is easy to gain points with in general, I managed to get 55 points on mine, lvl 205, unrefined gears and I never used her for anything but buffing lol.

Edited by jerremy, 26 April 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#159 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

It is true that defender is at a disadvantage

I like defender side, once they failed to push in. We will push to their spawn and have a party there... Yeah, I'm so evil I know that.. :p_laugh:

#160 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

So.. sometimes when I heal(and I know others who have the problem running around) I get stuck inside of walls as I follow characters and they turn around corners before I get to them.. Today in CD I got stuck in the bottom portion of one of the buildings on the corner.. and and was stuck there for almost half the game--I asked my team to be carted..and got nothing, but cant blame them they were busy spawn killing..So it was a while before someone from the other team got close enough to be able to attack me safely---

Basically.. I think there should be a way we can force respawn ourselves.. Because that blew. I can't relog because I probably lose my points and there is no guarantee that I get back on the same side, or back in the game at all.. In UW I could relog if I couldn't find some assistance..and all was dandy in a minute when I logged back in.

#161 Zjuu

Zjuu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:draco / leo

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:25 AM

that buff glitch/bugg is probably the most annoying.

#162 Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

Stacking inside the crystal is annoying, can't fight that.

#163 enzomilano

enzomilano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Stacking inside the crystal is annoying, can't fight that.

i get stuck on the wall of the buildings there lol there's some serious visual bug. other people i see just pass through the walls and when i chase them, i get stuck on the wall literally haha

#164 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

Genesis - Can you please post (again) how points are distributed. Alot of people are saying that it has changed since your first post. As defenders, do we get points for all the crystals that remain standing? As attackers do we get points for crystals that we destroy? Do we get points as a group for winning? How much more points do we get for defending or attacking near the crystal? Away from the crystal? How are group points awarded?

Every war I go into I hear a mix of how points are distributed when people see their scores at the end. It would be really helpful to know the facts. Thanks.

#165 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:00 AM

Genesis - Can you please post (again) how points are distributed. Alot of people are saying that it has changed since your first post. As defenders, do we get points for all the crystals that remain standing? As attackers do we get points for crystals that we destroy? Do we get points as a group for winning? How much more points do we get for defending or attacking near the crystal? Away from the crystal? How are group points awarded?

Every war I go into I hear a mix of how points are distributed when people see their scores at the end. It would be really helpful to know the facts. Thanks.

yes this would be helpful. including me i dont think many people know all the ways of getting the points, as some people say every kill you get points and some say if you kill someone close to their spawn you dont get anything etc. so would be good to clarify gen :)

and also the buff glitch is SOO damn annoying! your fighting away and then suddnely they all glitch up and only way to get buffs again is to jump in your cart and then ask cleric again which isnt ideal for yourself or the cleric. as most of the time you die while trying to get in and out of your cart which sucks!

#166 ekaii

ekaii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

http://forums.warppo...-ga-suggestion/ Hope we can shed some light on this further!

#167 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:34 AM

I think there should be some sort of penalty for spam healing the crystal. It irks me when clerics just camp underneath it and heal the crystal for easy points instead of helping out other group members.

I rarely see that when I am playing. Guess it happens but usually the cleric in the crystal is hiding and healing the group as far as I can see, at least at the times I play. And I don't understand all the clerics that don't buff or heal the whole party. That is just rediculous. The group is a team and the goal is to win. All members need to help. But penalizing or blaming all clerics is not good either. A lot of us are working our butts off for the group, just like the group is working thier butts off for the win.

#168 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:58 AM

I think there should be some sort of penalty for spam healing the crystal. It irks me when clerics just camp underneath it and heal the crystal for easy points instead of helping out other group members.

If this is the case then.. I think there should be some sort of penalty for people running to far away from clerics(likely so they can wrack up points and kills) and not helping protect the clerics--See where this is going? We only get points for healing the crystal if the crystal actually needs healing.

If you're defending, the point is to defend the crystal--Which includes in that long list of things to do..Keep it healed. If no one healed it ever again, you'd be back in a few days crying that no one was healing the crystal and that you were losing because of it. And for the record, our points got nerfed twice already--Its not that easy of points anymore. And us healing the crystal, is like you going after that player you know is super squishy and you've just attacked because you know its going to die quickly. Easier points.

Just like its a personal choice to whether or not you run back around and help out all the clerics on their team--its their personal choice to what or who they heal. Same thing goes for buffing Bendersmom. On the other hand, its not always the easiest to be healing a whole side and buffing them at the same time--Not everyone plays the same, so maybe they are actually not capable of doing both. Although, on the other hand, I didn't buff or heal anyone for a few weeks there due to the excessive amount of rude players at the time.

#169 Mystiqueforce

Mystiqueforce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:24 AM

i usually spam heal the crsytal when defending... thats because i am not encouraging people to fight far from the crystal.. if they are with in healing range and is close proximity to the crystal i will heal them..

if they get too far ( like the team is fighting at the back of the houses or at the side of the crystal--- first crystal location) i won't heal them

and besides healing crystals gives you lesser points than healing players~

Edited by Mystiqueforce, 03 June 2012 - 04:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users